Start by marking “Beyond (Beyond, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond (Beyond, #1)

Beyond (Beyond #1)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  158 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
Dangerous. Wrong. She could be so close to finding out who I really am, and I don’t want to think about how badly that could damage her. If I have any conscience, I’ll turn and run. But I can’t let her go.

Presley Hale has no idea the guy she just told off in the school parking lot died in a drowning accident four months ago. Why would she? It’s not like she knows she can s
Published June 13th 2017 by Cedar Fort, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Beyond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond

Lisa
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every so often you come across a book that hooks you from page one and doesn't let you go. Beyond is that kind of book. It's clean steam with a paranormal twist that will keep you turning pages far past bedtime.

The authors have written characters that are real and relatable, and I truly enjoyed getting to “know” them. The descriptions of everything from the scenery to the curliness of a character’s hair are beautiful and vivid. I could see the different settings in my mind (I may want to move to
Kelly
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Beyond is different than any book I have read. I didn’t think the ending would be like it was either. That ending blew me away!

From the beginning of the book, I was hooked. There were simple phrases that would grab you and you would wonder why they put that there and what does it mean? And after each sentence was more things that I had questions for. I had to keep reading, I had to know more!

Once Landon realizes that Presley the new girl can see him, a boy 5 months dead, he needs to know why. T
Kara
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5

What a whirlwind! I love getting sucked into a book so much that I can't put it down all day! ;) These ladies have such a way with words! The characters and setting came alive through their descriptions and details. I am not typically drawn to paranormal stories, but I was drawn into this one right away by the unique concept and captivating connection between Presley and Landon. I loved the many references to making choices and the importance of progression through those choices. I loved Chas
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
3.5, rounding up

I haven't read a good paranormal/supernatural type romance in a bit so this book felt fresh and new to me. I loved the mountain setting of Truckee, Nevada. I drive through Truckee all the time on my way to California. It's a beast of a place in the winter!! You sure don't get many books set there but I loved it!

The characters in this book were good. I liked them and the way they all connected to each other. Presley has the weight of the world on her shoulders with a special needs
Mindy
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Beyond reads quickly, with a very entertaining plot and very likable characters. Presley is a great character. I loved her relationship with Chase, it was very sweet. Being his caregiver was hard, but she did it well. I loved the story line and where the authors took it. I enjoyed the POV switches between Landon and Presley. The climax was entertaining and heart-pounding, but I felt it we could have used a little more on the Vigilum. I know the story was about Landon ...more
Lois
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, this is a book I have had the hardest time to give a review so far. But here goes...

LIKES:

* This is a fast read and really chick flick YA book.

*I liked the setting of Truckee and all the other beautiful sceneries they “painted” in this book. Especially the beach. I could almost hear the waves.

* I like Presley’s friends. The fact that they fellowshipped a bullied student is amazing to me. I loved them even more after the fact that they were so kind to her brother, Chase, who has autism. T
Mindy
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! Such a good, clean read- I hated to put it down and deal with real life. Can't wait to see what these ladies have up their sleeve next!!
Katharina Boyce
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a quick, engrossing read! I love novels that I can just get sucked into, and this is definitely one of them. I liked the premise of the book and the many different themes it explores--life, death, love, difficult choices we must make, complicated family relationships, and more. I enjoyed reading from different characters' points of views and felt that that allowed me to know the characters on a deeper level. However, I felt like Landon's and Presley's relationship was a little rushed not as ...more
Julina Bell
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beyond was a great read! I'm not sure if knowing one of the authors made me biased, but the characters were clever and funny and believable! (which they sometimes really aren't.) I heard Angela's voice saying the character's lines multiple times and it just made me laugh because it's exactly how she would say it. It read like a fairly classic clean teen romance, but the chapters are written from 3 or 4 of the main character's perspectives, which I liked a lot because you get to know them on a mo ...more
Brendi
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-club
I started this book while waiting for my family to get into town. Late nights + vigilums = creepy vibes and unknown noises and being creeped out but in a good way. I couldn't put the book down and finally did 33 chapters in. I devoured the rest of the book this morning and I'm desperately hoping there is more to Landon and Presley's story. This book will leave me wanting for more for a very long time.
Angela
Writing BEYOND with my co-author and sister, Catina was one of the best experiences of my life. I'm a huge fan of Stephenie Meyer, Kasie West, Amy Harmon and Ally Condie. If you like these authors, you'll probably love the clean steam and fast paced elements of BEYOND. Catina and I are hard at work on the sequel to BEYOND which releases in 2018. We love to hear from our readers, so leave us a note! Thanks for reading, friends.
Michelle
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It was descriptive enough to build the settings, the characters where real, faced challenges, real life situations amongst the surreal. It was strong enough to keep my attention yet clean enough that my daughter and read it-it's so difficult to find something we would both enjoy!!
Great job!!
Peggy
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
There’s so much to love about this book! With a paranormal aspect filled with its own fascinating mythology, a main character in a refreshingly a non-standard role, an ending I couldn’t guess, well chosen, vivid settings that made the story come alive, all packed with mystery and new love and heartbreakingly tough choices, this is a story that will hook you from the start.
Susan Jeide
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! I was so captivated by the characters it left me wanting more. I hope there is a sequel. This also opened my eyes to families with autistic children. My heart was pulled in so many ways. Loved this!!
Ashley
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Congrats Angie! Such a fun read!
Camille
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
4.5 to 5 stars. A good, clean read that draws you in immediately.
Jana739
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need the next book!

