Start by marking “Crown of Lies (Truth and Lies Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crown of Lies (Truth and Lies Duet, #1)

Crown of Lies (Truth and Lies Duet #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  7,596 Ratings  ·  1,010 Reviews
THREE YEARS
Since I ran away for the night, danced in New York streets, and almost got killed in an alley by two thieves. Until he showed up and saved me.
THREE DAYS
Since I threw a drink at the man my father expected me to marry, then found myself slammed against a wall with Penn Everett's seductive voice whispering a proposal I couldn't refuse.
THREE HOURS
To fall into h
Published March 1st 2017 by Everafter Romance (first published January 31st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Crown of Lies, please sign up.
Nicki White No this book is not Mob related in anyway
Nicki White Yes Penn is human, at least I didn't read anywhere that showed that he wasn't

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Crown of Lies, book 1 of 2. Erotic suspense with heiress being swept off her feet by mysterious Penn, but what are his motives?

“My heart raced, already out of breath with what I’d agreed to participate in.”

Books in Truth and Lies duet should be read in order:
Book 1: Crown of Lies
Book 2: Throne of Truth

In Crown of Lies (book 1) we meet heiress Elle Charlston, Bell Button who has had her whole life mapped out. It is a heavy legacy to carry, but she has done so with pride and dignity
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦

4.5 Stars!!

'Crown of Lies' was gripping, alluring, mysterious, filled with twists and turns, suspense, intrigue and steam. Needless to say, I couldn’t put it down for one minute. Pepper Winters delivers an enthralling read that will keep you at the edge of your seat the entire time with its captivating story-line and thrilling characters. If you are a fan of this author, you don’t want to miss this fantastically written erotic, suspenseful tale.

“Thieves can become saints. Saints can become thi

Candace
Yet again, Pepper Winters has managed to suck me in! In her trademark style, she slowly and meticulously weaved a story of romance, danger and intrigue. Bit by bit, the reader is given morsels of truth, while many facts and details remain elusive enough to keep readers guessing.

Elle Charlston is the heiress to a retail dynasty. Belle Elle has been in her family for generations and she stands to inherit the department store conglomerate. From a very young age, Elle has been trained to run the bu
Jessica Edwards
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, dark, favourites
I love Pepper Winters soooo much..
Loved this book. Love this author. That is all.
5 well deserved stars!
Hulya Kara Yuksel
He fucked me.
He took me.
He consumed me.

Penn Everett.
Okaaay ladies, first of all please do not forget this name. :)
This man, this smart ass / sexy motherfucker was sooooo HAWT! Ahhhh I don’t know how many times I changed my panties while I was reading this book but I don’t give a damn about that details because it was totally worth it. :D This book literally burned me up like hell! :D IT.WAS.SUPER.HOT!

Ahh what can I say? Penn is one of my book boyfriends now and I wanna know everything ab
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

Thieves can become saints. Saints can become thieves. Most of us deserve a second chance.

Without fail, this woman's writing managed to blow me away once again. Lies wrapped in truth. Truths wrapped in thinly veiled threats. A mysterious draw wrapped in animal magnetism. This book completely owned me. It hypnotized. It enraptured. It was pure literary magic, weaving a story so spellbinding, it was impossible to put down.
I don't know if I'd been the one to seduce him, but he'd utterl
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My review is going to be as spoiler free as I can possibly make it.

CROWN OF LIES: This is going to be as spoiler free as I can possibly make it. It’s spoken in ‘Noelle Charlston' POV and kicks starts us off in the YA genre a twelve year old girls struggle with living the life set out for her, then moves up the stages/ages. She knows her existence in life is to be nothing more than noelle Chariston, the heiress of Belle Elle.

Then it jumps to where we get a glimpse into Elle's true life s
Jennifer Kyle
I think the only reason I'm eager to read the next book is to find out for sure where/who is hoodie guy…

description

Other than that, this was an okay read for me.
Pepper Winters
Jan 31, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

He stole my heart with his lies. He'll destroy it with his truth.

CROWN OF LIES IS LIVE!!

Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2kOF1PE
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2km2BX9
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2jxLygm
Karen Mc

“If you want it, go for it. Take a risk. Don’t always play it safe or you’ll die wondering.”

