Start by marking “Jordan Reclaimed (Preload, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jordan Reclaimed (Preload, #1)

Jordan Reclaimed

(Preload #1)

He's a rockstar, she's a ballerina, they're worlds apart yet just what the other needs.

Jordan Steele’s life began when he was ten. When he was taken from his parents and a house that was never a home. When he met his brothers, the other lost and abandoned boys in his group home. When he learned what friendship and family and love looked like.

Now he’s made a career out of p
Published February 28th 2017 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Jordan Reclaimed, please sign up.
Scarlett Cole Pixie and Dred (the lead singer of Preload) share their story in THE PUREST HOOK! But as manager of the Second Circle Tattoos studio, she appears in…morePixie and Dred (the lead singer of Preload) share their story in THE PUREST HOOK! But as manager of the Second Circle Tattoos studio, she appears in THE STRONGEST STEEL, THE FRACTURED HEART, and THE DARKEST LINK as a secondary character :-)(less)

Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Scarlett Cole Fans, Romance
5 It Worked on So Many Levels Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free It's Live!!!
In 2016, I stumbled onto Second Circle Tattoos, a series by Scarlett Cole. From the beginning I was drawn into her vision. She wrote with a strong hand about issues which were not all soft, fuzzy and pretty. Her characters were multidimensional and that meant every single one that graced the page had purpose.

Which brings me to Jordan Reclaimed. This is the first entry to Preload, the series inspired by a heavy metal group i
XxTainaxX
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story really packs and emotional punch. It was written beautifully with a plot that takes on some series issues and does so with tact and a great deal of talent. Jordan is the suffered hero our hearts bleed for and Aleksandra is the heroine that fits his needs precisely while bringing her own value to the story.

Their connection was organic and so sweet. Their courtship was unique and riveting. The writing wove the tale in such a way that I was fully committed from the start. There is an em
Sabrina
NOW LIVE
*Amazon*B&N*

Jordan is a character that I was immensely curious about when we got out first glimpse of him in The Purest Hook and I've been waiting for his story ever since then. In his own book we get to learn all about what Jordan has gone through and how it has impacted the life he now leads with his band mates. And how one ballerina is about to change his life in a drastic way.

This book had all of my emotions coming out in such an intense way. I just couldn't get enough of these b
Jen
**** 4.5 Stars!!!! ****

I am so excited to finally be starting the "Preload" series, that is about the men that are members of the rock group "Preload!!" We were introduced to the group in Scarlett Cole's other series "Second Circle." You do not have to read the other series to read this one; but I am very glad that I did, and Dred; who is a member of this group...was a hero in book three of the other series!! ( confused yet??!!LOL)

In this first installment, we get to learn more about the myster
Shannon Moore
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
From the first 'meeting' (if you want to call it that) between Lexi and Jordan, I was hooked. It was like a compulsion, I HAD to know what was going to happen with their story. The only way I can think to describe it is like fate, their meeting just felt right. Like magic brought them to the same place that night and they connected without words. Then to bring that a step further and expand the connection to his music and her dance. Notice a theme? Once again, there were no words. They spoke at ...more
Bev
A tad too heavy on the misery and melodrama for me. At times I had to remind myself I was reading about 26 and 30 year old characters and not kids still in high school.
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
“… I’m not alone. And neither are you. You’ll never have to do any of this on your own because I’m right here.”
[image error] photo C346B1F3-8C1A-4B1A-9D81-74F468621B55_zpsdkrgly8d.png

This was a sweet romance with both light and dark under tones I wasn’t expecting. I love when an author surprises me and Scarlett Cole did just that. This was a touching love story with an instant connection between brooding Jordan and feisty Lexi.

This is literally a love at first sight story. I loved their first meeting, Jordan looking in from the outside as Lexi danc
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Jordan Reclaimed
Series: Preload #1
Author: Scarlett Cole
Release date: February 28, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Preload isn't just a rock band, it's a band of brothers. All survivors of their own personal tragedies and misfortunes in childhood, they bonded as foster children and haven't been apart since. Jordan is perhaps the most scarred emotionally in the group, and the most fragile. At the age of nine, he had already survived more than the average person does
AJ
“You’re my everything … Everything I didn’t know I wanted or needed. Everything I didn’t think I could have.”

4.5 stars!

Wow, this book is gorgeous! An emotional, sexy, angst-free love story featuring two broken people overcoming the demons of their past, learning to trust and find strength in each other, and following their hearts. Jordan and Lexi absolutely stole my heart and I loved it.

