Start by marking “Kawaii Doodle Class: Sketching Super-Cute Tacos, Sushi, Clouds, Flowers, Monsters, Cosmetics, and More” as Want to Read:

Create your own kawaii world with Pic Candle and Kawaii Doodle Class!

The Japanese word kawaii  translates to "cute," and this how-to book is chock-full of super-adorable images of tacos, sushi, smoothies, clouds, rainbows, cacti, doodle monsters, Christmas trees, lipsticks, teacups, and more for your adoration.

Popular kawaii artist Zainab Khan shows you how to draw 75 s
Published September 1st 2017 by Race Point Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kawaii Doodle Class, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kawaii Doodle Class

Nenia ✨ Literary Garbage Can ✨ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I feel like I've been on the internet for ever. Now there's so many graphics available for people who want to use them, but there weren't nearly as many around in the early days of the internet. When I was teenager (oh God, I sound so old), we used 100 x 100 icons and "sprites" or pixel art to express ourselves and show off our interests & personality.

I was naturally attracted to the art of KAWAII DOODLE CLASS because the illustrations
Anna
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have wanted to create kawaii doodles for a while, but, up until now, had never known where to start. This book, with more than seventy-five easy step-by-step instructions, offers inspiration as well as some great tips and tricks on how to get started.
From information about doodling tools to the correct face positioning to doodle accessories, detailed and helpful lessons for beginners are delivered.

The instructions are divid
Jeimy
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did not know that this style of doodling was called Kawaii, but I love it. This book offers an easy how-to for beginners and non-artistic people like myself!
Andrea
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kawaii meaning cute.

If like me you can't draw a thing but still love to try, then this book is for you. Each Kawaii Doodle can be completed very simply, following the step by step pictures with guidance notes in plain English. The addition of the face transforms the doodle into an adorable character. In a nutshell, these doodles are very addictive and will have both children and adults drawing like a pro. Loved it.

Many thanks to Netgalley who provided me with this ARC. I chose to read it and giv
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I loved kawaii things, my house is full with them. :P So of course I had to check out this book. Which I mostly got because of the kawaii doodles and less for getting to draw them. Yep, I wasn't that interested in learning to draw them, I just wanted to see them and squee all the time.

There are 5 chapters each of them a new category of cuteness. From Adorable Foods & Drinks to Cheerful Doodle Monsters, this book features a
penny shima glanz
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is a cute collection of adorable doodles with the tips to give your sketches that extra bit of super cute kawaii. I love the step-by-step instructions and found it useful to help me draw common objects, even if I don't make them kawaii doodles. When you need a break from practicing your cupcake swirl, the search-and-find images beg to be used as colouring practice. I think this is a fun book and can provide insight for those looking to improve their doodles, and a smile for anyone needing a ...more
Kristine
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
Kawaii Doodle Class by Zainab Khan is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in early September.

An illustrated step-by-step resource guide on how to draw smiley lumps that look like food, animals, objects, holiday themes, and monsters. As down-putting as that may sound, it's really quite useful, dainty, and, yes, cute.
GONZA
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
As my son said, this book is super cool 😎 !

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!
Sharon
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Race Point Publishing and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of Kawaii Doodle Class: Sketching Super-Cute Tacos, Sushi, Clouds, Flowers, Monsters, Cosmetics, and More. I was under no obligation to review this book and my opinion is freely given.

I was not familiar with the term kawaii, but the style of putting cute faces on ordinary objects appealed to me. Kawaii Doodle Class has instructions for more than seventy-five doodles, with great tips and hints on how to get started. With info
Kristin Davison
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I would like to thank netgalley and Quarto Publishing Group - Race Point Publishing for a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

A cute little book that introduces you to the concept of kawaii and gives simple instructions to create your own kawaii drawings. There is also room inside for drawing. Perfect for anybody into bullet journaling.
DelAnne Frazee
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Title: Kawaii Doodle Class - Sketching Super-Cute Tacos, Suchi, Clouds, Flowers, Monsters, Cosmetics and More
Author: Zainab Khan
ISBN: 9781631063756
Reviewed For NetGalley and Race Point Publishing
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 5 Stars

Reminiscent of Japanese Anime, "Kawaii Doodle Class" Is more thank the mild doodling we d without intention. The offered drawi
Gayathri
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read the full review at Musings Over Nothing

Disclaimer: Thanks to the Author and Netgalley for the free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Growing in a family that is inclined very much towards arts and crafts, I have always believed I had to have a creative vein. Even when my several attempts on arts have proved otherwise, I hold on to the hope that some day I would find some art form that I might be good at. So I requested the book that promised to teach step by step instruction
Annie
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Kawaii basically means 'cute' in Japanese. The style is happy, friendly, cuddly and, well, cute. Zainab Khan quit her day job to doodle full time and the result is adorable.

