Start by marking “Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles, #1)

Undercover Princess

(The Rosewood Chronicles #1)

When fairy tale obsessed Lottie Pumpkin starts at the infamous Rosewood Hall, she is not expecting to share a room with the Crown Princess of Maradova, Ellie Wolf. Due to a series of lies and coincidences, 14-year-old Lottie finds herself pretending to be the princess so that Ellie can live a more normal teenage life.

Lottie is thrust into the real world of royalty - a worl
Published November 2nd 2017 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Undercover Princess, please sign up.
Katherine I feel like Lottie might be bisexual, I got those vibes of her!
rosie There isn't really an age for it, connie has said that its for anyone.…moreThere isn't really an age for it, connie has said that its for anyone.(less)

Start your review of Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles, #1)
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Wishlist | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Ko-fi

Rosewood Chronicles

#1 Undercover Princess - ★★★★★
#2 Princess in Practice - ★★★★
#3 The Lost Princess - TBR

I am lucky to have the best sister ever, who keeps giving me books I love! She gave me Undercover Princess for my birthday back in November last year, and I finally managed to get to it. Thank you, sis!

Even though Undercover Princess has great resemblance to The Princess Diaries and The Princess Protection Program, this book is unique in
Kate (GirlReading)
4.5* Harry Potter meets Cinderella, meets The Princess Diaries, meets The Princess Protection Programme (yes, that fab and totally underrated Demi Lovato/Selena Gomez movie) in Connie Glynn's wonderful debut novel, Undercover Princess. I'm painfully aware of how many 'meets etc.' I've just used but I promise they will *hopefully* make sense after you've read the book, which, of course, you definitely should do. Yet, even with these comparisons (of some of my favourite films, I should add), Under ...more
Sara
Oct 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF at 50%

I think this is a major case of 'it's not me, it's you'.

Rosewood Chronicles tells the story of Lottie Pumpkin as she enters the privileged world of boarding schools at Rosewood Hall. Here she meets Ellie Wolf, secret princess of Maradova, and otherwise normal teenage girl. Together the two form a friendship as they fight to keep Ellie's true identity a secret - which might be more difficult than it sounds.

The writing for this was very clunky at best, with the descriptions and plot all
beth ✨
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Rating - 3/3.5 stars.

I have never watched any of Connie's youtube videos and didn't realise she was a book tuber until I read a few comments before going into this book.

This book was okay. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. It was a quick and easy read to get through and I finished it within two sittings.

I saw Kate (Girl Reading's) review and I have to agree with it being all of the things she mentioned. It was like reading a disney original movie/tv show in a book form. It reminded me of
Claire ✨
UNDERCOVER PRINCESS is a fun, adventurous tale with charming main characters and an intriguing mystery, but its downfall is the underdeveloped supporting cast, juvenile prose, poor world-building and contrived plot.

This book is very obviously written by a YouTuber, and by that I mean, someone given a book deal for their audience, not their penmanship. The writing and plotting are messy and cringe-worthy, at times, despite how much love and heart there is in this novel.

I’m an absolute sucker for
Natalie
Dec 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, don-t-bother
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'd probably give this to a girl who is around 10 years old because that's who I reckon would enjoy this kind of thing. It was a Princess/Rich Kids version of Harry Potter fan fiction but way less interesting, badly written and just.....blah. Very blah. I got 100 pages in and I wondered what the point of the story was, and it's a shame because it started off quite sweet.
Then nothing.

All the characters were very clique, they weren't in the slightest bit interesting or entertaining, and very
jessica ☾
Jul 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
I’ve always loved watching Connie Glynn on YouTube so I’m so incredibly sad that this didn’t work out for me. Definitely think I might’ve liked it if I picked it up at a much younger age though!
Stef White
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recieved this book from Netgalley for an honest review. So Thank You Penguin Random House UK and obviously Connie Glynn.

Let me start off by saying I went into this book thinking it might be a little young for me. Being the ripe old age of 26, however that was so not the case this book engrossed me so much I read it in one sitting. I loved the character development, the relationship between Ellie and Lottie was just so cute. I adored the entire concept of this book.
I was not expecting this book
Zili
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm a conflicted about Undercover Princess because on one hand it's a nice boarding story but on the hand it's a little far fetched and loaded with certain YA tropes that I'm not a fan of.

