Start by marking “Finding Kennedy (The Prototype) (Volume 2)” as Want to Read:
Finding Kennedy (The Prototype) (Volume 2)

Finding Kennedy (The Prototype)

(The Prototype #2)

When Kennedy James unexpectedly shows up at her grandma’s house in Tyler, Texas, no one knows what to make of her arrival—including her. The only thing Kennedy does know is that something in her life has to change and it needs to happen right now. She’s been numb for way too long.

Then she meets Travis Broussard, the perceptively cool guitarist of the indie soul band, The P
Published May 20th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Kennedy (The Prototype), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Kennedy (The Prototype)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Finding Kennedy is book two in The Prototype series by Jacinta Howard. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by the author.

Finding Kennedy - Jacinta Howard:

For the last two years, Kennedy James has been barely existing in Colorado where she lives. She has tried to make herself numb. She doesn’t want to feel. She knew she couldn’t go on like this much longer so she packed a bag, got in her car, and drove to Tyler, Texas to her Grandmother, Pepper’s house. She loved her grandmother but hasn’t se
Nia Forrester
Whenever I read anything of Jacinta Howard's, there's never any question that I'm going to enjoy it. The question is always, 'how much?' She writes brooding, soulful, heartfelt-without-being-corny prose that just gets you right in the gut. How could I not like that? And so I always do, no matter whether it's a short piece on her blog, or a full-length novel. But there are those of her works I don't just like, I love and 'Finding Kennedy' is definitely one of those.

While reading it, I'm pretty s
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
4 STAR Read
Genre: Romance (has music/musician theme)
Series: Book two in The Prototype series but can be read as a standalone

After a life altering experience Kennedy James fell into a routine. An introverted routine that left her social life non existent. Suddenly feeling suffocated by it all she up and leaves home; and that is where the book starts.

Kennedy James
In need of a change Kennedy finds herself leaving Denver on the road to a Texas small town named Tyler. The second s
Musings of A Romance Junkie
Whew, man! This is more than just love at first sight. Imagine hearing the sound of someone’s voice, and you just know that that person was put on this earth just for you. Well, that’s what happens between Kennedy and Travis, only the tie that binds isn’t words, but music and mere presence. I have never read about two people who are so inexplicably drawn to each other simply because the other person “exists”.

This story is so visual, that you feel like you are witnessing everything as it unfolds
Megan
“Where’s your head at?”
“All over the place.”
“You know you’re my heart, right?”
“It’s not all over the place is it?”
“No. You have it."

Sa-woooooon!!!
4.5 Stars!!!!

I dove into this the minute I had it and adored every up and every down Travis and Kennedy had!!!!

Stay tuned for my full review with Lustful Literature!!!!!!!
L.S. Bergman
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I struggled with this review because I was going to preach and gush, I really was! This book, Finding Kennedy. This author, Jacinta Howard. They're just both that darn good!

Yup, that's it. No flowery words, no verbose text. None of that is really necessary here. Besides, if I had to describe all that I liked about this book this review would take wayyy too long.

Jacinta uses her 'senses' in her writing like no tomorrow. Everything has an image, a fragrance, texture, smell, and sound. Now,
Lustful Literature

Megan's Review 4.5 STARS

“I can give you time, Kennedy. I can be patient for you. But I dunno about the space part, baby doll. I don’t know if I can give you that. You’re gonna have to deal with me.”

I love Jacinta’s guys! I love them, and her!!! They always make me smile and fall so lovely. This baby was not the exception. Immediately I couldn’t get enough of Travis and Kennedy and every conversation they had, funny or serious, sentimental or aching I was tuned in.

You know when you highlight or
Brenda  Larnell
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I am not a fan of YA Genre Romance, I really enjoyed this story that features two young adults with a sizzling, soulful instant attraction that immediately grabs the reader and not let go until the end of the story. Kennedy and Travis are two talented, attractive college age millennials who are musically gifted. Kennedy finds herself leaving her home in Colorado and traveling to Texas to live with her insightful grandmother. Trying to overcome a traumatic experience, Kennedy seeks to find ...more
Ms Donna
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply Amazing!

