Start by marking “Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles, #1)

Undercover Princess

(The Rosewood Chronicles #1)

When fairy tale obsessed Lottie Pumpkin starts at the infamous Rosewood Hall, she is not expecting to share a room with the Crown Princess of Maradova, Ellie Wolf. Due to a series of lies and coincidences, 14-year-old Lottie finds herself pretending to be the princess so that Ellie can live a more normal teenage life.

Lottie is thrust into the real world of roya
Published November 2nd 2017 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Undercover Princess, please sign up.

Ivana - Diary of Difference
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

Rosewood Chronicles

#1 Undercover Princess - ★★★★★
#2 Princess in Practice - ★★★★

I am lucky to have the best sister ever, who keeps giving me books I love! She gave me Undercover Princess for my birthday back in November last year, and I finally managed to get to it. Thank you, sis!

Even though Undercover Princess has great resemblance to The Princess Diaries and The Princess Protection Program, this book is unique inclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
I
Kate (GirlReading)
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-favourites
4.5* Harry Potter meets Cinderella, meets The Princess Diaries, meets The Princess Protection Programme (yes, that fab and totally underrated Demi Lovato/Selena Gomez movie) in Connie Glynn's wonderful debut novel, Undercover Princess. I'm painfully aware of how many 'meets etc.' I've just used but I promise they will *hopefully* make sense after you've read the book, which, of course, you definitely should do. Yet, even with these comparisons (of some of my favourite films, I should add), Under ...more
Sara
Oct 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF at 50%

I think this is a major case of 'it's not me, it's you'.

Rosewood Chronicles tells the story of Lottie Pumpkin as she enters the privileged world of boarding schools at Rosewood Hall. Here she meets Ellie Wolf, secret princess of Maradova, and otherwise normal teenage girl. Together the two form a friendship as they fight to keep Ellie's true identity a secret - which might be more difficult than it sounds.

The writing for this was very clunky at best, with the d
beth ✨
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Rating - 3/3.5 stars.

I have never watched any of Connie's youtube videos and didn't realise she was a book tuber until I read a few comments before going into this book.

This book was okay. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. It was a quick and easy read to get through and I finished it within two sittings.

I saw Kate (Girl Reading's) review and I have to agree with it being all of the things she mentioned. It was like reading a disney original movie/tv show in a boo
Claire ✨
UNDERCOVER PRINCESS is a fun, adventurous tale with charming main characters and an intriguing mystery, but its downfall is the underdeveloped supporting cast, juvenile prose, poor world-building and contrived plot.

This book is very obviously written by a YouTuber, and by that I mean, someone given a book deal for their audience, not their penmanship. The writing and plotting are messy and cringe-worthy, at times, despite how much love and heart there is in this novel.

I’m an absolute sucker for preppy boarding school myster
Natalie
Dec 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, don-t-bother
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'd probably give this to a girl who is around 10 years old because that's who I reckon would enjoy this kind of thing. It was a Princess/Rich Kids version of Harry Potter fan fiction but way less interesting, badly written and just.....blah. Very blah. I got 100 pages in and I wondered what the point of the story was, and it's a shame because it started off quite sweet.
Then nothing.

All the characters were very clique, they weren't in the slightest bit interesting or entertaining, and very copy and paste
Elaine
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cinderella, you will go to the ball! OK! There aren't any wicked step sisters, but there is a stepmother, a rinses and a ball in this YA adventure. However, most of the story actually takes place at Rosewood Hall, a prestigious boarding school that orphan Lottie Pumpkin has worked very hard to get into. She's the first student in twelve years to have a bursary scholarship to enable her to attend alongside the offspring of the elite and famous.

A misunderstanding on her first day leads others to
Zili
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm a conflicted about Undercover Princess because on one hand it's a nice boarding story but on the hand it's a little far fetched and loaded with certain YA tropes that I'm not a fan of.

I have to admit I wasn't aware of Connie Glynn as a YouTuber but I don't believe this would have had any impact on my experience of the book had I known beforehand. I'm very levelheaded with reviews and am willing to take it as it comes - if I like a book I like it.

Lottie Pumpkin (yes a
Stef White
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recieved this book from Netgalley for an honest review. So Thank You Penguin Random House UK and obviously Connie Glynn.

