Start by marking “The Walking Dead, 06: Dieses sorgenvolle Leben” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead, 06: Dieses sorgenvolle Leben

The Walking Dead, 06: Dieses sorgenvolle Leben (The Walking Dead #6)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  19,721 Ratings  ·  658 Reviews
Published 2008 by Ludwigsburg Amigo-Grafik (first published April 11th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, 06, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walking Dead, 06

Bookdragon Sean
Every time a write a review for one of these comics, I seem to mention that another level has been breached. And that’s because it’s completely true. This one descended even further into depravity.

In the past we’ve had lots of violence, mutilation, torture and even rape. These have become almost casual things, trademarks of everyday life. In this crazy world this stuff happens every day. I hesitate to say that it’s normal, it’s not normal, but in a zombie apocalypse anything goes. There are no
Alejandro
Woodbury is all around us!

This is the fifth volume of the softcover editions of "The Walking Dead", collecting the comic book issues from #31 to #36.

Creative Team:

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Illustrators: Charlie Adlard

Additional gray tones to inking: Cliff Rathburn

Chapter Six

THIS SORROWFUL LIFE

Don’t you know what people is capable of?!

Rick, Michonne and Glenn are trapped in Woodbury.

And each one of them...

...they never would be the same anymore!

Woodbury will leave scars too deep to heal, outsi
Brad
There is a redress going on in modern popular culture with which I am fascinated. Rape tales, tales of torturing women, tales of violence against women have been told for years with graphic detail. Many of these tales have been saying (either explicitly or implicitly) that these brands of violence are wrong or even evil, but many of them still offer up the vision of this violence to illustrate the wrongs and evils.

Now a redress has come, and we have Lisbeth Salander avenging herself on her torme
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
"we just need to be sure that when they get here. We're ready for them."

Okay I'm liking this one, some scenes were gruesome but most were cool. I'm excited to see what will happen on the next TWD volume.

description
Becky
Heh... Every time I see or hear the phrase "or die trying" (such as the one in the description for this volume) I can't help but think of The Boondocks and how the show makes fun of 50 Cent. Observe: "Mumble mumble something. ...Or die tryin'."

Not that that really has anything to do with this volume. It's just early, I haven't had coffee yet, and reading the description of this book to refresh my memory as to what happened (from sooooooooooooooo long ago - aka: last night), and it made me think
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a volume! Things got really crazy in these episodes! I loved it. I love how we are finally learning more about the characters as we're actually getting a great insight into them now. I've tried to not get too attached to anyone because I'm pretty sure Robert Kirkman will kill whoever he wants to but I can't help it! (view spoiler)

I still have my concerns with this comic and it's representation of women but I hope Alice will be sane and that wil
WrensReads
WrensReads Review:

WHAT A COME BACK.

The last two issues have not been my cup of tea.. but this one slapped me across the face.

Remember The Governor?

And how he believes that he is the biggest bad in the world and things only go his way because he is boss man and he is god? Well, let's just say, he hasn't seen the goddess of war and destruction before. And she will make him rue the day

..and that isn't even the worst of it.

THIS ISSUE HAS THE MOST GORE AND TORTURE SO FAR, so please of please do not
Darren Hagan
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BRUUUUTAL :') Moral of the story: do not piss off a woman who knows how to wield a sword haha.
Kimberley doruyter
this one seemed shorter then the rest.
Sam Quixote
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rick, Glenn and Michonne remain the captives of the sadistic Governor, the leader of a small enclosed community. But help is on hand as one of the Governor’s guards helps them escape and head back home to the prison. Will they all make it back – or die trying?

I really, really enjoyed this one! I flew through it in one sitting, and it’s a cliché but the pages couldn’t turn fast enough. Everything from the lead-up to the breakout, the escape through the forest, the drive back to the prison, and f
Justin
I’m starting to realize that Walking Dead is one of those series that boasts a large number of fans that are oblivious to or are willing to look past its flaws. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, but it is what it is. The universal acclaim that these books get seems to be at odds with some of the problems it has, especially by this point in the series. This volume, simply put, isn’t put together very well, and isn’t much fun to read. Spoilers ahead.

The issues in this collection continue to chron
Gabby
God damn, a lot of shit went down in this volume. A lot of graphic, gory shit. Rick is quickly losing his trust in humanity and I totally see why. I can feel Lori and Rick's relationship slowly getting worse and worse. I really loved most of this volume but there is one thing that kind of disappointed me and I can't really talk about that without giving spoilers. But damn, I am obsessed with these comics now. I'm hooked and I probably won't stop reading them until I'm caught up.

SPOILERS BELOW
So.
Anthony Chavez
HUGE turning point in the story here, from volume 5 to volume 6 so much happens to change the groups dynamic at the prison.

Glenn, Rick, and Michonne were locked up at Woodbury when they find a few sympathizers who don't like "The Governor" and his crazy ways either. So they decide when everybody is distracted to get outta Dodge and escape. Without giving too much away they make it back to their prison safehouse only to find things vastly different from how they left AND that one of them isn't wh
Joe
Jul 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who loved 28 Days Later
If you're like me, one of your deeply-held beliefs is that the only problem with zombie movies is that they come to an end. With that in mind, Robert Kirkman has given us "The Walking Dead", a series which tells the ongoing story of an eclectic group of people trying to live in a world now ruled by the dead.

