Jump to ratings and reviews

Milli

When twenty year old Eliza Cruz heads to London for the execution of her grandmamma’s will, she inadvertently triggers a series of events that take her straight to perdition, inside the devil’s lair itself.

But Sean O’Connor, the tall handsome stranger she meets en route, is always one step ahead, saving her life on a few occasions. A true Knight in shining armour.

But is he? If he really was a Knight, he’d be looking for a Princess.

Clearly, Eliza is not one.

“Shh… Quiet. Don’t let them hear you. Or else they’ll come. I don’t want them to come. This is my room. My space. A doll's house that I’ve been living in since they brought me here. No windows though. Just a small dog flap at the bottom, closed with a latch from outside. But still, it’s mine. It’s the only thing I have. Why? Trust me, knowledge is not power, no matter what everyone say.”

I’ve never heard of Marquis de Sade before. But having been forced to read about him in the small confined space I was imprisoned in, on my knees, with my bottom out of that wretched hole, I now know who Milli was. Her sexual gratification depended on suffering physical pain and humiliation imposed by others. And they are priming me for the same.

For the big cull, as they say.

300 pages, Kindle Edition

Published March 28, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Alexandra Iff

18 books181 followers
Alexandra, a singing and dancing force not to be reckoned with, especially when she holds a microphone, is someone who imagined her life will be just like in the film 'Grease'. So she found her 'Danny', married him and right at this moment she's admiring the Grease Lightning.
When she isn’t glued to her trusty laptop creating magic, Alexandra prowls the pits of twitter … find her there if you dare.
She's also known for her love of fast cars and high heels, which she has way too many pairs of. Correction, you can never have too many pairs of high heels!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
6 (12%)
1 star
1 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 30 reviews
Profile Image for The Sassy Bookworm.
3,261 reviews2,269 followers
March 20, 2017

description

descriptionI like this cover. It's a fairly good representation of the story. It has good (not perfect) composition. The typography though simple is unique. Personally, I would have placed that author's name below the title at the bottom. I think that would have improved the overall composition and made it pretty much perfect.description

description So this is one of those books that I am not entirely sure how to rate. If I rated it on enjoyment alone it would probably be 4-Stars. The plot was original and exciting. It had twists and turns galore. I was hooked from the first page right up until the end. In fact, I read it all in one go.

description

That said it wasn't particularly well written (the beginning was especially rough) and there were a few plot holes that I hope will be explained in book two. On top of that, the heroine was AWFUL. She is just 19 or 20 but acted like a spoiled brat of a child most of the time. This also ended in a cliffhanger that was more like the author just stopped writing and called it a day. It was VERY abrupt.

Overall though the uniqueness of the plot helped me overlook the above issues and I ended up enjoying this one a lot. I will definitely be on the lookout for book two when it becomes available.description

description
Profile Image for Sissy's Romance Book Review .
7,510 reviews16 followers
March 30, 2017
'Milli' by Alexandra Iff.
Please note this does end in a Cliffhanger.
This story starts with our main character Eliza living with her parents, finding out she was adopt and now her grandmother has died. Eliza mother is upset over the death of her mother and it hasn't been ruled out if it was murder or not. Eliza is asked by her parents to go to London for the reading of her grandmother's will. Eliza throws a fit and doesn't want to go but go she does. While at the airport she notices a hot guy watching her but when he comes over she gives him hell...and does so through the start of their flight. We learn the hot guy is Sean who is an FBI agent. When they land Eliza tries to leave him and hurry away which sets her up to get into a car with another guy that appears to be kidnapping her. But Sean comes to help get her out of the car. From their it seems to be one thing after another.
This was definitely a different type of story and at times it kept you guess on who is a good guy or not. I can't wait for the next installment to learn what is going to happen next!
"My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read."
Profile Image for Helen Simpson.
998 reviews25 followers
March 26, 2017
ANOTHER FANTASTIC BOOK FROM A GREAT AUTHOR. A DARK READ SOME MAY HAVE SOME TRIGGERS FOR SOME READERS. WELL WRITTEN AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD WORDS ABOUT THIS BOOK OTHER THAN I NEED BOOK 2 AS I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS I NEED ANSWERED HAHA.
Profile Image for Sheena.
957 reviews23 followers
March 24, 2017
This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads... this was such an original plot, both exciting and intense as the story oscillated between the present and the past and refused to give up it's secrets as page after page the reader was taken further down that proverbial rabbit hole.. unfortunately whilst the storyline was intriguing the delivery left me somewhat disappointed....

