Start by marking “A Disruptive Generosity: Stories of Transforming Cities Through Strategic Giving” as Want to Read:

It can seem like all you ever hear these days is bad news. Yet in the midst of contentious political posturing and stories of communities in trouble are stories of love, reconciliation, and restoration. Through a variety of innovative programs and initiatives, and flying mostly under the national news radar, Christian business leaders are bringing hope to blighted urban ...more
Published August 1st 2017 by Baker Books

To ask other readers questions about A Disruptive Generosity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Disruptive Generosity

Start your review of A Disruptive Generosity: Stories of Transforming Cities Through Strategic Giving
Bob
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Summary: Thirty-one stories of entrepreneurial business leaders whose strategic stewardship of their lives and their money have resulted in transformed lives and cities across the globe.

Mac Pier is a catalyst and a storyteller and he leverages these skills to host gatherings of Christian leaders in the business world to consider how they might impact their cities and their world. Then he tells the stories of these leaders to encourage others with these aspirations about the difference they can
Joan
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Can the wealthy make a difference in the Kingdom of God and influence the spread of the gospel? Pier believes that money can be used in the temporal realm to impact the eternal. He gives us many examples of wealthy people doing exactly that.

There are thirty one stories and Pier suggests reading one a day. He then suggests praying about how God can use us. There are points to remember at the end of each story as well as a printed prayer.

These are stories about people with great personal wealth.
Kathy Heare Watts
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A collection of stories through the joy of giving.

I won a copy of this book during a Goodreads giveaway. I am under no obligation to leave a review or rating and do so voluntarily. So that others may also enjoy this book, I am paying it forward by donating it to my local library.
Travis Heystek
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
A Disruptive Generosity was a good read. It wasn’t my favorite book I’ve read in the past year. I’m not even sure it makes the top ten, but it was well written and contained a lot of good stories.
I like the idea and the concept of each day being a short devotional style look into generosity. It was a nice idea to get people thinking about how they can live generously on a daily basis. So, keeping in mind that overall I enjoyed the book, let me tell you what I didn’t like. My biggest complaint
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Disruptive Generosity is a book that is one which will lift your soul. Do you ever feel as though you hear the negativity around the world and wonder where the good is? Do you feel like you wish you could be more generous with your time, money and resources? Well, you can! This book is great and will transform the way you live and think if you allow the principals of it to settle into your heart. Generosity is a lifestyle and one worth living out. This is a must book for anyone looking to be ...more
Michael Prier
Aug 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
NOT what I was expecting. Too much religion and preachy advice that would benefit anyone who believed in that mythology. I was hoping for some sort of transformative information to share to make a difference. So many quotations pulled from the bible to support the idea of giving and making a change. I think it would work with rich religious people. But how would it help the poor? Definitely not enjoyable. And that is my honest review.
victoria
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
This book was amazing writing and compelling series stories that showing us how modern-day leaders demonstrate the faithfulness of God in their disruptive generosity. God is indeed the Great Choreographer using our modern-day generosity to fulfill his ancient promises. This story was an inspiring road map to experiencing the joy of giving. I highly recommend to everyone must to read this book. “ I received complimentary a copy of this book from Baker Books Bloggers program for this review “.
Alexis