Start by marking “Point Shot Trilogy Boxed Set” as Want to Read:
Point Shot Trilogy Boxed Set

Point Shot Trilogy Boxed Set

(Point Shot #1-3)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  245 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Published March 1st 2017 by Self Published (first published March 23rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Point Shot Trilogy Boxed Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Point Shot Trilogy Boxed Set

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
2.5 Hearts

I've been on a hockey jag lately but this is a little different take on the theme and I found myself struggling to get through this trilogy for a few reasons.

Vic (ginger) has been sent down to the AHL because of his attitude. Frankly, Vic's abrasive AF. He's a misogynist, a slut shamer, a fat shamer and he's not exactly sensitive to the marginalized of this world. I would recommend those who need political correctness in their reads to stay away. Far away. Again, I have to hand it to
AussieMum
DNF 80%

Vic is an unapologetic and unsympathetic narrator. His non-existent brain-to-mouth filter was funny at times, offensive at others. I honestly had a hard time understanding why Dan liked him. But in saying that, they were great together. Dan didn't take any shit, and Vic found multiple ways to lovingly disparage Dan about his height.

But after the first book this was hard work to get through. The (view spoiler) wasn't my problem, it was that bringing (view spoiler)
Cadiva
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilariously witty and starring a serious jerk you just have to love

Victor Kalinski is an absolute arse and he makes no apologies about it but Vicki Locey has such a deft hand at creating characters that you can't help but love that he transcends his status.

This box set is an excellent way to get the full Victor experience as he fails his way through the hockey leagues to end up back with the reserve guys after repeated infractions both on and off the ice.

He's a misogynistic, belligerent, abrasiv
R.J.
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore Dan and Vic... I have read the individual books in this antho at least three times each and every time I want to punch Vic, hug Dan, then hug Vic, and then punch him, and then love him again, and then hug them together. It's that kind of series.
Natalie
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This. Was. Awesome.

Man oh man, can Locey write one h-e-double-hockey-sticks of a character! (See what I did there?) I am glad I read this box set, because I might have been hesitant about book 2 when Victor was such a misogynistic jerkwad in book one and for what he did. Although I spent so much time just rolling with laughter, who knows. He was a lovable jerkwad sometimes and of course later on, I got it where his charming manners originated. Other books have had characters who had no brain to
Gabriella (Gabi)
Victor Kalinski is an asshole.
...
He's the kinda guy who's spewing shit out of his mouth all the time. Nasty, vile stuff. Like a normal hockey player would, I imagine. In real life, if a red-headed, way over six feet tall, cocky jerk like Vic Kalinski would say the things this man said, I would punch him right in the face. Or in the balls. But, oh, do I love him as a character. :D

This man made me dislike him real fast, but at the same time tears were streaming down my face from laughter. There's
Lulu Forth
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
“You’re making my feels all warmy,”

I absolutely LOVED this trilogy! Laugh out loud funny from the word go. I know a few have rated this book down due to the brash nature of one of the MCs Victor, but I just loved him. His one liners were absolutely hilarious and his ability to have me laughing out loud one minute and gasping ‘awww’ the next is commendable. To show a bit more of Victor’s loving side I’ve added some loving quotes to this review.

‘I had come here with nothing but a bad rep and a sh

Kirk
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I came across this trilogy quite by accident, but thought I'd give it a try as I love a hockey romance. What I wasn't prepared for was to be so utterly blown away by it. I just want to gush about it for as long as you'll let me as it was so good. I'm absolutely awestruck by the authors words with the way she wrote Victor Kalinski's character, to portray this guy as being a real mouthy a**hole but on the flip-side of the coin, makes him one of the most real and lovable characters I've ever read a ...more
Coco.V
Feb 19, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/19/2018)! 💝

Now, you can have the books that introduced Victor Kalinski to the world in one reasonably priced boxed set! With over 350 Goodreads reviews and ratings combined, the romance of Vic Kalinski and Dan Arou is one that once read, will never be forgotten. In this three-book set, you’ll get to experience all the passion, sarcasm, hockey action, and romance that reviewers have called “Beautifully Written”, “Surprisingly Heartfelt”, and “Hot! Hot! Hot!”.

