Start by marking “Ireland (Surviving The Evacuation #9)” as Want to Read:
Ireland (Surviving The Evacuation #9)

Ireland (Surviving The Evacuation #9)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  308 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
They said there was no outbreak in Ireland. They lied.
Within a few minutes of the outbreak, Manhattan was overrun by the living dead. Within a few days, the undead had reached every corner of the globe.

There was no evacuation of Northern Ireland, and no quarantine in the Republic. A Royal Naval blockade prevented ships from docking, but they didn’t prevent those who cou
Published January 26th 2017

Terry Tyler
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've missed a few of the more recent instalments of this series, simply because of the 'so many books, so little time' factor, but wanted to catch up with it. Although these books are not stand alones, it was easy enough to get the basic gist of the story threads I've missed, and enjoy the book for itself; might be useful for other readers to know.

I enjoyed Mr Tayell's writing, as ever, and I'm a total post-disaster/danger survival addict, so loved all the detail about what Bill, Kim and their f
Robd
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The next instalment of Frank Tayell's 'Surviving the Evacuation' continues the story following the plight of survivors of the nuclear wars and zombie plague caused by unscrupulous, self serving politicians. The main character and chronicler of events is Bill, now left stranded with fellow survivor Kim on the southwest coast of Ireland. As part of a small team that left the relative safety of Anglesey in search of food and resources, they have had to overcome a number of betrayals and head north ...more
Doctor Doom
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I tell you? The man can write! I used to think I wanted to write but when I read this master of apocalyptic literature I realize that I can only stutter through my keyboard. Wow and wow.
I have to say, since I have made a big deal out of the lack of cursing in his books, that Tayell pulled a "Gone with the Wind" on me in this one. Not really necessary but there nonetheless.
LibertyGal
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Ugh.... I've been slowly making my way through this series. Perhaps I enjoyed books 7 and 8 as London was a key location. Book 9, set in Ireland, dragged a bit. Yes, the conspiracy theories including Lisa Kempton are interesting, but oh my,.... can we get back to Anglesey and London please!
Lambsie
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Still grabbing my attention!

Great book and introduces new characters from Ireland. The conspiracy plot thickens. I'd recommend reading the books beforehand before beginning this one.
Tasha
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is probably my least favorite of the series so far. Parts felt a bit slow and repetitive compared to the others. But any series with this many books is bound to have one that's kinda meh.
Gary Robinson
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Like the other books a superb read. Have enjoyed these books 📚 , 9 in 12 days. Would really recommend.
paula dear
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brill

Loving the continuation of this story a real mystery is emerging too!Bill has turned into a bit of a hero Action man again instead of as suit wearing politician.
Shanna Schwentner
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment
Lis
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this whole series. My only problem is I read them too fast when the next books come out! A must read series if you love zombie stories.
Cynthia Josaitis
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent series.

I chose this rating because I didnt want to stop reading it. I would love if he had the characters in another book 10-20 years later. An update on how the world is. Have the zombies died out? Where is the group now etc. Needs another sequel.
Leigh Swanson
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Need more. Lots more.

I love this story and how things have unfolded. I cannot wait for the next instalment!!
Gary Letham
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book nine catches up with Bill and Kim stranded in Southern Ireland after escaping Elysium, the zombie infested billionaires bolt hole. After dealing with Rob's treachery, they decide to move north to Belfast, where the Anglesey group had hoped to locate fuel. On their journey they discover how devastated Ireland has been left. On the journey they come across another small band of survivors as their safe house is being over run by the undead. The group combines and heads north in a boat desperat ...more
Orkney Dean
Sheer brilliance

If you are a zombie apocalypse nutter, this is the series you need to read. Packed with more detail to the absolute truth of what a zombie apocalypse would be like than any other AZ book you'll ever read. You truly get a feel of how desperate these survivors are without skipping a beat on the thrill ride that this series is.
Doghouse Gav
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Better and better

Another fantastic instalment of a series that gets better and better. Love the attention to detail throughout in the wonderful writing style of Frank's.
Dale Goldsby
Nov 22, 2017
MR R Kober
Feb 12, 2017
Nicola
rated it did not like it
Mar 07, 2017
JEREMY KIDD
Feb 26, 2018
Author of post-apocalyptic and near-future science fiction, with a focus on democracies struggling against dystopia.

For more information, or to join the mailing list, please visit; www.FrankTayell.com, facebook.com/FrankTayell, or facebook.com/TheEvacuation
More about Frank Tayell

Surviving The Evacuation (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • London (Surviving The Evacuation #1)
  • Wasteland (Surviving The Evacuation #2)
  • Family (Surviving The Evacuation #3)
  • Unsafe Haven (Surviving The Evacuation #4)
  • Reunion (Surviving The Evacuation #5)
  • Harvest (Surviving The Evacuation #6)
  • Home (Surviving The Evacuation #7)
  • Anglesey (Surviving The Evacuation #8)
  • The Last Candidate (Surviving The Evacuation #10)
  • Search and Rescue (Surviving The Evacuation #11)