Start by marking “Riot Street” as Want to Read:

Riot Street

A new contemporary romance from Tyler King
Also by Tyler King:
The Debt

"I've fallen in love with Tyler King's writing style and absolutely can't wait for her next book. Whatever it is, I'll be buying it! If you're looking for a swoony, addictive romance with just the right balance between angst, heartbreak, and hilarity, with light-hearted banter, a sexy love story, but als
Published April 30th 2017 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Riot Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riot Street

Natalie The Biblioholic
Ever read a book's blurb and were still unprepared for the story held within its pages? That was me with RIOT STREET. I didn't expect half of what I got and I think that was what I loved most about it.

What else I loved:
📰 How naked and exposed the author allowed her characters to be. Both Avery and Ethan were devastatingly broken and at times neither one seemed able to subsist, mush less support the other.
📰 How the author tackled cult culture, not so much the day-to-day of that life, but it's a
Paige
4 "History" Stars

Riot Street is a complex story that weaves in and out of both main character's lives. Avery and Ethan have a tie that binds them which slowly entwines them closer together as their story unfolds. The unpredictability of their romance had me curious to see their connection and as each aspect of their relationship opened up, I was unable to put this down.

Avery is an aspiring journalist. Ethan is established in the publishing world. The connection? Avery's father. Ethan wrote a b
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
Release Date: April 30, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance

This is the first book I have read by author Tyler King and I found myself enjoying it very much. So much in fact that I was extremely invested in the characters lives and needed to read it in one fell swoop just to be sure the HEA that I was hoping for would occur. Did it? Well, most romances have HEA's which is why they are romances, so yes. But it's how they got there and what they had to overcome that made this book as powerful as it
Francoise
Apr 25, 2017 Francoise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Soul-Stirring Stars!

The minute I started reading Riot Street, I knew I was about to embark on something truly special. Tyler King has this way of making you fall completely into her story and you feel like you are experiencing every emotion her characters are going through. This story felt real to me. The raw emotion, the depth and complexity of the characters contribute to create a soul-stirring, poignant story.

The heroes of this story, Avery Avalon and Ethan Nash are connected in a strange,
S.L. Scott
Apr 26, 2017 S.L. Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riot Street is a unique and tenacious story told through the voice of Avery Avalon, a character reminiscent of a modern day Holden Caulfield. Tyler King’s writing style illuminates a stark world with lush description placing the reader in the scene as the characters navigate their changing world. The characters discover not only more about each other but who they are themselves. The dynamic personalities created in this book jump from the page in this refreshing and thoughtful 5 Star read.
AJ
May 09, 2017 AJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic, drama
3.5 unexpected stars

Tyler King’s second book is an intelligent, multifaceted, twisty read with wonderfully developed, flawed, complex characters. It’s a really unique read with a lot of drama and intensity, very different from what I was expecting and I enjoyed the originality of the story, and the fact that I had no clue what was coming as it all unfolded.

Avery Avalon had a tragically unorthodox upbringing, but she has bravely and boldly risen from the ashes of her past and is pursuing her dre
Melanie Moreland
Riot Street – what a gripping, raw, emotional read. Ethan and Avery’s lives are brought together by her past. She lived it—he wrote it.
When they meet in real life, their connection is so intense it becomes a force to itself. Ethan is a complex character, at times hard to like, and at times so wonderful it takes your breath away.
Avery has been through hell and back, and has a hard time accepting love. Once she does, she has to find the strength to endure, let go, and forgive.
Painful pasts, hard
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Unexpected Crowns

This is my first book by Tyler King, and it wasn't what I expected. Filled with complex characters and an unexpected story-line, it was a beautifully written romance.

The complexity of not only the characters but also their relationship is unusual in the romance world. Originally, readers see Avery as a character who needs guidance. As a survivor of a cult, she seems to be the one who struggles in public and social situations. Readers assume tha
Annie
4.5 stars- Unique characters and story

I’ve had Miss King’s debut novel on my TBR list for many months, but have yet to get to it. So when I saw the opportunity to read Riot Street as an ARC, I was eager to give her writing a try. Her unique writing style is clear from the outset. It’s detailed, contemplative, and often wanders a bit between subjects, almost as if the narrator can’t ignore the background noise. As the story is told exclusively from the heroine’s point of view and this is my firs
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Riot Street led me on a very unsuspecting, thrilling ride! I loved Tyler King's writing style and also broadening my vocabulary while reading it.