The set incl
DTM
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Victor and Dan’s story was wonderful as is Vicki’s writing. She’s witty and sharp. She digs right in, is unapologetic and makes me feel!! Point Shot Trilogy was so emotional, funny and gut wrenching. Victor, Victor, Victor, how I loved thee and hated thee simultaneously. Vic went from being an unapologetic asshole to an unapologetic mush. I absolutely fell in love with him and Dan!! This book(s) left me with happy tears streaming down my face!
Erica Chilson
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this title to read & review for Wicked Reads

Two Man Advantage: 4 Stars
Game Misconduct: 4 Stars
Full Strength: 3 stars

V.L. Locey is a new-to-me author. I found the writing style easy to read, quick to fall into the story, detailed but not burying the storyline beneath the inane, with lifelike characterization.

_______

Review of Two Man Advantage: To be quite honest, I struggled to connect to Victor when I started the first novella. If it hadn't been for the fact that Cayuga
LBAS Book Blogs
I should start by saying that this is a serial trilogy where the story follows two main characters over the three novellas, rather than a series trilogy where each story has different character pairings.

Victor Kalinski is the lead character and I have to admit that when we first meet him, he is very difficult to like and in a way I have to tell myself to keep reading because even though he admits to being a douche bag, I have no love for such characters.

But the author’s writing style makes it ea
Veronica
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Hockey star Vic has a big mouth with no filter and his team has had enough. In an effort to teach him how to behave, he is sent back to play with their AHL team. Vic is instantly attracted to his new team mate Dan Aroux, so when the two share a room on a road trip they quickly fall into bed together.

These two together are absolute dynamite. We get to see them spend a good amount of time between the sheets throughout all thr
Pati
Hateful MC. So hateful that I DNF'd this quicker than any other book that I've ever read, I think. Fat shaming, misogynistic asshole is not my idea of a good MC in a M/M romance.
Seepurple06
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!

Loved the fowl mouth cranky hockey player, Vic Kolinski. He may have had it bad growing up and never knew how to love or be loved but when he met Dan Arou, he found the love he deserved.
Nancy Hall
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So totally brash and sexy!

This series sweeps you in, keeps you totally involved and waiting to see what happens next and wondered what happens after in their lives.
Sheila
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this trilogy. I was glad I did not have to wait for all the books to be finished before I read it. Victor is a world-class jerk (I'd use something stronger but I'm trying to keep it clean.) He has no filter. Dan is liked by everyone. Eventually he takes the edge off Victor but, like Victor, I wonder what Dan sees in him. Victor does soften up some as Dan's influence settles over him. I like how their personalities come through the story. As Victor begins to open his heart he softens.

I l
Jackie Ziegler
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read the books individually
LeeAnn
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore Vic and Dan. Some of the things that came out of Vics mouth made me laugh out loud several times. The way Dan handles his outbursts and what he says is amazing to read. Some I had never heard of before but enjoy so much I have already started to use them, much to the amusement of my husband.
I didn't read the blurb when I bought this. I knew it was about hockey players and that was all I needed to know, well that and who the author is. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized
Anu
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This box set is made of three books:
Two Man Advantage
Game Misconduct
Full Strength

Victor Kalinski is not a nice guy, he's actively unlikeable at the start of book 1. Then he sets his eyes on Dan Arou and slowly he becomes a little less of an asshole. They fall in love, slowly and reluctantly at first and even when they are an established couple it's less than plain sailing.

