Start by marking “No More Pacifier for Piggy!” as Want to Read:
No More Pacifier for Piggy!

No More Pacifier for Piggy!

3.08  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Ducky has given up diapers, Bunny has put aside bottles, and now it’s Piggy’s turn to grow up!
Ducky has a great new game that he’d like to share with his friend: peekaboo! Piggy wants to play too, but every time he tries to smile or call out “I see you!” his pacifier gets in the way. Will Piggy forget about his pacifier…or forget about having fun?
Once again, Bernette Ford
Published April 1st 2008 by Boxer Books (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about No More Pacifier for Piggy!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No More Pacifier for Piggy!

Russell
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
While the text is simplistic, the illustrations and flow convey a lovely story. A story with an important message about personal growth, inspiring the reader to learn to live life without their personal crutches. We could all use a friend who challenges us like Ducky, instead of an enabler.
Shel
Jul 24, 2009 added it
Ford, B., & Williams, S. (2008). No More Pacifier for Piggy! new York: Boxer Books.

1905417896

Pacifier loving Piggy and Ducky decide to play a game of peek-a-boo, but Piggy's pacifier gets in the way of him speaking, laughing and having fun. While playing together, Piggy realizes that he doesn't need his pacifier.

The illustrations are fun, with Ducky and Piggy having the proportions of toddlers. (They even drink from piggy and ducky cops).

Activities to Do with the Book:

This story can be used
Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee

Yes, another book in my Binky research. Like many of the others this one isn't newly published, but it's still available.

The approach this book takes is the 'pacifier is getting in the way of my fun' approach. Piggie has a binky he loves, but too often these days it is getting in the way if his play with Ducky.

Things come to a head when (view spoiler)
Robert Beveridge
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished, cle-pub-lib
Bernette Ford, No More Pacifier for Piggy! (Boxer Books, 2012)

We got this and another book in the series (No More Biting for Billy Goat!) out of the library and put them into rotation at story time. I wasn't convinced at first they were going to last the entire tenure (our library allows three-week book checkouts), but we're into week three and both the bean and I have warmed to the characters somewhat, though the writing still feels a little more expository than it feels like it should be (“Pig
Liz
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't know why this one has such a low rating. I got this book for the nephew during a phase when he was growing more attached to his pacifier and my sister was simultaneously trying to wean him off it. The story seemed to bring him awareness of the fact that using a pacifier was a personal choice! He liked the book, giggled along with the story, and would sometimes take out his pacifier to give it to me when Piggy drops his. A few months later, he had weaned off the pacifier completely. I don ...more
Samantha
Piggy and his friend Ducky spend the day playing, but for the first part of the day Piggy's pacifier seems to get in the way. When he drops it on the ground and finds he doesn't have anymore backups, Piggy becomes upset. Ducky to the rescue! The friends play all day and have so much fun that Piggy forgets all about his pacifier.

The story was just eh for me because I didn't buy that Piggy (or a child) would just forget about their beloved pacifier with a day of distracted play.

The watercolor art
Jenne
Sep 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-for-baby
This is a cute little board book which tries to help kids get over the need for a pacifier. My daughter never took to a pacifier so we just read the book because it was new and on hand.

The drawings are very vivid and colourful, the words are usefully repetitive and what kid doesn't love peek-a-boo? My daughter stayed interested all the way through, which is a feat for this 9 month old!
Janet
Jun 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Moms of overgrown binky users
An adorable little Piggy can't seem to give up his "binky" and it's starting to interfere with his play time with his friends. He soon discovers that it's okay to leave the binky behind. A good lesson for all! lol.
A cute story with cute illustrations. Perfect for Moms who can't seem to get their toddler to give up the pacifier. Of course the book alone won't help but it might be a start.
Adrienne
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Illustrations are adorable; I like Piggy and Ducky! I thought the story was cute, too--and I'm pretty sure we'll be reading this again when my kids get old enough that they need to ditch the pacifiers.
Ratforcekids
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, animals
This is a great book dealing with the ever difficult "letting go" of the beloved pacifier. This is an age-appropriate book with a great lesson in which Piggy has to choose between playing new games with a friend, or his pacifier. Also in this series, No More Diapers for Ducky.
Jen
Jul 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Great big illustrations make this a cute book for kids. Not sure about the message...is getting rid of a pacifier that big of a deal? Hmm. But the pictures are awesome and I want to cuddle the ducky.
Stargazer
May 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-under-12s
very cute book for pre=schoolers
Jessica Howard
Mar 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
I have no idea why Eleanor insisted on checking out this dull book from the library...
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is a good book to explain some good reasons to stop sucking on a pacifier. My son enjoyed it. I thought it was okay. The illustrations were cute.
Amanda
Aug 01, 2017
Elif Myzyri
Mar 17, 2017
Shelli
rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2008
Apr 21, 2013
Anne
Mar 23, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
Bernette Ford is the author of the forthcoming First Snow, and co-author of Bright Eyes, Brown Skin. Sam Williams has illustrated numerous picture books for children, including Cold Little Duck, Duck, Duck by Lisa Westberg-Peters and Little Red by Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York.
More about Bernette G. Ford...