Start by marking “Crown of Souls (Tox Files #2)” as Want to Read:
Crown of Souls (Tox Files #2)

Crown of Souls

(Tox Files #2)

Six months after stopping a deadly plague, Cole "Tox" Russell and his team are enjoying a little rest. That peace is short-lived when a sniper shot hits Tox. The enemy is discovered to be one of their own, a rogue Special Forces team operator.
Alec King is perhaps the only person as skilled as Tox, and he's out for justice. Furious with orders that got his men killed, he
Published September 5th 2017 by Bethany House Publishers (first published September 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Crown of Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crown of Souls

Steffani W
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything!!! I absolutely loved the whole thing! Digging deep into the heart of Tox and the way he views himself was an intense journey and I loved the way Ronie handles Tox and Haven's relationship. Life isn't always perfect but it's worth the effort! The book felt very Captain America and Bucky Barnes meets Indiana Jones! Just fantastic!! I laughed, I panicked, I sighed with happiness, I cheered. Book 3 can't come soon enough!!
Toni Shiloh
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Tox!!

Crown of Souls, book 2 in the Tox files, is even better than Conspiracy of Silence. The opening completely hooked me! Seriously, Ms. Kendig is the queen of killer openings!

I was riveted and happily jumped back into the world of Tox and his crew. Cell was back with his sarcastic humor. Thor with his mighty glower. Ram and all his mystery. Maangi with his stealth.
And Haven. The romance between Russell and Haven had its ups and downs. Y'all, I can't even. I wish I could lay it all out
Cara Putman
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect for those who love Tom Clancey or Dan Brown style books but with a spiritual thread and a romance. The action is tense, the writing sharp, and I inhaled this novel. It follows closely on the heels of Conspiracy of Silence and the action launches from the very first page. You could read this without the prior book, but it may make more sense if you read them in order. I am already anticipating the next volume of the Tox Files.
Naomi Shores
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Edge of your seat. A rush against time to stop a former soldier who is on a path of destruction. Cole "Tox" Russell and his team are brought into this mission by a madman, a former team member of his. There is a Crown of Souls that is being used to annihilate people and they must stop it before it's too late. This story goes from one Biblical historical site to another with archeological artifacts thrown in and Biblical history. If you like military and Indiana Jones type stories, this is f ...more
C.M.
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely amazing!!!!!

I was so fortunate to win an ARC of this book. I read it it about a day, and absolutely loved it!

I think the Tox Files is far and away the best series Ronie Kendig has ever written and I am dying to get my hands on book 3!
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Once again, I was drawn into the intense world of Tox and his team as they race to try and get ahead of the devastation being wrought by a powerful crown in the wrong hands. There are many facets to the story that weave together and enhance its complexity, including flashbacks to ancient times when we see the crown in use in another dangerous era. Tox and Haven's relationship is still new and is tested when they once again work together under extraordinary pressure and circumstances. I loved the ...more
Natalie Walters
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Buckle up butter cup because Tox has returned and he ain't holding back.

Cole "Tox" Russell and his team are home and enjoying a new "normal" when their lives are thrust into yet another mission--and this one's personal. An ancient crown that carries a lethal legend; imminent danger to those Tox loves; and a past that won't let him believe there's hope. Reading this story is like watching an epic Indiana Jones adventure... on steroids.

What I love about Ms. Kendig's writing is her ability to make
Emilie Hendryx
Riveting and thrilling, Ronie Kendig delivers a truly epic adventure with Crown of Souls.

***

I eagerly awaited this book after finishing Conspiracy of Silence and I was definitely not disappointed!

I really enjoyed this second installment of the Tox Files and getting to know more about Cole “Tox” Russell. I think one of my favorite things was the fact that we got to see a bit more of the depth of his character in this book. He was already a fully-fleshed character in Conspiracy of Silence but ev
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
In my opinion, Crown of Souls is Ronie Kendig’s best novel so far. And I love all of her novels! But this book is just a cut above.

Crown of Souls is non-stop tension from every side – from relationships, high-stakes suspense, spiritual battles, and a race against madness. In addition to the spot-on tactical action, this series has a delightful Dan Brown/Indiana Jones feel that keeps you completely captivated. In fact, Kendig nods at everyone’s favorite archaeologist from time to time on the page
Fiction Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Step aside, Frodo Baggins. Indiana Jones, eat your heart out! Cole 'Tox' Russell is on the job, and while he may be full of self-doubt, I'm with Haven. He's the best!

