Start by marking “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It! Simple, Scrumptious Recipes for Crazy Busy Lives” as Want to Read:

Crazy delicious recipes for a crazy busy life from the #1 New York Times bestselling author and Food Network star.

For home cooks, nothing beats spending a long, relaxing day preparing dinner for your family, savoring every flavorful step. But few of us really have the time to do that anymore, with school, sports, work, and appointments keeping us running and pulling us lef
Published October 24th 2017 by William Morrow Cookbooks (first published October 17th 2017)

Carol
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just what I'd expect from The Pioneer Woman. Love her take on cooking and living.
Nicole
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, 2018
This is not my favorite Ree Drummond cookbook. That's not to say that it isn't a good cookbook, its just not a great cookbook which is what I have come to expect from Ree. The recipes are focused on meals that are quick and easy to make, often relying on pre-made or pre-mixed ingredients (such as pancake mix or freezer dough). While this does indeed make the process faster, it can periodically be to the detriment of overall flavor.

Now, there are hidden gems in this book; recipes that I have alre
Cyndi
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my favorite of her cookbooks, so far. Tons of terrific and easy recipes. Since I’m a regular cook and not a chef I am always on the lookout for easy recipes. For example there is a great granola bar recipe made with rice krispies. Chicken strips made with Cap’n Crunch and a stuffed pizza crust. Yum! 😋
Melodie
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2017
I enjoy the Pioneer Woman's TV show and usually love her cookbooks, finding at least 3 or 4 things to make ASAP. Not so with this one. There wasn't a single recipe that I even considered. Very disappointing, Ree. I returned it! That almost never happens with a cookbook! I gave it 2 stars rather than 1 because of the nice pictures.
Mireille Duval
It's a really beautiful book. The amount of pictures make recipes really easy to follow even for n00bs like me. The cutesy tone and the real life anecdote work for me, but I can see how it could be grating for some. This was actually intended as a gift to a family member who likes cookbooks, but I might keep it after all, because none of the recipes come across as "healthy", and some of the ingredients may be a little harder to find up here in the North than they are in Middle USA. I must say th ...more
Amy
Let me tell you why I LOVE this book!

First, Drummond uses regular, everyday ingredients -- sometimes she even uses store-bought cake mixes, etc!

Recipes are organized in colo-coded sections: Breakfasts, Lunches On the Go, Apps & Snacks, Under 40 (less than 40 minutes to put together), Under 20, Take Your Time, Sheet Pan Suppers, Meatless Marvels, Sensational Sides, Bread Baby, and Sweets, Glorious Sweets

Recipes within each section contain the serving size, a little bit about the recipe, a "bo
Fredrick Danysh
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
Come and Get It is a delightful collection of simple recipes. Each recipe is accompanied by color photographs showing each step in the process. Also are some photos from Drummond family life.
❄️✨ Kat ✨❄️
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Probably my new favorite cookbook, tbh.

There are all sorts of recipes in here - main dishes, desserts, bread, etc. for everyone including the pickiest of eaters.
Vicki
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m a big fan of Ree Drummond’s books and tv show. She’s a loving wife and mom, has some fantastic recipes, funny, and I love they clothes she wears! So when I saw this book was available at my library I put it on hold. Two days later I had it in my hands.

There are photos and stories of her, her family & pets, and The Merc. The recipes have photos of each step which I really liked. I do wish the book included the nutritional info for each recipe though. Many of us are restricted on the amoun
Ashley Livermore
Nov 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have always loved Ree's cookbooks but this one was very disappointing. For the sake of "fast cooking" she seems to have written a book that requires very little to no cooking at all. Real food has been replaced by pre-done ingredients and processed foods. I was so excited about this cookbook I preordered it. Too bad I can't return it.
Sarrah
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
I enjoyed the writing much more than the recipes in this one. She is down-to-Earth and funny, but the layout (photos for every step!) doesn't lend itself to easy usage. The recipes are very handy and friendly and would be a great starting place for people without much cooking experience.
Jessica ☕
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Literally my favorite cookbook so far. Ever.

The design, the simplicity of directions, the availability of ingredients, the tastiness of the recipes themselves... I love you, Pioneer Woman. You're the best.

Lesa
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, food
Actually, Ree Drummond's latest cookbook has one more subtitle. It's The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It!: Simple, Scrumptious Recipes for Crazy Busy Lives. And, even if you seldom cook, this is a scrumptious cookbook to browse.

