Start by marking “Playing the Odds (A Zombie Apocalypse Love Story Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Playing the Odds (A Zombie Apocalypse Love Story Book 3)

Playing the Odds (A Zombie Apocalypse Love Story Book 3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
When Cole breaks into a winery in the middle of Napa Valley, he’s pretty sure he’s only there to drink himself to death. After all, a virus has wiped out most of the population and turned them into zombies, and he doesn’t really feel like he has anything left to live for.

Alessa retreated to her family’s winery hoping to find comfort. Every good memory she’s ever had start
Published January 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Playing the Odds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing the Odds

Terry Tyler
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
The third in the zombie apoc love story novella series, this takes place three weeks after the virus has reached California.

Cole is (was) a professional poker player who breaks into a winery in the Napa Valley, which happens to be already occupied by Alessa, who happens to be totally hot and the only survivor of her Italian vintner family, aside from Antonio, her over-protective, football playing cousin who is built like a brick s**t-house and resents Cole's interest in Alessa.

Enter zombies, and
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
A wonderful, quick read that was perfect after finishing Mary’s THE LOUDEST SILENCE. I had just finished her newest, soon to be released book and my mind was racing leaving me unable to fall asleep. So I dug in and got my fix. Then I picked up another one of the novellas and devoured it as well.

I really enjoyed this one and most of the characters. There were a couple I had to keep my eye one. And for good reason, too. Even with these being novellas, they are still packed full of so much zombies,
Meg K
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best so far!

I’m currently devouring the entire zombie apocalypse series and I have to say that Playing the Odds is my favorite so far. I really enjoyed Cole and Alessa. Both characters were real and relatable. Kate Mary does an excellent job packing so much content into such few pages. I am so impressed with her characters.
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This one sucked me in from the start, I really like the characters and you get to like them pretty early on even though the book is short so much happens. You can feel alone with the characters I really enjoy this one. These books are written very well. This author is fast becoming one of my favorite authors.
Heather Vern
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This short story sucked me in right away, it's amazing how fast you can come to know these characters like you've known them forever. Even though you've only been with them for a few short pages. I love finding a book where your hear races, and you get scared right along with the character.
Nikkita
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic story!

I think these books just continue to get better, and surpass my expectations with each one! Cole and Aleesha have a perfect story to be told, about not only coming to terms with a new world but also the depravity of humankind in such instances.
Kimberly
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zombie apocalypse can be good?

So I found that some good can come out of a zombie apocalypse. That is Cole! Man I would love for him to have my back. Great novella
Jennifer Foor
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love these novellas from Kate L Mary. Another great read.
2OCC Reviews
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica
Inwas super excited to continue the journey that this author wanted us to embark on. Both books I've read so far have been so different from each other but not less entertaining then the last. I didn't read the description of this one because I'm already hooked on what the author has written.

Cole was bada$$! Simply put, he didn't take crap but was also very protective and had amazing instincts.

Alessa was tough but I think too friendly. I'm assuming that's how she was before the zombies came ou
Red
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting characters in the book. Not too predictable...held my interest very well.
Melanie
Mar 20, 2017
Tejush Singh
May 23, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Award-winning author of WHEN WE WERE HUMAN and the Amazon best-selling BROKEN WORLD series, Kate L. Mary writes everything from post-apocalyptic tales of the undead to new adult contemporary romance. A mother of four and an Air Force wife, her days are divided between keeping her household in order and creating new worlds for readers to get lost in.

***Visit her website at: www.KateLMary.com

***Foll