Start by marking “The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up: A Magical Story” as Want to Read:

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  9,950 ratings  ·  1,035 reviews
From the #1 New York Times best-selling author and lifestyle/cleaning guru Marie Kondo, this graphic novelization brings Kondo's life-changing tidying method to life with the fun, quirky story of a woman who transforms her home, work, and love life using Kondo's advice and inspiration.

Marie Kondo presents the fictional story of Chiaki, a young woman in Tokyo who struggles
Published July 4th 2017 by Ten Speed Press (first published February 13th 2017)

·  9,950 ratings  ·  1,035 reviews

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This book was sooooooooooooo cute =)

And I did actually learn some tidbits of information about getting rid of stuff. I have been getting rid of stuff for some time now but it never seems to make a difference. And I have recently started getting rid of books I'm not going to read again so it's making more room!

Chiaki is the girl in this book and boy is she a hoarder! But I thought Chiaki and Marie had a good time tidying up and setting priorities. I actually have a few more things I want to add
j e w e l s
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The KonMari Method of household organization has been bantered about amongst my friends for the last year, but I had not read the book until now. This graphic novel is a super cute, appealing way of presenting the valuable information to all ages. I read it fast, went back to reread sections and I love the illustrations. I have never even looked at a graphic novel before, and I was pleasantly surprised by how fun this one is. The techniques make sense immediately since it is all visual. I loved ...more
Cyndi
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read KonMari’s book, The Magic of Tidying and it was excellent! This one added more info and was even more helpful. The visual in the manga art was very useful.
Gotta admit, though that I skipped the tidying of books a bit. Clothes? No prob. Movies? Yep. Music? Pshaw! But, books? ✨Joy! ✨Joy! ✨Joy! Oh well. 🤷🏼♀
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so adorable!

It was a perfect little summary of Konmari.
The Manga is about Chiaki, a Sales rep with a messy home. Marie Kondo helps her to tidy up her home and her life.
The illustrations were absolutely fitting for every moment and so so cute!

I loved this book so much. Definitely a recommendation!

Rose
Quick review for a quick read. I could say that my initial reaction upon finishing this book was "ERMAHGARD, THIS IS SO CUTE AND INFORMATIVE AND I CAN'T DEAL, AND KONMARI REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE A FAIRY! GAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

But then that really would only scratch the surface of the amount of joy that I received from this book. It's a cute story that takes many of the principles from Marie Kondo's "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" and puts it in a story-based manga format. The illustrations in i
Anki
So, I have somewhat mixed feelings about this book. First, the positives: this is a sweet story that provides an accessible example of what the KonMari method is and how to apply it in your life. There isn't really any new information here per se, but presenting the information in a story format helps readers see how the KonMari method works. Having examples like this can be incredibly useful, and like I said, the story is cute.

That said, I cannot understand why the publisher decided to flip thi
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
Esta es una adaptación manga del libro sobre el orden de Marie Kondo. Esta mujer es una gurú que promete que tu vida mejorará si ordenas tu casa según su método. ¿Que por qué leí esto? Bueno, por trabajo. Pero en realidad (y sorpresivamente) me gustó. El formato de manga me atrapó de inmediato porque las claves y tips de Marie Kondo no estaban expuestas de un modo académico, sino involucradas en la vida de los protagonistas de esta historia (a la que le faltó un beso al final, pero oh, well...). ...more
Renégade ♥
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This was a cute, fun read.

It piqued my curiosity, held my interest, and didn't take long to finish.

Ms. Kondo put forth some interesting ideas and helpful suggestions re: tidying up.

And, yes, she totally goes there regarding all the books I... I mean, Chiaki has.

*ahem*

Which are still some of the hardest things in the world for me to let go of...

