Start by marking “The Last Mrs. Parrish” as Want to Read:
The Last Mrs. Parrish

The Last Mrs. Parrish

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  78,628 ratings  ·  7,943 reviews
Amber Patterson is fed up. She’s tired of being a nobody: a plain, invisible woman who blends into the background. She deserves more—a life of money and power like the one blond-haired, blue-eyed goddess Daphne Parrish takes for granted.

To everyone in the exclusive town of Bishops Harbor, Connecticut, Daphne—a socialite and philanthropist—and her real-estate mo
Paperback, Large Print, 560 pages
Published October 17th 2017 by HarperLuxe

·  78,628 ratings  ·  7,943 reviews

Start your review of The Last Mrs. Parrish
Emily May
Dec 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a long time that I've actually HATED.

There are a number of reasons why and some are hard to talk about without giving important things away. I'll start with what I can safely say. All spoilers have been hidden.

Firstly, this book is so slow and boring. Especially in the first half where we stay inside the mind of the despicable con-artist, Amber Patterson, as she plants herself into the life of Daphne Parrish and tries to steal her rich husband. There are a good two hund
Deanna
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

4.5 Stars!!

I’ve had a lucky streak of great books lately and I’m happy to say that this was another terrific read. “The Last Mrs. Parrish” was a very compelling psychological suspense novel.

“Some women get everything. Some women get everything they deserve”

Amber Patterson detests the rich and privileged women she sees at the gym, yet she would give anything to be one of them. She is tired of being poor – of feeling unimportant, and invisible/>
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
FULL REVIEW POSTED

*3.5 Stars*

Hide ya wife. Hide ya kids. And hide ya husband…

‘Cause Amber Patterson is on the prowl and liable to steal your entire life right out from under your nose.

And this time her envious glare is set upon the beautiful and unsuspecting Daphne and her filthy rich, disgustingly successful husband, Jackson.

I’ll be the first to admit that I love a good cast of whack job characters, but there’s certain criteria I feel necessary for their levels of insanity to work:

- The characters must feel fleshed-out and human.
- They should have layers and appe
j e w e l s
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-bejeweled
This is a fantastic book with only three characters. Husband, wife, and home-wrecker. It’s no spoiler to tell you that Amber Patterson is the home wrecker and a self-avowed woman on a mission. Motivated mostly by her wish to be tremendously wealthy, Amber is determined to OUTRIGHT steal Jackson Parrish away from his sweet, beautiful wife, Daphne. What ensues is unbelievably fun to read about. Deliciously wicked.

First, what I love about this book:

The story is entertaining and addictive! I couldn’t put it down.
The writing iswicked.
First,
Berit☀️✨
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, audiobooks
4.5 superb stars! 🌟🌟🌟🌟.5

WOW! What a fun ride that was! The only reason this book is not getting the full five stars is it was a bit slow to start.... but once it hit about 40% WOWZA things went sideways.... and I loved it!

I just read and reviewed The Wife Between Us and really enjoyed it.... however it is very similar to this book.... so I can’t help but compare and I’d have to say I enjoyed this book more..... and the reason for this is I adored and hated these characters so much.
Krystin Rachel
My book ish: Blog | Insta

“What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.”

This quote from the 1967 film, COOL HAND LUKE, basically sums up how I’m feeling after reading this book. And I’ve never even seen the movie. The quote just came to me, as a thing I know somehow, deep from within the pop culture recesses of my mind. There’s a lot of useless information in there.

I might also go with: “…in the galaxy of This Sucks Camel Dicks!” Stepbrothers, 2008.

What I mean to say is: I wish the publishers hadn’t stuffed this novel into the psychologicInsta
“What
Julie
The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine is a 2017 Harperluxe publication.

Slick, shrewd, and wickedly devious-

Daphne meets Amber at the gym, where they discover they share a terrible tragedy in common- the death of a beloved sister due to Cystic Fibrosis. The women, though from very different worlds, form a close bond.

Before long, Amber has become Daphne’s confidante, while also working for her CF foundation, and even helps Mr. Parrish went he needs an assistant.

But, Amber has pla
Sarah Joint
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this entire book over a lazy Sunday. It is extremely addictive. The writing flows beautifully, and the story grabs you and won't let go. I was dying to know exactly how this craziness would end, but now I'm kind of disappointed that it's over! I'm already planning on encouraging friends to give it a read so we can discuss it. It's pure scandalous fun.

