Start by marking “Democracy Squared: A Digital Revolution That's About to Democratise Democracy” as Want to Read:
Democracy Squared: A Digital Revolution That's About to Democratise Democracy

Democracy Squared: A Digital Revolution That's About to Democratise Democracy

Trump, Sanders, Corbyn, Farage, Brexit. 2016 saw ‘democratic’ decisions which shook the world. Contradictory and unexpected decisions. I see it as the sign of an antiquated system in desperate need of an overhaul to bring it into the 21st century.

These disparate decisions are to me indicators of a system which lacks nuance and doesn’t allow us to express ourselves other
Published December 13th 2016 by Flux Publishing

Start your review of Democracy Squared: A Digital Revolution That's About to Democratise Democracy
Enid
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
DISILLUSIONED BY the current state of our DEMOCRACIES ? Many voters around the world seem to be just that;and so are the authors of this book.
There is plenty in it to make the reader question if, and how and why democracy is currently seen to be failing so many of us, to make consider the political elites, their sense of entitlement and their sense that they know better then the voters, their failure to listen.
Written by two Millenials , the book suggests ways of engaging younger voters throug
Emily Milton Smith
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just brilliant! I’ve been raving about this book to colleagues, family and friends – an incredibly accessible and provocative read. The book explores 5 projects that use Internet technology to hack democracy – all about building truly amazing models of participation and empowerment. If you are ever like me pondering the quirks and opportunities of representative democracy, user participation, and digitally engaged governance, you’ll love this book!

It’s a relatively quick read: I worked through
Adam Knight
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jon and I have had many discussions about the state of democracy through the lens of progressive culture, and the impact of the changing technological landscape we are living in. We share a lot of the same views too, so it was with great interest I dived into his first book Democracy Squared.

In short, it's an eye opening, provocative and enriching read. It's written in a style and prose that allow the layperson to get their head around the subject, yet doesn't feel dumbed down at all.

It manage
Mitchell Travers
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read! Growing up with the internet has produced a fascinating life for my generation, and we are only just beginning to see the results. Our democratic system needs to catch up.

Democracy Squared provides insights on the past, speaks to the protagonists involved and empowers a roadmap for how we are trying to and inevitably will upgrade democracy to the digital era. This book has been an inspiration for me to dive into this process and fueled my passion to build a more effective
Martin Gordon
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read for anyone who is interested in how democracy works or doesn't and how we can move our governance into the 21st century using the digital tools available to create a more democratic system of democracy. All 18 year olds should read this so they can feel that democracy is relevant to their lives and they can shape their own world. ...more
Athanasios Mandaltsis
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Democracy squared is a great comprehensive read that anyone can pick up without any prior knowledge about underlying technology.

It starts by simply explaining the principles of blockchain and through case studies focuses on the benefits it can have in an attempt to truly democratise democracy.

It is a great place to start if you want to learn more about this new tech and get inspired with its ability to transform the world we live in.
Dwight
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring - gave me real hope for our future. Well written, witty, serious and fun (tough to pull off), quick. Read it, mes amis!!
Stefan Hull
Stan  Mcleod
Feb 09, 2021
Rob
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read. Anyone interested in politics and political engagement should read this, however those in charge of Governments should be FORCED to read it. The future is coming......I hope!
Sara Noronha Ramos
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Democracy Squared provides a very insightful look into the present, and future of democracy. It helps us understand the changes that technology has facilitated in our societies, and how democracy is yet to follow that progress. It also provides inspiring examples of how the world would look like if we made decisions in a different way. Lastly, the author has chosen to write in a conversational tone, which makes reading the book similar to having a conversation with him and all the change-makers ...more
Eduardo Medina
Nov 12, 2017
Charlotte
Dec 04, 2017
Jon Barnes
Dec 18, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Mitch Hell
Jan 08, 2018

• The Elements of Data Analytic Style
  • The Making of a Manager: What to Do When Everyone Looks to You
  • Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead
  • Measuring Marketing: 103 Key Metrics Every Marketer Needs
  • Marketing in the Era of Accountability: Identifying the Marketing Practices and Metrics That Truly Increase Profitability
  • How not to Plan: 66 ways to screw it up
  • Eat Your Greens
  • The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail—But Some Don't
  • Enterprise Artificial Intelligence Transformation
  • The Long and the Short of it: Balancing Short and Long-Term Marketing Strategies
  • Eating the Big Fish: How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders
  • El asco: Thomas Bernhard en San Salvador
  • Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul
  • Be the Worst You Can Be: Life's Too Long for Patience and Virtue
  • The Win Without Pitching Manifesto
  • The Thursday Murder Club (Thursday Murder Club, #1)
  • FLATPACK DEMOCRACY 2.0: POWER TOOLS FOR RECLAIMING LOCAL POLITICS
  • Tuk-Tuk for Two

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...