Start by marking “Who Did That? A Whodunit for Children” as Want to Read:
Who Did That? A Whodunit for Children

Who Did That? A Whodunit for Children

Published 2018 by Crackboom!

To ask other readers questions about Who Did That? A Whodunit for Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Did That? A Whodunit for Children

Start your review of Who Did That? A Whodunit for Children
Jon Nakapalau
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great first detective story! Loved the art!
Sadaf sarkar
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received the book for netgalley in exchange for a honest review.
The book is surprising mysterious . I had not expected any sort mystery from it considering it was a children's book . The illustrations are beautiful and the sentences short and meaningful . The book can used to introduce various day to day articles to the child . Moreover the ending also contains a moral message on politeness.
Overall I recommend this book for introducing mystery to children. the
Mimi
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very cute, adorable to read with kids. And the illustration of the beaver on the moped ist just soooo cute.

I received a copy through Netgalley.
Etienne
Sep 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
... not good. The illustrations are very average. There is actually no story and the «Who did it?» par is so easy that children will saw it from a mile away, unless the don,t know what a beaver is of course... Really a book you can pass on!
Dana-Adriana B.
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
It is a nice book about a beaver, but the illustrations are not so cute. Thanks Netgalley and the publisher for this copy.
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a cute enough story, though the answer that a Beaver was who was gnawing through everything was telegraphed early on. So the big reveal was not all that surprising.

Who did that

The best part of the book, however, comes when they try to stop the beaver by force, and imprisonment, rather than, as this little girl in the picture below, asking him or her to stop chewing everything up.

Who did that

Yes, asking.Diplomacy. Communications. All good morals to the story.

Thanks to Netgalley for making this book available for
January Gray
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not what I was expecting at all. Too quick and very boring. I would not call this a whodoneit. My kids thought it was too short as well.
Margaret Boling
7/8/2019 ~ Readers & listeners will start to notice the beaver's tale and foot prints at the scenes of the crimes. This book can spark useful conversations about the importance of looking closely at the illustrations. I did feel that the resolution was a bit too abrupt; I would have enjoyed more give & take between the beaver and the girl near the end of the story.
Brittany Smith
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was very disappointed with this book. I was expecting it to be an investigative sort of question and answer book. I figured it would ask “could it have been the Lumberjack” and then answered “No! because he was working in the forest” or something like that. Where the kids have to search the pages for clues. Instead it lists the things that were broken and then lists 4 possible suspects and then just tells you who it really was.

Also, the language didn’t flow right. It was choppy and hard to
Theediscerning
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A witty and whimsical look at a world where everything gets nibbled and gnawed at, by some unknown assailant. Well, it's not exactly impossible to work out – and I hope the target audience's older, smutty siblings don't pick this up and read the exclamation upon the culprit being found out. It looks great, but I don't think it has the best of morals – career criminals can just disappear because they're asked to stop what they're doing? Such a thing might be the intention of every nursery and ...more
Paul Franco
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This isn’t really meant as a whodunit, as any children who know about a particular animal will figure it out. . . and if they don’t know the animal, it won’t mean anything to them anyway. No, this is about a moral, or how a child can be smarter than adults by being simplistic, or something like that.
The story’s also simplistic. It’s a cute tale, but it’s doubtful that this will become one of those books that a kid will want to read or have read to them over and over. Let’s hope the townspeople
Wayne McCoy
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
'Who Did That? A Whodunit for Children' by Job, Joris and Marieke is a crime story for kids.

All through the town, things are being cut in half. A seesaw, a fishing rod, a hockey stick and a traffic light are just a few of the vandalized items. Who could be doing it? There are a few suspects before the real culprit is found.

There is a lesson about kindness and consideration. I liked the illustrations. It's a cute enough story, but it didn't really stand out for me.

I received a review copy of
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley and Chouette Publishing/CrackBoom! Books for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

3 stars.

Im 50/50 about this book. I wasn't too keen on the illustrations. They weren't bad, but they weren't that good either. Just not my style I guess but the colours were well chosen. The story was only OK, but there was one page that did make me smile because it sounded funny and that was when they decided to put Beaver in jail. I guess I can see why kids would like it
Meg
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
Cute, but really only a "whodunnit" for YOUNG children. I'd do this book with kiddos 6 and under; any older kids will have figured it out and be bored already by the second or third page.

Could be fun for classroom use (logic, deduction), but too straightforward to be a true mystery (even for most kids).
Miss Sarah
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
A town is being vandalized and no one can figure out who is eating through things. Will anyone ever figure it out? Preschool and up
Kelly
All kinds of posts and poles are being gnawed in town! But who is doing it?
Ms Threlkeld
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
The mystery is quite obvious and the solution anticlimactic.
Rich Farrell
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The title is a bit misleading because it really isn’t much of a mystery, even for little ones, but it had some funny parts and the resolution of the conflict was nice.
Kelsey
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute and humorous, but everything is resolved *very* quickly, breaking up the flow of the story.
Nancy
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't want to brag but I figured out who done it by the cover....reading all that Agatha Christie is paying off!
Peter
Jun 12, 2019
Emmett
Feb 08, 2019
Jessica
rated it did not like it
Oct 27, 2018
Feb 08, 2019
Buickspotato
Sep 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Could you please add this cover? 3 19 Sep 06, 2018 09:19AM

• Tap the Magic Tree
  • Cinnamon
  • A Visitor for Bear
  • Circle
  • This Is a Whoopsie!
  • Home for a Bunny
  • The Great Go-Kart Race (Science)
  • Dog on a Frog?
  • Petra
  • A Lullaby of Summer Things
  • Little Owl's Snow
  • Worry Says What?
  • Crash, Splash, or Moo!
  • Max and Milo: Go to Sleep!
  • A Hundred Kisses Before Bedtime
  • The Construction Crew
  • Mama Loves You So (New Books for Newborns)
  • You Are Light
André Jobin is a comic book author who uses the pen name Job.