Start by marking “The 9 Types of Leadership: Mastering the Art of People in the 21st Century Workplace” as Want to Read:

The 9 Types of Leadership demonstrates how to solve people problems on the job in a quick, efficient and satisfying way through understanding personality patterns and motivations.

In the past few years, mindfulness and other approaches to self-awareness have begun to transform the American workplace. But while it is increasingly widely accepted in the business world that
Published January 31st 2017 by Post Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about The 9 Types of Leadership, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 9 Types of Leadership

Start your review of The 9 Types of Leadership: Mastering the Art of People in the 21st Century Workplace
Sarah Ronk
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved her other enneagram book. This was a helpful business/corporate read, I’d recommend it. Even my 9 husband (who’s not terribly into all things enneagram) was highly interested to read it.
Jenai Hamilton
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-till-the-soil
I love The 9 Types of Leadership , and I love the ways in which Beatrice Chestnut addresses the Enneagram as a tool.

This particular book is chockful of information, but it may not cover every aspect of the theories of the Enneagram. For that, I believe Chestnut's other book, The Complete Enneagram is a great book to keep alongside this one.

I understand the aversion people have to any form of labeling. It can be an excuse for dismissiveness and minimizing at best and, it is dehumanizing at wors
Connor
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is an Enneagram primer for the workplace, so it reads like the transcript of a professional workshop. I've found the Enneagram itself to be very helpful, and this book would be a great introduction to the tool in a more corporate setting. But I could've predicted many of the principles espoused in the book (Sevens look on the bright side of obstacles!) and some of the personal stories read like testimonials to bring in an Enneagram workshop into the reader's own business.

If you are new
Aaron
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A practical, workplace addition to the Enneagram canon of self-help guides. This edition by Chestnut has all the well-structured advice and analysis of her previous work, with the added benefit of providing a few practicable strategies for getting along with colleagues based on Enneagram principles.

I did notice that in the epilogue all of the people quoted were type 8s, 3s, 9s, or 4s - and some referred to other 7s. It just goes to show that leadership really is the domain of particular personal
Alex Bulankou
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I would recommend to only read (or listen to) this book if you like personality psychology and somehow haven't heard about Enneagram before. I didn't and it was a great introduction and given the Enneagram connection with antiquity, Odysseus' journey and Christian deadly sins, I became very curious and immediately proceeded to classify everyone I know into one of Enneagram types. If you are familiar with Enneagram already, don't bother with this book, it reads like a work seminar manual and ther ...more
Shannon
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s not very often you find a book that has a chapter that can describe your better than you can describe yourself. It turns out I’m a Type 1 on the Enneagram of Personality chart, who knew?

I recommend this to anyone who is not familiar with the Enneagram model and enjoys psychology or learning more about their self.
Paul
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enneagram, coaching
This is the best "enneagram for business" book I've read so far. There's great information about how each style shows up as a leader and points out blind spots. The bullet lists of how to work with each style and what to do when your manager or direct reports are a certain type opens the way to more effective communications and overall healthy organizational development.
Justin Heap
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Absolutely brilliant application of the Enneagram from one of the very best, articulated folks in the entire field. Applicable to a variety of environments, too! Note: this book doesn't aim to discuss Wings and/or much of the therapeutic tangents normally related to the tool –it's just not within the scope.
John Fletcher
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed in this one. Maybe the print version would be better. Didn’t feel like I got
Much additional insight but maybe I need a concrete example to apply the concepts to.
Pablo Gómez
75% repetition
Jon Groves
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great for business

This is not the best book I have read about the enneagram. however this was a great fresh perspective from a business point of view.
Kenny
The best Enneagram book I've read so far dealing with work and vocational contexts and issues.
Lisa Smith
One of the better resources on the Enneagram.

I would have given the book 4 stars, but it (unnecessarily) throws shade at the Myers-Briggs. I feel those two models can co-exist quite happily. :)
Taryn Nergaard
Joseph
Jun 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential
  • The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types
  • The Enneagram of Belonging: A Compassionate Journey of Self-Acceptance
  • The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective
  • The Path Between Us: An Enneagram Journey to Healthy Relationships
  • Thicker Than Water
  • The Sacred Enneagram: Finding Your Unique Path to Spiritual Growth
  • The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering
  • The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery
  • Patternmaster (Patternmaster, #4)
  • Quit Like a Millionaire: No Gimmicks, Luck, or Trust Fund Required
  • How to Be an Antiracist
  • Fierce, Free, and Full of Fire: The Guide to Being Glorious You
  • Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes: Cultural Studies in the Gospels
  • The Essential Enneagram
  • Personality Types: Using the Enneagram for Self-Discovery
  • The Measure of Success: Uncovering the Biblical Perspective on Women, Work, and the Home

News & Interviews