Start by marking “Something Old (Lone Star Match, #1)” as Want to Read:
Something Old (Lone Star Match, #1)

Something Old

(Lone Star Match #1)

Three Bridesmaids. Three lost loves. One matchmaking bride. With just a week before the wedding, can a bride-to-be reunite her bridesmaids with the ones who got away?

Delaney Winters never expected to see Ethan Van Owen again. He was part of a life she had left far behind… But now, with her best friend’s wedding coming up, it seems like her past has caught up to her. Forced
Published (first published March 30th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Something Old, please sign up.
Cathy I just mark the book read then select the star rating and the review screen pops up.

Start your review of Something Old (Lone Star Match, #1)
Coco.V
Nov 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/28/2019)! 🎁
Siobhan
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something Old is my second Megan Ryder novel. Whilst it’s a very different read to her Knights of Passion series, it is still a wonderful read. In fact, it left me with the same main feeling: I want to read more of this series.

For me, Something Old took a little bit of getting into. I was intrigued by the storyline, yes, but I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about the characters. I didn’t quite connect with them at first, I wanted to roll my eyes at what was happening, but once I got part way thro
Konny
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something Old by Megan Ryder is the first installment in The Lone Star Match Series.

Meet Delaney Winters and Ethan Van Owen.
Delaney never had dreamt of to meet Ethan again. But now with her friends wedding coming up, also comes her past to the light.
Delaney thought to do the "noble" thing by dumping Ethan, but instead she crushed his heart.
My heart was aching for Ethan. He as the real victim in all this. And sometimes I wanted to take Delaney by her shoulders and tell her to open up her eyes. Th
Bec

4.5 Stars

Delaney Winters believed she did the right thing by breaking off her engagement to Ethan Van Owen when it was discovered her father was a criminal. But now, she finds herself back among her old friends; friends she hasn't seen in a while, for her best friend's wedding. Can she overcome the past to have a second chance with Ethan, or will history repeat itself and send Delaney running away from the man she still loves?

Ms. Ryder does it again by writing a spell-binding read that I found I
Michelle
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arc provided on behalf of The Wandering Bookaholic in exchange of an honest review

Something old 4.5⭐️

I love all of Megan Ryder's books that I've read and this new one did not disappoint.
Something old is is a second chance romance and the first instalment in the Lone Star Match series, it is the perfect book to start the series with!
We meet all the characters in this book which is about 2 friends getting married and pulling together all their old friends, who through life have drifted apart, to
Kerry
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I just adored this book! I had previously only read sports romances from Ms. Ryder, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this book. I have to say that it completely blew away my expectations!

This is a second-chance romance done right. Delaney and Ethan were engaged, but she ended things once her family became embroiled in a scandal. Even though she loved him, she couldn't let her father's actions hurt him. Years later, they reunite for a mutual friend's wedding. While they have both chang
Pam
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something Old is a second chance at love story. A group of friends from college are brought back together for another's wedding by. For Delaney, it's nerve wracking to even think about. She distanced herself from all of her old friends after her father was found to be a con artist & swindler. Society not only turned their backs on her & her mother but physically attacked them. She didn't want to drag her fiancée down with her so to protect him, she broke their engagement. Now she's supposed to b ...more
Isha Coleman
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How do you find strength when the world crumbles around you? Delaney has yet to figure out the answer to that question. Perhaps fate and confronting her past will provide the answers. Something Old is a second chance romance that is insightful, delightful and emotional. Ethan and Delaney allowed misunderstandings, betrayals and pride to destroy their love song. Will a wedding weekend give them the chance to rekindle their dance of love?
Tracie R
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgally
Something Old is a great second chance romance. Delaney and Ethan were well written and I love the storyline and concept. This is the first book I have read by Megan Ryder but I look forward to reading many more.
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Second chance romance at its best. Delaney and Ethan's story is one of trust, power and soulmates. They both go through hell and back without each other and in the end realize that nothing but their love will help them survive their future. The plot twists with his family and the wedding of their old friends is the perfect backdrop to this awesome romance. I cannot wait to read more in this series.
C bond
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
netgalley

excellent read. likable characters, a solid story.
Lenda Burns
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free for a review.
I really enjoyed this book as I have all the books that I have read by this author.
The characters were so real and likable.
The plot has some twists and turns that kept it very interesting.
If your second chance comes, grab it with both hands!
Charity Chimni
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What an emotional ride! Something Old has it all! Love, passion, deceit, bitchy bride's maids, vindictive step mothers, and high society drama. I loved the pull and connection between Ethan and Delaney. A great story about learning to trust and becoming stronger. Can't wait for the rest of the series!
Caroline Ferriday
This book was given to me an I've provided a voluntary review.

I absolutely loved this book. The idea of a second-chance romance was perfect and the novel was intense but completely enthralling and joyful. The wedding atmosphere was nostalgic but also fresh and interesting. It allowed old friends to come together to see whether a future was possible in each other's lives. A disaster separated them in the past but can a determined bride heal what has been broken in one life.
Delaney had a wonderfu
Becky Burciaga
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect start to a new series...setting the tone and foundation for what to enjoy now, and will enjoy going forward. Ethan and Delaney were an excellent couple to begin the series with.

The author has created an excellent back drop for second chances. You can feel the chemistry between Ethan and Delaney...several times my heart was fully engaged in their finally getting their second chance, even though there were vicious machinations at work to keep them apart.

