Start by marking “The Bloodprint (The Khorasan Archives, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bloodprint (The Khorasan Archives, #1)

The Bloodprint

(The Khorasan Archives #1)

A dark power called the Talisman has risen in the land, born of ignorance and persecution. Led by a man known only known as the One-eyed Preacher, it is a cruel and terrifying movement bent on world domination—a superstitious patriarchy that suppresses knowledge and subjugates women. And it is growing.

But there are those who fight the Talisman's spread, including the Compa
Published October 3rd 2017 by Harper Voyager

Start your review of The Bloodprint (The Khorasan Archives, #1)
Melanie

ARC provided by the publisher via Harper Voyager in exchange for an honest review.

“Did the Bloodprint represent deliverance or deception?”
The Bloodprint is the first in a series and a debut adult fantasy novel that is very diverse and truly celebrates the importance of words, and what happens when we take away basic human rights to people that are deemed lesser. This book is a good blend of magic and religion and everything in-between. And ultimately this story is about breaking slav
Mogsy (MMOGC)
2 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/11/06/...

I’ve had my fair share of disappointments when it comes to books this fall, but not enjoying The Bloodprint as much as I thought I would somehow makes this one feel worse. I wanted to like this one so badly, and not least because of the gorgeous writing or incredible premise inspired by the author’s own background and knowledge of Middle Eastern history and mythology. This is also an important book as it also deals with so
Nafiza
Before I begin what essentially will be a panegyric, please go and read the interview Ausma did with us.

Welcome back. Now, I could tell you what the book is about or I could give you the official synopsis. I will opt for the latter because it does a far better job than I ever will be able to. So here it is:
Lady H
Apr 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Ugh. That was painful. Actually, physically painful, and I am so disappointed. This book was one of my most anticipated releases of the entire year. I actually pre-ordered this book! I purchased it! Paid money for it because I was sure I would want to have it on my shelf forever to read and reread! Instead, from the very first chapter I found myself struggling to get through it. This is a novel with great potential that was executed terribly. Let's go through the problems one by one:

→ It is unde
Zoe Stewart (Zoe's All Booked)
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: default
I didn't have high hopes for this after the first 50 pages or so. It's wasn't quite info dumpy, but so many new terms were introduced without much explanation that I wasn't feeling it. I'm so glad I kept going though! I saw some of the twists at the end coming a mile away, but some of them I wasn't quite expecting. I'm really looking forward to the next one!
may ❀
Book 10 completed for #RamadanReadathon

daniyar i am once again asking for your hand in marriage pls
Erica
I made it almost halfway through and gave up because I was getting the same feelings from this that I experienced while reading Reign the Earth and An Ember in the Ashes.

This is the story of savior/chosen one Aryan (yes, I know how it's spelled in the book) and her companion, a dark-skinned woman whom she loves like a sister but who is not her equal, a fact she mentions at the very beginning, and their quest to free their world from the Reign of Ignorance.

Aryan and her black companion, Sinnia, h
Mackey
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just wow! If all fantasy was this well written I would be a fan of the fantasy genre! The Bloodprint is the first such novel by Ausma Zehanat Khan and the beginning of the Khorasan Archives series. It is the tale of two marvelously strong women who are tasked with freeing enslaved women who have been captured by The Talisman. It is the classic tale of Good vs Evil but told in a cleverly written, marvelously detailed, surprisingly intriguinging manner.

Khan is one of my favorite authors and what
Sicily
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: diverse, own-voices
3.5/5 i think. I have to process this one before I give it a full review. Intial thoughts

Love: The political message. I loved the breaking of slave chains
Liked: Arian, Sinnia, Wafa. The writing style but there were repetitive thoughts from characters that was unnecessary. Like i get you love each other already.
Meh: The men. I was indifference about the love story. The story lagged for me but I have a short attention span for epics.
Didn't like : Where the story line seems to be going with Sinnia
Jaclyn
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss, fantasy, arc, magic
AMAZING!
Nadine
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 284 of 425 pages

The Bloodprint sounds like such an awesome fantasy novel that revolves around kickass female characters and an in-depth use of religion all wrapped up with feminist tones. Unfortunately, The Bloodprint is a poorly written novel that is not what it’s advertised to be.

