Start by marking “An Inconvenient Beauty (Hawthorne House, #4)” as Want to Read:
An Inconvenient Beauty (Hawthorne House, #4)

An Inconvenient Beauty

(Hawthorne House #4)

Griffith, Duke of Riverton, likes order, logic, and control, so he naturally applies this rational approach to his search for a bride. While he's certain Miss Frederica St. Claire is the perfect wife for him, she is strangely elusive, and he can't seem to stop running into her stunningly beautiful cousin, Miss Isabella Breckenridge.

Isabella should be enjoying her society d
Published September 5th 2017 by Bethany House Publishers (first published September 2017)

Aerykah
*sigh* A new one for my favorites list... :)

I'm going to be honest here and admit that I was a little concerned about this book-- if you read my review for the previous book, you'll understand why. And I know I'm not the only one who felt this way so I just wanted to say right away that you have absolutely nothing to worry about! This book is fantastic and I loved it!!

Now.  Moving on to one of the main reasons that I loved this book.  Griffith.  I love him!  Before, I really wasn't all that inte
Hannah
This book was quite the fun read! I was terribly disappointed in book three, so I went in with a great deal of skepticism, but I really enjoyed the read. Frankly, from the preface, where Griffith (the hero) and Ryland (hero from book one) are pulling a boyhood prank, the characters fully ran away with my heart. I easily stayed interested through the rest of the story.

It’s a tale with a nice flavor of the Regency period in it. Because I enjoyed it so much, I felt generous and gave it four stars (
Toni Shiloh
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank goodness for brooding heroes and inconvenient beauties. I loved the fourth Hawthorne House book. Griffith story's was definitely my favorite! *sigh* I'm not quite sure what I'll do now that the series has come to an end but I'm so glad it ended with a bang. Seriously, Griffith is a hero next to Mr. Darcy. Total brood and charm and a heart for family. Ms. Hunter did an awesome job.
Haley S
Aaawww!!! LOVE this book!!!!

Official Review:
Time for me to fangirl, fangirl, fangirl till I see the sun!!! (Get my One Direction spin-off quote?!)
This book is so good! I couldn’t put it down. Well, I had to put it down because it was getting a little too late and I had to be up just a little too early.
From the first chapter to the last, this story was awesome. I am so happy that I finally got to read Griffith’s story. Yay! All of the Hawthornes are living happily ever after! But I am sad to see
Tammie
An Inconvenient Beauty is part of the Hawthorn House series of clean romance books. This is the second book in the series that I've read, but I didn't read them in order. It worked out ok though as each book stands on its own. I didn't like this one as much as A Noble Masquerade. It wasn't bad, but there were a few things that I found mildly irritating.

I felt there was too much emphasis on Isabella's beauty. I know it played a big part in the whole plot, but it got old and I wasn't really sure
Beth
It’s always such a lovely feeling to come to the end of a well-loved series like Hawthorne House. An Inconvenient Beauty was the story of the final and oldest Hawthorne sibling, Griffith, a duke and a man who likes calm and order in life. Isabella Breckenridge puts a kink in his well-laid plans. Though Griffith plans to court the practical Frederica St. Clair, Frederica seems immune to his status and attentions, while he seems to constantly bump into her cousin Isabella.

Though the story was slow
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I was able to read each book in this series back to back, and it was so fun to be immersed in the Regency time period with the members of the Hawthorne family. This last book is Griffith's story, and I was excited for it since he was such a great character in the previous books. While the plot isn't too involved, it was enjoyable to see Griffith plan for one wife and end up falling in love with her cousin- who he discovers is unattainable, even for a duke. I admired his persistence while still t ...more
Betsy Ann
First, can I just say how much I've enjoyed the entire Hawthorne House series?! I was a bit sad when I finished the last page of Griffith's story and realized that it was the final novel in the series. I think this is a series I will reread at least once more.

Though not my favorite of the 4.5 novels (An Elegant Facade still claims that spot!), I once again found myself immersed in the story. I loved Griffith, and while I struggled to connect with Isabella at first, I came to warm to her as well
Sarah Monzon
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The family dynamics are what make this series one to come back to with each book. Especially with how they interact with each other. It's fun and light when you need something to read to just get away from it all.
Kav
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Swoonworthy Regency Alert! Dust off those fainting couches and grab your smelling salts because at long last it is the Duke of Riverton himself who is destined for romance. And what a deliciously decadent though bittersweet read this one is. That's because An Inconvenient Beauty is the last book in the Hawthorne House series. I'm currently inconsolable over this dastardly fact. Luckily I'm still basking in the warm glow of Regency euphoria brought upon by this spectacular grande finale.