I love to take risks…traveling to new places, trying new food, attempting new sports, living in different states and a country, and even reading books that push boundaries. The best feeling in the world is to get lost in a book where you’re transplanted, almost if by magic, to a new world. A world where you take flight to a new destination. I lived an adventure through Pepper Winters’ latest penned perfe
Elizabeth
~4.5 Stars~
"Are we playing or shall I walk away?"
description

Crown of Lies is the first book in the Truth and Lies Duet. This suspenseful contemporary romance offers a tale of intrigue that will hold you captive until the very last moment, and when that last moment arrives, you will only be desperate for more.

description
"Hesitantly, fearfully, I stepped into it and prepared to become someone else. Someone free."
Noelle Charlston is the heiress to Belle Elle a New York Department Store Empire. With a loving father
warhawke
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dark suspense lovers
Genre: Dark Erotic Suspense
Type: Book 1 of 2 from Crown of Lies Duet
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Noelle (Elle) Charlston was a New York City heiress. Groomed to take over the empire since she was a young kid, she had no life behind her gilded cage. One rebellious night, she decided to see the world for herself only to end up in a predicament that that still haunted her years later.

Penn Everett came out of nowhere to weasel himself into Elle's life. His allure was irresistible but his life
Alex is The Romance Fox
Some minor spoilers ahead....

I have seen a few books by this author, Pepper Winters reviewed by some of my GR friends and after reading such glowing ones about this book, Crown of Lies which is the 1st in her Truth And Lies Duet, I so wanted to read it..............and I am beyond "stoked"...... happy ........elated that I did!!! IT WAS A WILD RIDE.................
 photo tumblr_inline_n6rhx5n0g31szcktj_zpsazmiwpeg.gif
WOW..........just WOW!!!
 photo tumblr_ly8xvwgHWS1r3toge_zpsymgt4bym.gif
Was I blown away? More than!!
"How can one wrap the truth in lies or is it that this big lie is wrapped
Melanie
Buddy Read with the lovely Gelisvb ♥.

Happy Easter to all my friends and followers! I'm so thankful for each and every one of you, and I hope you all have an amazing day filled with love, laughter, and good books! And what better way to celebrate Easter than with some New Adult Erotic Romance CHICK-Lit?

(I'll see myself out...)

It's been a while since I've read a New Adult book, and I truly forgot how addicting and fast paced they are. And I don't think we should feel guilt for reading anything, b
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
3 I liked Penn Stars

*****May Contain Spoilers*****

I finished this last night planning to write this review this morning. Unfortunately I woke up to HEAT it's like living in an oven in Sydney right now. So bear with me while I try and write this review with no air con.

photo toohot_zpslejy6sql.gif

Unfortunately this book did not get me as hot as the weather.

Elle is resigned to the fact her life is already set in stone by the age of 12 and by 19 her father has handed over the reigns of one of the largest retailers in Americ
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Deceitful Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I truly feel like someone threw me into a Web of lies and I’m having a hard time believing which is reality and what the ever loving f*ck just happened. Am I crazy? Who’s telling the telling the truth? I just don’t know anymore. I love it when an author can make you question things and take you out of your comfort zone for the time being and Pepper certainly did that for me. Was I nervous? Heck yea. Did I drink more than usual? Hmmm… I’m pleading the fifth on that on
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon US * Barnes & Noble

Crown of Lies was not at all what I expected, but I definitely do not mean that in a bad way. I loved this story and how it was able to captivate me from the very first page to last breath-stealing sentence. Penn and Elle had this all-consuming king of connection and I couldn't get enough of them together. Penn was the right mix of Alpha possessive Hero while Elle was the independent yet sheltered Heroine. And together it was an explosion of heated chem
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Crown-Lies-Tru...

5 Brilliant stars <3

Such a brilliant story.It has the perfect amount of suspense ,mystery and the twists were fantastic.Pepper Winters delivers a passionate,erotic,intense and hot romance.

"Whatever existed between has was visceral,indescribable,completely imprisoning ."

description

I was hooked from the beginning in this crazy ride and I couldn't stop reading because I needed to know what is happening and who is Penn!Penn was sexy,mysterious,dark,possess
Lo Bookfrantic
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-br, arc-review-ng
4.5★★★★ stars

Genre: Dark Erotic Suspense
Type: Book 1 of 2 from Crown of Lies Duet
POV: First Person – Female

description

Noelle (Elle) Charlston; since twelve years old learned she had to take responsibility in her father's business. The only thing she had was her father and the family business; she didn't know anything else. She grew up with money and security and no friends. For once she wanted to know what freedom felt like. Young and desperate she ran away for the day on her nineteenth birthday. She foun
Elfina Renee
 photo Wednesday 1.gif
They say, never judge a book by its cover. The same could be said about storylines and plots! I went into Crown of Lies thinking, this is different, tamer, lighter than Pepper Winters normal stuff…...AND...I was wrong!
 photo Into The Light 3.png
The extraordinaire queen of erotic literary darkness struck again and blew my screwed up notions to hell! By the time I’d finished, mind fuckery swam in mental depths and awakened a craving for book two; Throne of Truth.

