Start by marking “The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 2

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 2

(The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess #2)

Link must defeat evil at every turn in his perilous quest to help Princess Zelda!

Once upon a time, wizards tried to conquer the Sacred Realm of Hyrule. The Spirits of Light sealed the wizards’ power within the Shadow Crystal and banished them to the Twilight Realm beyond the Mirror of Twilight. Now, an evil menace is trying to find Midna, Princess of the Twilight Realm,
Published August 8th 2017 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 28th 2016)

Start your review of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 2
Khurram
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Action packed sequel, all the action that was missing from the first book is in this one. Love the story and the art work. With the expansion of the Twilight realm Link has a new form in a new world with new beings. Now Link must to use his new form and abilities if he has a chance of survival.

The thing I loved of the comic bring the game to life is true in the volume as well. As link upgrades his powers and abilities. Links is also "forced" into a reluctant role of champion/hero. I really hope
Lauryn
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm so excited to read the next volume in this series ...more
Francis
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, this volume was definitely action-packed! Link's story picks up right where The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess left off. Just as it was with Volume 1, Volume 2 is very dark as well. It's amazing how a story can be told using limited words but fantastic pictures. Some of the full-page pictures throughout the book are stunning. However, I didn't realize that the story wasn't over at the end of Volume 2. Now I have to wait for the third volume to come out! Hopefully I can find some time to ...more
Alysa Craigie
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I'm just swinging my sword in desperation... What about any of that makes me a hero?"
Colin King
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Was a great sequel I think that there is a 3rd
Baylie P
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favourite video game has always been Zelda. While Ocarina of Time is the best video game, I’ve always loved the story of Twilight Princess, so I was really excited to find this manga. Volume 1 was a bit slow but the story definitely picked up in this one. I must find the other two volumes! I love how Zelda actually surrendered to Zant in order to save her people; the act of surrendering hardly ever happens in stories, but I always think that’s the most realistic outcome. I do wish the manga ...more
Cherif
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4th quarter 1st choice book:
When I first started reading The Legend of Zelda I for got that the series was a manga. I read it like a regular comic book and so I ended up reading it backwards. After I finished reading it the wrong way I thought that's weird I feel like the end is the beginning. So I asked my cousin why it was weird and she told me I was reading it the wrong way. Anyway my favorite part was probably when Link was a wolf and was in the twilight realm and defeated all of the shadow
Xiomy's Book Tales
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twilight Princess was very entertaining and an interesting read we have more information and Link embarking on a journey. Which is what I like seeing and also his transformation was just too amazing. The only negative thing I can say is that I thought volume 2 was the finale nope it was not. Overall, this is a very enjoyable read and the art work as always is breathtaking.
Sophia
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Also I little slow but really I really like the book
Yvonne
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yvonne Barros
January book plug
January 28, 2019

the book called the legend of Zelda: twilight princess, Vol.2 is a Fantasy book by Akira Himekawa, part two of the series. Vol.2 is about our main character Link who turns into a wolf but doesn't know why, but when he woke up a girl named Midna finds him and brings him to her place thinking that he is just a random wolf to be her companion/transportation until he said something which when she parshaly freaked out she also laughed because he was very
Jessica (aus.fangirl.reads)
Twilight Princess is one of my favourite Legend of Zelda games, so to be able to sit down and read more about the backstory (even if it isn't cannon) is just the greatest thing ever.
The characters are great and the whole story is full of such adventure and excitement that I can't wait to read the next volume and get more of everything.

I now have the strongest urge to play Twilight Princess just so I can play as wolf link again. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!
Fernando Reyes
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
That story shows Link and Midna take on the first dungeon and receiving the Gale Boomerang. That dungeon was not the easiest one to complete on my first try.
Christina
Vanessa
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this isn't actually a review but I got thoughts. I've read every one of the Zelda manga adaptations but this is actually somehow the first one that I played the game before I read it (I guess since the others are so old :| ) and so it's been super neat to see how the condensing and added context works!! especially since i have this game practically memorized since i'm a LOSER

I was most excited for this one because (it's my favourite game but also because) of how much of this game is built on the
Chris Lemmerman
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I've done it again, and blitzed 3 volumes of manga in one day, so I'm reviewing all three in one review here.

Full disclosure, I wasn't really looking forward to reading this. It's been a long time since I a) played Twilight Princess and b) read Zelda manga, so I wasn't expecting much, but this stuff? This stuff is good.

The other volumes of Zelda manga are all heavily truncated, having to squeeze most of the games into one tankobon (bar Ocarina of Time, my second favourite adaptation
Arnela
The art is very nicely done, the story paces fairly well [in that there aren't any jarring jumps between scenes without proper transitions], it's quite interesting. I'm just not too sure about the length of the story. Link learned about the shadow demons being able to possess animals, he learned how to see shadow creatures, and he's managed to get his hands on the boomerang.

We're getting a lot of information concerning the monsters coming out of the Twilight realm and what Link has to do to fix
Bradley
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Without any context I realize that this series is going to be one big generic good vs evil story, but it's still fun. I also have the benefit of having played Twilight Princess. While we all need to play the game (or replay it) this is still a good manga that follows the story in a rough outline of how it's told. There'd be no point if they copied and paste the story of the game without any deviations.

