Start by marking “Cold Hearted (Hearted, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cold Hearted (Hearted, #1)

Cold Hearted

(Hearted #1)

I wish I could say our meeting was happenstance.

I wish I could say we took one look and we just knew.

I wish I could say falling for him was the best thing that ever happened to me.

But none of that would be true.

Rhett Carson was as cold as the ice on which he skated. He was as calloused as the hands that shot the goals that won world championships. He was also damaged.
Published January 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Cold Hearted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Hearted

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Cold Hearted (stand-alone). Unlikely romance threatens to melt ice-hockey pro’s heart while warming his bed!

“Devouring her with my tongue and watching her wriggle and writhe as I take control of her body makes me harder for her, hotter for her.”

Books in Hearted duet should be read in order:
Book 1: Cold Hearted
Book 1.5: Locke Hearted
- Included in book 1!

Cold Hearted (stand-alone) follows the steamy out-of-control fuckfest romance between ice hockey pro Rhett Carlson and writer Ayla C
Bindi Boo
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I LOVE Winter Renshaw. She is an automatic one-click. I LOVE that her books are short and affordable. I LOVE that she always gives us free books at the end of her current book. I LOVE her original plots, her main characters and almost always her heroines.

Ayla meets Rhett while sorting out her dead half brother's belongings. Half brother has done something that makes Rhett HATE him(not going to ruin this for you). Ayla hides the fact that she is related to said half brother and falls in l
Syndi
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
My second book by miss Renshaw. I have to say i enjoy it. The character is really engaging. The push and pull feels sarcastic but sweet. The angst is minimum but its enough to make the story interesting.

I wish there is more to explain about the dead brother. After all he is the one who brings Ayla and Rhett together. I know it is a bit immatire of Ayla not telling Rhett who she is from the very beginning. But if she did tell Rhett, then we will not have this romantic story.

The groveling is don
Kiki
REALLY cruel asshat hero, doormat heroine.
Almost DNF. It was a struggle.
He basically didn't want her yet wanted to screw her. This was so messed up!
Alaina
second time read and first time review.

Okay, I really need to get better at writing reviews for books that I've read. So in a way I'm glad I dove back into this book because here's my chance at redemption. Also, my rating definitely changed (in a good way).

Cold Hearted is definitely a second chance at romance kind of book. In it, you will meet Rhett and Ayla. Now, at first, Rhett wanted nothing to do with Ayla because of who her family was. It also doesn't help that even her own half brother wan
Candy
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alya Caldwell is in NYC to bury the half brother she never met. She had always wanted an older brother but Bryce Renner wasn't happy having a half-sister from his cheating dad. Alya mourns the lost of a brother she never knew with his fellow NY Spartans teammates after the funeral at the local bar. Alya wants to know more about the brother she never knew & his teammate tell her she should talk with Rhett Carson who was Bryce's best friend. Alya learns Bryce died in a car accident with Rhett' ...more
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
oooo another bites the dust yes I read this straight after The Rebound that’s two books in one.

I liked/loved the storyline of Rhett and Ayla. I feel like Winter Renshaw books are growing on me. Lol.

I like how and where this book took me. It’s full of fun and hot sex but the characters are just so worth it. I did however felt like again the author sort of downplayed Ayla (please don’t hate me) lol I mean I love how Ayla’s written but I sometimes felt like she was too needy too fast, a bit too w
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
3.5 / 5 stars
Stormie
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was good. I really enjoyed the first half a lot more than the second. I enjoyed Ayla's honesty and the fact that she was unapologetically herself. It's obvious that's what Rhett was attracted to about her. I thought Rhett was too hard on her. I understand he was going through a dark time already and maybe that's what made it so bad for him. But he was a pretty cold asshole to her. But of course it works out. It was a really good read.
Nikki
This was just ok for me. The book ends at 40%. Two other books included. I wasn't expecting such a short read.
Madeline ❤️ Romance Bibliophile ❤️
♥♥ 3 Icy Stars ♥♥

As per my rating, I have mixed feelings about this one. It's a hockey romance, which is one of my favorite subcategories in sports romance, but I there was just too much going on that I wasn't in love with.

Okay, so Rhett is hot, talented, and (hot) tempered -- but he's got a heart of ice (see what I did there?). His best friend, Ayla's half-brother, recently died and the circumstances of his death leave Rhett hating his guts. When he meets Ayla, she knows how he feels, but does
Susan (susayq ~)
Oh wow. The angst. The heart wrenching pain that I felt for Rhett and Ayla. They killed me. And I loved it. If you're looking for a sit on the edge of your seat because you know it's going to go south book, this is it. I only wish we would have gotten to see more of Rhett and Ayla when they were happy at the end:)

*thanks to Ardent PR for sharing a copy of this with me*
Tina Manuel
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
2.5 Enjoyable read but got a bit bored after awhile
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Good. But got redundant. And at times you wanted to slap both of them.
Anna
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved Rhett. Ayla I had mixed feelings about. What do Rhett and Ayla have in common? Nothing but Ayla's brother/Rhett's best friend who was sleeping with Rhett's fiancé. Add that the brother/best friend and fiancé died in a car crash and it's ugly, right? Of course it is. So when Ayla has a one night stand with Rhett fully knowing who he is (and he has no clue) you know it's going to be ugly when the truth comes out. Ayla had lots of opportunities to fess up but didn't and when it finally came ...more
MillsyLovesBooks
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
This is my first time of reading a Winter Renshaw book. I do love a good Sports Romance but this book was definitely more than a sports romance read.