I love Scarlett Cole’s Second Circle Tattoos series, and from the moment I met the boys of heavy metal band, P
Francoise
With Jordan Reclaimed, the first book in her new Preload series, Scarlett Cole has woven a brilliant, multilayered story of healing, hope and true love. Jordan and Lexi are captivating heroes, and their story grabbed me from the very first pages. The subject matter is gut-wrenching and yet it’s absolutely not a sad story. I loved every minute of this unforgettable read.

Jordan Steele is a rockstar, the bassist of Preload, a world famous rock group. He is a complex character, who has experienced a
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

Great book, but I was expecting a lot more angst and drama and for Jordan to fight falling in love. He walked off the deep end after only one glimpse. Lexi was perfect for him. Her personal issue was the perfect problem to cause Jordan issues. I felt like the problems with her dad were unfinished. Loved seeing the rest of the band. Elliott's story is up next, and we have no idea what his personal hang-up is.
Irene

Author Scarlett Cole has delivered another beautifully written, emotional and heartfelt read in Jordan Reclaimed.

Jordan and Lexi, have an emotional connection from the first moment they see each other and I felt it. Author Scarlett has such a way with her words she quickly draws you into their life and you can't help but fall in love with these complex and emotionally scarred characters.

I loved watching Jordan and Lexi open themselves to each other, they're two beautiful souls who blos
1-Click Addict Support Group
A rocker & ballerina love story...YES!!!

Jordan Steele as had anything but an easy life and due to that he's become a recluse but only being comfortable with his "brothers". I appreciated being able to read about his past and why he was the way he was. Little did he realize that his life was about to be turned upside down.

Aleksandra-Lexi, lives for the love of ballet yet no matter how hard she tries, she will never be good enough for her father's approval. She's done everything within her g
Jessica Alcazar
I do this thing sometimes where I read a book that leaves me void of words but overflowing with feelings ... I say I'll review when my heart isn't so full and I can put words together. And then I try to go back days or weeks even after I've finished and I just can't. This was one of those books. I have said this many times before but let me say it again for those of you in the back ... Scarlett Cole is a force to be reckoned with. Her words are flawless. Her stories are powerful. She isn't goin ...more
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below! Emotional and well written, Jordan and Lexi will break your heart! See full review on The Book Disciple
Maya
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-gift
This isn't my first time that I've read an amazing story by this author. She knows how to turn the most unbelievable situations into a beautiful love story that will make you feel like you want to be a part of the main character's life.

I've waited for this story to come out for so long. Since I've read the stories from secondary characters that appear in this book, I knew that Jordan's life wasn't easy or pretty. I also knew that whatever his journey in this book would be, it had to be an amazin
Kristiej
Still riding the reread train with Jordan Reclaimed. Both Jordan and Lexi are such unforgettable characters it’s like they are real people that I need to revisit from time to time. It was time again.

*****************

Wowzers, where have you been, Scarlett Cole? I was working yesterday with nothing to do, so I was checking out book lists by other readers on GoodReads with similar tastes as mine and came across this one. The price was right, I hadn’t read any by this author, the storyline sounded
monica ♪
UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT!

2.5 Stars

First of all I want to thank the publisher for always providing me the early copy of Scarlet Cole's new book. I feel so honored.

This book is the first installment of Ms. Scarlet Cole new series about the Preload member.

I really adore Ms. Cole's writing, but after reading 4 of her works, I kind of noticed something..
It seems all her works have the same pattern in each story: insta-love, the hero and/or heroine always have fucked-up parents/family as the background
Anne OK
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
JORDAN RECLAIMED is the first book to kick off the Preload Series, a spinoff from The Second Circle Tattoo Series. In her latest rock star romance, Scarlett Cole introduces readers to a band of brothers that are at the top of their game professionally, but each is suffering pasts filled with the horrors from which nightmares are made.

Jordan is a bad boy rock star who turns knight in shining armor when he catches glimpse through a window of a tiny ballerina as she dances her way into his heart. T
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, rocker
A heavy metal rocker and a ballerina. Such and odd pairing but I loved them together. I've been looking forward to Jordan's story since learning about him in the third book of the Second Circle Tattoos series. He seemed so broken. Who would have that a ballerina would be his salvation and that he would be her salvation as well.

Jordan's story was heartbreaking and explained his need for having everyone close. His story brought the rest of the band members to the forefront. Each have their own tr
Dilek VT
This is the love story of a ballerina and a rock star. It really had potential and it could have been such a better book for me if it weren't so verbose. Too many inner thoughts, too many descriptions but scarce dialogues. That kind of writing bores me.