Ree Drummond, blogger turned cookbook author and television celebrity, begins this latest cookbook with a collection of her favorite things. It includes her "20 Favorite Pantry Items", favorite freezer staples, refrigerator staples, and favorite cuts of beef. Then, a
ash | emeraldbookowl
A Visually Appealing Cookbook -- Cooking Made Easy

Let me start by saying... I LOVE Ree Drummond. Her show, The Pioneer Woman, is my absolute favorite to watch. Her new cookbook is saving our meal times! We were stuck in a pattern of the same old recipes and/or take out. Cooking wasn't fun anymore and was becoming an unpleasant activity. We bought this book as our family Christmas present.

I saw The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It! Simple, Scrumptious Recipes for Crazy Busy Lives in the
Tena Edlin
I just love these cookbooks. They’re beautiful, funny, and this one especially was filled with page after page of recipes I can’t wait to try. These cookbooks are made for cooking good food, but they’re also meant for reading and enjoying like any other book.
DK Simoneau
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks-i-like
Loved the detailed pics for instructions. Liked her conversational style. Found inspiration for some recipes to try. Or even to create my own versions. Who wouldn't love a muffin top?!? Without the base. And the sheet dinners seem like they could be a life saver
John
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn't go too in depth, mainly just looking to find some good "try later" recipes me and my boyfriend can make down the road. Hopefully everything tastes as good as it looks!!
Kristi
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading the stories and seeing the pictures plus I cannot wait to try numerous recipes out of the book. There are so many great ones and love her style of cooking. I did not give this book 5 stars because most of these recipes are on her blog or the Food Network so nothing new. It is nice having them in one place.
L.G. McFerren
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this cookbook. Easy to follow and very colorful. Plus who doesn’t love Ree Drummond!
Karen
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook was actually fun to read! I really liked the pictures for the individual steps instead of just a typical recipe. When I try some out, I’ll come back and update my review.
Amy
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Ree and I enjoyed reading her little blurbs but the thing I’ve always liked about her cookbooks is how familiar everything is to my Midwest rural kitchen. This cookbook has too many recipes that my husband turns his nose up to. He’s not eating a roasted vegetable sandwich. There are a couple recipes I will make but it’s not going to be a go-to like her other cookbooks are
Meredith
I found a few recipes I can't wait to make, but the rest seemed like something I've seen before.
Debbie Tollefson
Oct 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

While I enjoy watching her show, this cookbook was a waste of my money. Very few things I would ever try, plus the commentary is just silly
J.S.
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoy the range of recipes. Like that the recipes have photographs for each step. Only complaint is the cook/bake time does not appear at the start of the recipe. Most cookbooks I have show the bake/cook or even prep time listed along with the ingredients. With this cookbook, you have to read through all the steps to find out how long to cook/bake it. I'd rather have it listed at the start, so when I scan the recipes I'd know this is a recipe means I'm running the oven for 45 minutes, etc.
Debbie
What a beautiful cookbook! Ree Drummond has done it again! The recipes look fantastic but even more than the recipes, I love her pictures of her family and the ranch. I've got every one of her cookbooks and I love them all.
Connie Weiss
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook-books
I have found at least 20 recipes that I want to try!
Jocelin
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Another great cookbook for Ree Drummond. I loved the photography of the recipes as they were being prepared.
Leah
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, nom-noms
I always grab her new cookbooks when we get them in at the library. (Librarian benefits, yessss!) I love how her recipes use every day ingredients and aren't super "fussy" (if you will.) The peach dumplings look really good... as does the no-bake white chocolate raspberry cheesecake... and the cheesy garlic pull-apart bread... and the everything else. :) Will definitely be trying some of these recipes! (Also, the ode to Charlie is so sweet.)
Heather
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tammy
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book read to me as a cross between a cookbook and random texts from my mom.

I know that Dee has quite the online following (hence her oodles of dollars and kitchen the size of my dream home), however, I feel like she must be tapped out of recipe ideas if this is what she's presenting to the public.