Amber Patterson isn't happy with her life. She's moved up in her job, but can still only afford a small apartment in a good area. She can't buy
Kaceey
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5*

Careful what you wish for…

Amber has a dream – a big one. She wants to be rich beyond her wildest imagination, marry a gorgeous man and live in a stately mansion. (That’s all?!) And she’s willing do whatever it takes to make that dream a reality!

Daphne did marry the man of her dreams, is rich beyond her wildest dreams, and currently living in an incredible mansion.

So whose dreams really did come true? Just who’s the lucky one here?

Amber is busy embedding herself into Daphne’s life und/>Careful
Malia
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery-suspense
To be honest, I almost feel I am being generous with two stars, but then I did finish it, so I wouldn't think it right to give it an even lower rating. There was something about The Last Mrs. Parrish that made it a very easy read, but that just wasn't enough. My disappointment in the book really comes from my dislike of the characters, or at the very least my apathy towards them. Amber is despicable, but her bad personality is written so overtly there is no mystery, no build up of atmosphere to ...more
Linda
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
"I struggled to get a deep breath, to come up with something, anything, that would help me to believe there was a way out."

Envy is a green-eyed monster that sits behind the wheel of someone else's vehicle.....in someone else's lane, in someone else's life.

Amber Patterson is trying to jam her irregular foot into the dainty shoes of another while leaving her own tainted footprints behind. A kind of a Cinderella story with no fairy godmother. This girl has brought evil by th
Susanne  Strong
5 Stars. Jolly Good!

Amber Patterson has never been satisfied with the life she has. She is poor and seemingly mousy. She has always wanted more for herself - including money and power and she will have it.

Daphne Parrish is beautiful, rich and sophisticated. She is kind, caring and the mother of two young girls who she would do anything for. Daphne is married to handsome, successful Jackson Parrish. Amber is beyond envious - they have the life that she wants and she has as plan. Daphne is friend
Norma * Traveling Sister * On hiatus due to health
3.5 Stars!

THE LAST MRS. PARRISH by LIV CONSTANTINE is an entertaining, fun, suspenseful, and a twisty psychological thriller that was quite the tale of manipulation, deceit and revenge. I wasn’t immediately drawn into this story though as I found parts of the first section a little bit slow and repetitive but once I reached the next section I was flipping those pages as fast as I could.

LIV CONSTANTINE delivers an intriguing, clever, and gripping story here with quite the twisted, wi
Carol (Bookaria)
This is an excellent psychological thriller featuring an unlikable character named Amber Patterson.

She has weaved a plan to introduced herself into the lives of Mr. and Mrs. Parrish, a wealthy couple living in Connecticut, and, hopefully, remove the current Mrs. Parrish from the picture so that she can take her place. We take a journey with Amber and watch her execute her plan carefully.

How does it end? You need to read the book to find out.

The novel takes place in Connecticut and NYC and is narrated
Lia
Oct 23, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: mystery-horror
you mean ronan lynch?
Katie B
This was a 5 star read for me for the first half of the book in terms of sheer entertainment. But then the book veers into some disturbing territory that just didn't make the book as fun to read anymore. That's not to say the story failed to hold my interest, just I liked it more when it was more of a love to hate feeling towards a character rather than flat out hatred.

Amber Patterson wants wealth and privilege and she's willing to do anything to get it. She befriends Daphne, a socialite and ph
Vanessa
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters in this book are vile, horrid and ghastly, a pleasant reading experience it was not, I was wondering what all the fuss was about for this book, having zero empathy for the main character Amber who plays the perfect villain. It’s not til the second part of the book that I was hooked and started to get it. I did spend a sleepless night tearing through it and the ending was throughly satisfying. I left with a better taste in my mouth than I did going in.

4.5 stars for keeping me up a
Megan Johnson
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elyse (retired from reviewing/semi hiatus) Walters
Library Overdrive Audiobook....read by Suzanne Elise Freeman, and Meg Wolf

This is another one of those psychological novels - that I was ‘sorta’ aware of for about a year.
I even bought a Kindle-download for $1.99 one day on a daily deal.

But honest to God - all I remembered about the book was seeing mixed ratings ....
From 1 star to 5 stars. I couldn’t have told you anything about what this book was going to be about though. I simply pushed my finger on my iPhone app to downloa
Dem
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

A clever psychological thriller with a gripping plot that will keep you turning the pages. But will I remember it is a years time from now ...... Probably not!, but I sure enjoyed the read and couldn't put it down.