Again, fun times to be had here, a decent load of action and the style is staying pretty
Shannon Rohrer
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love getting to see this world, this story in a way that allows me into Link's head. While a lot could be inferred from playing Twilight Princess and watching the cutscenes, being able to see his dialogue and thoughts really adds another layer of depth. The same can be said of Midna's character; her motivations seemed pretty clear throughout the game, along with her change of heart--but it's so good to see it here, to get a sharper glimpse of the dynamic between her and Link.

And of course,
Lucille
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought the book was good. Good story so far. I really like Link's character and i see it's following the game story (or at least what i've played so far.) The art style is pretty great as well, Akira Himekawa does a good job on this. Now i am waiting to find the 3rd book in my school's library, i think my library made the right choice. Side note-- I am also trying to learn Japanese so it is good practice to start reading Manga since they are the Japanese Graphic novels. 100% would recommend ...more
Arturo
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I must say I liked the first volume more, maybe because it added something new to the story: background, context, a little bit of magic combat and Link's mystical search (I know that was just one page or so but I loved that). This volume, however, follows the story as it was, even taking parts from it (it sums up the first maze which is completely normal but that still makes me not to love it as I did with the previous one).

But 4/5 stars is really good anyway.... Vol 1 was just pure
Adelaide Metzger
Okay. I’ve heard that most manga adaptations are like this where the author and/or artist can dive deeper into characters because the source material didn’t do much to explore further character development.

I really like that about this—especially since this is one of my favorite Zelda games in the franchise. I love how Link actually has a voice and how the author is giving the pigdude antagonist a personality.

An actual conscience and personality! That makes him a real character!

This volume was
Chloe
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This series continues to be engaging and thrilling! Wolf link is beautifully drawn which should be expected with the art of this manga. Midna is a joy to see whenever she is on the page, she's mischievous and is definitely hiding something deep from Link and I am excited to see more of her in later volumes. Story continues to expand and flows nicely with how the game was paced. The couple of bonus content images, while brief were charming. Would have liked to see more though. Such as rough ...more
Amy Noelle
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great sequel! I like that it’s action-packed. It did stray off a bit more from the original story, but hey, if it were the exact same as the game then it wouldn’t be anything new to me.

I do like that Link has his own voice in the manga, as he never really did in the game. However, in some parts of the manga he’s having a bit of imposter syndrome, especially at the end...I didn’t really like how it was left off on that note. But, I’m still invested. On to volume three!
Claire
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twilight princess is my favourite Zelda game. And I just love the manga!
The other Zelda manga's were short and rushed, juicy bits were left out. But not with this one!
There are 4 so far and volume 5 is coming in july. Looking at the game at that point it's about half way through. That means there is a lot left to cover :D
They really thake their time with this one. Characters are fleshed out and developing. The story is well told. It's the best Zelda manga out there. Go read it!
Yichen
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, ya, series, comic, fantasy
I forget if it's in this volume or the previous one that the village kids and Ilia are abducted by the Goblin King. This manga is even darker than the game in some ways (in a Shadow Dies Twice kind of way). The addition of Link's internal conflict over being a beast/man mix is appreciated and adds depth to his development. I have also gained a new appreciation for Roo, the shop-keeper's cat.
Rachel
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Link has to figure out why he has been transformed and how to save the people and animals he cares about. He will have to face monsters and rise from the terrors of the Twilight Realm. As he struggles through his purpose and the darkness claiming the world, he comes to ask the question not many heroes ask.
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My husband is a really big zelda fan and i knew that i had to get this manga and i was happy i did. When i read it i instantly fell in love with wolf link with how adorable he looks. the story is funny yet interesting even if you never played the game before which is a good thing for me because my husband is the zelda player not me but all in all a very wonderful manga.
Ben Nealis
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The art was even better in this volume then the last somehow! I loved what this volume did with Midna. She was already one of my favorite characters in the franchise but this gave her a comical side as well. The overall book was a fantastic read.
Michael Galdamez
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, manga, comics, action, 2018
This was a great continuation to the series! The art was once again fantastic, the story just as gripping, and the characterization was again believable and fascinating.

Looking forward to the next one!
Ethan
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This volume starts to get bogged down in how they’re expanding on the game’s story. Two volumes in, and the first dungeon is only just being done? It makes me question how long the manga is going to run, and how long it really needs to be.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please a librarian to add a series 3 18 Aug 30, 2017 01:58PM

• Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
  • The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts
  • 圕の大魔術師 2 [Toshokan no Daimajutsushi 2] (Magus of the Library, #2)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 2 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, #2)
  • Splatoon, Vol. 1
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii Version) - Prima's Official Strategy Guide
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — Creating a Champion
  • Dr.STONE 9 (Dr. Stone, #9)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 17 [Boku No Hero Academia 17] (My Hero Academia, #17)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 18 [Boku No Hero Academia 18] (My Hero Academia, #18)
  • Magus of the Library, Vol. 1
  • とつくにの少女 5 [Totsukuni no shōjo 5]
  • Nyankees, Vol. 1
  • とつくにの少女 4 [Totsukuni no shōjo 4]
  • Sankarea 1: Undying Love
  • How to Treat Magical Beasts: Mine and Master’s Medical Journal Vol. 1
Akira Himekawa is the collaboration of two women, A. Honda and S. Nagano. Together they have created nine manga adventures featuring Link and the popular video game world of The Legend of Zelda, including Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Seasons and Four Swords. Their most recent work, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, was serialized in Shogaku Rokunensei.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (7 books)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 1