Start by marking “Baby Maker (It Takes Two, #1)” as Want to Read:
Baby Maker (It Takes Two, #1)

Baby Maker

(It Takes Two #1)

Stella Donovan’s biological clock is a ticking time bomb.

The successful financial manager has spent her adult life building a career and neglecting her personal life. Problem is, she doesn’t believe in marriage. Not after watching her mother be treated like garbage by her father. Nope, marriage is not for her. All she wants is a baby. All she needs is a man to agree to her
308 pages
Published February 20th 2018 by P. Dangelico (first published February 17th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Maker, please sign up.

Start your review of Baby Maker (It Takes Two, #1)
A.
3.75 Stars

This was super fun. I like this author’s style. Her characters are always likable and relatable.

It would be even better without the clichés and repetitions. I don’t need to be reminded repeatedly about the hero’s beauty, the size of his hands, his ever-present bulge or his brother's beauty and talent.

I'd expected it to be a slow burn romance but it didn't feel like slow burn. The hero fell too quickly for my taste. He just didn't realize he'd fallen in love. I like it more when the ch
Jen
4 Baby Making Stars

I’m not a lucky girl. I’m not the heroine in any epic romance novel. I’m the practical one–– the one that knows Jane Austen died a spinster and clings to that reality as the reason not to believe in romance.

Stella Donovan has always known she wanted to be a mother. A wife? Not so much. After watching her own mother spend years waiting for her husband to man up and take responsibility for his family, Stella has worked hard to make sure she never needs a man for anything aga
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This was my first read from P. Dangelico and it was a winner. While I’ve enjoyed this trope before, I haven’t come across a character quite like Dane Wylder. I couldn’t get enough of him. As a retired NFL tight end, he debunked a lot of stereotypes I’ve held regarding ‘jocks’. He was funny… no, hilarious… and he absolutely made this story. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Stella. She drove me up the wall with her attitude and behavior, however, she grew on me. By the time I got to the end, I was swoo ...more
Ira
This is utterly a wonderful romance!! ❤️❤️❤️
Move over Ms. Zapata, I found my new favorite author of slow burn romance 😊

Ms. Dangelico might be write a slow burn romance, but I can feel the romance early on and I don’t need to wait until the last chapter to see them become a wonderful couple!

description

Totally loves this one, there were humours in it but those plenty lol moments didn’t overwhelm the seriousness of the story. I always wanted a heroine like Stella in my romance book, intelligent, strong, loyal
Kiki
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: P. Dangelico Fans, Romance
4.5 Men Want Them Too Stars
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free- It's Live!!!
It is a common thread... and realistic one of Women's Biological Clock ticking Away. Women have all the working parts but unfortunately... if we wait too long... we may not be able to bear a child. Now men don't have that physical problem...at least it doesn't seem as limiting... those little sperm are able to make things happen...as long as they are able to get next to their target.

But Men's desire to have children of their own ha
Carol
4.5 stars.
Sweet and funny slow-burn romance. 3rd book that I have read I by this author and I LOVED it.
Looking at this title and book cover you might expect a silly, slightly superficial or possibly smutty read but this is really not the case here.

Stella Donovan is a successful financial manager who loathes the idea of marriage but doesn't want to wait any longer to have a baby. Even though she doesn't want a husband she still wants her child to have a father present in their life.
When she dis

Cheating: none
HEA: yes with babies
Triggers: none

Average score: 5/5

Best Line: so many to choose from…
“Needless to say, there are only a handful of things I despise more than people interrupting me while I’m reading.”

Worst Line (but still funny): this literally made me do a face palm…
“Hell no. I like seasonin’ on my white meat.”

Personal Review:
A great slo
~♡AB♡~
Can I just say, I LOVE THIS AUTHOR!

One of my new favourites <3

Slow burn romance, characters with depth, humour, banter & sexy times. Highly recommend :)
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
3,5 -4 STARS

This is my first book from this author and for sure not the last!I have already bought some of her books to try and see how it goes!The title was one of the main reasons I wanted to read this book!Baby Maker was a fun,sweet and sexy read!

It has a great premise and I like the relationship between Stella and Dane!I love the romance it was slow burn and sweet with a lot of tension between them!Dane is sexy,sweet and funny!He has a great humour and I like the dialogues between him and
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
4.5 Stars!

This was a sexy, funny, feel good romance and so much fun to read!

Stella and Dane for their own different reasons want to have a baby. The problem is that neither of them believe in marriage and don't want the hassle of being in a romantic relationship. So they enter into a contract to have a child through IVF and agree to raise the child together through a legal agreement.

As these two get to know each other the sparks start to fly! I loved that this was not an insta-love. Their relati
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, single-parent
4 Baby Making Stars

This is my first P. Dangelico book and it won’t be the last! If you are looking for a sugary sweet slightly angsty read then Baby Maker is for you.

The title explains it all and this is totally my jam.

