Start by marking “Milli” as Want to Read:
Milli

Milli

When twenty year old Eliza Cruz heads to London for the execution of her grandmamma’s will, she inadvertently triggers a series of events that take her straight to perdition, inside the devil’s lair itself.

But Sean O’Connor, the tall handsome stranger she meets en route, is always one step ahead, saving her life on a few occasions. A true Knight in shining armour.

But is
Published March 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Milli, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Milli

Start your review of Milli
Eve (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionI like this cover. It's a fairly good representation of the story. It has good (not perfect) composition. The typography though simple is unique. Personally, I would have placed that author's name below the title at the bottom. I think that would have improved the overall composition and made it pretty much perfect.description

description So this is one of those books that I am not entirely sure how to rate. If I rated it on enjoyment alone it would probably be 4-Stars. The plot was original and exciting. It had
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Milli' by Alexandra Iff.
Please note this does end in a Cliffhanger.
This story starts with our main character Eliza living with her parents, finding out she was adopt and now her grandmother has died. Eliza mother is upset over the death of her mother and it hasn't been ruled out if it was murder or not. Eliza is asked by her parents to go to London for the reading of her grandmother's will. Eliza throws a fit and doesn't want to go but go she does. While at the airport she notices a hot guy
Helen Simpson
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER FANTASTIC BOOK FROM A GREAT AUTHOR. A DARK READ SOME MAY HAVE SOME TRIGGERS FOR SOME READERS. WELL WRITTEN AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD WORDS ABOUT THIS BOOK OTHER THAN I NEED BOOK 2 AS I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS I NEED ANSWERED HAHA.
Sheena
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads... this was such an original plot, both exciting and intense as the story oscillated between the present and the past and refused to give up it's secrets as page after page the reader was taken further down that proverbial rabbit hole.. unfortunately whilst the storyline was intriguing the delivery left me somewhat disappointed....

The plot moved swiftly but conversely the clumsiness of some of the prose interfered with the flow of the story,
Michelle Austin
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

Milli was a suspenseful 5 star read.
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Eliza has to go to London to help settle her Grandmother's estate which will help her parents financially. She wasn’t really happy about having to go. At the airport she meets Sean a hot FBI agent. He ends up being on her flight and when they get to London he always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Why is he always there? Is he the good guy?

There are so many
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Eliza Cruz is a twenty year who is sent to London for the execution of her Grandmamma's will, even though she didn't want to go. While there, she triggers a series of events that will change her life forever. As this story seemed to be some serious suspense, I'm not giving anymore than that. Let me start out by saying that I was confused for a minute at the beginning so it took me longer to read, but once I got past that, I couldn't turn the pages quickly enough. Diabolical twists and turns ...more
jay grange
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Hooked On Books and CherryOBlossoms Promotions
OMG!!!! didnt think I was going to get into this but im so glad I stuck at it!!! great story such a cliffhanger ending!!! give me the next one!!!!Warner
Lena
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I didn't see that coming!
I expected a good book, entertaining book, since I already read another book from this Author - 'More than just a pair of pumps'.
What I got was a book that had more. A story of today, combined with history that were entangled with three generations and more. Milli was from the beginning Marquis de Sade 'lover' and now we are generations later and we follow what could have happened.
Read the blurb to get the story, but you must also read the book. It's so much more
Jessica
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's funny, intense and mind blowing

This is a different book from Ms. Alexandra Iff. It's funny, intense and mind blowing. It's sweet and emotional as well. Its a whirlwind of emotions when you read Milli. It is so good that you cannot put it down.

It is very adventurous as well. I have never been to London and reading this book gives me an insight what this country offers for tourist. The book is very hot if you know Alexandra that well, you might do not need your panties.

This is very
Aleeta A
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-iff
I'm an old lady & my major in college was Psychology though became a nurse. I've read all Iff's novels & all excellent entertainment, providing mystery, romance, thrilling, great sex, & would love to read 2nd book to "Milli" paperback or hardback please, A. K.
lovestoread
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A disturbing read, psychological thriller. I was held in suspense throughout and was surprised at times by the events that occurred. Enjoyed reading it, but find I was unsettled as I read and even after.
Badh
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wtf?