Ethan wrote a book about a chapter in Avery's life, the chapter that she would like to forget.
"With everything you've been through in your life, no one would blame your for being a total mess, but you're not. Avery, you're probably one of the most well-adjusted people I've ever met. Prep school kids from Connecticut have more disorders."

This is a grea
Dawn Herring
Mar 22, 2017 Dawn Herring rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, so here goes:

Let me start by saying that I've never read anything by this author before, so I thought I was picking up just another typical romance novel. Nuh-uh. I knew from the first couple of pages that this would be very different, and it was. In the most magnificent way. Instead of the typical light beach read or more dark, angsty read, I found myself immersed in something not even on the normal romance spectrum. I completely
Naomi
Review Scheduled to go live on blog on April 27th @ Naomi’s Reading Palace
K.
Riot Street by Tyler King was an interesting and intriguing read. This is not my first read by Tyler and it will not be my last read. She has a way with words to get you sucked into her stories. I don’t know what it is, but when I read the blurb to this, the way she went was not at all the way I thought she would go.

Ethan and Avery share a common bond, her past. He wrote a book about her past, The past she has desperately tried to leave behind. Ethan and Avery’s lives intertwine when Avery deci
Books Laid Bare
Apr 30, 2017 Books Laid Bare rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A seriously sharp, emotionally astute read, Riot Street brought it’s A game and in my opinion it was absolutely first class. Told from Avery Avalon’s point of view, what we get to read and understand about her past and how that has impacted her present was astonishing.
I thought the depth of emotion that the author was able to inject, meant that this was a story that could easily be described as being passionately raw.
Ethan and Avery are connected through the events of her past but they had never
Sara
May 11, 2017 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!!

Tyler King has just been added to my must read author list!

Riot Street is a smart, intriguing romance about falling in love, learning to let others love you and learning to love yourself.

Avery and Ethan are both quite complex. Avery’s background is scarily complicated. She went through some serious trauma that led her to make bad coping decisions. With that now in the past, she is ready to move forward and start her career as a journalist. Her path is twisted with the introduction of
Treena Ross - Rockstar Book Muse
May 09, 2017 Treena Ross - Rockstar Book Muse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance Lovers
4.5 Stars

This is the first book I have read from this author and I was truly blowin away!!

Ethan and Avery are intertwined in every aspect known and because of this I was intrigued from the beginning. This author knows how to write very well and engage the reader. Both these characters are fabulous and together it is a story..so interesting that you will want to keep reading until the very end hoping and praying that you get the HEA you are so desperately looking for.

Avery is an inspiring writer
Rhiannon St. Clair
***I received an ebook copy in exchange for an honest review***

Sometimes I read a book, and when I'm finished I just can't say enough good things about it. That's how I feel with Riot Street.

Avery is working towards a successful career in journalism, while at the same time trying to outrun her past. Ethan is an established journalist who has a fascination with the past that Avery wants to shed. When they're together, there's a very palpable chemistry between the two, but Ethan has a few skeleto
Siobhan
May 11, 2017 Siobhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riot Street was my first Tyler King book – and damn, what a read. Without a doubt, I will be keeping an eye on this author. This was such a fantastic read. It was so close to being a five star rating (in fact, a large part of me is screaming to hand out my first five star rating in many months). Honestly, it delivered so much. As soon as I started reading this one I found it was impossible to put down. I was well and truly addicted from start to end.

The first thing that grabbed me was the writin
Amy
May 11, 2017 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"We’re both adults. Why should I deprive myself of the one person I want because we’re inconveniently employed?”

Another intriguing and complex story from author Tyler King.

Riot Street follows the story of Ethan and Avery. Connected by her past, Ethan and Avery are brought together by a job opportunity at Riot Street. Ethan has spent years trying to unravel Avery’s family scandal. He is charming and yet unpredictable. All Avery wants to do is move on from her past, but despite her best efforts, h
Madhuri Pavamani
"Charming men who know they are charming are the worst."