(view spoiler)

Shocking, I know.
Kristina Horner
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I loved this! It embodied everything I love about Marie Kondo and really did walk readers through her entire method, but in a way that had all the heart of a Japanese manga. Definitely keeping this one on my shelf to remind me that even on my messiest days, I'm no Chiaki-at-the-start-of-this-book. :P
Jen
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Liked it, but give up my books?!? Actually, I think I’m doing ok with getting rid of things, but maybe I will look over my stuff and consider the “joy” the things give me. Worthwhile, quick read. I liked the folding lesson. That will help re: space for clothes. 3.5 stars, rounded up because it had given me some new ideas. Recommended if you are trying to downsize.
Hana Bilqisthi
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Seru dan relatable..semoga bisa beberes kamar juga. Makasih google books untuk diskon 75%nya 😊
Em*bedded-in-books*
Always been a packrat .
Recently have been finding junk whereever I turn in my considerably spacious home .
So decided to clean up.
Had heard about KonMari , but was very skeptical, and was also angry at her about her view on books , which is almost blasphemous for an ardent book collector like me.
But this book opened my eyes. I have not ( and may never) reach the stage of discarding my books , but today have already disposed of 4 sackfuls of unnecessary material .
Milliebot
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok

This review and others posted over at my blog.

I don’t normally read these type of lifestyle books and a manga edition was probably the only way I was ever going to pick up this book.

It’s a cute comic (fyi: it’s not set up in traditional manga style, you read this from front to back and left to right, or it won’t make much sense lol) and I enjoyed the art style. Marie organizes the book by category of items – the way she believes you should be organizing your own items, rather than roo
Amanda
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
When I heard there was a manga version of this book, I was very intrigued. It was a cute refresher on tidying and makes me want to do another round. I’m still keeping all my unread books though. :P
Mehsi
It is time to tidy up your life! Well, if you are such a terrible case as Chiaki is. :P

I already knew about the normal book, and I even tried it, but it just wasn't for me. So when I saw there was a manga for the book, I was curious, but also hesitant. I read a sample online and well, I couldn't resist. The art was fun, the story seemed interesting, and I wanted to know if garbage-dump-living Chiaki could change her way.

Chiaki is really terrible in cleaning/tidying up. I mean, I get that you get
Nadja
The Netflix series inspired me of course to read this manga and I enjoyed it very much. The picture medium works very well to get a good insight into the KonMari Method and the story of Chiaki and her life is a nice side bonus.
Christine Hug
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow esto ha ido rápido hahaha

Hace dos o tres años me leí el libro y hace poco me compré la versión manga porqué quería “repasar” el método para nuevos vídeos y una súper organización que quiero hacer en mi piso.

Es demasiado cuqui, esta mujer me encanta. Os recomiendo también la serie de Netflix, está genial.

El manga te explica el método con un “caso práctico”, el de Chiaki, quien consigue cambiar su vida descartando y ordenando.

Me ha encantado, muy rápido de leer (¿Qué me ha durado? ¿Media ho
Ilinalta
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a hoarder and someone who stores things never to be seen again, a lot of these lessons and the things the main character was going through related to me. As I read through the book I would groan and say "ahhh, I have the same issue too,"

It's definitely a book I would recommend to people since we all seem to have issues with materials and simple tidying up. The idea of spark joy is one I'll keep in mind as I go about my daily life now.

Shanley
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have an annual tradition of reading "the life changing magic of tidying up" (yeah i'm crazy), but this manga was a nice substitute this year to give me the organizing pick-me-up that I needed. I don't know what it is about KonMari but she has some kind of magic fairy dust strangle-hold over me. I can't get enough of her.
Lauren
Konmari revolution - in manga! All the same concepts and categories, and the visual book format was fun to read. People read books like this for inspiration, and it worked! I am konmari-ing my bookshelves and office now. Spark joy!
Julie
This was insightful. Honestly I want to get rid of all the unnecessary junk in my room because I'm always a mess. I haven't started yet so maybe I'll update later on if it worked or not.
Tábata Kotowiski
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recentemente, assisti a série da Marie na Netflix e procurando sobre ela nas internets da vida, dei de cara com o mangá.
Ele dá uma ótima noção do método Konmari e tem como pano de fundo uma história bem fofinha. Acredito que no livro cada etapa do processo seja muito mais aprofundada mas para quem vê também a série não é difícil de captar a ideia. Impossível não ter vontade de organizar um cômodo que seja da casa depois de lê-lo. :-)
Katie
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-gn
I couldn't get through Marie Kondo's other books, but I love this manga version! It is funny and provides good tips without being repetitive. I think illustrating Kondo's ideas works beautifully.
Nicole
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