Oh man, I don't know what I just read. What a mindfrak. I need the next one now, please and thank you.
H.B. Jasick
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unexpected

This is like no story I've ever read before. I was not sure what to expect from one moment to the next. Some parts slowed a little bit, but like a filler episode on television, it was leading up to the next moment. I still don't know who to trust, or where the story will go next, but I can't wait to find out. I would recommend this to anyone that likes the challenge of trying to figure out mysterious situations. Maybe then, they could help me!

Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
AnessaRenee Reviews
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about fascinating. This story was definitely my kind of book. You ever read that book that just simply draws you in right from the start. That was this book. This author knows how to spin a tale and keep you interested until the very end. Don't read any spoilers just read this book. The blurb alone gives you an idea of what your walking into but you definitely want to just read this book and be surprised like I was. Love this author. Also was my first book from this author.

reviewed for
Saskia
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
More of a 2,5 star. This is the first book I have ever read by this author. The story is about Eliza who has to travel to London to settle her grandmothers affairs. From the moment she boards the plane strange things start happening to her. She keeps getting rescued by CIA agent Sean, but can she trust him? The writing is fine and I liked the actual story, but I could’t stand the main character. She is 21 but acted like a whiney teenager and she is so clueless about the basic facts of life that ...more
Jennifer Zamora
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 from me
I really like the overall storyline. I also really enjoyed the characters (see note) and the plot. I have a few issues. The biggest issue for me is the heroine in this book, she is horrible for me. I found her to be unrealistically annoying, whiny and just plain immature. I cited several parts of the books to friends and asked how old they felt the character was and all answered between 12-14. She is a woman in her 20s. I understand the shetered life etc, but felt it was a little over
Joana
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Alexandra’s first dark romance and I got to say, she nailed it pretty good! The storyline is original, I have not come across anything like it. The plot is not the darkest I’ve read, but enough to make your heart stop beating at times.
Sean and Eliza meet by chance – of course, throughout the book I was wondering if that was on purpose or not. To find out you’ll have to read the book, which I highly recommend it!
Becky Baldridge
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had a really hard time rating this one. On the one hand, the book is well-written and the storyline is quite unique. I love a good dark tale and this one had so much potential. On the other hand, the problems, for me, were many. First and foremost, I understand that Eliza has been sheltered and she's innocent, but no one with internet access and freedom to leave the home in this day and age can be THAT innocent. She's supposedly so innocent that she has no clue what an orgasm is and believes ...more
Melissa Miller-Mattern
Reviewed for A Wanton Book Lover Blog

I really struggled with this book. The premise of the book was pretty straight forward. Eliza, is off to Europe to take care of her late grandmother's estate. She soon meets Sean, a FBI agent that ends-up coming to her rescue numerous times. While this is all happening in the present, the story goes back in time and we see glimpses of Millie and what her life was like. This book does end in a cliff hanger.
I had a hard time connecting to the character of
Katrina
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Eliza is a 20 year old American woman who has been sheltered for all her life. After recently finding out she is adopted, and that her mother is ill, she is sent to England t0 settle her grandmother's estate. From the moment Eliza sets foot on U.K soil. her life as she knows it is filled with danger. She is almost kidnapped and the sexy man who rescues her seems very mysterious. Can she trust him, or is he somehow caught up in this whole mess she finds herself in? What does Eliza have in common ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THIS REVIEW MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS
Each page of this book is a thrill ! But having said that I must warn you there's a major cliffhanger , well it left me wide eyed ,edgy and feeling like WTH ?!?!
Eliza heads to London to settle her grandmother's estate and I think the break comes at the right time as Eliza is upset with her folks , I understand their motives but secrets have a way of coming out and no matter how honorable the motive it's inevitable that someone is going to get hurt ...
In any case
Catherine Coffman
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Eliza has been home schooled and sheltered all her life then her grandmother passed away and is sent to London because her mother is ill and her father can't go and they need the money. From the time she gets to the airport a strange series of events start to happen to her.

