Start by marking “Once Upon a Tablecloth” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Tablecloth

Once Upon a Tablecloth

Nick Jordan acquires failing restaurants, then makes them prosperous. But when Lily Mercer calls him for help, he didn't count on falling in love. Or that someone wants to kill her. And with so many obstacles and threats, can she survive? Can their love?
Published January 19th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Tablecloth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Tablecloth

Connie
Lots of surprising treats in this one: romance, conspiracy, betrayal and murder. Lily is trying to save Daisy's, the family restaurant she inherited after her brother and father were killed in a car crash. She calls in Nick Jordan to save the restaurant but his fee is not cheap. In addition to 51% of the restaurant's ownership, Nick seems to desire Lily's heart as well. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Copy of this book (Goodreads Winner). Thank you!
GrnEyed
Leslie Hachtel is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. No matter what she writes I find myself hooked from almost the very start of the story; Once Upon a Tablecloth was no different.

Lily is a woman with goals and dreams of her own when tragedy strikes and she inherits the family business, Daisy’s. Try as she might, Lily isn’t a pro at the restaurant business and the restaurant is floundering. Unwilling to let her father and brother’s legacy and pride and joy just fail she enlists the he
Sarah Greenwood
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lily’s restaurant Daisy’s is failing and she needs help before it goes under. If the dismal excuse for edible food and failing sales weren’t bad enough the dead guy on the doorstep would be sure to put people off. Step in Nick the knight to save the day. Well he may not be a knight at the start with his tactics (hello 51% share!) but he does get there in the end. She inherited the restaurant after her brother Dennis and father died in a car accident. It was meant to be an accident but murder it ...more
Marisa
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This was a fun read although I found the beginning romance a little predictable. There was definitely instant love although Lily second-guessed herself left and right throughout that. I can understand that, but seemed to get so worked up and then immediately forgive which bothered me a bit. The mysterious twist I definitely loved being worked into the story. That aspect made the story stand out a bit more than a “standard romance” and I liked how the ending turned out.

I particularly liked that L
Chanel
I have to say this book kept me guessing. It is like there are 3 different story lines: 1--Lily hires a Nick, famous chef--like a Gordon Ramsey type, to save her failing restaurant. Lily never planned on being in the food business, but she recently inherited "Daisy's" after the death of her dad and brother in a car accident. 2-Nick and Lily try to ignore their mutual attraction to each other, which gets tougher once they start to know each other better. At first Lily doesn't really like Nick and ...more
Lourdes
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book I’ve read by this author and I enjoyed it.. Good story telling with the romance and intrigue. A recommended read that has it all – mystery, suspense and a good romantic romance vibe throughout.

Once Upon a Tablecloth follows the trials of Lily as she tries to bring her inherited restaurant, Daisy's from the brink of bankruptcy. Her father and brother were killed in an accident and Daisy's is all that she has left of their legacy. Although she knows nothing much about the business, she
Susan Bissell
Mar 16, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Here is a romantic story with a little mystery added in for intrigue. Lily Mercer has inherited the restaurant Daisy's after her brother and father are killed in a car accident. Her biggest problem is trying to keep this place going. What is she going to do to save this restaurant as a legacy for her brother and father? Lily does what only a person can do to save a failing restaurant, she calls in Nick Jordan, a man who acquires failing restaurants and make them successful again. The only proble ...more
Colleen
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love and intrigue

I love a hero who falls in love because he has no choice. The instant need between two people who will end up meaning everything to each other is the sign of a good romance.
This author was able to give us a very believable love story where the good guys win.
Nick and Lily's story will give you great pleasure along with enough intrigue to make it a fast easy read. Not overloaded with sex but sweet romance, true friendships, and wonderful supporting cast.
Book Junky
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick love story

It's was a quick read, very sweet and simple. Loved the main characters.
Def a big fan of happily ever afters.
Margarette Dibble
5+ Star's

This story is funny, steamy, suspenseful, and romantic with wonderful strong characters both male and female it was a nice way to pass an afternoon.
Alyson Allman
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really wish that goodreads would do half stars...

I was unsure of how I'd feel about this book, but very quickly I cared for the main characters. I liked the romance, and appreciated that it wasn't "smutty" as they say. I love a little mystery and suspense so I enjoyed that part of this book as well, though I felt the bad guy was too obvious and there could have been more of a fake you out kind of situation. On top of that I would have loved for the romantic ending to have been more romantic!

I
Beth Winters
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My new favorite of Leslie Hachtel's books!

Once Upon a Tablecloth follows the trials of Lily Mercer as she tries to bring her inherited restaurant, Daisy's from the brink of bankruptcy. Her father and brother were killed in an accident and Daisy's is all that she has left of their legacy. Although she knows nothing much about the business, she is willing to work hard and find someone that does.

She decides to hire Nick Jordan, and at a 51% share of her business he had better be great. Nick has a
Liz
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this more than I did. Especially, the end, where I wanted to see certain people pay for their crimes.

Lily runs Daisy's, the restaurant she inherited after her father and brother are killed in a car crash. But, the restaurant is having hard times and she enlists the help of the cold, but sexy Nick. They eventually find that the restaurant is being sabotaged and that they very well may be in danger themselves.

What I liked was both POVs and reading how they were feeling about each
Pegan Knight
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Takes yummy to new territory

First time reading from this author and I most please with the experience

Lily endured heart wrenching circumstances that ultimately inherit her the family restaurant. But when bankruptcy looms over her she calls for help. Nick is the restaurant savior, but taking on this project not only starts to save him, but it puts not only restaurant, but their lives and budding love in the ultimate danger.

I can not put into words just how much I loved this book!! The clashing
Bonnie Pierovich

• Ten Years Later
  • What Would Oprah Do?
  • Distorted Loyalty
  • Torn Apart: The Abduction of Gillian Curtis
  • Sweet Dreams (Dreams Come True, #2)
  • Wild Weekend
  • Dirty Boxing (Blood and Glory, #1)
  • How to Stop a School Shooting: a love story
  • The Man Behind the Mask
  • Lennon's Hope (Lennon's Girls #3)
  • Who Wants to Marry a Doctor?
  • A Little Bit Of Holiday Magic / Stranded With The Tycoon
  • Pastor Needs a Boo
  • Hard Deal (Melbourne After Dark, #2)
  • Deceptive Cadence (Cadence, #1)
  • Best Kept Secrets
  • Starring You and Me
  • The Sweetheart Rules (Sweetheart Sisters, #2)
Leslie Hachtel was born in Ohio, raised in New York and has been a gypsy most of her adult life. Her various jobs, including licensed veterinary technician, caterer, horseback riding instructor for the disabled and advertising media buyer have given her a wealth of experiences.
However, it has been writing that has consistently been her passion.

Leslie lives in Florida with a fabulously supportive