Travis and Kennedy! This story truly touched my heart. This story had me all up in my imagination. I could actually picture it. I could see it. I could feel it. I could taste it. I could hear it. I could touch it. It was all over me. Jacinta Howard has a way of using words that makes her stories so visual. I never regret experiencing her storytelling. Yummy!
Anita
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
AMAZING. I don’t even have words for this authors writing and this series. Just so good.
The Book Chick
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my third read by Jacinta Howard and I must say it was the best, and so of course that means I'm a fan.
Someone in a bookclub recommended this to me and I'd actually had it for some time. I read by mood and decided the mood was right for Finding Kennedy.
I'd read book 1 of this series and thought it was pretty good but boy did Howard come to play this time. This installment was a notch above book 1. It's actually better than a 4 and I'll explain my rating later.
Book 1 was really about the
Tamara
Well..... I went through this book like.......

description

Semi-review: Full review to come. 4.5 stars.

This was book two in the Prototype Series. If you haven't read Happiness In Jersey, be sure to do that. Now on to Finding Kennedy

All I can say is.... When I grow up, I want the chemistry and connection that Travis and Kennedy have. The thing about their attraction to each other is, it was so potent, that it can turn dangerous... quick and fast. They'll have to wield their power with and over each other very
Candy
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Read!

I thoroughly enjoyed Kennedy and Travis' story. I love an excellent story where you can just feel the chemistry and connection between two people. Jacinta Howard does that and so much more with this story.

I read Happiness in Jersey and have fallen in love with those Broussard boys.

Jacinta is an excellent writer and I have enjoyed the Prototype Books. I look forward to the next book in the series but in the meantime I will read the Love Always series. I haven't read those yet.

Keep u
--karen Green-berry
Compelling Read

I fall more in love with this author's work with each book I read. Her characters are so alive that it encompasses your soul while you're reading it.

When two wounded souls come together and find instant chemistry, you know the storyline will be great. However, Kennedy and Travis' story was so much more. I would highly recommend this and all of her books.
Sharon D.
Excellent!!!

Ms. Howard, all I can say is WOW! Excellent book! I couldn't put it down because I wanted to see how it ended. I loved the relationship & chemistry between Travis & Kennedy. It was tangible and real. The passion that was placed in this book brought it to life. Again, excellent job!
Byron Washington
Finding your way.

In my past occupation I've come across many people suffering from Survivor's Guilt, so I'm keenly aware how debilitating it can be. Kudos to this author for tackling an issue that is so topical at this point in time.

Buy it, read it and enjoy.🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾
Wilki J
Shelves: favorites
Kennedy James was suffocating.

She arrived in Tyler, Texas not exactly knowing her path but a fated encounter with Travis Broussard brings her to a crossroad of... finding herself. As she becomes acclimated to her new surroundings, she realizes she was only existing.. until she met Travis. But like with every fast rush, there is a sharp nosedive. When both of their pasts come back to haunt them, will their kismet love crash and burn?

I literally sighed when I finished reading this book. My chest f
Alex Kinley

Kennedy James can’t escape from Denver fast enough when she finds chocolate cake in her refrigerator. Hours later she finds herself sitting in her grandmother’s driveway all the way in Tyler, TX. In Tyler, Kennedy meets a crossroad. She has to figure out if she’ll remain closed off due to her traumatic past or if she’ll open up her heart and move on.

What Jacinta Howard did with Finding Kennedy gave me the nostalgic feeling of being in college and meeting people I couldn’t have imagined meeting
Regina Ricks
Better Together

Reading this book was just...wow. As you mentioned in your Author's Note this book was your fifth book referencing it to the number Five which represents grace and I couldn't agree more. Finding Kennedy was written with so much heart and feeling. As with your other work I've always been pleased but this book was phenomenal. Trying desperately to forget her past in search of a fresh start Kennedy leaves Denver, heads to her grandmother's house in Texas and the first person she meet
Victoria
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jacinta Howard's voice has grown with each Pen. I have not come across a book of hers that I did not thoroughly enjoy. You know Finding Kennedy will not be an ordinary read from the opening lines The characters, and dare I say none are background, because they all bring a different color stroke to this Picasso of literature.

Finding Kennedy is alive with heart, soul and flowing blood. You feel every scene, You know every emotion as it flows through your mind. It's a living creation. You can see t
Deena
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been struggling to write a review for more than a week, so I'm going to keep it simple and just say this: Read this book. It is absolute perfection. Jacinta Howard has mastered the art of creating young, beautiful, extremely talented young people who are dealing with serious issues. The characters are real and relatable. You can't help but love them, and the tears are guaranteed to flow at some point (then again, that may just be me ☺).