I have to admit I wasn't aware of Connie Glynn as a YouTuber but I don't believe this would have had any impact on my experience of the book had I known beforehand. I'm very levelheaded with reviews and am willing to take it as it comes - if I like a book I like it.

Lottie Pumpkin (yes a cute name) finds herself
Elaine
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cinderella, you will go to the ball! OK! There aren't any wicked step sisters, but there is a stepmother, a rinses and a ball in this YA adventure. However, most of the story actually takes place at Rosewood Hall, a prestigious boarding school that orphan Lottie Pumpkin has worked very hard to get into. She's the first student in twelve years to have a bursary scholarship to enable her to attend alongside the offspring of the elite and famous.

A misunderstanding on her first day leads others to
Andreia
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How I wish this book had been written when I was fourteen and looking for a book about girls my age who fight for each other so they can become stronger individually. But, better late than never, right?

Undercover Princess is not just a funny story about a girl who pretends to be a princess so that her friend who is actually a princess can be safe from harm. It's a story about a naïve but very intelligent girl whose heart is so big and pure that she allows herself to be in danger so that her fri
Booklepuff
Apr 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Firstly this book for me only just scraped 1.5 Stars, Which barely ever happens! The cover of the arc itself was beautiful - this was one of my favourite parts about the book! But now the issues I had with it;

My copy was an ARC which I get means it’s not finished but the amount of spelling mistakes, missed words, cut off sentences, extra words and sentences that out right just didn’t make sense, made for really difficult reading! I’ve read many ARCs in the past and they’ve never been so poorly r
Sophie Crane
This is Excellent, I Can't Wait to read the others in the Series. ...more
Farhina ↯↯ The Wanderer Of Inked Adventures
Original Review Post
First thing first i was really really excited to read this book. I mean come on princess's and private school and Mystery. It gave me such princess diaries, hex Hall and Hogwarts vibes. So when I got the email for reviewing I said count me the heck in.

Than when I got the book i got blown away by its prettiness. I love, love the arc. The front has a silhouette of a princess and has watercolors and has a big house castle silhouette on it. Anyway I am doing a sucky job of descr
Kelly
Okay. That’s how I would describe this book for me. It was simply: okay.

I didn’t dislike this book but neither did I love it. The plot was okay, it did have its moments where I will happily admit to being interested and I read the book fairly quickly but it just didn’t scream ‘READ ME’ or have anything that I found particularly gripping. In fact what the plot did for me was leave lots of unanswered questions and one of those was “Why did Lottie so desperately want to go to Rosewood Hall?”

I also
Jess
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It would be unfair to call this a book "review" - it's entirely unprofessional, incredibly biased, far too rambly and not at all critical because I'm still viewing this world through rose-tinted glasses. But I don't want to find fault in it, partially because I want to enjoy this at 21 as much as I'd enjoy it at 15, and partially because finding fault in it would take far too much effort on my part - it's wonderful.

The book isn't officially released until the first week of November, so I natura
Andrea Way
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. ***ARC Review from Netgalley and the publisher***

Sorry not one for me. This was a book that had an interesting premise and the friendship part was done well. But had way to many YA tropes for me. I think if I were younger I might have enjoyed this but I found myself skipping parts just to get to the end.
Hannah
I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Edit 30.10.17 actual rating 2.5

This is a cute story of friendship intertwined with a decent bit of mystery (albeit with an unsatisfying reveal), which is enough to keep the reader guessing and the plot moving forward. Lottie, Jamie and Ellie were all likeable main characters and their relationships were generally well written and explored nicely but I don't really understand Lottie and Ellie's friendship/relationship/whatever
Nicola
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of The Princess Diaries
Shelves: arc
Undercover Princess combines royalty, a boarding school setting, puzzles and mysteries and creates something really fun.