Let me start off by saying I went into this book thinking it might be a little young for me. Being the ripe old age of 26, however that was so not the case this book engrossed me so much I read it in one sitting. I loved the character development, the relationship between Ellie and Lottie was just so cute. I adored the entire concept of this book.
I was not e
Booklepuff
Apr 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Firstly this book for me only just scraped 1.5 Stars, Which barely ever happens! The cover of the arc itself was beautiful - this was one of my favourite parts about the book! But now the issues I had with it;

My copy was an ARC which I get means it’s not finished but the amount of spelling mistakes, missed words, cut off sentences, extra words and sentences that out right just didn’t make sense, made for really difficult reading! I’ve read many ARCs in the past and they’ve never been
Andreia
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How I wish this book had been written when I was fourteen and looking for a book about girls my age who fight for each other so they can become stronger individually. But, better late than never, right?

Undercover Princess is not just a funny story about a girl who pretends to be a princess so that her friend who is actually a princess can be safe from harm. It's a story about a naïve but very intelligent girl whose heart is so big and pure that she allows herself to be in danger so that her friend isn't. It's
Amy
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was a nice fun read. I will be honest, I enjoyed it more than I expected! It definitely reads a bit younger but the main characters are 14/15. Would recommend if you want a nice fluffy read to have a bit of a laugh with and just enjoy without over thinking everything!
Kristina
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a cute and fast read but nothing really special :)
Farhina ↯↯ The Wanderer Of Inked Adventures
Original Review Post
First thing first i was really really excited to read this book. I mean come on princess's and private school and Mystery. It gave me such princess diaries, hex Hall and Hogwarts vibes. So when I got the email for reviewing I said count me the heck in.

Than when I got the book i got blown away by its prettiness. I love, love the arc. The front has a silhouette of a princess and has watercolors and has a big house castle silhouette on it. Anyway I am doing a sucky j
Kelly
Okay. That’s how I would describe this book for me. It was simply: okay.

I didn’t dislike this book but neither did I love it. The plot was okay, it did have its moments where I will happily admit to being interested and I read the book fairly quickly but it just didn’t scream ‘READ ME’ or have anything that I found particularly gripping. In fact what the plot did for me was leave lots of unanswered questions and one of those was “Why did Lottie so desperately want to go to Rosewood Hall?”
Abigail
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much and I am going to go straight on to the next one. The romance is a great twist at the end and the whole plot is thought out excellently. Loved it!
Andrea Way
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. ***ARC Review from Netgalley and the publisher***

Sorry not one for me. This was a book that had an interesting premise and the friendship part was done well. But had way to many YA tropes for me. I think if I were younger I might have enjoyed this but I found myself skipping parts just to get to the end.
Imi (Imi Reviews Books)
DNF @ Page 252

Part of me is like come on, there’s less than 100 pages left, but the other part has been like, girl you wanted to DNF this at chapter three. Put it down.
Sassafras Lowrey
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m obsessed with this book and can’t wait for the next book in the series to be released. Ifs really really unexpectedly smart and deep and queer and thoughtful- also really funny. There is great subtle commentary on gender and belonging and class . Also something really delightful about service, choice, and self awareness. Really really great book !
Hannah
I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Edit 30.10.17 actual rating 2.5

This is a cute story of friendship intertwined with a decent bit of mystery (albeit with an unsatisfying reveal), which is enough to keep the reader guessing and the plot moving forward. Lottie, Jamie and Ellie were all likeable main characters and their relationships were generally well written and explored nicely but I don't really understand Lottie and Ellie's friendship/relationship/whatever
Jess
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It would be unfair to call this a book "review" - it's entirely unprofessional, incredibly biased, far too rambly and not at all critical because I'm still viewing this world through rose-tinted glasses. But I don't want to find fault in it, partially because I want to enjoy this at 21 as much as I'd enjoy it at 15, and partially because finding fault in it would take far too much effort on my part - it's wonderful.

The book isn't officially released until the first week of November, so I natura
Nicola
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of The Princess Diaries
Shelves: arc
Undercover Princess combines royalty, a boarding school setting, puzzles and mysteries and creates something really fun.

Lottie and Ellie are polar opposites but quickly bond and become inseparable when some school gossip gets out of hand and they find a solution that works for both of them. I liked their friendship and the overall focus that was placed on female friendships throughout the book. Whilst there is a little romance (including LGBT), I liked that friendship was at the forefront and how it’s
Sabrina
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booktails
Lottie has spent her life trying to live up to her ideal of a princess, she has her motto to be kind, brave and unstoppable. Lottie promised her mother, before she died, that she would be happy and do her best to go to Rosewood Hall school. When she manages to get a rare scholarship, she never expected that she would have a real princess as a roommate and that she would end up pretending to be her.
This is the first in a new series and I think there is plenty more to the story and to the my
Jenny
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was also posted on my blog Tecsielity.

