Start by marking “The Jurassic Chronicles (Future Chronicles)” as Want to Read:
The Jurassic Chronicles (Future Chronicles)

The Jurassic Chronicles

(The Future Chronicles)

Journey back to the most incredible adventure of all, back through the gates of the Jurassic era, back to a time when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

In this title in the acclaimed Future Chronicles series of speculative fiction anthologies created by award-winning author Samuel Peralta, thirteen authors assemble an array of astonishing tales around creatures extinct for eons,
Published January 27th 2017 by Windrift Books

To ask other readers questions about The Jurassic Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jurassic Chronicles

Montzalee Wittmann
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
A fairly good book

My favorite story of the book was the first story. I would give it 5 stars. The rest of the stories are mostly 3 stars with an occasional 4 star.
Arun Divakar
Mar 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Finding a book full of short stories that featured dinosaurs felt just about great when I started this book. What better entertainment than to spend time with dinosaurs on the rampage and humans trying desperately to escape from them ? While I did find a few stories in this collection along this vein, most were totally off the mark. There are dino-human hybrids, lands lost in time, experiments gone wrong and so on but they were not what I was looking for. Most of the stories were lacklustre and ...more
Michael Hicks
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Samuel Peralta's series of Future Chronicles anthologies always provide a solid mix of indie and traditionally-published authors who are able to present their Big Ideas in short story format. This time around, the uniting theme is ... wait for it!... DINOSAURS! Who doesn't love a spec fic dinotopia mash-up? I'm not going to cover every story in this anthology, but below are some of my favorites.

The Jurassic Chronicles gets off to a strong start with Anthony J. Melchiorri's "Fatal Mutation," a ne
Angela
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sff, short-stories, owned
Wow, I wasn't expecting this to be as good as it was with the relative lack exposure. I bought this on a whim, fondly remembering the Dinosaur Fantastic anthology I read as a teen, and my dino obsessed two year old picked it when I couldn't decide what to read next and handed her my Kindle.

I overuse the word solid when describing short stories but alas, I'm s creature of habit. This was very solid-- there aren't tons of stories that haunted me later but honestly there wasn't a "bad" one in the b
Charles  van Buren
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
The Good, the Bad, the Indifferent

If you are looking for stories in the JURASSIC PARK vein, you might be disappointed with this volume. Some of the stories are only very peripherally dinosaur stories. One or two feature characters who are dinosaurs, have evolved from dinosaur-like creatures or have had themselves medically altered into something similar to dinosaurs. In most of the stories of this type, it does not really matter to the plot what kind of creatures the characters are. Some of thes
Theresa
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Jurassic Chronicles

Fatal Mutation by Anthony J. Melchiorri
Fatal Mutation is a short story that brings to question the ideas and work of Jack Holder, the scientist that theorized that we could take Chickens and genetically select for dinosaur phenotypes. Like all great science fiction, what would the reality of the process prevale?
Mr. Melchiorri uses his character Ana Dellaporta from his series Black Market DNA as the main character in the short story.

Noble savage by Terry Maggert
What is t
Andreea
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the first anthology I have ever read, and I loved it! I can't believe I haven't read any until now, but I am also happy that I had such an awesome experience with the Jurassic Chronicles. The stories are as different as interesting, and I found myself asking for more with each story. They were entertaining, filled with futuristic imagination and, most of all, dinosaurs.

And now I'm making this year's purpose to read all of Samuel Peralta's anthologies. You should too, otherwise
Michelle
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
All of the stories in this anthology are good, and with hard SF, high fantasy, riffs on Jurassic Park, and even a Raymond Chandler-type story, there's something for everyone. Also: dinosaurs.
Randall Andrews
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great anthology!

I really enjoyed the wide variety of stories revolving around dinosaurs. Great authors, great stories, now I want the print version!
Kathy Ann'tie
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is not my usual type of book, however I did enjoy a lot of the stories quite a bit. They were very well written and quite entertaining. Many of these authors I have never read any of their work but I can see myself picking up their stuff.
Isabeau
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rawr (means I love you in dinosaur)

This is a delightful anthology for fans of dinosaurs and science fiction. The concepts are as varied as breeds of dinosaurs, and the stories are all excellent. Impossible to pick a favorite. If you like Jurassic Park, this is a must-read.
Ernie Luis
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Homerun

Another homerun for the Future Chronicles. Blending bestselling names with the best up and coming authors. Want to find your next favorite author? Pick up a Future Chronicles title. I just found a few of mine in this one.
Shervin Jamali
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I rather enjoyed this collection of stories with one central theme: dinosaurs. The writing is stellar from top to bottom. Even the one or two less impressive tales would still garner a three star rating. Stant Litore's contribution is the cream of the crop, but there are a couple of others that are close seconds.
M.R.
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read it all in one day. Great short stories by some awesome authors. I'm never disappointed by the Future Chronicles.
Jd weber
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was very excited to read this book. I was familiar with Victor Milan's Dinosaur Lords and honestly just love dinos. Unfortunately, this book definitely did not really deliver as advertised (or at least not how I imagined it should have / what I thought I would be reading).

There are dinosaurs in the book but that is kind of the only engagement with the theme of the anthology. I think the story that most exemplified what I felt the anthology should have been composed of was Harry Manners' "Szcar
Donna
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dinosaurs stories...what more could you want!