I've read all of Jacinta Howard's books and I have yet
Rena
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!

This was my first time reading this author's work and I am truly impressed.

I normally do not enjoy books written with characters that are teens or really young adults (early 20s). Sometimes authors write young people in a way that makes the characters seem silly and naive. That was not the case with Finding Kennedy! The characters were written with such depth. I loved the connection between Travis and Kennedy. Their chemistry jumped off of the page. I also loved how there was enough
Deloris
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
APB Perspective Review:

Relax and read those the words I think of when I read this book. I love to read a book that makes you feel what you are reading and that's how I felt while reading Finding Kennedy. The chemistry between Kennedy and Travis was so automatic that in the first time they meet in the kitchen you know something wonderful is going on. The music is a big part of this book I enjoy when an author lets you groove as you read a story. I found myself looking up the songs I didn't know
Carolyn
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding Kennedy was a much anticipated book. The second installment in the Prototype series. Travis and Kennedy had a connection that defied logic. It was like a chemistry experiment gone array. The story lived up to and met all my expectations for a good book. 1. It was well-written. 2. The story had a purpose that could be easily discerned. 3. The connection between the couple was just amazing. The story was worth the wait. The backstory with Jersey, Zay, Devin, Willow, Bam and Pepper added to ...more
Gloria
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't want to get to the end. First time reading Ms. Howard . I love her style

I should start by saying Damnnnn this was such a great story, I never wanted it to end. Of course this is not the first book but who cares. Travis and Kennedy I just love them so muchhhh. Their maturity, their love, their chemistry, " I feel you" that's what Travis tells Kennedy. You will laugh out loud while reading about these two, but you want to also cry with them. I started enjoying this book from the beginning
Robin Stark
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Travis and Kennedy. A match made in music.

Wow! Just Wow! I haven't read a book this good in so long. I was hooked from the first page, until the last page. The chemistry and attraction these two had was palpable. Travis and Kennedy are by far my favorite couple. I would hold my breath every time it looked like they might not make it, and exhaled when I knew they would be ok. Travis's steadfastness and love for Kennedy was just so beautiful to me, everyone needs to be loved like that. Jacinta tak
Teresa Mcmillian
Love In Its Purest Ford

Congratulations on your fifth book Jacinta! This is by far my favorite book of yours. I absolutely loved Kennedy and Travis and the love they had for each other. Their chemistry is so intense. This is book two of The Prototype series and it's a continuation of the characters we grew to love from Happiness in Jersey. I learned a great deal about music reading this series.
Angelia Menchan
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Kennedy and Travis' story. The meeting, the attraction and the plunge. Everything built organically, happening as it should. I also loved the familial connections, Kennedy and her grandmother Pepper and her sister Cassie. Also. Travis connection to Zay and Bam. Their connectedness to the ones they lost was also poignant. A love story on so many levels. Brava.
Deirdre Davis
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding Kennedy

I was so hooked on Travis and Kennedy I didn't want this to end! I loved everything and everybody in this book except lying Maya and tricky Toni!! This was refreshing, intense and an improvement to my playlist! Awesome work Ms. Howard!!
Tina Young
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kennedy and Travis' story is a definite must read. Jacinta Howard once again pulls her readers into an amazing adventure with her characters. As usual, Character Chemistry oozed off of the pages from beginning to end.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Mistress (Mistress, #1)
  • No Ordinary Love
  • Shadows of Deceit (Sin City Heat, #5)
  • Atonement (Alfonzo, #4)
  • Love In the Red Zone (Connecticut Kings #1)
  • Love on the Highlight Reel (Connecticut Kings #2)
  • A Lover's Pretense (The Ramseys, #2)
  • Smooth Operator
  • Passion Rekindled (Brooks Family, #1)
A longtime journalist and lifelong music lover, Jacinta Howard lives in the Atlanta area with her daughter and husband. She finds happiness in the pages of a great novel, on the beach, listening to good music and hanging with her family. She is the author of women's fiction and contemporary romance, a USA TODAY Must-Read Author and a two-time RONE Award nominee.

The Prototype (3 books)
  • Happiness In Jersey
  • Keeping Willow (The Prototype Book 3)
“You are my space between forever and always,” 0 likes
“Love bears, love believes, love hopes, love endures,” I breathed. “Corinthians 13:7.” 0 likes