This is a how-to book. The sections and tutorials are grouped into: Adorable food and drinks, lovable nature, cheerful doodle monsters, everyday cute and charming holiday decorations. Each of the characters has a step by step tutorial and also includes inspiration pages and doodle pages for practicing what you've learned.

As w
Heidi Svendsen
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such an adorable book!
I just learned that the cartoon type I find so cute is called kawaii, and know I can draw some similar. I do not think of my self of a good drawer, or a bad one for that matter, so I was a little skeptical to the tutorials. But after trying a few of them I found them just as cute as the ones in the book. So I will say that the tutorials are easy to follow. I have tried a few other drawing books like this one, but found that the tutorials increased in difficulty too fast. Th
Eve beinguniquebooks
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kawaii means cute and this book certainly has that factor!

In cute pastel shades the cover pops with eye catching colour, illustrations of variety with many cute little faces from cakes to people like characters with angel wings, it let's your imagination run free with the unexpected and unrealistic making it a work of eye opening wonder!

Jenny Houle
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley for an unbiased opinion.

"Kawaii" is a Japanese concept/idea dating back to the 1970's which loosely translates to "cuteness" in English. In Japan, it basically is used to describe anything that is cue, from clothing to handwriting. This book includes five sections: Adorable Food and Drinks, Lovable Nature, Cheerful Doodle Monsters, Everyday Cute and Charming Holiday decorations. It offers more than 75 characters for readers to learn to draw and
Piper Gottschalk
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Thank you to net galley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read Kawaii Doodle class in exchange for my honest review. Which is the following.

I do know this doodle artist, so I was curious what the book would be like. It's pretty great. It has a few different themed sections such as Everyday Cute, holidays, monsters amd more. Each sevtion has quite a few step by step tutorials as well as inspiration pages. These have different examples of how you can put different things learned i
Nicole
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kawaii Doodle Class by Zainab Khan is an illustrated step-by-step resource guide on how to draw smiley lumps that look like food, animals, objects, holiday themes, and monsters. As down-putting as that may sound, it’s really quite useful, dainty, and, yes, cute.

The book starts with a list of tools and essentials what you can use to have a go with but so long as you have at least a pen or pencil with some paper to hand you can try some sketches from the off. The book pages are set with cute borde
Jantine
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy through Netgalley, in return for an honest review.

Yesterday I heard that I could try this book, and I've been doodling all morning. Result: some pages full of doodles that I can honestly say to be kawaii, a load of fun, and tons of new ideas for my future doodles.

Off course I already knew what kawaii is. If you don't, the doodles will be like on the cover, and the book starts with a chapter on kawaii. While it is something well-known now, I think it is good to not assume e
Denise
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Many doodling books have examples of doodles but don't break down the steps to making them. That's one of the things that sets Kawaii Doodle Class apart. All of the adorable doodles are built up step-by-step. Not only does this make it easy to recreate the doodles, but it teaches the doodler how to think about shapes and gives them the experience to make their own doodles.

The style is--of course--very cute and fun. Lots of the doodles would be perfect for using on calendars and planners. Despite
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
This is such a great book! Packed full of Kawaii doodles, the illustrations themselves are cute, and the tutorials are broken down so simply step-by-step, that it's not hard to feel like an artist after trying out a few of the ideas! The written instructions couldn't be more straight-forward. For keen doodle artists this is a really great starting point, and it'll be a while before you run out of ideas. There is space at the end of the book to try out some doodles, as well as some 'hide and seek ...more
StorySchmoozingBkReviews
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun and adorable book on how to draw 75 super cute characters. From food to animals to everyday items, Khan shows readers how to create these characters with step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow. This drawing book not only shows you how to copy Khan's creations, but gives you plenty of ideas in how to create your own. After you read this book and apply the technique's, you will be well on your way to creating your own "kawaii" characters! Perfect for readers and artists of all age ...more
Ramie
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is super cute. For me, the fact that it is truly step-by-step is much appreciated though I know some people would find this book too simple because of it.