It’s 2018 and who says you need to get marry to have a baby? Why not co-parent with a stranger? A stranger that wants what you want …. A baby.

I really like the premise of the book and it was fun reading Stella and Dane’s dynamics. Stella is a strong and independent woman. She d
Hollis
Despite having Dangelico's WRECKING BALL on my kindle (shame shame..) this is actually my first read by the author. I was already excited to read her from the recommendations of trusted buddies and though this wasn't a total winner for me, my excitement for her Hard to Love series has not diminished.

"How are you having a baby with no husband?"
"It's 2018. I need sperm, not a husband."

BABY MAKER is a story about two marriage-averse individuals, on total opposite ends of the personality spectrum, w
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for review

Loved it. Great chemistry, but it was a slow burn. There was no insta-anything, except maybe insta-dislike. The secondary characters were just as great. Beautiful epilogue that was my favorite kind.
Rê

4 “Have a baby with me” Stars

ARC via NetGalley

Thank you!!!

After reading three books by P. Dangelico, I can absolutely say I'm a fan and I need more.

description

Baby Maker brings the same SLOOOOW burn, awesome main characters and sizzling chemistry that made me fall in love with her other books, so it's no surprise I read this in one day and loved it.

One thing I can always count on when it comes to P. Dangelico's romances are strong female characters. All her MC's are independent women who face their problem
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received via netgalley in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont. Romance
Series : - 1st in this series but it does have crossover characters from the Hard to Love series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? -Yes
Malene
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Baby Maker is a sweet slow burn romance about Stella and Dane who strikes up an unconventional deal to have a baby. They have one thing in common. No marriage. Apart from that they’re very good at bantering especially Stella who’s not impressed with Dane. He comes off as a pompous jerk and her as closed off. They do eventually start to have feelings for one another but the road towards it was long. I struggled a bit with both Stella and Dane since their chemistry was lacking and I didn’t find th ...more
« Court (Take the Read) »
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, arc

First person, Dual-POV, HAE. Standalone
Release date: Feb 20, 2018

If anything else is a testament to how much I enjoyed reading this, the proof is in the hour. It's after 2 am, and I couldn't give less of a shit. Red-eyed and delirious, I'm still so pleased with this. I liked this start to finish. Endearing characters, love against the odds, mutual respect and a butt-ton of angst (just how I like it).

After reading Wrecking Ball and Sledgehammer, P. Dangelico has quickly become an author I look o
Snow

Dane Wylder and Stella Donovan , couldn't be more different in personality and posture and yet, they have the same background in emotional hurt., they felt it from the early age and growing up knowing those scars leaves them incomplete on some level. They both experienced one parent leaving thus making them now, reluctant to love or marry BUT what they both want is a baby

For Stella, it's simply time, she doesn't need a husband to have a child, but the sperm donor still feels to clinical a
Francoise
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always have a great time reading Paola Dangelico. I find her combination of flawless writing, subtle humor, endearing characters and sexy chemistry absolutely irresistible.

She gives us Stella, a tough as nails business woman, feisty and stubborn. I loved her heart, strength and persistence, she is a brilliant financial geek, badass in her own way. She has built a successful career, but her biological clock is ticking increasingly loudly. She decides to have a baby as soon as she finds a suita
Lučka

This was a fun, cute and sweet read. Ms. Dangelico is rapidly growing on me.
Shayna
What a damn good romance this was! So sweet. So sexy. So entertaining. I don’t remember taking my eyes off of the pages even for a second. BABY MAKER will charm the pants off of every romance reader that comes in contact! I guarantee it!

“Marry me?”
“No.”
“Glad we got that out of the way. Hand me the remote.”

P. Dangelico is a brand-spankin’ new-to-me author and I couldn’t have been more pleased with the introduction into her world! Stella and Dane’s slow-burn romance brought so much laughter a
Annika
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

Oh, no! A P. Dangelico book I didn't love? What's wrong with me?
Good news: I didn't dislike it either.

While overall, I did enjoy this story and it definitely had its swoonworthy moments, I had a hard time connecting with the characters, Stella in particular, and feeling the connection between them.
Still, this was a sweet and entertaining slow-burn, full of love and your typical Dangelico banter between the protagonists.

ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Bookphenomena (Micky)

I’m a huge fan of some of P Dangelico’s previous books, namely Wrecking Ball and so any book by her piques my interest. I’ve always liked convenience relationships that evolve into more, so as the title suggests, there’s a baby to be made.

“You realise we have an appointment with the doctor, right?
“Yes, ma’am. We’re making baby soup today.”

The heroine, Stella is on a mission. Finding the baby daddy is hard work. Dane the chosen one, is not hard to look at, however.