Seriously, I'm not sure what I can say about Ronie Kendig or her books that I haven't said already. Some writers are great with the high-stakes action, others are great at delving into their characters and really getting to the heart of what makes them tick, but I have never come across an author who combines the two as well as Roni
Katie
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
It took me longer than normal to get into this book. And now that I've finished this book, I know it was all set up for the story and the next one.
Like most of Kendig's books, this one has a lot of characters and takes careful reading to grasp the full story. And I enjoyed slowing down and savoring this story.
In Crown of Souls, Cole faces his demons. Both his past and what he sees of his future. As his team faces Alec and tries to solve the riddle of the Crown, he has to deal with himself and
Brittany
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The complexity and depth of this novel takes my breath away! Crown of Souls is packed with intense danger, roiling with romantic tension, and tempered by the possibility that Cole may not be able to separate himself from the one wreaking havoc throughout the world.

The Tox Files is such a great series! I love the combination of present and past in the books and the way the threats to the modern world are totally wrapped up in items connected to the ancient world. Cole Russell is one deep characte
Sarah Monzon
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just. What can I say? ...wow....
Ashley
Sometimes a book is so good that I struggle to put into words just how amazing it is. Crown of Souls is just that kind of book. It took me a little bit to get my thoughts about it in order. Usually, after I finish reading a book, I immediately go write my review. But not with this one. There was so much sheer awesomeness that it took me a day to figure out what to say.

Wow! What a way to start a book! I was hooked from that very first sentence. This is a big book, but it went by lightning quick.
Deena
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritereads
What does an author with the tagline "Rapid-fire Suspense do with her next series? She ratchets up and turns that rapid fire ability on it's ever lovin' head!

Crown of Souls joins forces with its preceding novels to bring the military vibe--extremely authentic as always--and weaves a mysterious thread of the supernatural into the tale.

The cast of characters leaves you breathless and wanting more NOW, and the result? Not only does Kendig swing for the fence, she obliterates any competition for the
Becka Jiménez
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fbi-military
Once again Ronie Kendig draws us into a complex world of military, history, and fantasy. The story she weaves has so many layers that all work together, building to a such a climax that you can't stop reading!

I'm continually impressed with her knowledge & use of both historical & geographical information as well as her military vocabulary & descriptions. Better than any action flick, Kendig's books play the scenes before you as you are both main character & a fly on the wall.

To
Kelly Bridgewater
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my goodness! I love Tox and his fellow team members. I would love to hear a story about Ram and his background. He intrigues me with his character and his dependability. Maybe someday. As for now, I will stick to Tox who shines in the Tox Files by Ronie Kendig. When I read a Kendig novel, I know that I'm getting a novel with tons of military personnel in a war ravage war area. Kendig does a good job at creating characters who shine on the page and jump right into my heart. With her latest add ...more
Rachael
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Indiana Jones
I love the Indiana Jones-esque theme to these books (and the fact they they even reference him in the story)--the ancient history and supernaturally powerful artifacts make these books so different from the average military suspense. And I was most pleased to have my suspicions about a certain questionable character confirmed!

Since I love the racing around the globe and focus on the ancient historical sights, the beginning felt a little slow to me as they figure out what's going on and prepare
Rebecca
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"It took one ten thousandth of a second . . . . . .for the bullet to rip through his shoulder."

Cole "Tox" Russell and his team of Special Forces soldiers are suddenly drawn towards the front lines of a battle they never expected to fight, when a former teammate turns rogue. Alec King is deliriously fighting a battle of his own; a deliberate, barbaric war of revenge against high level officers who allowed his men to be killed during a high-level military maneuver.

When it becomes apparent that a
Shannon Schultz
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. WORD!!!! This book was amazing! Ronie Kendig has done it again! I am continually amazed at the giftedness of this author! I thoroughly enjoyed each page and couldn't put it down! It gets your heart pumping with the first page and it doesn't end - even at the finish! The character development of Cole Russel (Tox) throughout the book helps you understand his struggles and as the reader you yearn for good things to come his way! One favorite line from the book is, "Men like Cole warned off ...more
Michelle Kidwell
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Crown of Souls

by Ronie Kendig

Bethany House

Bethany House Publishers

Christian

Pub Date 05 Sep 2017

I am reviewing a copy of Crown of Souls through Bethany House Publishers and Netgalley:

Cole "Tox" Russell and his team are enjoying a little rest six months after stopping a deadly plague. But sadly that Peace is short-lived after Tony is hit by a sniper shot.

Alec King is likely the only one who has skills comparable to Tony's and he is determined to see that they get justice, he wants to make those r
Mikal Dawn
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jaw-dropping, heart-poundingly incredible.