Within the first 120 pages the magic system is not properly explained. Their magic is derived from religious texts, but the connect between the two is never explained or how it came to be. The main character of
Marlene
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

If the Taliban and The Handmaid’s Tale had a hate child, it would be The Bloodprint. Yes, I mixed my metaphors, but it feels correct. And if after reading The Bloodprint there is anyone who does not mentally link the Talisman of the book with the Taliban of real life, I’ll eat my virtual hat.

The Bloodprint is an epic fantasy that feels very definitely part of the grimdark movement. It’s a very grim story, and the world that it portrays is in that terrible p
Cody
Sep 08, 2017 added it
LOVED THIS BOOK! SO SO GOOD *Review to come*
Ash | Wild Heart Reads
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Blooprint is an epic fantasy that follows Arian, a Companion of Hira and First Oralist, as she wages war on the Talisman. Led by the One-Eyed Preacher, the Talisman would see the world plunged into darkness and ignorance. Her mission sees her traversing Khorasan to locate and make safe the Blooprint which, in the hands of the enemy, has the potential to inflict unimaginable damage.

“We live in the age of secrets and fear. We live in the Age of Ignorance.”

After I bought The Bloodprint it s
Barbara Senteney
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This story is about magic and sacred scriptures. A one eyed preacher is bent on overtaking the world.But warriors Arian and Sinnia are fighting to stop him. Together they are looking for a magical symbol that will destroy the one eyed preacher this may prove a hard task.

This is a world full of slavery, deceit, and treachery. Something is amiss at the place where the devotees of the Claim reside, Arian can't quite put her finger on it. Ilae has allowed The Black Mage to attend council, a place
Lisarenee
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
>>>>> My Synopsis (Review follows): <<<<<

'There is no one but the One. And so the One commands...'

The land of Khorasan is slowly being overtaken piece by piece by a powerful and volatile group known as the Talisman. They are led by a man known as the One-Eyed Preacher.

'We live in the age of secrets and fear.
We live in the age of Ignorance.'

They began their campaign by taking control of the country's food supply by pillaging and razing villages, fields, libraries, etc. Then they started creating
Jess
Oct 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
So... I clearly did not love this book. I was really excited about the premise but it fell incredibly flat for me.

Some of the problems:
- Not enough character development. The way the characters are written, it's very hard to connect with them. That's especially problematic since you're supposed to be rooting for the protagonist Arian and her band of cohorts on a perilous quest.
- Too much telling via stilted dialogue.
- Too many new places, things, and philosophies. While being dropped in media re
Rachel
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, audiobooks, 2017
I truly don't have words eloquent enough to do this book justice. AZK said she loved writing it and the power of that love and care shines through like the power of the Claim. The world building is deftly woven into the story itself without large, clunky info-dumps. The writing is beautiful. The characters are well-developed and nuanced. As it is the first of the series, it doesn't resolve anything, and ends with a gut-wrenching cliff hanger. My heart is a lump in my throat. I cannot wait for th ...more
Lena
No woman could leave her home, unless in the presence of her husband or guardian.
No woman could practice any trade, study at any House of Wisdom, or give or receive the care of the healers.
No woman could speak in public, even if suitably accompanied.
An unaccompanied woman would be sold to a slave-chain without delay.
An uncovered one would be beaten first.

DNF 16%
Sigh. Ok, so I wanted to read this book because it was a female lead high fantasy but it’s also turned out to be the darkest of dystop
Viki Cheung
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exceptionally original fantasy. Wonderful writing, a fantastic group of characters and an absolutely cracking story - highly recommended to everyone ever!
Glaiza
o.o That ending. Need to read the next book.
Jen
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-sirens
I want to know how the story ends, but I don't know that I want to read another book...
Sarah (CoolCurryBooks)
The Bloodprint is the start to a new epic fantasy series with Middle Eastern cultural influences.

Arian’s homeland has been overtaken by the Talisman, a new organization that promotes an ideology of fear, ignorance, hatred of difference, and misogyny. As Companions of Hira, Arian and her friend Sinna are some of the few who openly fight the Talisman. They’ve spent the last decade traveling Talisman territory and freeing women from slave chains, but their efforts have not been enough to slow the T
Alexandra
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Damn it this about the second time I got this book I really did I did not finish I'm faling my book challenge so far. the cover was gorgeous the author is really cool the story I just could not get into I couldn't connect with the characters at all and I think that was one of the biggest problems!
Nicole Sweeney
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Review originally posted on The Bibliophile Chronicles

The Bloodprint is the first in a new series by crime author Ausma Zehanat Khan. I confess I’ve always wanted to read The Unquiet Dead and haven’t quiet gotten around to buying a copy (that has since been rectified). Going into The Bloodprint I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but from the get go I was absolutely hooked, and I loved this book from beginning to end.