The plot moved swiftly but conversely the clumsiness of some of the prose interfered with the flow of the story, particularly at the beginning......in addition my credulity was stretched as the coincidences and holes in the storyline stacked up although I acknowledge that some of these may be resolved as the series progresses....

...the characters were rather two dimensional with the villains presented as caricatures ...and the heroine was truculent, gullible and immature....at one point she stated ' I should not apologize for my behavior. To anyone'...well actually for some of her behaviour she really should have.... and as a result I could not find it in me to like her....

I have thought about this long and hard... if I was scoring this book in a competition I would give it 4.5 for originality but for execution I would have to score 3.0 ...on balance there was enough twisted darkness and mystery to capture and hold my attention and the cliffhanger succeeded in ensuring that I will be reading the next instalment..... but this was genuinely a unique premise and it could and should have been so much better.....
Profile Image for Michelle Austin.
2,603 reviews30 followers
description

Milli was a suspenseful 5 star read.
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Eliza has to go to London to help settle her Grandmother's estate which will help her parents financially. She wasn’t really happy about having to go. At the airport she meets Sean a hot FBI agent. He ends up being on her flight and when they get to London he always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Why is he always there? Is he the good guy?

There are so many different things that happen, my head was spinning. I wasn’t sure who the good guys or bad guys were. When Eliza finds herself held captive she learns some very disturbing things about her family history.

Men are evil, and they will use you.

I have to say at first Eliza’s whining got on my nerves but that quickly changed once she got to London. She is a very innocent home schooled girl that gets thrown into a very dark and twisted world. There are several twists and turns that had me shocked. This is definitely a story line I have never read before. There is a heck of a cliffhanger that left me still wondering who the good guys are. I went back and forth so many times, I’m so confused. I am in need of the next book, I really need to know what happens.

Warning: There are some scenes that may be a trigger to some.

Alpha Book Club
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. Reviewed by MAustin from Alpha Book Club
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
10.8k reviews128 followers
March 30, 2017
Eliza Cruz is a twenty year who is sent to London for the execution of her Grandmamma's will, even though she didn't want to go. While there, she triggers a series of events that will change her life forever. As this story seemed to be some serious suspense, I'm not giving anymore than that. Let me start out by saying that I was confused for a minute at the beginning so it took me longer to read, but once I got past that, I couldn't turn the pages quickly enough. Diabolical twists and turns around every corner had the loud f-bomb parade making circles through my house, as I never saw most of them coming. The plot really intrigued me, as it was highly original, but I didn't bond to the characters as well as I could have. Alexandra Iff showed a talented writing style, which kept me reading to the end. Now that I got deep into the story, I was left hanging, with all kinds of questions unanswered, so I must add her to the list of authors trying to KILL ME! And that next book can't come quickly enough, so I'll just end with HIGHLY RECOMMENDING Milli to all!
Profile Image for jay grange.
68 reviews1 follower
Reviewed for Hooked On Books and CherryOBlossoms Promotions
OMG!!!! didnt think I was going to get into this but im so glad I stuck at it!!! great story such a cliffhanger ending!!! give me the next one!!!!Warner
Profile Image for Lena.
1,483 reviews14 followers
March 26, 2017
Wow! I didn't see that coming!
I expected a good book, entertaining book, since I already read another book from this Author - 'More than just a pair of pumps'.
What I got was a book that had more. A story of today, combined with history that were entangled with three generations and more. Milli was from the beginning Marquis de Sade 'lover' and now we are generations later and we follow what could have happened.
Read the blurb to get the story, but you must also read the book. It's so much more than the blurb.
The other day I talked to someone about Marquis de Sade and the books he wrote. The diskussion was if to read the books or only see the movie. I thought the books repeated them selves after a while, when I read them. Maybe I need to read them again and find Milli.
If you want something that capture yourself and is not ordinary, you must read this.
Profile Image for Jessica.
499 reviews1 follower
March 26, 2017
It's funny, intense and mind blowing

This is a different book from Ms. Alexandra Iff. It's funny, intense and mind blowing. It's sweet and emotional as well. Its a whirlwind of emotions when you read Milli. It is so good that you cannot put it down.