It’s been a while since I read something nice and light like this. I had somehow assumed the main characters would be a bit older teens though so it took me a moment to get used to the fact that they’re actually 14!

Undercover Princess was a little weird to me in that I actually enjoyed it but it also had some obvious issues, like the writing not being that great. Lottie and Ellie’s friendship was really sweet I kinda got the vibe that i
Annette
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was smiling at me for a while already, but I had been so clever to put it on a wishlist for a bookswap, which meant that I had to wait until I would either get it or would know for sure I wouldn't get it. But, I GOT IT and that made me so incredibly happy!

Just like reading the book made me very happy. The book is for sure a very light read. If you go in there for the mystery and the danger, you will probably be disappointed. If you however go in there for the friendship (or more?) bet
harmony
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
okay I'm giving this an extra star because I'll always be a sucker for Disney princess style stories

but boy did I have some ISSUES

I HATE Jamie. I suppose towards the end he was somewhat redeemed, but he was so unnecessarily rude.
Lottie was SO naive and it annoyed me so much. normally I'm okay with a bit of that in books but this was next level. so many stupid decisions were made.
This whole book was also very cliched, although it is a princess story so I will forgiv
Jayne Catherine pinkett
Maybe

I received a copy of this book for my independent honest review. It has taken me a while to consider how to review it as I am not from the target audience age group. It reminded me of a modern day Mallory Towers by Enid Blyton. I loved this series as a child growing up in the seventies and fondly remember placing myself in their world. I think that this book will have the same feel good factor for young teens today who want a little easy reading escapism. It shows good examples
Tessa
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Undercover Princess was such a pleasant surprise, I was honestly not expecting it. When I started reading it, I felt it would be a bit too childish, just another story of a little girl playing princesses. Oh boy, was I wrong!

This book, despite being written for a very young audience, can be read and enjoyed by all type of readers. Because it is not just a princess story, it’s a story about strong female friendships, passionate and brave characters, girls fighting for other girls. It
Apatricia
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love it. It's so cuteeee, it's the perfect book when you want something to just chill, this book talks about Lottie and Ellie, and one it's a princess and another needs to pretend to be one 😂
It was really good and cute and full of magic!
Marie the Librarian
I love this cover and I like the concept, but this was just too long and boring in the beginning. The last half was okay, but damn it took some time to get into it. It was also a bit predictable, but maybe that's just me.

• Pride and Prejudice
  • Misfits (Royal Academy Rebels #1)
  • Blart: The Boy Who Didn't Want to Save the World
  • The Power of Friendship (W.I.T.C.H. Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Time Shifters
  • Disney Princess Comic Strips Collection Vol. 1
  • Zootopia (Junior Novelization)
  • What Kitty Did Next
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 6
  • Batman: Li'l Gotham, Vol. 2
  • The Ostrich and Other Lost Things
  • The Waffler
  • Click
  • Confessions of a So-Called Middle Child
  • Goldilocks Breaks In (Grimmtastic Girls, #6)
  • Hit the Road, Helen! (Myth-O-Mania, #9)
  • The House of Months and Years
  • A Summer Without Horses (Saddle Club Super Edition, #1)
Connie Glynn is an English author and YouTuber. Her debut novel Undercover Princess, the first in The Rosewood Chronicles, was published in 2017.
Glynn is also known for her YouTube videos on the channel Noodlerella. She provided the voice for the character Moxie Dewdrop in the UK cinema version of Dreamworks' Trolls.

The Rosewood Chronicles (3 books)
  • Princess in Practice (The Rosewood Chronicle #2)
  • The Lost Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles #3)
“I bet you ten pounds someone falls in the pool. - Lottie
Twenty pounds says I push one of them. - Jamie”
8 likes
“Most people here have their lives handed to them on a plate... They don't realize how lucky they are to get to come here... If I'd known you were here on a bursary, I... You're different, because you had to work to get here. You can really appreciate it and actually do something good with your time here... I'm really glad they put us in a room together... Oh, and if anyone makes you feel like you don't belong here, I will gladly beat them up for you. - Ellie, to Lottie” 5 likes