Kirkman's introduction says it best:
"How many hours are in a day when you don't spend half of them watching television? When is the last time any of us REALLY worked to get something we wan
Ayman Gomaa
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This volume was really good and alittle bit crazy xD but i loved it
- Michonne took her revenge " revenge is a dish best served cold " she was sadist but he deserve it anyway and it teach us never make a girl with a sword mad or u probably will regret it xD :)
- Rick start to lose his humanity and feels like a savage but well thats the kind of world he live into now
- Glenn that was my fav part even with this shit crazy stuff happening we can see romance that makes us believe that life should go
Lesincele Viaja gracias a los libros
Las escenas entre Michonne y el Gobernador han sido mucho más violentas de lo que me esperaba. En este volumen se profundiza más en lo que somos capaces de hacer por sobrevivir aunque no se considere lo mejor desde el punto de vista moral. Tengo mucha curiosidad por saber cómo continúa.
Michelle Bet
Leído para el 2015 Reading Challenge. Reto: #40. Novela gráfica.

Contiene spoilers de volúmenes anteriores.

Este volumen está cargado de tensión, de lucha, de rabia, de momentos que llega a darme escalofríos.

En el vol. 5 nos quedamos con Martínez diciéndole a Rick que va a sacarlo de Woodbury, y en eso se concentra el vol. 6, en la huida de Rick, Glenn, Michonne y 3 personas más de ese pueblo para llegar a la prisión con los demás.

En este volumen me hizo temer de Michonne, sé que el hijo de puta
Jennifer Girard
4.5

This will be my most coherent review ever... Ready?

Whoa... What? but... What?

Yeah...

More seriously, it was one of my favorite (if not my favorite)!
Rebecca Schuster
My first three-star rating for a book of the Walking Dead series.
... It is not that it is a bad book. Not at all. It is really breath-takingly thrilling and again has some great cliffhangers even within the book.

However, all in all this volume was far too "Hostel" for my taste (and I never watched the movie for a very good reason! The trailer was already hard enough to bear).
Of course, the reader (the female one especially) is pleased to see that Michonne gets her revenge for the sufferings sh
Alondra
5 Stars

Sure, maybe it should be 4 or 4.5; but I don't think so. Michonne's payback on the governer in the comics, is wwaayyy better than the t.v. show. Hell, it probably wasn't enough.

I love the insight into the characters, without it being a long drawn-out speech. We learn about them in fits and starts; and just enough. We start to see their motivations with each scenario that plays out.

Kim
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies-invade
The zombie apocalypse is freakin scary! And I am not talking about the zombies man! The people are insane! I would have to say after reading 36 issues that I LOVE the show more so than the comics. The comics are freaking me out!
Jordan
This volume wraps up the very lackluster Governor story. Michonne gets an entire gratuitous issue to exact torturous revenge with all manner of sharp instruments, but everyone else is just spinning their wheels and I am left struggling to find a reason to be interested in these people anymore.
Nicole Alycia
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They have really toned down the characters in the show.... these guys are seriously messed up.
Sangeeta
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Yikes
Marta
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is about escape, trust, revenge. Still awesome. Minus one star for extra cruelty and the change in Michonne's character. I just dug her the way she was.
Brujaxa
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, ¡ha sido genial! Me encanta porque la historia va fluyendo muchísimo y a la vez abre nuevos misterios.
Chris
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Reviewed at Brunner's Bookshelf

These volumes only hold six issues like most graphic novels but it almost feels like less. I fly through these very quickly and since they are just the next steps in a much bigger story the events in this book seemed short and like they went by too quickly. Usually this is a good thing because that means I was really interested in what I was reading, but I almost feel cheated because I wanted more. Good thing there are a lot of other volumes for me to read st
Kelsey Trinkner
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
During this volume of "The Walking Dead," Rick, Glenn, Michonne, and a few citizens from Woodbury, including The Governor's right-hand man, Martinez, finally escape. As they are leaving the city, Michonne says she will catch up with them later. She plans to torture The Governor. She is interrupted while getting her revenge and is forced to leave early, assuming he is dead. Eventually, Rick, Glenn, Michonne and the others arrive back at the prison only to find the gates open and walkers everywher ...more
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol. 6: Girl on Girl (Y: The Last Man, #6)
  • Chew, Vol. 4: Flambé
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows (Locke & Key, #3)
  • Revival, Vol. 3: A Faraway Place
  • Fables, Vol. 9: Sons of Empire
  • DMZ, Vol. 4: Friendly Fire
  • American Vampire, Vol. 4
More about Robert Kirkman...

The Walking Dead (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 08: Made to Suffer
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 09: Here We Remain
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 10: What We Become
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters
“Our fine Governor called me here to ask me to talk to you--said you didn't seem too happy here. He knows we're pals. He wanted me to just--I don't know, make sure you weren't going to cause any trouble or something.” 1 likes