I’m not ready for it to be over dammit! I want answers! Ug
Zasha
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided to me by author Pepper Winters in exchange for an honest review!!!

So much to say and so little time . i was pretty intrigued right off the bat with how this book plays out. from the beginning i was a bit hesitant because i wasn't used to Pepper using a different writing style for me. But i think overall the story itself pulled me in and it allured me by its dark mysterious tone. The characters play off the tone creating depth to there stories and the setting. Pepper doesn't surprise
CC
4.25 Stars!

description

Noelle “Elle” Charleston is an heiress trained from a young age to take over her family’s business. Always the good girl and only knowing work for during her entire teen years, Elle decides to venture off for one night on her nineteenth birthday, but her life changes when she has a traumatic experience.

“I’m someone you can be free with.”

Penn Everett is a mysterious figure that appears in Elle’s life at a time when she wants to feel like a woman and less like a CEO. Exuding confide
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Crown of Lies is a beautifully rendered and vibrant creation. The craftsmanship is remarkable. It's written like a piece of art. The sentences and paragraphs have been masterfully carved from the mind of a master artisan. I was completely entranced and captivated by every word.

This is my first Pepper Winters read. If each of her books is this well-written and intriguing, I’ve truly been missing out. Don't worry! I plan to rectify this travesty immediately.

In Crown of Lies , things aren’t what
Sana
DNF

I'm probably a few pages in and the guy she just met can be a killer yet she's kissing him and blindly following him around places. They admit to feeling an instant attraction. Its boring me and I just don't want to read anymore of this right now. I'll probably pick this back up some other time when I'm in the mood and pull through it so I'm leaving my rating blank. But for now it's a dnf.
Paige
4 "Do You Trust Me" Stars

What a twisty, turny rollercoaster. I'm not sure my review will make a ton of sense, since I'm honestly still scratching my head at all the possibilities. Pepper Winter knows how to write a steamy, suspenseful story better than just about anyone. I was constantly scratching my head and then in the next breath needing a fan to cool me down. Do I know where the story is going? No, not really. But that makes me super excited for the conclusions of this duet.

Elle has been r
Khadidja

i'm so excited i can't wait!! :D :D
Elle
4* liar liar pants on fire STARS!!

Well, Pepper Winters always be my fave authors for her Dark Romance specialty. It has been a long time since I 'touched' her books (Haven't read Indebted series because the long volume but I will soon or Unseen Messages because it isn't my style). Crown of Lies really has different vibe from her other works and I liked it enough.

description

As the heiress of famous Belle Elle, Noelle "Elle" Charleston's childhood is already filled with works and responsibility. Living with
Jen
Loved this one! My first official five star read of 2017!!!! I should have known it would be by Pepper Winters! She is a brilliant writer and it shows in this book for sure!!!! There are so many questions that keep you guessing through out the story!! I was intrigued the whole way through!

The heat between this couple is through the roof! The scenes between hero and heroine are so scorching hot; I didn't want to blink as I was reading them! Lol!

I am extremely eager for the next book in this duo!
Nashoda Rose
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I rarely read a book so fast, but I got up early just so I could finish it. Loved it!!

Pepper Winters ‘Crown of Lies’ is a compelling story with ingeniously written dialogue and explosive chemistry. Touching. Addictive. Every single word is exquisite.
MindOfAnOpenBook
As of January 31st it's now live my lovelies!!! Welcome to the mysterious and exciting world that is Penn Everett.

4.5/♕♕♕♕♕

*****ARC Generously Provided By Author In Exchange For Review*****

description

“I met the boy I wanted. But then he vanished and a new man claimed me instead. My father approved, my colleagues congratulated, and behind closed doors, I was bedded by a stranger.”

Okay wow. I'm going to keep this review short and sweet because there's just too much goodness going on in this book that I wan
Pepper Winters is a multiple New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today International Bestseller.

After chasing her dreams to become a full-time writer, Pepper has earned recognition with awards for best Dark Romance, best BDSM Series, and best Hero. She’s an multiple #1 iBooks bestseller, along with #1 in Erotic Romance, Romantic Suspense, Contemporary, and Erotica Thriller. With 20 books
More about Pepper Winters

Truth and Lies Duet (2 books)
  • Throne of Truth (Truth and Lies Duet, #2)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“People with lies could never make friends. But people with trust could never make enemies. Both” 3 likes
“​
I don’t think outside the box. I never got in it.”
1 likes