The cover of the book is a pretty fair representation of the types of things you'll learn to draw. There's room to draw your own (obviously on digital copies that's wasted space but I don't like drawing in books so I wouldn't use that space anyway).

The last few pages are a combination of find the hidden image and coloring book.

Over
Apolishedreader
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a cute book with easy to follow, step by step instructions. Following the steps to draw the numerous items in each section helps you learn the curves and lines and faces. Then you get to the "Get Inspired" section and you can use the tools you learned in the earlier pages to doodle whole groups of friendly cuteness!
Plus, my 7 year old was able to follow along and draw the characters as well. It is a great springboard for anyone who is interested in learning the basics on kawaii and cart
Sarah Lee
This book was full of various types of cute characters from food to monsters! The step by step instructions made these easy to create so even the unskilled sketchers like myself was able to create most of the characters with ease. There were only a few I struggled with and that might have been just because I was trying to do everything in the book over a couple of days instead of just the ones I was interested in specifically. I'd highly recommend this book for anyone looking to create cute dood ...more
Janus the Erudite Artist
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
This book is just the cutest! I love that it's so simple and easy to follow. The only thing I probably struggle with trying this is doing a combination of all the objects and create something similar to the cover of this book. I'm still learning how to combine them and make the appear as the objects I drew with minimal space, unlike drawing them individually which enables you to appreciate it as it is. My full-page doodle just looks messy. So I suppose that just means I need more practice.
Sophie-Leigh Robbins
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kawaii Doodle Class is a fun book that provides hours of fun for those who like to Doodle. The book is divided into categories like Food, Holidays, Monsters and more. Every item can be drawn by following a simple tutorial and there's room for free-drawing as well. At the end of the book there are a couple of cute coloring pages. All in all, a nice book if you want to learn how to doodle Kawaii style.
Irenic
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I was approved for this review, my son and I sat down and tried it out. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. The items in the book that you are trying to draw are super cute and easy to personalize. I will be purchasing a copy of this book (and more pencils and paper) very soon. This would be a great gift for a person who wants to learn to draw. (Free book received to review via Netgallery.com - honest review given)
Samantha
First let me start off by saying I am in no way an artist. Give me a crochet hook or jewelry making things and I'll make something awesome. But drawing not....very successful at it. However this is simple easy directions with step by step pictures and I have to say I can make little drawings now on my kids things that they absolutely love.
Davianna
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
A super cute how-to book on doodling by Pic Candle herself. Complete with easy to follow step-by-step instructions for beginners or people like me who can't draw, cutesy illustrations, and a neat puzzle at the end. I absolutely loved this book and everyone of all ages who'd like to draw will love this book too. 5 Stars

FTC Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange in for an honest review

• Mehndi for the Inspired Artist: 50 contemporary patterns & projects inspired by traditional henna art
  • Hand Lettering for Relaxation: An Inspirational Workbook for Creating Beautiful Lettered Art
  • Treat Yourself!: How to Make 93 Ridiculously Fun No-Bake Crispy Rice Treats
  • Craft-a-Doodle: 75 Creative Exercises from 18 Artists
  • Adventures in Slow Cooking: 120 Slow-Cooker Recipes for People Who Love Food
  • 46 Leatherwork Projects Anyone Can Do
  • Working in the Reggio Way: A Beginner's Guide for American Teachers
  • Today
  • Manga Classics: Romeo and Juliet
  • The Monsters In Your Neighborhood (Monstrosity, #2)
  • Tacolicious: Festive Recipes for Tacos, Snacks, Cocktails, and More
  • Preserving the Japanese Way: Traditions of Salting, Fermenting, and Pickling for the Modern Kitchen
  • How to Draw Noir Comics: The Art and Technique of Visual Storytelling
  • Abnormal Child Psychology
  • The Monster Book of Manga: Draw Like the Experts
  • A Charm of Goldfinches and Other Collective Nouns
  • Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly Graphic Novel #2)
  • Grow All You Can Eat in 3 Square Feet
Zainab Khan’s doodle journey began in 2013 when she started making YouTube videos that demonstrated her love for drawing cute, random characters. Today, her Pic Candle YouTube channel has over 500,000 subscribers and more than 27 million views. In 2016, she quit her job as a software engineer to become a full-time doodle artist. Zainab lives in Mumbai, India.