Start by marking “Immortal Musings” as Want to Read:

Read Book* *Different edition

Immortal Musings

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
This is an alternate cover edition for B006KIVY9C

A collection of poetic works captured from the immortal consciousness of poet/author Bard Constantine. Surreal and poignant dreams of beauty, pain, love and madness. A trek through time, space, and the mystery of the human experience... "She is tired. Tired of the whispers, the stares, the contempt from strangers, the falsi
Published January 2017 by Non Omnis Moriar (first published July 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Musings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Musings

Cheryl
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
A roller coaster ride of emotions.

I love the topic of immortality. Not the vampire kind with a need for blood and whatnot. Just...living forever. Never dying? That's intense. If you never die, are you really living? WHOA. Philosophy ftw.

Bard Constantine's collection of poetic works is powerful and emotional. You can pump through all the poems in less than an hour, which is amazing, but they linger in your mind far longer after you finish. Tales of love, hate, life, death, lovers, yearners, time,
Allison
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He makes things come alive from a perspective I would have not thought up, which I am thankful for. It's all about death and life and pain and love; an interesting mix all around.
I only hope that what I got out of reading the poems was what Bard Constantine intended for readers to get out. (I can never escape the feeling that maybe I'm reading poems wrong, not specifically these ones though).
The poems were well written none the less. And they are short, so its an easy book to put down and pick
Roger Royer
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

First let me say that it sometimes takes me a while to read good poetry and I found this poetry very good. The style and feel of the verse is amazing, it flows so very well it is like music in your head at times. Some of the poems are very dark and show a depressed side of nature both human and natural and some is amazingly uplifting even though I doubt that is the way it was meant.

Personally some of my favorites include "The Tempest", "Bard of Darkness" and "Moments".

I am very glad I discovere
Kirsten Milliron
Definitely unlike any poetry I have ever read before, and in a very good way.

Bard's voice is dark, noir, gritty, and seamlessly flowing to paint his words on the canvas which is poetry. It's great to read all at once, or in small reads.

I'm not doing the best financially, but once I do, this taste of Bard Constantine has me ready for more, and I plan on buying more of his works and encouraging everyone else to do so, which is quite saying something considering I've never been a fan of noir works.
Michelle Ehrich
Jan 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book for free from Goodreads through the First Reads program.

I don't read much poetry, so I'm not sure I'm well qualified to write this review. Overall, I enjoyed it. The author does a good job of creating visual imagery in my mind while still allowing the deeper meaning to shine through.
Megan Haynes
Won this in the First Reads giveaway! Thank you to Bard Constantine for sending it :)

I liked it. Good poetry to me, but, of course, I'm not an expert :p

However, poetry is sooo not my thing and I found myself zoning out while reading. Always happens. Ya know.

So, if you like poetry, then read this; It's interesting and short, so you'll like this.
Chad Cowgill
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These poems were so descriptive. I could see the pictures in my mind. It is also very dark and contains many different types of poems and characters. The rhymes were well laid out and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Luz
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won, 2012, poetry
Won this on First Reads!
Bards poems were dark and beautifully vivid. I loved his descriptions and felt his agony, longing, desire in each poem.
You'll love this if you like dark poetry as much as I do!
Steveski
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very excellent poems, much better then I expected.
Carmel Audsley
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Poetry in motion
How wonderful to read a book of beautiful poetry by a writer who cherishes words and knows how to weave them together. In a world where communication is increasingly reduced to 10-second soundbites and 140 characters, it is refreshing to read the work of a truly accomplished modern poet who has taken the time to express himself so eloquently. I majored in literature and it has been many years since I have read lines like ‘intentions fall like diamond dust across skies of golden a
Serena
Jan 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gr-giveaways, poetry
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I have won this book through the Goodreads Giveaways.

My Rating System:
Sep 02, 2013
Beverly Harris
Jan 30, 2013
Bard Constantine
Jan 07, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Esther
Crystal
Jul 23, 2012
Lisa
Jul 24, 2012
Goodreads Librari...: Replacement covers, please help 3 164 May 02, 2013 12:08AM
¡ POETRY !: Book Giveaway! 1 10 Jan 19, 2012 07:01PM
This is where I get the chance to explain myself. Listen very carefully because you can’t hear the written word. If you could, it would sound like keyboard clicks, with the ghostly echoes of typewriter strokes haunted by the soft whisper of pen or pencil intimately caressing the page.

I am a writer.

What I do with that occupation is hopefully captivate your attention for a few brief moments, take yo
More about Bard Constantine