Start by marking “The Last Truth” as Want to Read:
The Last Truth

The Last Truth

The Last Truth is about the damage done by living with denial and the burden of unwanted responsibility. It examines how a mother and her two children, separated from each other, find ways to live with the damage done by selfish need, the pretence of good intention and turning a blind eye. It leads each of them down a twisted path to violence. In trying circumstances the c ...more
Published December 1st 2016 by Unbound Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Last Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Truth

Michelle
I'm not going to rate this. DNF @ 44%. This story is moving much too slowly for my particular liking.
Charlie Vasquez
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
There is much to be said about a novel that reads well. I've mentioned this before in other reviews I’ve written, but a book that keeps you reading long after you plan on putting it down ranks high for me. Not only is it thought-provoking and engaging, but you look forward to getting back into the book each and every time you pick it up, if you have the self-control to ever put it down. That is what reading this book by Brian Thomas-Peter has done for me. Typical of many literary genre books I’v ...more
Cale
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has it all. Great writing, characters who feel real and are flawed and fascinating – each one brings something new to the table, from Jenny to Tad to Angela and even Mark and Richard (ugh) and everyone else in between… Profound and emotional and exciting all rolled into one with lots of OMG moments (with just about everyone!). Great story line and incredible detailing throughout. One thing I noticed that was different about this book as opposed to others in the genre I’ve read, was tha ...more
Rona Higgins
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I took this book as one of my 'holiday reads', and I am so pleased that I did. The subject matter is not easy but it is brilliantly written and you become deeply engaged with the characters, willing them to make the right decisions, in the chaos of their lives. But what are the 'right' decisions?
I really enjoyed the format of short chapters, which normally means I can put down and pick up regularly, but with this book it was difficult to put down at all.

In reading The Last Truth, Brian has made
Makayla
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the realism and plot twists in this story. The characters were flawed and relatable; it was a story which could have had a sanctimonious ring, but the author managed to avoid that tone throughout. Worth a read.
 Northern Light
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, e-books, giveways
This is the powerful story of what happens when two children are damaged by the awful upbringing they are forced to endure.

In their different ways Jenny and Timothy try to find a way to cope as adults with mixed results. Jenny seems to have made a good life but the past is never far away. Timothy on the other hand really struggles, making one bad decision after another with consequences no-one could have forseen.

The first part of the book was difficult to make sense of and hard to read but worth
Bookaholic
rated it did not like it
May 16, 2018
Nov 26, 2017
Heidi Kuhrt
Sep 08, 2017
Sue Frances
I'm in two minds about this book. Part of me liked it but a part of me found it very dark. At times I felt it was too dragged out. I wanted to skip ahead to see what happened.
Deirdre
Jan 30, 2018
Lucretia
Feb 18, 2018
Brian Thomas-Peter
Sep 04, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Andrew Spicer