Start by marking “Justice Buried (Memphis Cold Case #2)” as Want to Read:
Justice Buried (Memphis Cold Case #2)

Justice Buried

(Memphis Cold Case #2)

In an effort to get her security consulting business off the ground, Kelsey Allen has been spending a lot of time up in the air, rappelling down buildings and climbing through windows to show business owners their vulnerabilities to thieves. When she is hired to pose as a conservator at the Pink Palace Museum in order to test their security weaknesses after some artifacts ...more
Published September 5th 2017 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Justice Buried, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice Buried

Start your review of Justice Buried (Memphis Cold Case #2)
Hannah
A fast-paced and interesting mystery-thriller. While the mere idea of hanging off the side of a building makes my palms sweat and my head get light, but this young woman won’t let even heights stand in her way.

It’s a page-turner with all the action, and it was a nice twist to have so many plausible suspects. An entire handful of people have motive and opportunity, and it’s one that definitely kept me guessing for awhile.

Brad was a character I really liked in the first book, and I had definitely
Cara Putman
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
An engaging read with an interesting hook. Definitely a nice way to spend a few hours especially if you like romantic suspense/mystery.
Staci
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solid suspense novel. In this second book of the series Kelsey’s father that disappeared 28 years ago under bad circumstances is the cold case.

Madison
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Justice Buried is an exciting and compelling suspense, with just a smidgen of romance to keep things really interesting. The idea for this book sounded wonderful - a woman who sneaks into buildings, cracks alarm codes, and rappels down walls all in the name of keeping things safe? Sign me up! The book's first line only amped up my interest for this story, and I was not disappointed.

Kelsey Allen is slowly building her security consultancy business. Her recent employment has involved posing as
Kav
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a sleep-depriving-red-eyes-in-the-morning kind of read because once you start Justice Buried there's no way you'll be able to stop. Intriguing, edge-of-your seat stuff! From the cold case (that's heating up with alarming speed) to the prickly, slow-start romance. And if there was ever a kick-butt heroine it's Kelsey! I mean she's like a Ninja female Spiderman. How could you not love a heroine who rappels down buildings for a living?!

Well, Brad has a few doubts at first. These two were
Audrey
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breached Security

Kelsey has been hired to discover how security was breached in a museum where artifacts were stolen. Shortly after she starts her new job her boss is murdered. Since she is capable of hacking computers and has cat burglary skills, police officer Brad is suspicious of her activities. Will the real thief and murderer be found before Kelsey's life is endangered?
Debbie
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Justice Buried" is a romantic suspense novel. It's the second book in a series, but it works as a stand-alone novel. There was plenty of excitement: breaking into buildings, being shot at, bombs, and more. The suspense came from physical danger to Kelsey, sometimes danger she chose but also that from the murderer.

However, I didn't really understand why Kelsey's employer wanted her to physically break into the buildings after she proved that she could. After proving that she knew what she was
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
JUSTICE BURIED is the second book in Ms. Bradley's Memphis Cold Case series. The first book is Justice Delayed. I haven't had the opportunity to read the first book in this series, or any of Ms. Bradley's previous books, so I was looking forward to reading this one. Like I said, I didn't read the first book in this series, but JUSTICE BURIED stands alone.

Kelsey is very definitely an active heroine. She is an expert rock climber and does stuff in the normal course of her day that would cause a
Caitlyn Santi
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Patricia Bradley is one of my favorite romantic suspense authors and this book confirmed yet again why she has a permanent spot on my list of favorite authors! I have been looking forward to Brad's story since meeting him in Justice Delayed, and I was immediately hooked on this story from the first page, I think actually the first sentence! Brad was every bit as fabulous a hero as I knew he would be! I really liked Kelsey and felt like she was a perfect match for Brad, I liked how she was the ...more
Rebecca
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
"She closed her eyes and concentrated on her breathing. "I can do this'."

When security specialist Kelsey Allen climbed over the ledge of a fourteen story building, dangling dangerously from a cable secured on the rooftop, proving to her employer that a breach of security was indeed possible through an unlocked window, she never imagined to be caught in the cross hairs of a murder scene. . . . . . .until a second murder is committed while she is attending a fund raising event at Memphis'
Denise Hershberger
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've never encountered a woman with so much ambition to start a business as Kelsey has! Her ingenuity and bravery are amazing. I've always loved books with strong female leads that can keep up with the guys - or even do better than them. I also really liked Brad. I like that he seeks justice but also can seem to see the bigger picture too. But most of all I love how protective he is.