“There’s so much razz
Michelle
I'd have Dane's baby !!!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I really enjoyed this book. It that first time I 've read anything from this author and it won't be the last. The story was great I luvd Stella and Dane. They are both totally different character but they make the perfect baby makers. Stella is a great character really like her. Where Stella was a lil prim and proper Dane was more fun loving and was easy goin. There relationship wasn't easy but they wanted the same thing and that was to have a baby. It was great to se
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
It all started with a babymaking contract between two people 100% committed to staying single. Stella and Dane, as different as night and day and sharing one crucial opinion. They don’t believe in marriage but do want a child. When a mutual friend introduces them, Stella and Dane don’t exactly hit it off. Being complete opposites at first worked against them. Stella was too uptight and structured and Dane was too loud and spur of the moment.

But that’s actually want seals the deal for them. Ther
maggieandteddy
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Here's my review:
This is my 3rd book by Ms Dangelico.

I really enjoyed Wrecking Ball & Sledgehammer and was so excited to get this one.

Some of the characters from those 2 books are in this book- small amount of time but very important roles.

Ethan from Sledgehammer introduces Stella and Dane. They are both single, in their 30s and do NOT want to get married. They each had decided to have a child. They are both looking for a no attachment Baby Mama/Baby Daddy.

Yeah, right.

This could have been re
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars

Ms. Dangelico writes the kind of contemporary romance I enjoy. This book was a good story of two people in the ‘anti-marriage’ camp figuring out that love is possible. I enjoyed Dane’s goofy character and was glad that the author didn’t make him do anything bad, except put his foot in his mouth a million times. Stella could have used a bit more development as a character but she was ok. It was neat to see her mom again, who we met in the book about Camelia and Cal (Wrecking Ball)

So
Alla
Don't let the title name keep you away from this one. It's been sitting on my Kindle for a while, but the title kind of put me off reading it for some reason (not a fan of it).
I can say for sure that it was way better than that title name hinted towards and that name doesn´t do the book justice.
It was sweet and light, had a bit of humor and low on drama (thank God!).
Another good book by P. Dangelico.
Amy | Foxy Blogs
THREE AND HALF STARS

The beginning threw me because I was listening to the audiobook and the male narrator didn't match what I had expected for the character. The character is in his mid 30's but sounded like a guy in his 50's. I'm not sure I ever really came to terms with the character being in his 30's but sounding way older. Narrators not matching the characters they portray can end up being one of the corks of listening to an audiobook.

Overall an entertaining book. The author has a new book

• Hands Down
  • Dear Enemy
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Wait for It
  • The Rivals
  • Hard Pass (Trophy Boyfriends, #1)
  • To Hate Adam Connor
  • The Hardest Fall
  • To Love Jason Thorn
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Arrogant Devil
  • The Player Next Door
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Melt for You (Slow Burn, #2)
"If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it.” ― Elmore Leonard

Visit my website:

Get to know me at my Facebook Page:

Join my Facebook reading Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PDang...

Visit my Instagram account:

Get free goodies and sale alerts by joining my Mailing List: https://www.pdangelico.com/

It Takes Two (5 books)
  • Tiebreaker (It Takes Two, #2)
  • Risk Taker (It Takes Two, #3)
  • Game Changer (It Takes Two, #4)
  • Rule Breaker (It Takes Two, #5)

Related Articles

“I will always keep you safe. Even on the days you hate me and wish you never met me…I’ll be here.” 0 likes
“I’m taking a shower,” he announces, not sparing me a glance as he moves past me and into the bathroom.

This is way above my pay grade. I don’t possess the necessary training to make sense of this behavior.

Twenty minutes later, I’m tucked into the cozy bed, reading glasses on, Delia’s latest manuscript on Dane’s iPad when he steps out of the bathroom.

Aaaand I instantly turn into Joan of Arc, burned at the stake. Except the heat doesn’t start at my feet. Noooo. It starts between my legs and spreads forth. By the time it reaches my face, there’s a veil of sweat above my lips. Not attractive.

A wall of finely sculpted flesh walks further into the room with only a scrap of towel to hide the extra good parts. There’s so much razzle dazzle to take in my mind locks onto one area. His abdominal muscles.

Mother of gee oh dee, what kind of torture must one endure to get those? So cut they don’t even look real. Mentally, I’m poking them with my index finger to see if they poke back.

Until something intrudes in the periphery of my vision. South of these spectacular ab muscles, the towel wrapped around his waist starts to rise. That’s when I hear a snapping of fingers. A large hand immediately comes into view and more snapping of fingers.

“Eyes up, Shorty. Or you’ll get more of a show than you bargained for.”

My gaze makes a swift trip back up to his face. His mouth is twisted in a grimace and his eyebrow arched.

He’s not happy I was looking…whatever. “Don’t look so scared. I pinky promise not to molest you.”

His eyes widen while his lips thin. “You know what, it’s still early. I’m gonna get a workout in. I’ll be back later.”

A workout? At 9 p.m.?

He doesn’t even wait for me to respond. He grabs his clothes in a hurry, and a moment later he’s gone. I know I don’t have a ton of experience with men but this can’t be normal behavior. This has got to be far from normal behavior.”
0 likes