It is very adventurous as well. I have never been to London and reading this book gives me an insight what this country offers for tourist. The book is very hot if you know Alexandra that well, you might do not need your panties.

This is very suspense, heart thumping and full of twist. Be prepare for a bumpy ride. I enjoyed reading this book. I am looking forward for the next book.
Profile Image for Honey.
227 reviews
April 24, 2020
Horrible

Beyond horrible. I almost didn't finish it. Sean, is vile and disgusting. So is every man poor Eliza encounters. I really hope she terminates if she ends up pregnant and gets a hysterectomy too! It would serve each of those immoral, repulsive men who want to rape her! Sean is the worst by far! THIS IS NOT ROMANCE. IT is rape and non-consensual.
Profile Image for lovestoread.
841 reviews7 followers
December 31, 2017
A disturbing read, psychological thriller. I was held in suspense throughout and was surprised at times by the events that occurred. Enjoyed reading it, but find I was unsettled as I read and even after.
2 reviews
October 10, 2019
I'm an old lady & my major in college was Psychology though became a nurse. I've read all Iff's novels & all excellent entertainment, providing mystery, romance, thrilling, great sex, & would love to read 2nd book to "Milli" paperback or hardback please, A. K.
Profile Image for H.B. Jasick.
Author 14 books122 followers
Unexpected

This is like no story I've ever read before. I was not sure what to expect from one moment to the next. Some parts slowed a little bit, but like a filler episode on television, it was leading up to the next moment. I still don't know who to trust, or where the story will go next, but I can't wait to find out. I would recommend this to anyone that likes the challenge of trying to figure out mysterious situations. Maybe then, they could help me!

Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Profile Image for Badh.
3,226 reviews55 followers
June 6, 2018
Wtf?

Oh man, I don't know what I just read. What a mindfrak. I need the next one now, please and thank you.
Profile Image for AnessaRenee Reviews .
311 reviews8 followers
March 12, 2017
Talk about fascinating. This story was definitely my kind of book. You ever read that book that just simply draws you in right from the start. That was this book. This author knows how to spin a tale and keep you interested until the very end. Don't read any spoilers just read this book. The blurb alone gives you an idea of what your walking into but you definitely want to just read this book and be surprised like I was. Love this author. Also was my first book from this author.

reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Profile Image for Saskia.
1,760 reviews51 followers
March 17, 2017
More of a 2,5 star. This is the first book I have ever read by this author. The story is about Eliza who has to travel to London to settle her grandmothers affairs. From the moment she boards the plane strange things start happening to her. She keeps getting rescued by CIA agent Sean, but can she trust him? The writing is fine and I liked the actual story, but I could’t stand the main character. She is 21 but acted like a whiney teenager and she is so clueless about the basic facts of life that it just isn’t believeable and even annoying. The book ends in a cliffhanger.
Profile Image for Jennifer Zamora.
325 reviews9 followers
February 22, 2017
3.5 from me
I really like the overall storyline. I also really enjoyed the characters (see note) and the plot. I have a few issues. The biggest issue for me is the heroine in this book, she is horrible for me. I found her to be unrealistically annoying, whiny and just plain immature. I cited several parts of the books to friends and asked how old they felt the character was and all answered between 12-14. She is a woman in her 20s. I understand the shetered life etc, but felt it was a little over the top. My other main issue us that this is one of "those books" that has no ending.... It forces the reader to get the next book in the series. I think it could have easily have been finished in this one and maybe have a 2nd as a continuation.
Profile Image for Kathy West.
1,111 reviews26 followers
July 2, 2022
5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️- Excellent - Highly Recommended
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - A good, solid read
3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ - An okay read
2 ⭐️⭐️ - Meh
1 ⭐️ - Not my cup of tea
Profile Image for Sharon Betts.
273 reviews7 followers
March 27, 2017
Alexandra Iff has written a fabulous book that I really enjoyed, though it ends on a bit of a cliff hanger! I'm itching to read the rest of the story.