I think what I liked most about this book was the unique combination of skills that Kelsey has. I loved her
Melissa
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: libraries-2018
This was a fantastic story! From the characters to the premise, I absolutely loved this book. It drew me in from the very beginning and kept me enthralled to the end. The mysteries surrounding the museum and Kelsey's career were very interesting and unusual plot points and they kept me wondering what would happen next. I read a LOT of suspense/mysteries and this was one of the best I have come across. Great read!!
Sandra Orchard
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed delving into this cold case mystery. The heroine, Kelsey Allen is a unique security specialist and an art conservator and the story revolves around a murder and thefts at the Pink Palace Museum, which really sparked my interest. I can tell Bradley did her research too!

Kelsey is a bit of a prickly character that took me a couple of chapters to warm up to, but Bradley gives us plenty of insight into her past, which helps us understand what drives her and makes the work cut out
Pam Graber
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Patricia Bradley is in my top five when it comes to romantic suspense writers. Her books crackle with both romantic sparks and intense suspense. Justice Buried, book #2 in the Memphis Cold Case series, begins with security expert Kelsey Allen rappelling down the side of a 14-story building. Tasked with finding the security weaknesses in the building, she swoops in as The Phantom Hawk, and proves that the seemingly unbreachable, is actually vulnerable. As she pulls herself back up the building ...more
Gloria
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Justice Buried is the second book in the Memphis Cold Case series and is a romantic suspense that kept me interested from the beginning until to the end. It has all the ingredients that make a mystery great--likable characters, murder, danger and a good setting and plot.
Kelsey Allen has experience working as a conservator of a museum but she really wants to start her own security company. She gets her chance when her step father's business friend, Walter Rutherford, hires her to find weaknesses
Kelly Bridgewater
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Justice Buried by Patricia Bradley is a fast moving suspense novel with the heroine running for her life. Throughout the entire book, I couldn't wait to see what happened to Kelsey Allen. I like my mysteries, thrillers, and suspense to have the same type of things: great characters, a life-threatening incident, and a plot that keeps me wondering. In Justice Buried, Bradley does a good job at all three.

The writing is clear and concise. I had no problem figuring out what the setting looked like,
Becky
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
In Justice Buried, Patricia Bradley has written an engaging suspense novel with just a touch of romance. The plot centers around Kelsey Allen, a woman trying to get her security consulting business off the ground, and Brad Hollister, the police detective who agrees to help her look into her father's long-ago disappearance.

When Kelsey poses as a museum conservator while investigating security flaws at the Pink Palace museum, it soon becomes apparent that someone knows exactly who she is ... and
Lisa Johnson
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Justice Buried (Memphis Cold Case Series #2)
Author: Patricia Bradley
Pages: 384
Year: 2017
My rating 5 out of 5 stars.
The series begins with the first novel titled, Justice Delayed that was released earlier in 2017. Now, readers will enjoy book two in the series, Justice Buried that for me was more thrilling than the first novel! The main female character named Kelsey Allen is a woman who has guarded her heart for years, carried pain from her past and turned into one of the best athletic and
Mark
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I first became acquainted with Patricia Bradley's writing when I read and reviewed her Logan Point Series. Those were her first trade paperback books she wrote, and I thoroughly enjoyed all four books in that series.

If possible, this series is even better. The idea of cold cases and the solving of them has intrigued me for quite some time, so I was happy to see a favorite author of mine tackle cold cases in a series. I reviewed the first book, Justice Delayed, and it got the series off to a
Joan
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this novel. It is another good romantic suspense from Bradley.

I liked Kelsey, the main character. She is an enterprising and talented young woman, and a superb rock climber. She is working to find the lapses in security for businesses. Not only is she great at hacking, she can also repel from rooftops and sneak in windows left open. What she does is not illegal as she is hired by the company to find their chinks. That's hard to explain to the police when a murdered man is found in a
V. Palmer
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first Patricia Bradley book, but I quite enjoyed it!

In a lot of ways, this book felt like an episode of Bones - only less gross! I really enjoyed the glimpse into the workings of a museum and a conservator's work. The white hat hacker angle was a lot of fun, even if it was slightly terrifying. ; ) *runs security check on computer* And the twists and turns and action, oh my! The action grabbed me from the first chapter, and I stayed up WAY too late to finish this fast-paced novel.
Janka H.
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Security consultant Kelsey Allen is just doing her job - she is trying to find the holes in the Pink Palace Museums security settings (well, it includes a wall climbing during the night), when a man shoots a bullet after her. And this starts the unraveling of the forgotten murder - of someone Kelsey knows well, whose past acts has put a lot of shame on her shoulders. But are the things really as thez seem to be?
Certainly, not always - as Detective Brad Hollister realizes when he is called to
Natalie Walters
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
The next Memphis Cold Case series and my favorite so far!