Sean is an FBI agent and meets Eliza on the plane. While on the plane there's chemistry between Eliza and Sean but her mom sways told her to never trust a man but the things she's feeling with Sean feel so right. Throughout
Gretchen Anderson
Eliza & Sean

Eliza is a home schooled kid. Not that this is a bad thing but she is very innocent. Like doesn’t know what an orgasm even IS innocent. Which even as a home schooled kid in her 20’s I think that’s unrealistic. She is also kind of annoying in that she seems……whiny in her innocence. She’s not strong & mature but innocent. She’s like 12 years old innocent. It’s just a little bit annoying and makes it a little hard to relate to her.

When she has to fly to London to handle her
Michelle Brown
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for a voluntary honest review.

Overall I enjoyed the storyline as it was different and interesting. However I was a bit confused at parts and found some situations a bit lacking. The main female character was not one that I enjoyed too much and that may have been the largest reason for some of my feelings. I am not one that generally likes female characters that are meek or whiney. The overall writing was good. And I enjoyed Alexandra Iff's first dark novel. I look
Kathy West
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Milli - Alexandra Iff

Not for anyone under 18. Trigger warning !!!!!! Has sexual situations that could upset some.

This book is a total "Mind F***"!!!!

You have Eliza. She is an American going to England to take care of her grandma's estate. She had just learned from her parent she was adopted and is harboring a lot of resentment over that. She trip starts off rocky and once she gets to England it gets worse.
She is kidnapped, saved, kidnapped again, she just can't catch a break. Why is this
Tracie Simister

Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: Milli
Author: Alexandra Iff

4 unexpected stars

I needed to take a bit of time before writing my review for Miili because, not only is this one of the 'darker' novels I've come across from Alexandra Iff, but it also left me literally crying out 'what the heck? That's it?' When Eliza's grandmother suddenly dies, her father sends her to London to meet up with the solicitors to take care of the estate, and sell off what she can and come back home with the money that is needed for cancer
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
3.5 Stars

I haven’t read anything by Alexandra Iff before and this turned out to be a very interesting, twisted, and disturbing story. I did find it to be confusing at times and some of the transitions were difficult to follow but, however overall it was a good story.

Milli is an interesting character; smart yet she’s also very naïve, sheltered, misinformed, when it comes to men, sex, the outside world in general. It was a bit worrisome in a funny kind of way but it makes sense as you read along.
Sassy Southern
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Hands down, one of the most unique, and intriguing plots I have ever read.
Eliza Cruz is sent to London by her parents to execute her grandmothers will. After a chance encounter on the airplane, and several other situations where her life is saved, Sean O'Conner seems like he's Eliza's savior. We learn, in fact, being a "milli" no one is safe. This book really made me dive into a history lesson-with learning just about who Marquis de Sade was. For the author to spur that much curiousity, there
Sharon Betts
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alexandra Iff has written a fabulous book that I really enjoyed, though it ends on a bit of a cliff hanger! I'm itching to read the rest of the story.

Milli is a hard character to really connect with - she's had a sheltered upbringing, and seems selfish and immature. But there is plenty of intrigue and glimpses into the past - a past that has a bearing on Milli's present. The first half of the book felt like I was reading a thriller, then as more back story unfolds, you are left wondering how she

• Tamed (The Dark Necessities, #2)
  • Taken as His Prize: A Dark Romance (Fallen Empire Book 1)
  • Delivered (The Devil's Duet, #2)
  • Depraved   (The Devil's Duet, #1)
  • Save Me
  • Built for Pleasure: A Contemporary Romance Box Set
  • Locked (Savage Men, #2)
  • The Trials of Tamara (Blue Eyed Monsters Book 2)
  • Thirty Days of Hate
  • Thirty Days of Shame
  • Her Russian Knight
  • The Hot Bad Boys Box Set: A Bad Boy Romance Collection
  • Brie's Submission (10-12) (The Brie Collection: Box Set Book 4)
  • Tamara, Taken (Blue Eyed Monsters #1)
  • The Facilitator
Alexandra, a singing and dancing force not to be reckoned with, especially when she holds a microphone, is someone who imagined her life will be just like in the film 'Grease'. So she found her 'Danny', married him and right at this moment she's admiring the Grease Lightning.
When she isn’t glued to her trusty laptop creating magic, Alexandra prowls the pits of twitter … find her there if you dare.