This series is told entirely in first person and Vic's POV - it makes for a engaging story as we see his inner thoughts cha
annob
Enter Book Hero. He's not nice. Not polite. Makes no excuses for blurting out exactly what's on his mind. Quick to follow up verbal arguments with his fists. A total douche. A master of assholery. So Hero is not even remotely a likable person. And yet this romance trilogy is awesome! It's a cleverly written journey of a man who's hard-won career achievements are slipping through his fingers because of his abrasive personality. And then he finds a person to care about. And who cares about him. Ti ...more
Angie
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great hot read about men, hockey and love! Vic is a great hockey player with a short temper and deep mistrust of people. Sent down to the minors after an altercation on the ice, the Venomous Pole is just biding his time until he gets called back up. Dan is the Alternate Captain of the Cayagu Cougars and a great guy liked by all his teammates. Vic is suspicious of Dan's happy demeanor but he has to admit that he's good looking. How these two find their way from these begins makes for a ...more
Alexis Woods
This was everything it was hyped up to be. Thanks to Bec over at Bike Book Reviews for the heads up on this amazing 3 book series. I don't think I've laughed so hard over all the banter and bashing. And then, there I was tearing up over the emotional parts.

So, so good.
Jackie Berkel
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars to the power of three

What a great buy. I got to read all at once and didn't sleep first night.
Loved Victor and his sass, who knew Pollacks had sass, to the max.
Theresa
Feb 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
My review on the singles: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Susan
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG. This was the funniest, raunchiest series I have read in a long time. It's a good thing the trilogy was packaged together because I don't know if I would have continued to read after the first book. Vic Kalinski, self-proclaimed "High Duke of Assholery" starts out a misogynistic, selfish, violent asshole, and the author sort of redeems him by the end of book three, but without taking away all of his rough edges. I loved his wisecracks (although I felt guilty about loving them) and the way he ...more
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

This is a single review for the box set of three books that were originally published separately. If you are going to read these books, I STRONGLY recommend you wait til you have all three books in your possession. There are cliffhanger endings to both book one, Two Man Advantage and book two, Game Misconduct. Book three, Full Strength, rounds everything up in a big fat bow.

I'm just gonna throw this at you, and see what
Danielle Dyer
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars it was a fabulous book

Such a romantic unconventional love story I am so impressed I love the characters and the incredible storyline it took something that has been done a thousand times and made it this Romance with a twist I would love to catch up on the other characters in the story I can't give it a higher review I found a new author who tells the story in wonderful Tale and takes you out of the normal day into this incredible world and then I think it could be someone's real life
Emmi
Victor & Dan stole my heart!

Found this book by chance and couldn’t put it down

Swoony and sexy
Funny and heartbreaking
Sports romance and love story
Family and friendship
Emotional and intense

Floved it! So glad there’s another series about the Cayuga Cougars for me to read and even a whole book of more Vic and Dan 😍

“You’ve got to stop doing this to me, Arou,” I whimpered when he left my mouth to place soft pecks on my neck, “You’ve got to stop making me expect sunshine and rainbows when there
namericanwordcat
Wow. This romance was an utter pleasure.

Super hot, emotionally touching, great plot and characters and hockey!

So much goes on this book but it is well paced and each moment gives me more of everything I like in a book.

The chemistry between Victor and Dan is off the hook, as is the banter, the friends and the love.

Vic is pretty damaged but he is also big hearted and so funny. And best of all he works on himself..he heals...he reaches out.

Dan is adorable and so steadfast. This is a wonderful lo
V.L. Locey loves worn jeans, Dr. Who, Torchwood, belly laughs, yoga, reading and writing lusty tales, walking, Greek mythology, the New York Rangers, comic books, and coffee. (Not necessarily in that order.)

She shares her life with her husband, her daughter, one dog, two cats, two Jersey steers, and a flock of assorted domestic fowl.

When not writing lusty tales, she can be found enjoying her day

Point Shot (3 books)
  • Two Man Advantage (Point Shot, #1)
  • Game Misconduct (Point Shot, #2)
  • Full Strength (Point Shot, #3)