From the very first page I was drawn into Kelsey Allen's life from her unique career to the threat of what that career means to her life and the lives of those she loves.

I enjoyed the mystery of the past coming back to haunt the main character and the complexity of the suspects, which left me guessing to the very end. My only disappointment with this story is the romance thread...First, let me say that I appreciated the fact that Ms.
Vera Godley
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found Patricia Bradley's second in the Memphis Cold Case series to be interesting and an enjoyable read on several levels.

I found the characters niched into their gender and professions. It was quite fitting that a 2017s 20 to 30 year old female, Kelsey the lead female, would be a strong climber. While this is not quite the norm, it is a growing trend among the young adults of today. Also, that she was a computer hacker par excellence. These two elements are major components in the story.

Amy
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Justice Buried is the second installment from Patricia Bradley’s Memphis Cold Case series. I have not read the first book in the series, so I believe can be read as a stand-alone. I did not feel like I was missing anything. However, I do plan to go back and read Justice Delayed in the near future.
I enjoyed Justice Buried. I thought the characters, Kelsey and Brad, were great. The plot is exciting, suspenseful, action packed, and romantic. It was hard to put the book down because I wanted to
Eileen
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. New author for me and like the style of writing. Great suspenseful story about a gal beginning a security consulting business. She is enjoying the challenge and then things change from a theft to murder. Also her heart becomes involved when she works with someone from the past and romance may be on the agenda.
Elaine Stock
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed all of Patricia Bradley's novels, but this is the best one yet! I loved the chemistry between Kelsey and Brad. Plus, the character of Kelsey is so original and creative. An overall suspenseful and fun read!
Just Commonly
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Justice Buried by Patricia Bradley is the second book in the Memphis Cold Case series, but it can definitely read on its own. Thrilling and fast-paced, this story hooked me from the very first page as our character, Kelsey rappelling down a side of a building. As a security specialist, she hacks and she finds loopholes in "breaking and entering" physical sites as well as digital ones. I think it's refreshing to see Kelsey's skills in the security area and her emotional connection to her father's ...more
Courtney J Ridings
Justice Buried

I thoroughly enjoyed Justice Buried. The author did an excellent job of building the suspense throughout the book. You don’t see the end coming. It’s a must read.
Tamara Tilley
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, patricia-bradley
The Memphis Cold Case series by Patricia Bradley will keep you turning page after page. Since I read both JUSTICE DELAYED and JUSTICE BURIED in quick succession, I decided to combine my reviews.

JUSTICE DELAYED - Andi Hollister, TV crime reporter, is always looking for a story. Unfortunately, she has a knack for getting herself into dangerous situations. Andi’s brother, Detective Brad Hollister, and his best friend, Detective Will Kincaide, are constantly after Andi for taking unnecessary risks.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please Add Cover 2 10 Mar 15, 2017 01:05PM

• Vanishing Point (Nikki Boyd Files #4)
  • Code of Valor (Blue Justice, #3)
  • Called to Protect (Blue Justice, #2)
  • Oath of Honor (Blue Justice, #1)
  • Deadly Proof (Atlanta Justice, #1)
  • Blind Betrayal (Defenders of Justice #3)
  • Fire Storm (Kaely Quinn Profiler #2)
  • Dark Prophecy
  • Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #1)
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Not Alone (The Detectives of Hazel Hill #1)
  • Lethal Target (Line of Duty #2)
  • Pursued (The Detectives of Hazel Hill #2)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
  • Crisis Shot (Line of Duty, #1)
  • Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations, #1)
  • A Frightful Noel (The Detectives of Hazel Hill #0.5)
  • Dark Deception (Defenders of Justice #2)
Winner of an Inspirational Readers’ Choice Award in Suspense, Patricia Bradley lives in North Mississippi with her rescue kitty, Suzy, and loves to write suspense with a twist of romance. Her Logan Point series is available at all on-line retailers and major bookstores. In September 2017, JUSTICE BURIED, the second book in the Memphis Cold Case Novels will release.

Her workshops on writing include

Memphis Cold Case (4 books)
  • Justice Delayed (Memphis Cold Case #1)
  • Justice Betrayed (Memphis Cold Case #3)
  • Justice Delivered (Memphis Cold Case #4)