I really liked the heroine. The hero is depressive, he kinda sucks the life energy out of everyone around him and also the reader. Because he had such a horrifying childhood, I understood where he was coming from with all his fears and obsessions
Elaine
I had thoroughly enjoyed the previous books in the Second Circle Tattoos series where the members of Preload were introduced and it is great to be able catch up on them - as well as Pixie and Petal - again. Having said that, the author does explain the scenarios and provides relevant background information to enable new-to-the-series readers to understand what has happened and putting everything into context.

Jordan is a musical savant, he also has problems coping with changes in his close knit g
JAIME
WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE. Do you know, for a moment there, I couldn't even remember if our hero and heroine even got is on in this story? Because the story was enough on it's own and didn't need a sex scene twice every chapter. Promising start to the series.
Alison
I was in two minds about this one. Whilst I adored Scarlett Cole's Second Circle Tattoo series I was not so keen on the idea of a new series based on the guys in Dred's metal band Preload. But hey, they offered me a book to review, and it's Scarlett Cole so I pushed past my initial reluctance and requested the book. And then it sat there on my Kindle, judging me, watching me pick other books, waiting.

If you've read The Purest Hook, Jordan Steele is the member of the band that has had a traumati
Alissa
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this love story. Though it is always beyond hard for me to read about what some kids go through as abused children (and can make me a bit homicidal, to be honest), I liked Jordan a lot and was really rooting for him, and I thought that Lexi was the perfect match for him. I also liked that things weren't so clear cut in her life as they appeared, showing you can't judge ANY books by their covers, and that they both had chances to be the one to love and support the other through some har ...more
Francesca
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Trop classique, trop superficiel, je n’ai pas aimé
Doris
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING!! I’m not sure where to begin with this so I don’t lose you which in turn would make it so that you missed one totally awesome book. I have read the Second Circle Tattoo series by Ms. Cole where she first introduced us to the guys from the rock band Preload. I knew that after being so taken in by this author and since I was a rock romance fan, the stories on the Preload boys were going to be great but I had no idea the depths that Ms. Cole would take me to yet again. It seems that as mos ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
oh, how I love Scarlett Cole's writing! She tells an amazing story that sucks you in and makes you fall in love with her characters, and not just the main ones. I loved each of the Preload guys as much as I loved Jordan (and Dred before LOL).

As a child Jordan lived a life no child should ever have to live. It's no wonder he was as protective of his band mates, which is his family, as he was. My heart went out to him. And when he saw Lexi, he knew she was the one who could bring light and joy to
juviasft
MY GOD was this book depresing. Or rather, the H was.

I don't know what happened along the way, what exactly changed, but I don't enjoy reading Scarlett Cole's books the way I used to. I went with an open-mind on this one, but when I started reading, I wanted to stop. Jordan was so depressive (that's the only word I can think of to describe him). I get that he had a more than rough childhood, but I don't think constantly reminding the reader that he wants to die and he's insecure, sad and lonely

• Kiss Marry Kill (Iron Clad Security, #1)
  • Raw Need (Larson Brothers, #2)
  • Rose
  • Unwritten (Rock Star Duet, #1)
  • We All Fall Down (Of Love and Madness, #2)
  • Softer Than Steel (Love & Steel, #2)
  • Heart's Insanity (Angel Fire Rock Romance, #1)
  • Tangled Up In You (Rogue Series, #1)
  • Down Beat (Dark Tide, #1)
  • Punctured, Bruised, and Barely Tattooed
  • Stray Hearts (Animal Magnetism, #1-2)
  • Penthouse Player (Billionaire Bosses, #1)
  • Shattered Rhythm  (Meltdown #3)
  • Gravity
  • Gibson's Legacy (Last Score, #1)
  • Jax (Ruthless, #1)
  • Once Pure (Shattered Past, #3)
  • Always for You: Jack (Sergeant Joe's Boys, #1)
Three-time RITA finalist, Scarlett Cole, is a contemporary romantic suspense / contemporary romance author (represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency). Author of the Second Circle Tattoos Series. The Strongest Steel was a Best Debut Goodreads Author Finalist 2015, and Authors on the Air Global Radio Network #1 Contemporary Romance Pick for 2015.

When Scarlett isn't writing, she spends her time

Preload (4 books)
  • Elliott Redeemed (Preload, #2)
  • Nikan Rebuilt (Preload, #3)
  • Lennon Reborn (Preload, #4)
“I’m out of my depth. I don’t date. I don’t share. I don’t do small talk and bistros and ballerinas. I don’t do complicated. But you make me want to try, and it’s fucked up.
… “Try me, please,” she whispered.”
1 likes
“It’s like there are two sides to you. The gruff, antisocial rock star. And then there’s this whole other side that makes me burn.” 1 likes