The vitriol and recriminations
Phylis Carpenter
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delaney left her fiance and friends 5 years ago because of her father and the things he had done. She didn't want to ruin their reputation and have them go through what she was going through. They, however, did not see it the same way she did. They took it as she didn't trust and care enough to let them be there for her.

Now her best friend Caroline is getting married and wants Delaney to be her maid of honor. Can they forget the past and rekindle friendships or will they never get things back th
judy
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
I really enjoyed this story. The plot takes twists and turns just like real life. The characters have well developed personalities and the interactions between them all are very realistic. The secondary characters are interesting and add to the story. The chemistry between the couples comes through. There are a couple of sex scenes that are fairly graphic but easy to skip if you want to. I can't wait for Book 2!
Kathryn
This wasn’t a bad book but it wasn’t great either. The main characters went round and round the same problems until the very end when everything magically worked out. But what bothered me more was Ethan constantly bringing up that Delaney runs and hides but nobody acknowledges that he does the same thing! And her friends too! All of the blame is put on her but if they really wanted to be there to help her they wouldn’t have let her push them away.
Connie
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This was truly a wonderful story about second chance of love. The plot and the characters are well developed. I can't wait for more in this series. It is a great concept. The author does a fantastic job of storytelling. I highly recommend this book to anyone.
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
After her Father is arrested, Delaney walks away from her life, doing what she thinks is best for those she loves. Years later, she now finds herself maid of honor at Caroline's wedding, where she's forced to face her past, and the love she never forgot.
This is the first book in the series and it draws you in, while making you fall in love with the characters, waiting for the next books!
The Mysterious Reader
"Three Bridesmaids. Three lost loves."

Add in one meddling bride-to-be determined to matchmake. Actually, that's a pretty good plot device, and it certainly works well here with the story of Delaney and Ethan. This is a fun romance folks, and definitely delivers what you need if your in the mood - and as such is definitely recommended.
Ellen White
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delaney with her head in the clouds and head over heel in love with Ethan, she breaks it off. Ethan doesn’t understand and moves away, for five years.
Is it time to face her, and pick up the family business. Love may still be there but will she let him know her secret and trust that only good can come by telling him.
Dorothey Thompson
Something Old

I liked this story. Delaney had suffered for five year, after her father had died. He had a Ponzi scheme, was arrested, but died with a heart attack before trial. They were high society, among the rich and powerful, but everyone shunned her and her mother. This is really a great story about the struggles and the coming redemption. You will enjoy this
Kathy Zuercher Diveley
Ethan and Delaney

Her father stole and then ruined their lives and then died. Delaney has survived the last five years with grit and determination. But now her best friend is getting married, and her ex fiance will be there and she still loves him. Ethan has never gotten over Delaney, but they are both different now. But there's still a chance.....
Raveen Vann
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg what an absolutely amazing heart felt book by this author. She knows how to kept you hooked and not able to put it down that's for sure. The characters were so great and wonderful. The chemistry they had was intense and so great. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Karilyn
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

First book I've read by Megan. Wow. My heart felt like it went to a boxing match. I could feel the hate, love, rejection. Very good book, all-in-all. The characters were well written as well as the story line.
Anne Turnley
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Old scandals

Delaney and Ethan were engaged until her father is exposed as a scammer. Give years later they are together again for the wedding of their best friends. Will they rekindle their love or at least get closure?
Joan
DNF at 44%

Good lord Ethan, get some self control. I was fed up of reading about your erections.

Too much navel gazing and too many thoroughly unpleasant characters. Even Caroline was obnoxious.
Dale Driver
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

I enjoyed reading this book. I would recommend it as a quick read. Was a good love story and had an ending that could lead to future books if the author decided to write more.
Shannon Davison
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love second chance romance books. Delaney and Ethan's story had me in tears at times. Great book and I look forward to reading more. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Someone to Watch Over Me (The Thorntons, #5)
  • Tainted: Lance and Mary (Cliffside Bay, #5)
  • Be with Me (All I Want, #2)
  • Her Christmas Cowboy (Copper Mountain Christmas #5; The Scott Brothers of Montana #5)
  • A Hummingbird Christmas (Glacier Creek)
  • Falling for the Firefighter (The Summer Sisters, #5)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • The Christmas Princess (Wedding, #4)
  • High Stakes (The O'Neil series #4)
  • Their Christmas Miracle (Charity, Montana #2)
  • The Story Sisters (The Story Sisters, #1-2; Blueberry Lane, #14-15)
  • Wild for You (Riding Tall 2 Book 4)
  • Fall Fast (SEALs Undone, #5)
  • Luke's Gift (The Harlow Brothers #2)
  • Too Dangerous (The Lewis Cousins, #5)
  • The Thing About Trouble (Crystal Lake, #1)
  • What Happens in the Highlands
  • Spring Fling (Romancing Wisconsin #7)
Ever since Megan Ryder discovered Jude Deveraux and Judith McNaught while sneaking around the “forbidden” romance section of the library one day after school, she has been voraciously devouring romance novels of all types. Now a romance author in her own right, Megan pens sexy contemporary novels all about family and hot lovin’ with the boy next door. She’s also a master procrastinator–with knitti ...more

Lone Star Match (3 books)
  • Something Borrowed (Lone Star Match, #2)
  • Something New (Lone Star Match, #3)