This book is steeped in blood and action – there is plenty of fast-paced plot
Iryna KL
Sep 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc
I received an egalley of this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Thank you publisher!

1 star

It was a bit difficult for me to get into this book. Sometimes I start reading a book and am immediately engrossed, but with this book it was slow moving and I frequently found myself needing to reread passages.

I love that the story centers on two female characters headed on a quest, and our lead Arian is a strong, confident and capable woman, who is proud of her heritage and her role
Amy!
Ugghhh, I wanted to like this SO MUCH MORE than I actually did. First, I am not a huge fan of Epic Fantasy, which this is, with all the cultures and people and politics and relationships and religion that goes with it. A lot of it felt needlessly confusing and just Too Much. I do really like the non-Western setting, and the powerful, smart heroine, but a lot of the world building just didn't do it for me.

The story started to really pick up towards the end, and was very action packed (FINALLY!),
London Shah
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, wow. What an exceptionally well-written story. Such care and consideration has been given to every aspect of it. The characters are unforgettable and you're hooked on their fates from page 1. The subject matter and premise are original, utterly intriguing, and so well thought out that the story took my breath away. A massive well done to Ausma for her execution with this story. Exceptional story telling, and a must-read for all fantasy lovers. As a Muslim, I couldn't be more elated with ho ...more
Nudrat
The beautiful, sweeping lands of Khorasan and its people have steadily been falling under the oppressive and tyrannical control of the Talisman, a strong militia that, under the leadership of the One-Eyed Preacher, spreads its ignorant, intolerant and misogynistic ideology through the use of force as well as through a narrow and corrupted interpretation of the Claim, a religious text sacred to the people of Khorasan. If the basic premise of Ausma Zehanat Khan’s The Bloodprint (The Khorasan Archi ...more
♡ Half Blood  Prince ♡
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
loved this one, overall. it may drag a bit for the more action-driven kind of reader. it may be disappointing for the romance-hungry kind of reader. it may be confusing for the light-fantasy kind of reader. so be warned.

this book is more suspense and drama, rather than outright action. a gross amount of the conflict is in the journey. in the character interactions. but when action comes --and it does now and then-- it really delivers.

there is a touch of romance, which good news for me, never ove
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sirens Conference: The Bloodprint 1 16 Jan 26, 2018 09:33AM
Sci-Fi & Fantasy ...: November 2017 - The Bloodprint 9 11 Dec 01, 2017 07:18AM

• Empire of Sand (The Books of Ambha, #1)
  • War Girls (War Girls, #1)
  • Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)
  • An Illusion of Thieves (Chimera, #1)
  • Barbary Station (Shieldrunner Pirates, #1)
  • The Best American Science Fiction and Fantasy 2017
  • Queen of the Conquered (Islands of Blood and Storm, #1)
  • The Candle and the Flame
  • Borderline (The Arcadia Project, #1)
  • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • Deathwish (Cal Leandros, #4)
  • The Complete Psychotechnic League, Vol. 1
  • Wolf in the Fold (Hawk & Fisher, #4)
  • The Tiger's Daughter (Their Bright Ascendency, #1)
  • The Tethered Mage (Swords and Fire, #1)
  • The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2)
  • Sandworm: A New Era of Cyberwar and the Hunt for the Kremlin's Most Dangerous Hackers
  • Baby
Ausma Zehanat Khan is a British-born Canadian living in the United States, whose own parents are heirs to a complex story of migration to and from three different continents. A former adjunct professor at American and Canadian universities, she holds a Ph.D. in International Human Rights Law, with the 1995 Srebrenica massacre as the main subject of her dissertation. Previously the Editor in Chief ...more

The Khorasan Archives (4 books)
  • The Black Khan (The Khorasan Archives #2)
  • The Blue Eye (The Khorasan Archives #3)
  • The Bladebone (The Khorasan Archives #4)