Most of the recipes are incredibly familiar, and some are a good reminder (oh yeah, rosemany can be used as a skewer. Oh, right, tortillas can be rolled up with something smeared up inside). But ot
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Cookies & Cups Cookbook: 125+ sweet & savory recipes reminding you to Always Eat Dessert First
  • Weelicious: 140 Fast, Fresh, and Easy Recipes
  • Scandinavian Comfort Food: Embracing the Art of Hygge
  • Classic German Baking: The Very Best Recipes for Traditional Favorites, from Pfeffernüsse to Streuselkuchen
  • Stirring Up Fun with Food: Over 100 Amazing and Easy Food Crafting Projects
  • Joy the Baker Over Easy: Sweet and Savory Recipes for Leisurely Days: A Cookbook
  • Home Made Summer
  • Big Bad Breakfast: The Most Important Book of the Day
  • The Wellness Mama Cookbook: 200 Easy-to-Prepare Recipes and Time-Saving Advice for the Busy Cook
  • Dinner Made Easy with Six Sisters' Stuff: Time-Saving Recipes for Busy Moms
  • Marcus Off Duty: The Recipes I Cook at Home
  • 5 Ingredients – Quick  Easy Food
  • Cooking for Jeffrey: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
  • Half Baked Harvest Cookbook: Recipes from My Barn in the Mountains
  • How to Cook Everything Fast: A Better Way to Cook Great Food
  • Trisha's Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for a Balanced Life
  • Will It Waffle?: Bacon and Eggs to Mac 'n' Cheese, Bibimbap to Chocolate Chip Cookies--53 Irresistible, Unexpected Recipes to Make in a Waffle Iron
  • Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner
Ree Drummond began blogging in 2006 and has built an award-winning website, where she shares recipes, showcases her photography, and documents her hilarious transition from city life to ranch wife. She is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Ree lives on a working cattle ranch near Pawhuska, Oklahoma, with her husband, Ladd; their four kids; their belov ...more
The Reluctant Cowboy

I try never to go too far down the path of predicting what any of my children will do when they grow up, because I’ve learned firsthand that life can change on a dime and it very often turns out completely different than originally planned. And I haven’t even grown up yet myself, so who am I to even think about such things? Of all my children, though, I would say that (God willing and the creek don’t rise) my older son, Bryce, is the one who seems most destined to be a rancher. Since he was young, he has sprung out of bed when it’s time to saddle the horses, and the cowboy way of life just comes naturally to him.
Now, my youngest, Todd, on the other hand? Well…I’m not sure! While he started working on the ranch at the same age (birth) as his older brother, he’s never exactly inhaled and embraced his ranching duties in the same way. Oh, he shows up and he does the job, all right. He’s Todd Drummond, after all, and he’s a great kid! It’s just that he doesn’t lie awake at night thinking about the herd he’ll have one day.
But that’s the cool thing about Todd. There’s a whole world going on under the surface, and as he’s saddling and riding his horse, I can see that thirteen-year-old mind a-churning. He might be thinking about the next Marvel movie that’s on its way to theaters. He might be remembering the suit of armor he saved scrap metal to build when he was young. He might be imagining what position he’ll play in football (his favorite sport) next year. Or he might be noodling on the long conversation he had with one of the older congregants at our Presbyterian church last Sunday. He’s got a rich bank of memories and perspectives swimming around in that noggin of his. And this is only something a mama would say: I love to watch the kid think.
What will Todd be when he grows up? There’s no way of knowing. He might be an illustrator for a comic book series, the host of a radio sports show, an accountant, a doctor, a salesman, a diplomat, minister, missionary, or coach.
Although…I do know a certain cattle rancher around these parts who was reportedly exactly like Todd when he was a boy. His head was somewhere else when he was on his horse, and ranching wouldn’t have been described as his favorite line of work. This gentleman loved Spider-Man and football, and he never lay awake at night thinking about the herd he’d have one day. Then, when he grew up, his love for ranching set in. He realized he loved Osage County, raising cattle, and living on the land. And he made the choice to do the thing he never thought he’d wind up doing. And he’s never regretted it for a single day!
(I know the gentleman. I’m married to him.)
It’ll be fun to watch Todd’s future unfold.”
0 likes
Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs

Chicken thighs are my life. Absolutely, positively my life. If I had to choose a cut of chicken to chow down on for the rest of my days, I would choose thighs every day of the week, and nine hundred times on Sunday. I always wonder why breasts get all the dang attention in this world. Thighs are the way to go, baby!
(Sorry. There’s just no dignified way to talk about breasts and thighs.)
(I’m snickering.)”