Milli is a hard character to really connect with - she's had a sheltered upbringing, and seems selfish and immature. But there is plenty of intrigue and glimpses into the past - a past that has a bearing on Milli's present. The first half of the book felt like I was reading a thriller, then as more back story unfolds, you are left wondering how she would escape the situation. You are constantly questioning who you can trust, and I'm still not sure! The suspense! OMG I need the next book soon!
Profile Image for Becky Baldridge.
3,176 reviews96 followers
March 28, 2017
I had a really hard time rating this one. On the one hand, the book is well-written and the storyline is quite unique. I love a good dark tale and this one had so much potential. On the other hand, the problems, for me, were many. First and foremost, I understand that Eliza has been sheltered and she's innocent, but no one with internet access and freedom to leave the home in this day and age can be THAT innocent. She's supposedly so innocent that she has no clue what an orgasm is and believes that touching herself will cause her to go blind, but she uses the "f" word quite frequently. Furthermore, she's whiny, rude, and annoying which didn't make her likable at all. The coincidences, or set ups, or whatever the correct word for it, were numerous and became a bit ridiculous. Those things aside, the story is fast-paced and I was interested enough to want to see how it ended, right up until the cliffhanger! At this point, I'm just thoroughly aggravated and honestly, not very interested in reading another part to this one. To sum up, I gave this one 3-stars to be fair. It did hold my interest throughout much of the book. It should also be noted that there are triggers of sexual assault.
Profile Image for Katrina.
737 reviews11 followers
March 28, 2017
Eliza is a 20 year old American woman who has been sheltered for all her life. After recently finding out she is adopted, and that her mother is ill, she is sent to England t0 settle her grandmother's estate. From the moment Eliza sets foot on U.K soil. her life as she knows it is filled with danger. She is almost kidnapped and the sexy man who rescues her seems very mysterious. Can she trust him, or is he somehow caught up in this whole mess she finds herself in? What does Eliza have in common with the woman named Milli who is integral in the subplot.
Milli is an interesting story which ends on a cliffhanger. I had no idea it was not a standalone story, so was surprised when it ended. That said, it made perfect sense as something tells me there is a lot more to this intense story and there are plenty more questions to be answered. Looking forward to the next instalment!
Profile Image for A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog.
2,814 reviews145 followers
3.5 Stars

I haven’t read anything by Alexandra Iff before and this turned out to be a very interesting, twisted, and disturbing story. I did find it to be confusing at times and some of the transitions were difficult to follow but, however overall it was a good story.

Milli is an interesting character; smart yet she’s also very naïve, sheltered, misinformed, when it comes to men, sex, the outside world in general. It was a bit worrisome in a funny kind of way but it makes sense as you read along. It is a cryptic story that goes back and forth between her grandmother’s past and her present. I wish I knew more about the past and her ancestors’ history, I felt I needed more details. It would also be good to know more about her mother and her upbringing and knowledge of the “club”.

Sean is secretive; I am suspicious of everyone in a story like this one, it’s written in that way that I trusted no one. I loved how he talked to her in a serious way but tried to keep it light, in an encouraging kind of way to help her understand new feelings and situations (so much more I wish I could say…….). I’m still not sure about him.