In looking back at my reviews of Ronie Kendig’s books, I’m pretty sure that with each release, I’ve called it her best yet.

I don’t lie. And I’m saying it again today. Crown of Souls is her best work yet.

Kendig not only brings her signature rapid-fire action, but ties it so intricately and brilliantly with intrigue, supernatural happenings, and a tender thread of romance. To do all this takes extreme talent.

Cole “Tox” Russell fights his own demons while t
Beth Erin
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review on Faithfully Bookish

Crown of Souls is not your average bookish journey. Kendig delivers an all-out world class high stakes expedition for the reader-heart! With its soaring highs, gut-wrenching lows, and diverse band of authentic characters, this story deeply engages readers across the full spectrum of emotions!

Cole "Tox" Russell is a completely intoxicating character. History, action, romance, mystery, faith, you name it, Crown of Souls delivers! It's all there and masterfully craf
Marian Baay
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It has been a while since I’ve read a book this good! “Crown of Souls” kept my attention all the way and I didn’t want to stop reading – and if I had to stop, I couldn’t wait to get back to it!
I love all the ingredients that make up this story; fast-paced action, special forces, secret mission, a mysterious artifact, historical facts, biblical truths, digging deep into the mind and heart of Tox who wrestles with his conscience, a Special Forces operator gone rogue, and more!
I also loved the humo
Ashley Nikole
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FULLY FREAKIN' IMMERSIVE PEEEPLLESSS!!! From the in-depth, FULL TECHNICOLOUR historic details, to the breathtaking world travelling vistas, to the swoon worthy (emphasis on swoon) romance, to the crazy tactical fight scenes- LIKE WHOAH. Crown of Souls has it all.
If you love a good suspsense, military, Indiana Jones/National Treasure ish vibe, CROWN OF SOULS should do it for you. I loved getting to know the characters on a deeper level with this second book in the Tox Files series.

Do what you n
Paige Newsom
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's an exciting combination of history, mystery, and true-to-life heroes fighting against evil. If you want to get a good night's sleep, don't start this book at bedtime! There are only a few authors whose books I will always buy an read. Ronie Kendig's books are in this category and Crown of Souls does not disappoint.

I received a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review.
Kaitlyn Krispense
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it

Um, wow. One of those books where you finish an intense chapter and just kinda stare at the wall and take a deep breath—or several—before starting the next.
Rosalyn
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous, action-packed volume from Ronie Kendig! It's like being in the middle of an action movie or a CIA episode.
I loved this book, from the beginning, to the very end. It's one of those books that I was afraid to finish. And yet, couldn't bear not to! (But then, that's what I've found from all of Ms. Kendig's novels)

Cole (Tox) & his team are back in another adventure; he's in a relationship with the lovely Haven; and they are on a quest to locate an old friend, and the crown tha
Ryan Hillis
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great Christian thriller

• Rule of Law
  • The Wounded Shadow (The Darkwater Saga, #3)
  • Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations, #1)
  • An Elegant Solution
  • Secret Refuge (Wings of Danger #2)
  • The Sea Before Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #1)
  • The Secrets of Paper and Ink
  • Tide and Tempest (Edge of Freedom, #3)
  • Ghost Heart
  • The Aleppo Code  (The Jerusalem Prophecies, #3)
  • Somebody Like You
  • The Black Madonna (Storm Syrrell #2)
  • Protection Detail (Capitol K-9 Unit #1)
  • Trial & Tribulations (Windy Ridge #1)
  • Tangled Webs (Men of Valor, #3)
  • Cold Shot (Chesapeake Valor, #1)
  • Wounds
  • The Raven (Coffey & Hill #2)
Ronie Kendig is an award-winning, bestselling author who grew up an Army brat. She married her own hunky hero, who’s an Army veteran. After twenty-plus years of marriage, she and her husband have a full life with four children and a retired military working dog. Ronie’s degree in psychology has helped her pen novels of raw, broken characters.

Since launching onto the publishing scene, Ronie’s Rapi

Tox Files (3 books)
  • Conspiracy of Silence (Tox Files, #1)
  • Thirst of Steel (The Tox Files, #3)
“Haven sighed. Then shrugged. "He's the best man I know, but he believes himself to be the worst. He sees himself as some...monster." She narrowed her eyes, watching Cole, thinking how best to help him. "I don't know how to change that.” 1 likes
“Because he listened to you. When everything in him told him to fight, he listened." Mr. Tzaddik's kind brown eyes met hers. "Loving a warrior is not easy. I pray our Lord Jesus will strengthen you for the journey” 1 likes