Start by marking “Mindful Thoughts for Walkers: Footnotes on the zen path” as Want to Read:
Mindful Thoughts for Walkers: Footnotes on the zen path

Mindful Thoughts for Walkers: Footnotes on the zen path

Mindfulness is so much more than a set of routine timed exercises; it’s the transformative practice of conscious living we can nurture by being mindful of the moment. Mindful Thoughts for Walkers explores through a series of succint meditations, how walking is an opportunity to deepen our levels of physical, and spiritual awareness.

Adam Ford is an enlightening guide to how
Published September 15th 2017 by Leaping Hare Press

To ask other readers questions about Mindful Thoughts for Walkers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindful Thoughts for Walkers

Start your review of Mindful Thoughts for Walkers: Footnotes on the zen path
Etienne
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I was expecting a book full of short though and think to meditate about while walking, but it's more of a philosophical/spiritual book that propose a way of thinking and living, so a was a bit off what I was looking for, still a average book for the style, but nothing that make it very distinguishable from the other. ...more
Ashley
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a beautiful little guidebook for walkers. Each chapter is presented as a "thought" for the walker to consider or an activity on walking and mindfulness/zen. The book specifically focuses on mindfulness tips, ways to appreciate the present moment, exploring nature and our souls. It is a great companion for anyone walking for any type of wellbeing. I look forward to trying some of the tips on my daily puppy walks. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the e-book in return for an ho ...more
Don
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, non-fiction, thought
A pleasant, thoughtful little book. Worth taking time over, and returning to - and putting into practice.
Lee
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a really lovely little book which I really appreciated as both someone who practices mindfulness daily, and also goes for a daily walk. Some other books are mentioned throughout the pages, and I’ll try to get a hold of a few too.
Victoria Peipert
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
While I like the concept of this book a lot, it felt more like a space for the author to share his thoughts rather than directly inspire thought for others who practice walking and mindfulness - and to be fair practicing true mindfulness and being present would not mean being distracted by any thoughts but rather fully experience the space around them. While it feels a little author centric, Ford's thoughts are intriguing sometimes and enjoyable to read. ...more
Penelope
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautifully illustrated and produced book which is the perfect companion to any walk no matter how long or short. Filled with exercises and ideas to use walking as a path to mindfulness and ways to enrich and deepen our awareness of nature and our connection to it. Elegantly and accessibly written this small but powerful book is a gateway to a infinitely richer relationship with the world around us and the world within ourselves.
Mado
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Es un libro que no te va a cambiar la vida ni a desvelar las verdades del universo. En cambio, si lo lees con la mente abierta te descubre ( o recuerda) realidades que hoy en día pasamos por alto.

Para mí se trata de un libro sobre el que escribir y subrayar, para poder revisitarlo de vez en cuando.
Chris
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this - has taken me a long while to mark as finished as I’ve been dipping in and out if it. Very informative and some good activities to do whilst walking. Designed to help you notice the world you’re walking in.
cat c.
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great reminders to keep in your pocket, before you step out for your walk.
Yenny Peguero
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Me pareció interesante, una guía con consejos prácticos para reflexionar mientras caminamos.
Cyndi
Jun 07, 2020 rated it liked it
A pleasant little book.
Emma Chappell
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
A sweet book that reminds us how beautiful nature is
Mary Kay
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delightful little book about how to incorporate mindfulness into walking and about the how walking is a great way to be mindful!
Sami Munslow
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book to visit occasionally and makes you look at walking in a different light. It might even make walking seem more interesting than it is!
Vivian Wong
Dec 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Didn’t totally agree with some of the suggestions
Amanda Witt
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A concise volume with short chapters, featuring different parts of nature - paths, water, forests etc.
Brandon
Jan 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Losing Eden: Why Our Minds Need the Wild
  • The Iowa Baseball Confederacy
  • A Warm Heart in Winter (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18.5)
  • Sober Curious: The Blissful Sleep, Greater Focus, Limitless Presence, and Deep Connection Awaiting Us All on the Other Side of Alcohol
  • Scales of Justice (Roderick Alleyn, #18)
  • The Eye of Osiris (Dr. Thorndyke Mysteries #3)
  • Winterwood
  • Here is Your War
  • Out of Your Mind
  • Dawn of X Vol. 2
  • Dawn of X Vol. 1
  • Melbourne, updated paperback edition (City Series)
  • H is for Homicide (Kinsey Millhone, #8)
  • Firewalkers
  • Ayoade on Ayoade: A Cinematic Odyssey
  • Songs of America: Patriotism, Protest, and the Music That Made a Nation
  • What Do You Think You Are?: The Science of What Makes You You
  • Curses! (Gideon Oliver, #5)