I enjoyed this story even as I felt the horribleness of it, I was so absorbed in it I couldn’t stop reading. So I honestly wasn’t sure what to rate it until I started writing this. When I got emotional, actually cried it was obvious that the characters must have left some type of impact on me. At the same time and it’s a bit unsettling to say, but I’m looking forward to the next one. I really hope to get a few more answers for past, present, and future.
Profile Image for Tracie Simister.
709 reviews29 followers

Character’s Descriptions:
Eliza Cruz
Sean O’Connor
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-<
What I liked/Didn’t Like: This is my first book by this author and it was interesting. I would have given it 5 stars if it had not been hard for me to follow the storyline. The characters were well thought out.
Profile Image for Kathleen R..
1,389 reviews43 followers
March 29, 2017
Title: Milli
Author: Alexandra Iff

4 unexpected stars

I needed to take a bit of time before writing my review for Miili because, not only is this one of the 'darker' novels I've come across from Alexandra Iff, but it also left me literally crying out 'what the heck? That's it?' When Eliza's grandmother suddenly dies, her father sends her to London to meet up with the solicitors to take care of the estate, and sell off what she can and come back home with the money that is needed for cancer treatments for her dying mother. Told a few months ago that she was adopted, Eliza's world was shattered and she questions everything, even goes so far as to be borderline rude when men approaches her. But one man, Sean O'Connell makes her question everything her mother has told her, depending on him more than ever as men try to kidnap her, telling her that she is Milli...

4 breath taking dreams

There is much more to the story than just what I've surmised, but to say more would be ruining the best parts of the story, which I won't do because even with my misgivings, I was really intrigued by Milli. For most of the book, I really didn't like Eliza ~ she was rude, a brat and acting as though it was the end of the world that her mother divulged the information that she did (on a hindsight, it can be devastating, but heck, she's had 6 months to come to terms with it before the death of her grandmother). The further I went in the book, my disposition towards the spoiled little girl warmed and i could relate (to a certain degree) to what she was going through. For sure I wondered how it was that Sean was able to be there each and every single time that Eliza's life was in danger and that simply created one more element of mystery and suspense that had me grossly captivated by this book. Considering that it's the first book of a series, which I'll admit I had NO idea about before starting, it ends in a cliffhanger (cue in the painful groans) and now I'm impatiently waiting for the next instalment because honestly, I couldn't believe it ended that way!!! For the first book in the Milli series, I liked it and can only hope that I'll find more connections with Eliza in the future rather than see the spoiled little girl that first made it to London.

*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Kathleen, The Small Girl from A small girl, her man and her books

50 Book Reviews
Professional Reader
Profile Image for Gretchen Anderson.
348 reviews65 followers
Eliza & Sean

Eliza is a home schooled kid. Not that this is a bad thing but she is very innocent. Like doesn’t know what an orgasm even IS innocent. Which even as a home schooled kid in her 20’s I think that’s unrealistic. She is also kind of annoying in that she seems……whiny in her innocence. She’s not strong & mature but innocent. She’s like 12 years old innocent. It’s just a little bit annoying and makes it a little hard to relate to her.

When she has to fly to London to handle her Grandmother’s estate she is thrown into things she has no clue about. She doesn’t want to be going but she meets Sean an FBI agent) at the airport and it doesn’t seem like it will be all bad after all. ☺

The thing is that Sean seems to “appear” everywhere. He’s always there when she needs him. Is it safe to trust him? Is he the good guy? It’s hard to tell.

When she is kidnapped there’s a lot of family history, suspense and even some humor. If the author is going for Dark Romance……it barely gets there for me. I guess it depends on your definition of a dark read. I’ve read extremely dark so this isn’t quite that for me. However, there are some sexual triggers in this book.

I enjoyed this book very much. There are good parts to this story despite the issues I had with it. There are twist and turns you don’t see coming and the way Ms. Iff writes is just fantastic. The story is great and kept me interested and the cliffhanger (which I normally hate) was enough to make me want to read the next book. Overall a very good set up to what could be a great series.

Highly Recommend!!!
Profile Image for Michelle Brown.
Author 41 books447 followers
March 31, 2017
I received a copy of this book for a voluntary honest review.

