Start by marking “Papi” as Want to Read:
Papi

Papi

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  149 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
A scintillating standalone novella based on a true story coming soon from bestselling author J.C. Valentine.

Dating is hard.
Especially when it's a younger man.
Alejandro is everything I ever dreamed of:
Sexy.
Driven.
Dominant.
He's my Spanish lover.
My every fantasy come true.
My weakness.
And he wants me. All of me. Maybe even more than I have to give.
But the way he talks to me
Kindle Edition, First
Published March 7th 2017 by J.C. Valentine

To ask other readers questions about Papi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Papi

Chris  Carroll
Short, Hot, Steamy, and OMG Delicious!

There is not much more to say about this yummy little novella. J.C. Valentine knows how to tantalize your senses and tell a great story. Starring a yummy dreamboat Latin Lover that will twist you up!

This does end with a cliffhanger but opens the doors for a hot book yet to come! Cannot wait!

* An arc was provided for my review consideration
Alex ♈
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
“When you finally reach the point where you feel good about yourself without the need for someone else’s approval, you’ve discovered true happiness.”

Not a la-la land romance!!!
Honest, a bit messy, raw, not perfect.
(view spoiler)
Linda
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Papi", what can I say, let me try yummy, sexy , hot novella, and better yet based of a true story.
Sooooo, I am just dying to know how this all works out in the end!

Quick overview: Julie is recently separated from her cheating husband and has reached the point she is ready to venture into the world of dating again, but what do you do when the pool of freinds are all married and so are most of their freinds. You turn to a dating website. What you don't expects is to meet the Latin Lover of your
Jessica Alcazar
So I read this little story twice now. I was trying to see if the first time I read it I wasn't in the right frame of mind so that's why I didn't get it. But sadly no, both times the story fell flat for me. Here's the thing that bothered me the most ... I feel like a huge amount of story was left untold. So for me, it makes this less a story and more a moment in time. There's no beginning, middle and end. There's not even a conflict. And add to that the end and I'm just like ... what did I just ...more
Emily
Julie is starting over and ready to get back into the dating game. When she signs up for a dating website, she is not expecting much until she meets a man who checks everything on her list. Latin lover who she refers to as Papi, Julie is falling hard for the man and when they meet can it become something more than one meeting?

This was scorching hot. Does have a cliffhanger which I was not expecting but anxious to see where the story goes. I liked Julie, she is a strong character who deserves to
J.C. Valentine
Feb 28, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
PAPI is now available at ALL major online retailers!

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2l8WJkD

photo Papi2.png

photo Papi5.png
Book-Lover Book Blog
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow... just wow! Any woman in their right mind would want a hot Latino/Spanish guy to warm their beds, and their hearts, but to read the true experiences of this author has me a tad jealous haha! All I can picture is an Enrique Iglesias clone running around the streets of America in all his glory. Swoon.

Some scenes were hot, while others were filled with anxiety and I loved the dynamic switch between the two.

Another amazing read from this author. Is there nothing this author can't write? I WANT
Candy
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
It takes a lot of guts to share a story so close to home that you bare your soul with your writing. That is exactly what J.C. Valentine does by sharing re-telling of Julie & Alejandro's story. Julie is in the midst of getting a divorce from her husband of 17-years when she takes a risk & signs up for an online dating website. Alejandro is the sexy younger latino who reaches out to her post & let's her know that he is interested. What happens in a woman's journey through relearning ho ...more
Melyssa Winchester

Series or Standalone: Standalone Novella
Rating: ★★★★★

Review

description

When I picked up this story, I expected to become absorbed in it, but I didn’t expect that I would identify with it so much.

As a woman the same age as our lead character, who after being in long term relationships and having children, also wanted to start over and did so in an online dating capacity the way our heroine did, this story was like looking in a mirror.

The self doub
Misty Walker
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Delicious novella exploring a newly separated mom of 3 and her journey into dating again. But not just dating anyone... dating Alejandro. Her dream man. One magical night makes promising forever seem like a possibility until it isn't.

I really enjoyed this novella, I hate that it had to end on a cliffhanger since it probably should be a full length book and not a bunch of short reads. But that is my only complaint and it's not a bad thing when you're readers are dying for more, right?

Can't wait
Nikki Hernandez
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is about Julie "Mami" who after she finds about her cheating husband she leave him and embarks on the world of online dating. Julie is an independent character, who respected herself to live a life as a single mom with 3 kids. I enjoyed the story of her and Alejandro "Papi" and how they meet. They took there time texting in this world of online dating, to get to know each other better.

This novella is short and sweet with a strong female character who knows what she wants in a man. Th
Latifa Morrisette
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Based on a true story, Papi may be short and sweet but it has a lot of heat. This book is bout getting back out into the world after the devestation of infidelity and divorce. Navigating unfamiliar those unfamiliar waters after years of years of marriage can be difficult, but when the right one comes along it can be down right steamy. I truly hope there is more to come for this book because it left me wanting a whole lot more.
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating:
[image error]

“”

Review to come.