Another solid book in the Future Chronicle series, this time featuring dinosaurs! As usual, all great stories but I really loved this one as I love dinosaurs. Well done to all that contributed, each story was excellent, enjoyable and very readable.
Chrystal Roe
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun!

There are lots of different types of dinosaur stories in this book, so you're bound to find something you like. I love dinosaurs and this book was a blast for me. I hope you pick up a copy of your own. You won't be sorry.
Jen
Bumped up my review from 3 to 4 stars just because of Seanan McGuire's story. It was amazing and well worth the price of admission.
Charl
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: y2018
I liked it. A good, fun read for any fan of dinosaurs. Like all the Chronicles series, the range of stories was excellent. Worth reading.
Rocko
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You have to get this one...

This one is really cool, different, and has some GREAT ideas in it. Definitely worth reading. You wont be wasting your time.

Dcdfn
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great collection. It reminded me of the old science fiction books I read as a kid. Plus, there were authors I wasn't familiar with so now I have even more great books to read.
Lyn Mckenzie
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
So far i have only read three of the books in this anthology and will update this review once i have finished it, here are my thoughts so far

Fatal Mutation by Anthony J Melchiorri - 4*
I have never read any books by this author before so didnt know what to expect from this story, i have to say that i did really enjoy this book and i will definitely be looking to read more of his work after seeing the quality of this authors work.
This is a very creative and imaginative tale that is a very enjoyabl
Norma
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, collection, reviewed, s-f
"How can you be evil?... You're wearing a bow tie."
Surely, as children, we have all been entranced, awed by the mighty restored skeleton of a museum dinosaur or the huge footprint carefully reproduced? And haven't we all shaken with delicious terror at stories of transported travellers lost in time and fighting for their lives? And then there was Juassic Park ...
We grow up but the thrill remains, perhaps buried, like the dinos themselves, but still there ready to be reborn. In this book thirteen
Rebecca McChesney
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A lot of fun

I have never quite grown out of my dinosaur phase, which means I thoroughly enjoyed this anthology. There's something for everyone.
Karen
I'm a huge fan of anthologies,because I never fail to discover new authors to add to my TBR list.This collection starts out with a bang with Fatal Mutation by Anthony J.Melchiorri.I was fascinated with the characters and was left wanting to know more about this world he created.The standout in this collection was Nobel Savage by Terry Maggart and I really hope he plans adding more books set in this world. Szcar & Rsqo;s Trial by Harry Manners had me emotionally engaged and rooting for Szcar. ...more
Cmoore
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best part about Samuel Peralta edited books are the authors! Authors like Zen DiPietro, who is a self proclaimed Browncoat/Trekkie/Whovian... In other words my kind of people! You can tell that all the writers have a real passion for dinosaurs. They tackle the theme from divergent angles, and with great gusto! From retroengineered DNA, to matriarchal  dinosaurs... I was even  surprised to see an old friend show up, Glitch Mitchell, and he's up to his eyeballs in Killer Dinosaurs with a side ...more
Kristin Dutt
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once again Samuel Peralta does a fantastic job of creating another part of the "The Future Chronicles" As always I'm always impressed with the these books. So far I have had the pleasure of at least 8 from The Future Chronicles. While this is speculative fiction I was hoping for more dinosaurs. That was the only disappointing point. Samuel handpicked some fantastic authors but not all of the stories I felt fit quite in with this theme.

Since this is a collection of authors I want to mention my f
Marion Buehring
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a pretty good collection of shorts

For the most part I enjoyed reading this book. Some stories were not as good as the rest, but that's just personal preference. Poor editing is a pet peave of mine. I have yet to find a book that did not have some sort of typo or word choice error. This is no exception. About 60% into the book I read "His raises his hand" and I had to put the book down. Didn't pick it back up for a week. But I did finish it. Overall a good collection.
Andi
Feb 01, 2017 is currently reading it
What kid doesn't harbor a secret, or in most cases, not so secret love of dinosaurs? For many of us, this love is carried into adulthood. This collection of stories is for those who still love dinosaurs, in all of their glory.

Anthony Mechiorn's Fatal Mutation is a quick trip into the future. Clones and dinosaurs, what could go wrong? In fact, one of my favorite lines was "Jurassic Park got it all wrong." I enjoyed this story's take on the future of chicken.

The themes in Terry Maggert's Noble Sav
Teri
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ugly by Laxmi Hariharan - Beauty is not only in the eye of the beholder it is truly only skin deep. What is inside a person should never be discounted for what we see and that fact is pointed out in this author's short story. Great read with a lot happening in a short period of time as we are introduced to her delima, who does she trust? The hunky guy or the ugly one with little or no information and background.

Wonderful story from an author whose writing has made her one of my favorites to foll
« previous 1 3 next »
Samuel Peralta is a physicist and storyteller.

Known primarily for his short fiction, he is also a novelist, the author of "The Zoo at the End of the World", and the creator and series editor of the acclaimed "Future Chronicles" speculative anthologies, numbering a score of bestselling titles.

Peralta's writing has been spotlighted in Best American Poetry, selected for Best American Science Fictio

The Future Chronicles (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • The Future Chronicles: Special Edition  (The Future Chronicles)
  • The A.I. Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Dragon Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Z Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Immortality Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Time Travel Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Galaxy Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Cyborg Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • The Doomsday Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • Chronicle Worlds: Feyland (The Future Chronicles)