Overall I enjoyed the storyline as it was different and interesting. However I was a bit confused at parts and found some situations a bit lacking. The main female character was not one that I enjoyed too much and that may have been the largest reason for some of my feelings. I am not one that generally likes female characters that are meek or whiney. The overall writing was good. And I enjoyed Alexandra Iff's first dark novel. I look forward to reading part two so that I can have some lingering questions answered.
Profile Image for Catherine Coffman.
722 reviews6 followers
March 31, 2017
Eliza has been home schooled and sheltered all her life then her grandmother passed away and is sent to London because her mother is ill and her father can't go and they need the money. From the time she gets to the airport a strange series of events start to happen to her.

Sean is an FBI agent and meets Eliza on the plane. While on the plane there's chemistry between Eliza and Sean but her mom sways told her to never trust a man but the things she's feeling with Sean feel so right. Throughout the story Sean saves Eliza over and over but there's times you wonder what side he's on. A cult is after Eliza because she's the granddaughter of Milli.

I don't want to give to much away let's just say be sure to give this book your 100%. The story goes from present to past and back and forth and at times I had to go back and read a paragraph or two to understand but there's so much mystery, suspense and history I couldn't put it down. There are so many unanswered questions that I can't wait for the next book.
Profile Image for Melissa Miller-Mattern.
481 reviews9 followers
April 1, 2017
Reviewed for A Wanton Book Lover Blog

I really struggled with this book. The premise of the book was pretty straight forward. Eliza, is off to Europe to take care of her late grandmother's estate. She soon meets Sean, a FBI agent that ends-up coming to her rescue numerous times. While this is all happening in the present, the story goes back in time and we see glimpses of Millie and what her life was like. This book does end in a cliff hanger.
I had a hard time connecting to the character of Eliza. I thought she was very naive (she was supposed to be 21). She was whinny and seemed to lack in common sense. Overall, I just had a really hard time staying engaged with the story and has to force myself to finish the book.

Profile Image for United Indie Book Blog.
4,227 reviews78 followers
April 1, 2017
THIS REVIEW MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS
Each page of this book is a thrill ! But having said that I must warn you there's a major cliffhanger , well it left me wide eyed ,edgy and feeling like WTH ?!?!
Eliza heads to London to settle her grandmother's estate and I think the break comes at the right time as Eliza is upset with her folks , I understand their motives but secrets have a way of coming out and no matter how honorable the motive it's inevitable that someone is going to get hurt ...
In any case , her trip sets a series of events into motion and as the story progresses you start to put the puzzle together but Alexandra Iff is clever at blindsiding you and as you think you've got it , you don't , I could actually imagine her having a good chuckle especially with the cliffhanger ending.
Sean , our FBI knight in shining armor could melt a medieval chastity belt off a nun!
As I've mentioned each page of this read will keep you entertained and you're not always sure who is who and what their intentions are . All is not as it seems ,that's for sure !
I'm rather anxious to get my hands o the next book .....I need answers ...now would be great but I suppose good things come to those who wait
Profile Image for Sassy Southern Book Blog.
3,640 reviews215 followers
April 4, 2017
Hands down, one of the most unique, and intriguing plots I have ever read.
Eliza Cruz is sent to London by her parents to execute her grandmothers will. After a chance encounter on the airplane, and several other situations where her life is saved, Sean O'Conner seems like he's Eliza's savior. We learn, in fact, being a "milli" no one is safe. This book really made me dive into a history lesson-with learning just about who Marquis de Sade was. For the author to spur that much curiousity, there is absolutely something to be said. For generations, Eliza's female ancestors have essentially been tortured and withheld sexual gratification until they are first with their chosen partner and can produce an offspring-essentially, after that, every male gets a turn.
Though the plot is insanely unique, the heroine in this story completely falls flat. Shes a huge part of the story-and from the very first page comes off extremely annoying. I did have some issues with just how old she really was supposed to be- as most of the time, it seems like she was a preteen. Once you really accept the main character for who she is, and you finally piece together why she was kidnapped-the story ends. I would believe the second book is probably going to be very good-as this was solely laying the ground work for the story line. If you're looking for an extremely dark, intriguing read, Alexandra Iff really nails this plot. - Victoria
Displaying 1 - 30 of 30 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.