Start by marking “Lost In Space” as Want to Read:
Lost In Space

Lost In Space

As Lost in Space, starring William Hurt and Gary Oldman, gets ready to blast off into movie blockbusterdom, Hugo Award-winning author Joan D. Vinge offer fans this action-packed audiobook based on the movie's exciting storyline.

Capturing the Twists and Turns of Intergalactic fate, this exciting audio tells how the Robinsons came to be castaways -- the parents' plans for sp

Published 1998 by NEL, Hodder and Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about Lost In Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost In Space

Jhaydun Dinan
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Regrettably, I'm writing this review after already watching the recent Lost in Space remake that came out not long ago and I know they are SIGNIFICANTLY different. But I will not be allowing myself to compare the two of them, because a review should not be about that. It should be about the content of the product you're reviewing.

Now, the first thing I have to say... Is the ACTION! Wow, does this story get action packed into it, or what?

The story starts off fast with Don West and Jeb (Jebediah)
Zachary
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mediocre
I saw the movie when I was eight or so, and so I vaguely recalled a number of the scenes. "Lost in Space" is good, light reading, but it definitely falls short in terms of character development - especially in the complete malevolence of Dr. Smith who, despite his attempt to justify his narcissistic behavior by appealing to Nihilism, fails to make the reader even begin to believe him. The father-son struggles were touching, but the novelization's author tried too hard to get the point across; it ...more
Mars Dorian
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good novelization of a fun sci-fi flick from the late 90s. The story has the typical space opera cliches but goes down like cool Coca-Cola on a hot summer day.

Smart science family travels hyperspeed to explore a distant planet for colonization. Lots of things go wrong during the journey, surprise surprise, featuring technospiders, evil scientist villains, and space portal phenomena.

At around 200 pages, it's basically a novella that can be devoured in one read-through. I probably should rate thi
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-2018
I wanted to re-read this book because there is tv-series in Netflix which is based on Lost in space movie (and book). I have to say that this isn't well written book because Lost in space was movie first and then they made the book from the movie. I also didn't like "aliens" in this story because they were unbelievable and too creepy for me. I also rolled my eyes couple times to other things and I needed to remind myself that this was movie and that's why some things are over the top.

Why do I st
Ana-Maria
I read this story during a cold winter day, with some hot cocoa and my pets around. All these reading clichees were the perfect background for the standard SF adventure that I could wish for:
- the perfect family of scientists, were every member is specialized in a specific field
- the hero pilot
- the villan
- the dangerous ETs
- the robot with a heart
- the gates through time and space
- all kinds of explosions ( planets, starships etc).
Overall impression: it was like seeing a children's Sunday morni
Gerold Whittaker
A novel based on the "Lost in Space" series from about 1965. The book appears to be written for younger readers.
The Robinson family leave Earth in a space ship, intending to colonise a new planet. It's a 10-year flight whilst they are in a cryogenic hibernation state. The flight is sabotaged though and they end up getting lost, landing on a planet which is breaking up. A time warp on the planet leads them to see things they could never have believed, rewriting science as they knew it!!
Michaela
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this book for nostalgia reasons. I love the cheesy movie, and I enjoyed the cheesy novel as well. 2 stars for quality. 5 stars for something that made me smile.
Chani
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it, but I had already seen the movie so there weren't really any surprises.
Babete
Roane Swindon
Sep 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
my page 1 5 Feb 04, 2010 10:50AM
Joan D. Vinge (born Joan Carol Dennison) is an American science fiction author. She is known for such works as her Hugo Award-winning novel The Snow Queen and its sequels, her series about the telepath named Cat, and her Heaven's Chronicles books.