Some may find Rhett to be obnoxious and at times he did infuriate me but when you look at the bigger picture you can understand why he protects and closes his heart to love and happiness.

Alya was thrown in at the deep end after the death of her estranged brother. You could tell she has the kindest of heart and just wanted to show that kindest to Rh
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,7 / 5 stars

This book was pretty intense, the anguish-y heartfelt mess that I truly love in a book. Winter Renshaw is known for those kind of books and I seriously couldn't love them more.
This one was just as lovely, the plot was pretty fucked up if I'm being honest, but that whole mess is really what makes these kind of books amazing and I truly enjoyed reading this, no matter how frustrating and teary worthy it got, I devour this kind of sh*t.
Rhett really is a cold hearted bastard bu
Danielle
I loved this book! I think I say this every time I read a book by this author but I love that she develops a story that has not been done before. I mean everyone has read a sports romance but she put her spin to it to make the story very different from other ones out there. With out doing a total recap of the blurb, I really liked the conflict in the story. I wanted to dislike Ayla for it but once it started there wasn't a good way to discuss it. Rhett made me a little mad from his actions but y ...more
Dana
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Secrets….Secrets and more secrets

What would you do if you met “the one”…..but there was this teensy tiny secret that you just can’t share???

Ayla meets Rhett under circumstances that were beyond her control. She fell…..hard…..at first sight basically. But….there’s one thing that she hasn’t told Rhett that would impact their budding relationship. She wants to tell him but she knows that once she reveals her secret, Rhett will look at her in a different light.

This was my first read from M
Tammy  Zautner
I liked Rhett and Ayla, but the lack of communication on Ayla's part drove me up a fricken wall. You'll know from the moment the angst goes down where it is headed and if it wasn't so drawn out this would have easily been a 5 star read.
Cat Fu (carocat)
Feb 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Why. won't. people. just. talk. to. each. other.
April Symes
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! One of the best books by this author!! Winter Renshaw has written another masterpiece that is centered around passion, betrayal, heartbreak, pain, deep sexual attraction and above all soul deep love . The Main Characters are ones that you can connect with and you root for, even with all the angst; I found myself sitting there and unable to get up until the book was finished, until their story was told because I needed to know their outcome would have a good or bad outcome. Suff ...more
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ayla goes to New York to deal with the death of Bryce - the half-brother she has never met. Bryce was a hockey player that was killed in a car accident with his best friend's fiance who.... he was having an affair with. Needless to say, the best friend, Rhett, was pretty messed up about it. Ayla is drawn to Rhett initially because she wants to learn more about her brother, but also because he is damn sexy.

(view spoiler)
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Winter Renshaw isn't new to me per say but she is a newer author on my radar. I really am digging her writing style... angsty, dirty, intense, full of steam and always an a-hole hero who makes you want to slap him then kiss the ever loving life out of him.

Cold Hearted is the newest standalone release from Winter and boy did it make me squirmy as I watched a relationship bloom, blossom, die... then well you'll have to figure that part out for yourself. Ayla and Rhett were truly amazing..
Renee Entress
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, suspense, betrayal, rejection, and heartbreak.

This is Ayla and Rhett’s story. After her half-brother dies in a car accident Ayla is left to settle his estate. But when all his friends all but one welcome her she wonders why. Rhett and her brother were best friends so what is the issue? The chemistry between these two is off the charts but he does not know who she is. The more they are together the more she wants to tell hi
Judy Ohhh
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

It was a easy Romance novel to read. I didn't take to the MCs too well --Rhett was a jackass and i get the reason why but I still couldn't overlook it and Ayla was annoying! I hated how she let him get his way/have his way with her all the time. She never let him "chase" her...if Rhett said jump, she wouldn't even ask how high she would just jump. lol

All in all it was a decent book.
Carcoura LaRomantique
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Winter Renshaw is one of those authors I know will always deliver a great read. Right up there with her best books, Cold Hearted is well written with lovable characters and a storyline that kept me awake well past my bedtime!
Renee
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, sexy book. A tad too much back-and-forth angst for me (and that’s saying something). Other than that, who doesn’t love a sexy hockey player? I swear every time the author described his broad, muscular shoulders I tried to crawl inside the book and replace myself with Ayla.
Wendy
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the story but wasn't a big fan of the way Rhett keep going back and fourth. I know he had just went through a horrible time but come on. Either you wan to be with Ayla or you don't.
Karina
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars...

• Anywhere But Here (Anywhere, #1)
  • Too Far Gone (In Too Deep #2)
  • Mountain Man (Smith Brothers, #1)
  • Give Me You (Keep Me Still, #2)
  • Where the Night Ends
  • Obsession (Explicitly Yours, #4)
  • A Christmas Waltz (Christmas #3)
  • Mobster's Gamble (Chicago Mob #1)
  • Armed and Dangerous (The IMA, #2)
  • Lies Unspoken (Flawed Love, #1)
  • Return Of The Bad Boy
  • Pop Rock
  • Imperfect Bastard
  • Scandal
  • Life Interrupted (The Life Series Book 1)
  • Bittersweet Always (Gray Springs University, #2)
  • Scarred, Part 3 (Scarred, #3)
  • Better Than Revenge
“And long after I have given up, my heart still searches for you without my permission.” —Rudy Francisco, poet” 0 likes