Lottie and Ellie are polar opposites but quickly bond and become inseparable when some school gossip gets out of hand and they find a solution that works for both of them. I liked their friendship and the overall focus that was placed on female friendships throughout the book. Whilst there is a little romance (including LGBT), I liked that friendship was at the forefront and h
rosie
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I've written a review before but whilst reading again i have noticed some more things.
You can tell it is a first book but it is by far not a terrible one, to the people moaning the first Harry Potter wasn't great but it improved.
I saw a review moaning about not enough character development from Ollie but what i think is Ollie will have more importance later in the series. I like the characters and i love the schools Connie has created, she even shocked me by having a character i loved turn ba
Amy
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was a nice fun read. I will be honest, I enjoyed it more than I expected! It definitely reads a bit younger but the main characters are 14/15. Would recommend if you want a nice fluffy read to have a bit of a laugh with and just enjoy without over thinking everything!
Imi (Imi Reviews Books)
DNF @ Page 252

Part of me is like come on, there’s less than 100 pages left, but the other part has been like, girl you wanted to DNF this at chapter three. Put it down.
Kristina
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a cute and fast read but nothing really special :)
Abigail
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much and I am going to go straight on to the next one. The romance is a great twist at the end and the whole plot is thought out excellently. Loved it!
Sassafras Lowrey
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m obsessed with this book and can’t wait for the next book in the series to be released. Ifs really really unexpectedly smart and deep and queer and thoughtful- also really funny. There is great subtle commentary on gender and belonging and class . Also something really delightful about service, choice, and self awareness. Really really great book !
Jenny
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was also posted on my blog Tecsielity.

It’s been a while since I read something nice and light like this. I had somehow assumed the main characters would be a bit older teens though so it took me a moment to get used to the fact that they’re actually 14!

Undercover Princess was a little weird to me in that I actually enjoyed it but it also had some obvious issues, like the writing not being that great. Lottie and Ellie’s friendship was really sweet I kinda got the vibe that it may deve
ilsa➹
May 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, 1-star, e-arc
i found my old review of this...and oh my god i'm getting war flashbacks from how terrible my review was written, how terrible this book is, and how terrible the comments were on here. no one reads my reviews anymore so i'm just going to post a summarised post of my thoughts (which were an 1000 words rant before, so)

-the book felt very cliche and childish, and not in a good way
- the characters were very boring and overly-sweet
-the so-called ‘rebellious princess’ was like, not rebellious at all.
Annette
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was smiling at me for a while already, but I had been so clever to put it on a wishlist for a bookswap, which meant that I had to wait until I would either get it or would know for sure I wouldn't get it. But, I GOT IT and that made me so incredibly happy!

Just like reading the book made me very happy. The book is for sure a very light read. If you go in there for the mystery and the danger, you will probably be disappointed. If you however go in there for the friendship (or more?) bet
harms
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
okay I'm giving this an extra star because I'll always be a sucker for Disney princess style stories

but boy did I have some ISSUES

I HATE Jamie. I suppose towards the end he was somewhat redeemed, but he was so unnecessarily rude.
Lottie was SO naive and it annoyed me so much. normally I'm okay with a bit of that in books but this was next level. so many stupid decisions were made.
This whole book was also very cliched, although it is a princess story so I will forgive that. but the writing was so
Tove
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was exactly what I needed after the harrowing last book I read. During the first half I was completely in love with it, although then it fell a little in my eyes, but still a really good book. It went a bit fast forward in the middle I think, and twords the end it sometimes became a bit hard to follow, like you as a reader didn't get enough information to understand the storyline. But all in all it was an amazingly cozy book that I wanted to keep reading every day, and I'm excited to r ...more

• Die Farben des Meeres (Alea Aquarius, #2)
  • Der Ruf des Wassers (Alea Aquarius, #1)
  • A Library of Lemons
  • L'Arrache-mots
  • C'est pas ma faute
  • Der Fluss des Vergessens (Alea Aquarius #6)
  • Die Macht der Gezeiten (Alea Aquarius, #4)
  • Tropiciel (Zapomniana księga, #2)
  • Das Geheimnis der Ozeane (Alea Aquarius, #3)
  • Magic Charly #1
  • Dziady część II
  • To nie jest, do diabła, love story. Tom I (LoveStory, #1)
  • Najgłośniej krzyczy serce
  • Never Evers
  • Cud, miód, Malina. Kronika rodziny Koźlaków
  • Przy naszej piosence
  • Falling Again
  • O vară cu Isidor
Connie Glynn is an English author and YouTuber. Her debut novel Undercover Princess, the first in The Rosewood Chronicles, was published in 2017.
Glynn is also known for her YouTube videos on the channel Noodlerella. She provided the voice for the character Moxie Dewdrop in the UK cinema version of Dreamworks' Trolls.

The Rosewood Chronicles (4 books)
  • Princess in Practice (The Rosewood Chronicle #2)
  • The Lost Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles #3)
  • Princess at Heart (The Rosewood Chronicles #4)