So good! I had no idea how they were going to pull off the premise of this book but somehow it worked! I can’t wait to read the next in the series!
Valerie
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, young-adult
My friend lent me this book and I finished it in two days! It’s a quick, easy (and clean) read but it totally sucked me in. Looking forward to the next book because that ending needs to be resolved.
Jackie Leany
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a book I purchased for a teenage friend and my daughter who teaches 5th grade. Both of them loved the book. The teenager is recommending to her friends and my daughter was delighted to have a great story to add to her classroom bookshelf and recommended it to her teaching partners in 6th-8th grade. I also found the book to be a quick read and wanted to know what happened next.
Kimber
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Danny
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a new reader in this genre. A few of my friends recommended the book. I could not put the book down once I started and I found myself thinking about the book and the characters throughout my day. The writing is so crisp and descriptive which made me feel like I knew the characters inside and out. The character development was very strong and the story progresses in a very entertaining way. I will look for other books from these authors or will start reading more in this genre.
I received an eBook from the publisher as part of the promotion for NaNoWriMo at Snow College’s Huntsman Library. It is my pleasure to provide a review. “Beyond” is very well written. It has a very interesting premise, and the ending is even more surprising than the beginning. It ends with a cliffhanger, which is a little annoying, but the sequel is out soon. I love the characters and I can’t wait to see how relationships develop now that circumstances have changed.
Lisa
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely a page turner! Lot's of romantic twists and suspense. I really liked how it wasn't predictable or cliche' either. Paranormal romance is a favorite of mine and I thought the authors did a great job creating an engaging & epic romance story! I definitely recommend this one!

Sheena B.
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down. I loved the writing style of the authors and the storyline. I fell in love with the characters. I love clean novels like this one and the fact that I didn't have to worry about bad language or skipping certain scenes. The ending of this book had me yearning for more!!! Very well written. I definitely recommend this book. You won't regret it!
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Well done! It was funny, tragic, romantic & full of twists and turns. Brought me up, then down and back up again in the best possible ways. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. Hoping this will be a series. Crossing my fingers!!!
Carrie Scott
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely feel in love with the characters! I haven't decided who I want Presley to be with the most. It was a real page turner. I plan to read it again. If you are looking for a great #cleansteam book this is the one for you!! Love it and it's going to be so hard waiting for the sequel!!
Diane Butler
Totally intriguing. Took me right back to my high school days in the first few pages. Such an easy yet can't-put-it-down read!
This was honestly the only book I've ever read that I've chosen to reread the day after I finished it. I felt so sad the book was over.
Sequel PLEASE Catina.
Angie Lee
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great quick read with like able characters an interesting twist and an interesting premise. This is a YA novel and captures the emotional turmoil that teenagers go through without smut or manufactured drama.
Kim
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pleasure reading at it's finest! I loved it! It sucked me in and kept me there til the last page! The characters we're relatable and the world seemed real! I'll be sharing this with my daughters, sisters and friends! :)
Susan Sarkis
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Every character draws you in. I love it when I read a book and even when I put it down I'm thinking about those characters. Great book for all ages. Totally recommending this to my middle schoolers this year. Anxiously awaiting the sequel!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Clean Reads: Clean YA Paranormal Romance Giveaway 1 12 Jul 22, 2017 12:20PM
Catina worked her way through college as a TV reporter and a dating game show host. A sucker for Young Adult romance stories (both real and make-believe), she has a panache for match-making and loves that many of her "set-ups" have resulted in marriages.

After spending most of her adult life in Las Vegas, Catina traded in tumbleweeds for earthquakes and now lives with her husband and four children
More about Catina Haverlock

Beyond (2 books)
  • Before (Beyond, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)