Start by marking “The Essential Laws of Fearless Living: Find the Power to Never Feel Powerless Again” as Want to Read:

The Essential Laws of Fearless Living is a stepbystep manual for all who aspire to realize their ultimate potential as a human being. In its seven chapters of forty concise essays, Finley explores deeply personal and meaningful ideas, revealing the secrets of the universe itself/ but he does so in a way that makes the journey fascinating, compelling, and comforting at the ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Weiser Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Essential Laws of Fearless Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Essential Laws of Fearless Living

Start your review of The Essential Laws of Fearless Living: Find the Power to Never Feel Powerless Again
Mycala
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've been reading a lot of books on positive mindset lately. A lot of those books have titles with the word "depression" somewhere in them -- avoiding it, getting out of it, whatever. This book puts a more positive spin with its uplifting title, while still doling out some of the same ideas. Except that I never made it the whole way through any of the "depression" titles but I read through this one, making frequent notes and scribbling quotes and adding reminders to my calendar to ponder certain ...more
Nov 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was my second book by Guy Finley, and at first I was disappointed; it is a collection of his stuff from books and audio, and "attitude determines altitude" in the early pages hit me as trite and worn out.

Given that we are all at different places on the self-help continuum, one never knows what may strike a chord. Midway through the book I hit a gem that was worth the whole book(pg 69-71).

"Want what life wants." (rather than what you want). When you want what life wants:
- You are never
Jean
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this a few years ago and liked it. Wanted to start it again.
LemontreeLime
Sep 30, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-agey
This is apparently a 'greatest hits' synopsis of other writings by this author. I think i can sum up the general gist in one line, however. "Become a Bodhisattva, and everything will be fine." Apparently if you can cast off all those human traits of irritation, guilt, envy, and the rest of what makes us miserable, and focus on just being happy, well then, you're going to be happy!! Imagine that. Maybe he's capable of this,(and if so, good for him,) and maybe other readers enjoy his track on the ...more
Kathy
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: haveread
I am totally loving these books by Guy Finley. They are speaking to me and each page brings important lessons from which I can relate and grow. I have never been more serious about re-reading and re-reading a series of books! I can't decide between reading the next one or going back and re-reading a previous one. Wow -I don't know how I stumbled upon this author, but am glad I did. Nothing like learning at the age of 59 things I wish I had known at age 19!

PS I was reading this book while on the
Stephen Hyde
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads
This was the first book to the beginning of my awakening, THE knowledge in this book has the power to bring peace to the entire world!Guy Finley
Peter
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An important treatise on the development of the self and one's power.
Chaz
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hard to follow. I felt it was written very choppy. I didn't even finish the rest of the book, got a quarter of the way through and decided to move on to a better book.
Elizabeth
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really well done and I loved the advice! The only thing that I wasn't as much a fan of in this book is that it can be a bit hard to follow at times. I do not recommend skimming through this book, you will need to take your time with it. However, with that being said, it's extremely well written. Just focus on it. I loved the information with it and believe that it is a good way to work on anxiety issues. Four stars.
Mike
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be an excellent teacher. It served to review some principles already in action in my life.
I found the analogies to some children's classics a very effective writing style. A simple direct way to communicate.
In the first part of the book I had to re-read some bits that, to me, seemed slightly wordy. However the task was rewarded with the learning gained.

I will mark this as a to "re-read".
Gregory
Jul 17, 2008 rated it liked it
This book is a little bit lame. It has it's touching moments, but the author notedly tries to broaden the appeal to too large an audience (Christians, New-age, buddhists) and it really causes it to resonate poorly with me. I suppose I really don't like the author's prose although lots of the ideas are engaging for me (hence the 3 stars).
Leslie
This is a "best of" some of Guy Finley's books. I enjoyed it but enjoyed "Let go and Live in the Now" and "Secret of Letting Go" more since he goes into more depth rather than jumping from topic to topic.
Jerry Williams
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of the most powerful books that I have come across in the last few years, it's not just some "feel" good book filled with meaningless metaphors, everything that the book says is very prolific and spills over with practical positivity.
Carol Pillsbury
Jun 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Interesting. Could read twice to grasp everything
Karin Grice
Jon
rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2009
Barbara
rated it did not like it
Jun 12, 2012

• More Beautiful Than Before: How Suffering Transforms Us
  • Adversity Quotient: Turning Obstacles Into Opportunities
  • The Introvert's Way: Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World
  • The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose
  • Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
  • What Darkness Brings (Sebastian St. Cyr, #8)
  • Unquiet Spirits: Whisky, Ghosts, Murder (Sherlock Holmes Adventures #2)
  • Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life
  • Rising Above a Toxic Workplace: Taking Care of Yourself in an Unhealthy Environment
  • Anatomy of Autism: A Pocket Guide for Educators, Parents, and Students
  • The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You
  • How to Stop Feeling Like Sh*t: 14 Habits that Are Holding You Back from Happiness
BEST-SELLING "LETTING GO" author Guy Finley's encouraging and accessible message is one of the true bright lights in our world today. His ideas go straight to the heart of our most important personal and social issues -- relationships, success, addiction, stress, peace, happiness, freedom -- and lead the way to a higher life.

Finley is the acclaimed author of The Secret of Letting Go, The Essential