That's just one of the many quotes that caught my eye and stuck in my brain as I read Tyler King's RIOT STREET, a romance written the way every romance should be: smart, sexy, and complex. King's story of Ethan and Avery is a slow reveal so worth getting caught up in -- her way with language will leave you breathless. I can't decide which I enjoyed better, losing myself in the romance or being bowled over by King's word magic. Since I could
Brittany (The Crafty Engineer's Bookshelf)
Riot Street is an incredible story. It's complex and gives you such an in-depth look into both main character's lives that it is extremely hard to put down.

Ethan wrote about Avery's childhood and is part of the reason she's had so many doors opened to her that might not have otherwise been there. She is wary of him at first because he does know all about her life and might even know more than she can even remember. The chemistry between these two is so intense however that it is only a matter a
Joanna
May 07, 2017 Joanna rated it really liked it
Surprisingly Good

This review might be. Little spoilery so don't read any further if you wanna go in blind......
Still here? Ok good. I have a thing about addiction and alcoholism in books. Usually because it's just done wrong. There's a lot to addiction that unless you've been there, you can't really give it justice. There's nothing glamorous or romantic about an alcoholic in their cups. I can't stand when books glorify it either. All that being said, this book nailed all of it in a great way.
I
The Book Fairy Reviews
Avery, living enduring and running from a past that has left scars so deep that she can still feel them. Surviving is how she lives her life. Love is something she doesn't know how to accept let alone keep.
Ethan, wrote about her pain, through that they have made a connection that will keep you glued to this book.
The pain, the love, the writing, will sweep you into her world, keep you hostage and then leave you bereft when you read the last words in the book. Amazing!
FS Meurinne
May 05, 2017 FS Meurinne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews, arc, netgalley
Tyler King is a new author to me, and certainly loved the book. Riot is a very touching story, its not only about personal struggles, but how if you have someone believing in you can make so much difference. Avery has been struggling, her past and her reality makes it hard for her to move forward. Ethan is a guy that will make you want to kill him and love him at the same time. They meet and they both find themselves helping each other in more ways than they thought possible.
Meaghan
May 07, 2017 Meaghan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
I couldn't put it down. While I assumed this (as most romances do) would end happliy ever after, getting there was quite the adventure. The first two thirds of the book was much more fast-paced and captivating, but the lull towards the end didn't take away from watching Ethan and Avery figure out life and each other.
Avidbookreader
May 24, 2017 Avidbookreader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent.
Mass
Mass rated it liked it
May 06, 2017
books are love
May 01, 2017 books are love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received in exchange for a honest review.

This is my first book from Tyler King and it won’t be my last. I do need to say thought for me it was Ethan who made this book. I know Avery was a huge character but for me it was Ethan.

I loved the journey and soul search he had to go on. His struggles and darkness. His life wasn’t what everyone thought and his armor had kinks. For me he was real and in pain. He had so many things going on and he is so caring and honest with Avery. He isn’t always the eas
Bex (Night Owl Reader)
Riot Street begins as a typical contemporary romance: young woman graduates from college, works for peanuts, writes an essay that goes viral overnight, gets dream interview. But that’s where the similarities to anything you have read before ends and the story veers off the traditional and expected course.

The story of Avery and her journey as a journalist unfurls slowly with details dropped like tiny little bombs when you least expect them. Intelligently written, the prose is poetic without being
Tyler King was born and raised in Orlando, Florida and graduated from the University of Central Florida with a degree in Creative Writing. As a journalist, her work has appeared in Orlando magazine and Orlando Business Journal, among other publications.
More about Tyler King...

“Quit apologizing. If you walk around like a charity case, that’s how people will treat you.”
“Then stop acting like my chaperone.”
“I’m not going to let you get absorbed and disappear. So you might try a little gratitude.”
“And a touch of humility wouldn’t kill you.”
“I tried it once. Didn’t suit me.”
No kidding.”
0 likes
“You’re like my own polite stalker. It’s only a little creepy.”
“There it is.” Taking a bite, he reclines and stares up at the ceiling. “She said the S-word.”
“Really. I mean, I get it. I’m fascinating. You’re obsessed with me. Just as long as you don’t let it interfere with doing our jobs.”
He laughs, shaking his head. “You’re such a brat.”
“Creeper.”