Check out my blog here:

Mommaleena
•Worth It
Yet another great story by J.C. Valentine! It's a quick short read, but DEFINITELY HOT! One you pick it up, you just cannot put it down until you've reached the end. I cannot wait for more!! I voluntarily reviewed an ARC copy of this book, via IndieSagePR for an honest blog tour review. Due to sexual content this novel is recommended for readers 18 and older!
Erica
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
As a wife and mother starting over after years of marriage can be hard, but a sexy Latino lover can fix that!
Papi is a quick, sexy read about a woman and a younger man, the kind of man she always dreamed of but also about a woman taking back her life. Doing something just for her, something deliciously uncharacteristic for her but soo so worth it!
Short and fast paced, I do hope there's more to this story to come!
Jennifer Lessard
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily wrote an honest review.
After I read the synopsis for this book I was instantly intrigued by it and drawn to it so I decided I had to sign up to request an ARC to read. The "romantic" in me couldn't resist and when it appeared on my kindle yesterday I was completely stoked! I have read many of JC's books so I was pretty confident that I was not going to be disappointed. I loved how well the book flowed and I really was able to connect with Julie
Mary
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. Honest. Real. Julie is divorced and misses companionship which leads her to a dating site. Not really sure she is ready to date but she dives in. Alejandro messages her which leads to many online chats that are effortless. This romance has a quick and natural progression, I wanted this to be my story it felt so real and honest. As with any great romance, miscommunication happens but will there be a happy ending for Julie. Love that J.C. based this on a true story and as a reader, I’m ...more
2OCC Reviews
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gemma
Papi is a short novella that has left me wanting more. I enjoyed Papi a lot and really enjoyed the realism of the story. The way that the character struggled with self-doubt after getting a divorce and then the struggle she felt of dating again is something that a lot of people coming out of along term relationship can identify with. I think the author done an amazing job with the way they wrote this story and the way that you could feel the emotions of the main character by the way the author w ...more
Lori Vandenburg
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Julie is a soon to be divorced mom of three. She has lost her self which happens when you are a wife and a mom. In an attempt to restore her self confidence and find companionship, she tries online dating. She instantly finds Alejandro. He makes her feel instantly special . After meeting the chemistry between the two is undeniable. It was a little slow to start, but it picked up about midway. I'm not sure if it's suppose to be a standalone, but I hope it's not. I voluntarily reviewed this ARC.
Kathleen R.
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Papi
Author: J.C. Valentine

5 amazing stars

What the hell!?! Nooooooo! Papi just can't finish like that and especially without finding out what Julie decides to do! Bloody hell. Excuse me while I try to stop myself from going all stalker-ish to track J.C. Valentine down and find out exactly what happens between her and Alejandro. Trust me, the struggle is real people!

4 breath taking dreams

It's all there - hurt, anger, resentment, self confidence, but most of all, all of the emotions th
Liz
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Papi by J.C. Valentine is a short novella about a soon to be divorcee trying to navigate through her new life. But dating is hard, especially when you have kids, responsibilities and are no longer young. I loved this short story. It was hot and steamy and so much fun, but also felt real and honest. And just enough of a taste to fall for Alejandro.

Julie is staring over. She finally decided to ends things with her cheating husband. She knows she deserves better and wants to give her children a goo
Racy
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great short short. I love J.C. Valentine’s books.

This book is about a woman who has went through a divorce and trying to start again. I just loved what J.C. put in front of the book before you started the story. It said.”When you finally reach the point where you feel good about yourself without the need for someone else’s approval, you’ve discovered true happiness.” How true that really is.

Julie finds herself a single mom. It has been a long time since she has been in the dating ga
Karen's Bookshelf
Julie is going through major changes in her life, the biggest one being the end her marriage. Now that she is single again she wants to have a little fun and take a walk on the wild side. She just needs to find the perfect guy to go along for the ride . And Julie couldn't think of better place to start her search than on a dating website. That's how Julie meets Alejandro "Papi",and things move pretty fast from there . Is Papi all that Julie was looking for, or is he way more than she can handle? ...more
Renee
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Julie is recently separated from her husband. Raising her three kids and trying to find her happily ever after or at the very least trying to be happy again. She turns to a dating sight and meets the Latino man she has always had an attraction to. Will Alejandero be just what she is looking for in her life?

I like this based on a true story novella. It is a quick read and focusing on Julie and her quest
Ronda
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hot! Good lord, if this is a true story then holy hell your life is amazing! You may have had to go through some seriously crappy stuff to get where you are, but things are really looking up for you! Great kids, great career, and a smoking hot love life. I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Kathy
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very hot, steamy, quick read! Very relatable to anyone who has ever experienced a first date. Can't wait to read more by this author.

I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
3 Stars .....A steamy quick read about a woman trying to get back in the groove after 3 kids and a divorce from a cheating husband. Julie may have found what she needed from an online dating website.....Alejandro, the hot and spicy Latin heartthrob.

Since this is a short read, there is not much of a buildup, once they meet it is INSTA-LUST! Nothing is wrong with that. However, after some promises were made and broken, we end up with a little cliffhanger. So, I guess stay tuned to see what happens
Haddie Harper
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DISCLAIMER: I received an e-ARC of this book from IndieSagePR for honest review, as part of a blog tour.

Guys, Alejandro is Spanish. I rarely come across books with Hispanic/Latin characters and when I do, I jump right into them. I know, I know, there are probably several titles that follow Hispanic characters, but I just can't find them around me.
I love how this book is based on a true story. Book with fictionalized reality always catch my eye.
This is a fairly quick, FUN, read. And by fun, I me
Mary Mooney
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is written from some true life experiences, we may never know which parts are real but it doesn't take away from the story. Who hasn't went through the pain of betrayal and hurt. And trying to move on in life.
After 17 years of marriage, Julie finds herself alone with her three kids and has decided that it is time for her to be happy for herself. Her friend talks her into signing up on a online dating site. Yeah, that's not a scary thing. Can she find a good, honest man on a website?
Al
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bargain Basement: Kindle Fire 1 6 Mar 17, 2017 03:30PM
ARC SIGN UP! 1 2 Feb 22, 2017 10:10AM
J.C. Valentine is the USA Today and International bestselling author of the Night Calls and Wayward Fighters Series and the Forbidden Trilogy. Her vivid imagination and love of words and romance had her penning her own romance stories from an early age, which, despite being poorly edited and written longhand, she forced friends and family members to read. No, she isn't sorry.

J.C. lives in the Nort
More about J.C. Valentine

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be