This is my type of ESCAPE TO book when I want something that isn't too taxing, but a book that will kept me engaged and guessing.
The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine tells the story of a coolly manipulative young woman who befriends a wealthy and succe
*TANYA*
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Addictive!! This was very, very good!! I was curious because of all the great recommendations this book had, Reese Witherspoon, Lee Child and Karin Slaughter, just to name a few. The hype is real and it’s a debut novel??! A must read.
Dita
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It wasn't difficult to figure out where the book was taking me but it was a hell of a ride.
Richard
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers-us
In the midst of reading several books with heavy, less than happy themes, I had a craving for something light and exciting.
The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine fit the bill perfectly.
It’s a standard psychological thriller with the expected switch of perception and surprises along the way. Not far into the book I guessed the main twist (unusual for me!) but strangely this didn’t affect my enjoyment.
Amber feels she deserves so much more. She sets out in a calculating, ruthles
JanB
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's no secret Amber is a conniving, cold, and calculating gold digger out to snare Daphne's super wealthy husband. The first half of the book is devoted to how she goes about accomplishing her goal. I admit my eyes rolled a few times and I grew a little weary of hearing about the Parrish's wealth and conspicuous consumption lifestyle.

And then suddenly things got very interesting. I won't go into the plot, because it's better to go in knowing nothing. But it was at this point that I couldn't pu
Heather
May 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I flew through this one and I enjoyed it but I feel like you could of guessed where it was ended.
📖
Overall this year hasn’t been an amazing year for mystery/Thrillers so I need some recs! Please let me know your favorites because I need to read a thriller this year that will wow me!
📖
Overall this was a fun, interesting thriller but I wanted a little more from it.
Elaine
Oct 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The first two words that come to mind that best describe this book: hilarious dreck.

I've always wanted to know what would happen when FS0G was crossed with a soap opera, atrocious, corny dialogue, eye-rolling inducing one liners and sloppy writing.

Its called: The Last Mrs. Parrish.

The sisters Constantine fall into the ever growing pantheon of female writers who are so adept at writing poor, one dimensional, trite female characters that do nothing with that brain of theirs, even though you know th
Suzanne Leopold (Suzy Approved Book Reviews)
Amber Patterson is envious of Daphne Parrish who is a rich socialite living in Fairfield County, Connecticut. The two women have never met but Amber develops an obsession with her wonderful lifestyle. Daphne has a rich and handsome husband, two beautiful daughters, full time staff, interesting acquaintances and is president of her own foundation. Amber has few of these attributes and is jealous that someone else gets to live such a great lifestyle. She is fed up with her current environment and ...more
BIBLIOMANIAC MJ
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
A tale of envy, greed, psychological manipulation, betrayal and revenge, this one has all the tantalising ingredients for a mouth watering, delicious read!

Exquisitely entertaining and oh so addictive, I finished this one in record time... I just couldn't put it down, with writing that was fast paced and flowed easily.

The book was well structured, broken up into 3 parts. In part one we learn about Amber and her meticulous plan to con and weasel her way into the Parrish family, in ord
ABookwormWithWine
⭐⭐⭐⭐/5!!

For me, The Last Mrs. Parrish was a cross between The Wife Between Us (there was even a "nervous Nellie" remark, how random is that?) and The Couple Next Door. I thought this book was fairly predictable, but it was SO good you guys.

I didn't read the blurb again before I started reading, and this is a good book to go in without reading it (even though it doesn't give too much of anything away). What a deceitful little creature Amber is... The mix of Amber, Jackson, and Daphne was so perfec
Melody Sams
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you can stomach the harrowing details of abuse in this novel, you’ll be rewarded with a more than satisfying ending.

Like most people, I could kind of see where this book was heading at the onset. The front cover says it all - “Some women get everything. Some women get everything they deserve.” What I didn’t see coming was how our narrator would get her comeuppance. That was a pleasant surprise indeed.

In addition to a nice twist, the author does an excellent job at chronicling the

• Something in the Water
  • The Light We Lost
  • Nine Perfect Strangers
  • Next Year in Havana
  • All We Ever Wanted
Liv Constantine is the pen name of USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and international bestselling authors and sisters Lynne Constantine and Valerie Constantine, co-authors of the Reese Witherspoon book club pick, THE LAST MRS. PARRISH. Separated by three states, they spend hours plotting via FaceTime and burning up each other’s emails. They attribute their ability to concoct dark story lines to the ...more
“Today she felt especially comforted by the books that climbed the walls. They were a reminder that any knowledge she desired was hers for the asking.” 9 likes
“This was the kind of home that was safely hidden from the eyes of those who could not afford to live this way. That's what wealth does for you, she thought. It gives you the means and the power to remain concealed from the world if you choose - or if you need to.” 4 likes