One word: Kawaii !!
Lola
Aug 11, 2018 added it
Shelves: manga
Never before have I read an educational non-fiction/fiction manga. I have before read perhaps one memoir in manga format, but that is all. All the rest have been fictive tales.

What is interesting here is that we have both. We have someone who teaches – Marie Kondo herself – as a main character, and someone who absorbs the teaching material and applies it to her life and home, the two being interrelated.

Actually, I have listened to Marie Kondo’s non-fiction book about tidying up, on which this m
Colona Public Library
I've been moving out of my house into a new one and I've been ordering some storage/de-cluttering books and this one has been the most helpful and inspiring! I've taken some pictures of the folding portions and some quotes. The main idea is that if your items don't spark joy then it's time to get rid of them. There are some other tips in the book too that have really helped me like go through all your stuff by category instead of by room, folding techniques, and very respectful and soulful ideas ...more
Chelsey
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-2018
This is the worst book to read when 99% of all your stuff is in storage. We decluttered so much of our house prior to our move but since living without our stuff for months we can't wait to get rid of so much more to make our brand new place the home we always dreamed of.

Except for books. Books get to stay.
Julie Hunt
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
When I read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up a few years ago, I absolutely hated it. Didn’t finish it and wanted to throw it across the room. I still think Marie Kondo is nuts (We transfer energy to our clothes by touching and folding them? We should thank our clothes for keeping us safe and bringing us joy?), but this time I found the manga version entertaining. I actually laughed out loud at times. I might even have to watch the Netflix series now. The secret? Don’t take it seriously.
Sách Chuyền Tay
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chưa thấy tình yêu dành cho chị gái nào lớn như tình yêu của mình dành cho chị Kon Mari. Đã đành đọc cuốn tiếng việt lại yêu chị tới mức đọc manga và giờ đọc/nghe sang cả cuốn Spark Joy (không biết đã có ai dịch chưa).
Chuẩn bị dịch ra tiếng việt bản manga chia sẻ cho mọi người. Có bạn nào từng làm manga pm mình nha, mình không biết làm.
Sky

• With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #3)
  • Think Happy: Instant Peptalks to Boost Positivity
  • Emma, Vol. 07
  • What Did You Eat Yesterday?, Volume 1
  • Planning Your Novel: Ideas and Structure (Foundations of Fiction #1)
  • The Complete Chi's Sweet Home, Part 2
  • Joséphine Baker
  • My Brother's Husband, Volume 1
  • Flying Witch, Vol. 1
  • Paradise Kiss, Part 1
  • The Art of Conflict Management: Achieving Solutions for Life, Work, and Beyond
  • Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, Volume 2 (Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, #2)
  • Giant Spider & Me: A Post-Apocalyptic Tale Vol. 1
  • The Drops of God 1 (The Drops of God, #1-2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 5 (Yotsuba&! #5)
Marie Kondo (近藤 麻理恵) is a Japanese organizing consultant and author. Kondo's method of organizing is known as the KonMari Method, and one of the main principles is keeping only possessions which "spark joy."

Kondo's best-seller The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing has been published in more than 30 countries.

She was listed as one of the world's 100
“In the end, people are unable to discard things either because they are attached to the past or afraid of the future.” 4 likes
“But when we're caught up in the past and fear for the future, being unable to discard means that we can't see, what we need, what will satisfy us, or what we're really seeking.” 2 likes