Start by marking “Year's Best Hardcore Horror, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Year's Best Hardcore Horror, Volume 2

Year's Best Hardcore Horror, Volume 2

Comet Press is extremely proud to present its second annual anthology featuring this year's hardcore corps of authors with the best extreme horror fiction of 2016 that breaks boundaries and trashes taboos.

Published June 1st 2017 by Comet Press

To ask other readers questions about Year's Best Hardcore Horror, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Year's Best Hardcore Horror, Volume 2

Start your review of Year's Best Hardcore Horror, Volume 2
Janie C.
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The hurricane screamed itself raw with its booming voice and electric words, and the girl took each strike, each hit, as her ragdoll body wasflung side to side, beaten and bloody near the front door of her mind." These wordswere born from the darkly creative mind of Stephanie M. Wytovich, one of the twenty-one authors included in this visceral yet cerebral collection. There is a hurricane brewing, both physically and psychically, and each of these stories and poemstakes its turn as the eye. The ...more
Bill
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
An eclectic mix of dark fiction writers – some established, some obvious up-and-comers, dish out twenty-one tales of terror with plenty of blood and gore to sate the most hardcore horror fans.

Randy Chandler and Cheryl Mullenax certainly did their homework with this one and put together a solid collection of shorts. Not a stinker in the bunch. 4+ Stars and Highly Recommended!

*I received an advanced readers copy of this work from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This was it.

Thank
Nathan Robinson
Year’s Best Hardcore Horror: Volume 2. Edited by Randy Chandler and Cheryl Mullenax. Narrated by Joe Hempel. Published by Comet Press.

Selected from indie publishers and magazines such as Weirdpunk Books, Necro Publications, Splatterpunk Zine, Corner Bar Magazine, Carrion Blue and Raw Dog Screaming Press, these stories represent the state of the art of extreme horror fiction. Whether extreme in theme or with gore galore, these disturbing tales will be hard to forget even though you may wish you
Bob Platypire
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I requested and was granted an audible code for this audio edition*
This. This is not for the faint of heart, y’all. It’s a deliciously macabre collection. I was super into a lot of them, and started off making short reviews of each story, but only got through 3. Sorry! Part of the reason I like audio books is so that I can do household chores, drive, go for a walk or jog, or go fishing while I listen to the book, so I wasn’t able to keep track. I WILL give you the few I did get, though! With no
AudioBookReviewer
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
My original Year's Best Hardcore Horror: Volume 2 audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

This is an anthology of 21 terror-inducing stories by 21 authors and while some stories are shorter than others, their gruesomeness was no less. I was a bit lost in the first story – 55 Ways I’d Prefer Not to Die – as it seemed disjointed (I am assuming I missed that it was going to list in one or two sentences the horrible ways one can die).

While I enjoy (nay, LOVE) horror, I am
Rabid Reader
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This audiobook is an eclectic mix of short hard core horror stories and poems. It is gritty, graphic, gruesome and often disturbing. From demons into BDSM, graphic dismemberment, serial killers, gross fae and alien invaders; these no holds barred tales from a variety of authors will appeals to the hard core loves. Even though I found some of the tales were a bit much for my tastes, the great narration kept me listening. Hempel did a great job of entertaining and definitely brought the horror of ...more
Dean Kuhta
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading "The Girl Who Loved Bruce Campbell" by Christa Carmen. As a life-long fan of Evil Dead and all things Bruce Campbell, I loved the blood-splattered action sequences and clever one liners. Christa's story telling is very well written and engaging. Even the Groovy-One himself retweeted this story. What more could a fan ask for? Great work by Christa and Comet Press!
Nicole
Totally stoked and lucky to have gotten my hands on a review copy of this book. With heavy hitting, no holds barred authors like Wrath James White and Adam Cesare contributing I knew I was In for a disturbing and stomach churning read. YBHH2 never wavered in delivering the nasty. From a rather disgusting fairy to a nightmarish glimpse of those prize claw machines, YBBH2 is simply a must have for fellow hardcore horror aficionado's!
The only thing I didn't like was that unlike the first book
Elena Alvarez Dosil
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review originally published at: http://www.lomeraniel.com/audiobookre...

I received a copy of this book in audio format from the narrator in exchange for an honest review.

These are twenty one short horror stories from indie authors. They all explore different sides of horror: from psychological to gore, and in some occasions with a mix of science-fiction too, those were my favorites.

I am not usually one to go for short stories, but I was curious about this one. And it was a hell of a listen!
Daniela
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, so here it goes:
I read the first volume of this anthology and fell in love, so it's not really a surprise that I loved volume two as well.
The editors made a fantastic job compiling stories that show a wide range of writing styles and also different approaches to what hardcore horror may be.
There's something for everyone here, from the expected over the top gore, to psychological suffering and not a single dull
Gary Smith
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. It did have a few good stories. Even some of the disturbing poetry was good. However, some of the stories appeared to be written under the influence of acid if that makes sense? Same with some of the poetry. We all get shock value, that's great, but it can reach a point where its overused and when its overused it turns into a melting pot of nonsense. Still a decent read. I loved volume one. Were see what volume three has to offer.
Sea Caummisar
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this anthology as much as the first one. i really love the author's notes at the end of the stories. I listened to the audiobook and loved it. It was hilarious when the male narrator sounded liked prissy chics. He did a great job.
I actually fell asleep listening to this and had a crazy nightmare. That's a bonus! I loved it
Corey
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I discovered this one on the Goodreads app and decided to give it a try. I enjoyed it for the most part, although there were a couple of stories (those involving BDSM and cannibalism) which were a little over the top for my tastes; more explicit and disgusting than the stuff by J A Konrath I've read. Ironically, the longest stories on this collection were the ones I enjoyed the most.
Angie
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great! I loved it just as much as the first Volume. The narration is excellent. It is refreshing to hear stories that actually make me cringe. I've listened to a lot of horror stories and most don't have much impact on me. Almost all the stories in this anthology were riveting.
Brian Mcclain
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid anthology with a bunch of good stories from some of the best authors in the hardcore/extreme horror arena in addition to some I've not heard of but will seek out in the future. Narration was great as well.
John Beauchamp
May 13, 2018
Laronza Wiley-moore
Sep 26, 2017
Christa
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lisa
« previous 1 3 next »
Audiobooks: Year's Best Hardcore Horror Volume 2 7 15 Jun 08, 2017 12:16PM

• Insane Bastards
  • Woom
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 5: Scary Ghosts, Monsters, Demons, and Hauntings (Supernatural Suspense Collection, #5)
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 7
  • Cows
  • D.O.A. II - Extreme Horror Collection
  • Vampiro and Other Strange Tales of the Macabre
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 6: Scary Ghosts, Monsters, Demons, and Hauntings (Supernatural Suspense Collection)
  • 2017: A Year of Horror and Pain, Part One
  • Kink
  • This is Gonna Hurt (Scare Street Horror Short Stories, #3)
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 8
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 9
  • Hotel Z
  • The Blood Makes It Real
  • Behind The Red Curtain
  • Perfect Little Monsters and Other Stories
  • The Yuletide Butcher
“Every night at 2:37 a.m., I walk outside my apartment complex, naked, and I stand in the middle of the road and scream. I scream loud enough to wake up my neighbors, long enough that my voice goes hoarse. One time, I almost got hit by” 0 likes