No worrie
Jamie
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
2.5 - I was a fan of the early novels in this series, but the past two I just haven't connected with as well. With this one, I couldn't pin point one thing, but the continued focus on how beautiful she was (while I get was part of the plot), was something I see more often then not. I think for me it was a bit unoriginal and I found myself skimming a bit towards the end.

I think if you've enjoyed her previous ones, you might still want to check this one out. It just wasn't for me.
Loraine
I have eagerly awaited Griffith's story, and it did not disappoint.

Having been the head of the household and Duke since the age of 10 when his father died, Griffith has carried the responsibility for his family and always put himself last. Now that his siblings are all married and his mother has remarried, he feels it is finally time to find himself a wife. Just as he approaches all the other facets of his life, Griffith looks at each young woman of the "ton" and weighs their pros and cons until
Alicia
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked An Inconvenient Beauty a lot more than the third and almost as much as the first and second! Griffith was already a very likeable character in all the previous books, but he was so sweet without even realizing it in this one that I just melted into a puddle. It was also amusing to see Griffith’s carefully thought-out (and “logical”) plans not go the way he pictured! This was a fabulous conclusion to a really great series and I can't wait to read what the author writes next!
Nicki Chapelway
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure how I would like reading Griffith's story, I mean out of all the siblings he seemed the least interesting. Which is probably what made this book so interesting. It was so funny seeing Griffith come upon awkward and uncomfortable situations and have to learn to adapt and overcome (the horrors!). I have an older sister just like Griffith so maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part that perhaps someday she'll loosen up too.

I was provided a copy of this book, but a favorable review
Jane Potter
Andrea Boyd
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There's a lot I can say about why I loved this book, but I'll narrow it down to one moment. You go through, anticipating that moment when everything comes together, and it's so beautiful, I bust out crying. that hardly ever happens for me, but it is a true sign that I have read a great book.
Caitlyn Santi
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the prequel novella to this series a while back and really enjoyed it, but was too swamped with other books to read the rest of the series as it released, but I did finally read the first book in the series A Noble Masquerade earlier this year and I absolutely loved every second of it and knew I wanted to read Griffith's story when it released!
I was so looking forward to getting to know Griffith better, it was so great to get inside his head, he was every bit the amazing hero I knew he wo
Melissa
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can't believe this is the last of the Hawthorne books. I have so enjoyed this series. You know it's a good book when I don't want to be bothered to do anything but read. I soaked up this story all day and was engrossed in the lives of Griffith, Isabella and Freddie:} We've know Griffith for so many books as the stiff, huge Duke that takes care of everyone. I have so looked forward to his story and couldn't wait to meet the woman who finally captured his heart. My only issue was the problem in ...more
Shantelle
3.5 stars.

I have quite enjoyed reading the HAWTHORNE HOUSE series by Kristi Ann Hunter. It was exciting to be getting to know Griffith and Isabella in An Inconvenient Beauty. This author's characters are fun, and stories intriguing and ofttimes, meaningful.

Griffith is the duke who never dances. Isabella is a rare beauty, dancing with every man at the ball. Griffith is determined not to pursue her - rather, her cousin. But Isabella has a secret and a need for help ...

I enjoyed this book, though n
Rachael
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As sad as I am to have reached the end of the Hawthorne House novels, I have to say the series ended in a highly satisfactory manner. Griffith (he-who-is-always-in-control) definitely meets his match in Isabella--not that she deliberately tests his control, but that she is so far out of the running for a bride that she worms her way under his shell before either of them realize what's happening.

I enjoyed that plain, boring Fredrika--Bella's cousin--is not actually a boring person; she might be
Melanie
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-read
An Inconvenient Beauty is the 4th (and I think final) book in the Hawthorne House series. I was a little nervous to start this one after being disappointed in the third book, but I'm happy to say that this one was so good and I'd like to just forget about the previous book. ;)

I loved the characters and getting to know Griffith more. While the romance wasn't something I loved, it was still sweet at times. The book was written very well and the storyline was easy to follow.

All in all, I really en
Staci
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
In this fourth and final story, we get Griffith's story. He is the oldest son and initially decides to get married because it is his duty to produce an heir. His heart is then stolen and pursuit of marriage is no longer an obligation.

Overall, I enjoyed An Inconvenient Beauty. I grew a bit weary of the focus on Isabella's beauty though.

