Welcome! It looks like you still need
to set up your Goodreads account.
Start by marking “Distraction” as Want to Read:
Distraction

Distraction

At the ripe old age of twenty-eight, Jamie Armstrong is sick of douchebags like the PA who told her she has an “ass made for screwing” on the first date. She wants commitment, and she’s got a list that she’s anxious to check off.

Love.

Marriage.

Baby (preferably twins, because two’s company).

Then she meets Mateo Bailon.

An attorney with a penchant for chains and kink, Mateo
Published April 22nd 2017

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

DISTRACTION by Emily Snow is a stand-alone contemporary romance novel where we’re introduced to playboy thirty-nine year old Attorney Mateo Bailon and twenty-eight year old Jamila (Jamie) Armstrong a paediatric nurse. Spoken in ‘Dual perspectives.’

Their first meeting is under unusual circumstances, Jamie is in his office wearing Hello Kitty Scrubs to offer support to her best friend Lucy who is worried about a lawsuit where all his attention should be focused on Lucy it’s solely focused on J
Natalie The Biblioholic
Covergasm!! That is one gorgeous specimen of a man and he got me in the right mind set to read all about Mateo Bailon!!

I was already intrigued by uber-sensual Mateo when I met him in Friction and I was beyond excited to find out that he was getting his very own story. He and Jamila (Jamie) lit up the pages with their chemistry and I couldn't get enough of them. This story was full of so much tension and I didn't even realize how tense I was until I finished reading and drew my first deep breat
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is something so irresistible about Emily Snow characters that make you fall in love with them. I have been intrigued by Jamie Armstrong and Mateo Bailon since Friction. And Distraction well... definitely proved to be a distraction because I couldn't stop reading and I wanted more, more, more (you see what I did there hehehe)...

Their instant chemistry and attraction were palpable from the start. While Jamie wants her happily ever after, the dream husband with the baby; Mateo likes his freed
Jos
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shahla's World
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I loved this story and when I got to the end, I still wanted more. Mr. B's character was so many things--demanding, alpha, arrogant, sweet, caring, vulnerable, sexy, intelligent, slick, a##, loving, passionate. So many things. But in the end so, damn good to read about.
100sweet
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 50%.

This book started good but it got frustrating. The H and h dance around each other and I finally just gave up. I wanted them to get together already.
CeCe
Lourdes Santin
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When you read a book like Friction by Emily, you think: can she do better than this?

I got my answer and is YES, YES SHE CAN!

Mateo and Jamila are one of the best characters Emily has written so far.

Mateo has his own story, one we don't understand unless he wants to tell us, and ladies? He does in this book, so you need to read it!

Jamila (Jamie), there is no secret that she wants the fairy tale, the boyfriend, the engagement, the wedding and the baby... I guess she just had to go with the flow
D
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The chemistry between Mateo Bailon and Jamie Armstrong was fabulous. Both could give just as much as they could get. They were sexy together, they were dorky together-- they were perfect together.
Snow wove in Spanish quotes givin
Moon Love
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I was going to be on board with a story which featured a swinger-esque hero like Mateo Bailon. I was so wrong! Emily Snow really made him swoon-worthy and the perfectly flawed alpha hero! And Jamile "Jamie" Armstrong wasn't too shabby either!

I loved the push-and-pull feel of their relationship. It was interesting to see someone who was not used to pursuing a woman go all out. And Mateo did it so well. I understood where Jamie's fears of being with Mateo came from. Nothing he was
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Available Now - Full Review

4 Sexy Distraction Crowns

I was excited to come back to this world and see the man behind the sex parties fall in love, and Emily Snow does not disappoint, giving readers sexy, angsty goodness with Mateo and Jamila.

Mateo is a hero that oozes sex. From the bilingual language that comes out to play to his attention to details and ability to romance a woman, he is a hero readers will swoon over. Emily Snow really shows us that there is so much more behind the man with amaz
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5 / 5 stars

This had that lovely banter in the beginning filled with sexual tension. When they started their relationship it was sweet and sexy and you can't help fall a little with Mateo even with all his troubles. The book had a little angst, even though it was barely none, it was a good. I enjoyed reading this and it was a good book.
Marci ** 3 star default **
Gah, I did really like the writing, story line, etc. I just can't like completely when she is a DOORMAT. So frustrating. It's no yes no ok no yes no ok - may have even happened more times than that. There are ways to do the volley there without making a doormat character.
Novel Grounds
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2pEUKGC

Add to Goodreads

LOVE this. Another fun and sexy read from Emily snow. She took us on a wild ride with these two but I loved that we were still around some favorites.

I will say I liked the characters more from he first book in the series, but this could be read as a standalone if you wanted.  Jamie and Mateo were sexy from the start. I love reading the pursuit of them and when things finally came to a head I was hooked on finishing it.

Throw in some baggage and

Konny
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Distraction by Emily Snow is a stand-alone contemporary romance novel.
For better understanding I recommend to read Friction first.

I read Friction by Emily Snow and thought wow, just wow, how can she top this?
Yes she could and she has. Friction was Jace and Lucys book. Lucys story spins-off in Distraction.

Jamila-Jamie Armstrong is Lucys best friend and holds her hand in a pending lawsuit. Shes 28 year old a pediatric nurse, twin sister to Bella and wants the picked fence, a husband and babies.

An
Heather andrews
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing

There are times Jamie is fed up, and not impressed with Mateo, I mean the man has no manners, "eff, it’s good to see you? I haven’t spoken to this guy in nearly a week and that’s the first thing he says to me?" Mateo isn't one for liking his woman in clothes, “why the eff are you dressed?” he retorts, skimming his dark gaze from my lacy bra to the matching thong and up to my face." I loved this book, Mateo was bossy, demanding, crude at times, and didn't care what others thought.
Nikki
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read. Seems to be the typical romance story.
Sarah Armstrong
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I really enjoyed Mateo & Jamie's story. Didn't expect it to become emotional, you definitely connect to the characters. Amazing writing.
Isa LaCroqueuseDeLivres
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing

5/5 STARS

See my review in French here

In Friction, we met Jamie, Lucy’s best friend, and “kinky” Mateo Bailon.

I have to admit that when I was reading it, I totally wanted a story for those two, so I was more than thrilled when Emily Snow announced Distraction’s blurb.

Back to the book (great cover by the way)…
Jamie is tired of assholes and disastrous dates, she wants a relationship, babies and white fences.
So quite the opposite from Mateo Bailon, whom she met under very weird circumstances (yes, #
KFForever
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Tracey on behalf of KFF

This was a new author for me and I have to say the blurb alone was what reeled me in.

Mateo Bailon is a gorgeous, sinfully attractive attorney who was very good at throwing parties. Only these parties weren't your normal kind of party. His parties were the special kind that included sex and kink.

Jamie Armstrong is a fierce, strong independent 28 year old woman who is forever dating Mr Wrong. She is looking for the perfect guy and all that he comes with; Love, ma
Brittany *** A Beautiful Book Obsession**
First I want to start with how grateful I am that I was allowed the chance to read Emily Snow’s book for my book blog, thank you! ( Blog name: A Beautiful Book Obsession)
Distraction was such a great read, I loved the chemistry between Jamie and Mateo. They had this instant connection but yet there’s still time for the two of them to get to know one another, to determine how they feel for the other without it being sudden. Obviously they are drawn to one another on a scale of attraction, but belo
Love N. Books
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pet’s $0.02

Break out the visqueen and the Clorox wipes…seriously. I’m sorry, but I just can’t get past thinking about how Mateo Bailon had to have fucked women all over his sex party house. I can barely make myself touch public handrails, so sitting on or touching anything in his home would have to be a no go.

Jamie and Mateo are two people that are incredibly wrong for each other. Jamie has dreams of marriage, babies and security and Mateo wants women, recklessness and a distraction fro
Viridiana Dimas
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can Mateo Bailon be any hotter?? (Spoilers)

First of all can I say I'm a huge sucker for hot men who talk to you in Spanish!
So what happens when you have a kinky lawyer who doesn't do commitments but wants to get into the gorgeous nurse with a ticking biological clock?? Argue and talk your way in of course.
Mateo Bailon doesn't do relationships, he does distractions. But when he's in the middle of a very public scandalous picture, his threat to sue brings him eye to eye with the gorgeous Jamie A
Sarah Dale
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow Emily Snow has done it again! She has written another brilliant book that will have her readers hooked and in love. And how can you not LOVE that cover!!! I'm totally in love/lust. Talk about a DISTRACTION!