I'm not sure if the 1st or 2nd in the series is my favorite. I'd place this novel firmly as my 3rd favorite.
Cara Putman
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Regency perfection. I didn't want this book to end.
Karis
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Kristi Ann Hunter couldn’t have ended this series any better in my opinion. I had been looking forward to Griffith’s book for some time now, and it was worth the wait. I knew how talented of an author she was, and knowing Griffith with his logical, unromantic approach to life, I couldn’t wait to see her throw a curve ball at.

And she did a remarkable job! I laughed frequently during this book and was drawn into it emotionally more than other of her books. All the rest of the Hawthorne famil
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
** 4.5 stars***

I am very sad that this is the last book of the "Hawthorne House" series. I have come to love reading about this family!

This book lived up to my expectations, and they were high. Kristi Ann Hunter always delivers a book with great characters and is fun to read.

In this story, the eldest son, and the Duke, is learning what it is like to love. He always appears put together and intimidating. He takes his role and Duke and head of the family seriously and does it well. He "thinks" tha
Lori
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Inconvenient Beauty was a delightful end to the Hawthorne House series. Throughout the series, I was looking forward to how Griffith’s story would play out. I wasn’t disappointed and especially enjoyed seeing glimpses of his lighter side. I also loved Isabellas’s character and thought Miss St. Claire’s was such a fun addition to the story. I really enjoyed the entire series and can’t wait to see what Ms. Hunter has in store for the next series!
Amy
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a HUGE fan of regency literature, and while this market is flooded with books, its a rare find to come across an author that does this so on the mark. The research is impeccable. For an American author to get right the super fine details (which I notice as a British reader), it is very much appreciated by me. Kristi Ann Hunter has written a top quality series, Hawthorne House. This book is the final book of a 4 plus 1 novella series. Reading a series is special, especially one in which you l ...more
Iola
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Griffith, Duke of Riverton, has decided it is time he completed his familial duty to marry and produce an heir. He has set his sights on Miss Frederica St Clare, who is perfect for him in every way. Except one: he discovers she has a previous love.

Can he compete with a dead man?

Worse, he finds himself attracted to Miss St Clare’s cousin, Miss Isabella Breckenridge. Miss Breckenridge is everything he doesn’t want in a wife—young, beautiful, a diamond of the first water. Or is she? As the Season p
Natacha Ramos
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I especially enjoyed the first half of this book. I found it kind of interesting and very funny at times. Griffith was a splendid character, my favorite by far!

However, the second half, where everything was about solving the mess characters had created up to that moment, wasn’t very good in my opinion. I was not completely involved in that part of the story, and Isabella got a bit annoying to me.

I think the problems were not that difficult to solve, so it seemed as if the story was prolonged unn
Rebecca
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
"The prospect of being bait hadn't seemed so daunting until she was actually surrounded by the trap with no way out, no way home, and no other way to save her family."

Desperation can drive a young woman to despair; so naturally when the beautiful Isabella Breckenridge entered into an agreement with her uncle, in order to save her nearly destitute family, she never imagined the conundrum that her harmless flirting would create. Caught between who she really is and who her uncle has presented her
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 04, 2017 08:21AM

• The Dishonorable Miss DeLancey (Regency Brides: A Legacy of Grace, #3)
  • A Lady Unrivaled (Ladies of the Manor, #3)
  • Out of the Ordinary (Apart From the Crowd, #2)
  • Long Journey Home (Longing for Home, #4)
  • Shine Like the Dawn
  • The Weaver's Daughter
  • A Heart's Rebellion (London Encounters, #2)
  • The Vicar's Daughter
  • A Note Yet Unsung (Belmont Mansion, #3)
  • Heart on the Line (Ladies of Harper’s Station, #2)
Kristi Ann Hunter graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in Computer Science but always knew she wanted to write. Kristi is an RWA Golden Heart contest winner, an ACFW Genesis contest winner, and a Georgia Romance Writers Maggie Award for Excellence winner. She lives with her husband and three children in Georgia. Find her online at www.kristiannhunter.com.

Hawthorne House (4 books)
  • A Noble Masquerade (Hawthorne House, #1)
  • An Elegant Façade (Hawthorne House, #2)
  • An Uncommon Courtship (Hawthorne House, #3)
“I find myself drawn to her, even though she’s an entirely illogical choice.” Georgina coughed. “I wouldn’t lead with that. It doesn’t even work for fictional men.” 3 likes
“Isabella frowned and banged the keys harder than necessary. “And if I don’t want the duke’s attentions?” “You’re already miserable, so what difference will it make?” 2 likes