This book is Jamie (Jamilia) and Mateo Bailon's story. We met them in Friction and the 'photo-gate scandal' that caused the drama that almost split Lucy and Jace up. Jamie is the person Lucy meant to send the private photo of Mateo at one of his special parties in a compromising position.
Three Chicks
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

We first met Jamie Armstrong and Mateo Bailon in Friction, Jamie is Lucy Williams best friend and Mateo is the man who commissions Jace to create kinky toys for his playroom. Jamie pleaded Lucy’s case when a compromising photo of him and one of his friends popped up on the internet. A photo Lucy took and thought she was sending to Jamie.

It was obvious at that meeting that Bailon was interested in Jamie. He let her know but she shot him down. He isn’t a man to let that stand i
Lita Thomas
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Distraction by Emily Snow. I have to say that when I initially wanted to read this book I had no idea that it is was the story of 2 characters from a previous book Friction. I happened to have read a review by another member of my blog and from their review did I find out about the previous book. I can say I did read Friction before I read Distraction. You can read this book without reading friction but I suggest you read Friction first. There are references in the story that will not make sense ...more
Sbell
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
The blurb says that Distraction is a stand
alone book. I would have to say that it is
BUT I think you would enjoy it much more
if you read Friction first.

I was hesitant to read this because in Friction
we were introduced to Mateo. Let me just
say Mateo is a sex freak. I didn't really like
him in Friction and was like "meh" when I
found out that he was our hero in this one.

Well, Ms. Snow did an exceptional job of turning
my opinion of Mateo around. I ended up loving
him. Jamie was perfect for him. She wa
Tanya Santiago
***4 Very Distracted Stars!!***

The title lives up to its name because when reading this, I was totally distracted from life :-)

I’ve read the Devoured series so when I got the chance to read Distraction, I jumped on it because I really like Devoured and Consumed! The characters Jamie and Mateo are just great!

Jamie is 28 and wants to settle down in life. She wants whole package, marriage, kids, white picket fence. Mateo just wants a distraction to forget about the scandal that is plaguing him curr
Romance Readers Retreat
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Woah! I'm always banging on about chemistry between fictional couples, but let me tell you Mateo Bailon and Jamilla 'Jamie' Armstrong's chemistry was off the charts.

The book takes place at a point towards the end of the book Friction, when both Lucy and Jamie pay a trip to Mateo. It is here we see just how hot for one another they really are.

Now despite that these two characters have the serious hots for one another, Jamie does put up some resistance which makes for some great sexual tension.
Elle Fielding
Another five star read from Emily Snow. I didn't realise this was the follow up to Friction until I started reading it. When I did realise, I squeed. I loved Lucy and Jace's story, Friction, where Snow seeded Mateo and Jamie's story, and I was pumped to pick up this book and find it picked up where the other one left off. If you haven't read Friction, fear not, everything is explained in Distraction. That said, Friction is well worth the read.

Jamie and Mateo's story does not disappoint. If anyt
  • Damage (Havoc #2)
  • Scarred, Part 2 (Scarred, #2)
  • Filthy Cam Girl
  • Covet (Forbidden Series #2)
  • One Thousand Years to Forever (My Beloved Vampire)
  • Start Over (Start Again #2)
  • Devil's Own (The Devil's Keepers #3)
  • One Good Reason
  • Where I Found You
  • Kathleen Kirkwood Collection #1: Romancing The Unexplained
  • Wicked Revenge (A Wicked Angels MC, #1)
  • Redeemed (The Dark Redemption #2)
  • Fall
  • Set in Stone (Crazy Good, #2)
  • Erased
  • Found Underneath (Finding Me, #2)
  • The Solemn Bell (Neill Brothers #1)
  • The Sinner's Bargain (Contracts & Deceptions, #2)
Emily Snow is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of erotic, new adult, and contemporary romance. She loves books, sexy bad boys, and really loud rock music, so naturally, she writes stories about all three. She lives in Virginia with her husband, children, and one very energetic Yorkie-Poo.

For new book info and fun freebies, visit her website at https://www.emilysnowbooks.net/