Start by marking “On the Chase (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #2)” as Want to Read:
On the Chase (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #2)

On the Chase

(Rocky Mountain K9 Unit #2)

After witnessing a horrifying crime, Kaylee is forced to flee to a small Colorado mountain town and take on a new identity. There she becomes Grace, a dog kennel worker trying to avoid the dangerously attractive K-9 Officer Hugh Murdoch.

When an accident leaves Hugh and his K-9 partner, Lexi, on desk duty, both are anxious for Hugh to heal. Until then, the highlight of his
Mass Market Paperback, 339 pages
Published September 5th 2017 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

Start your review of On the Chase (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #2)
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this book. It wasn't perfect but it was definitely entertaining. I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Run to Ground, when I read it a few months ago so I was pretty excited to read Hugh's story. It was a pretty fast read for me since I had a rather hard time actually setting the book aside.

The book opens with Kaylee in her old life. She witnesses a horrifying crime and becomes a target herself. In order to stay sa
Marta Cox
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
A solid four and a half
I really enjoyed this authors Search and Rescue series but struggled to really get into the first book Run to Ground in this new series . In theory it should be perfect for me with interesting characters, charming dogs , romance and suspense as well. Happily I much preferred this story and maybe that's because I'm getting to know these characters and the way they react to situations.
We met Hugh in the previous book when he got shot trying to protect the young brother of h
Mitticus
+Digital copy gently provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review+

2.8 running stars

I do not read the previous book, but the plot is understood without any problem.

Kaylee has her dream life in California, great job, nice home, good clothes, and maybe a dream boyfriend , but then her dream come crushing down with awful reality when she sees something horrible in a party and feel that is more safe to flee frightened for her life.

I really wanted to like this book, that is, a hot cop that w
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
On the Chase is book two in the Rocky Mountain K9 Unit by Katie Ruggle. You can read this book without having read book one, but I feel you should read in order.

This story covers Hugh Murdoch and his canine partner, Lexi, who is the only drug sniffing dog in the town.

Kaylee was hard to like at first. She’s all about the designer cloths and her large walk in closet. She’s worked hard to get where she is. Coming from a life of little to having everything she wants. She was very material orientat
♥Rachel♥
Kaylee’s life is turned upside down in one night when she stumbles upon a gruesome scene. Afraid for her life she flees California with the help of Mr. Espinosa, the mysterious character who helped Jules (from book one) in the last book. Kaylee takes on the identity of Grace Robinson, posing as Jules’ old high-school friend. She attempts to stay low, but that’s easier said than done in the small town of Monroe, Colorado. Especially, when nosey cop Hugh takes an avid interest in her. He teases, a ...more
Kate
3.5 Stars

Book 2 in the Rocky Mountain K9 Unit. It is just as good as the first book. It picks up shortly after book one where Jules is visited by an old “school friend” for an extended stay in Monroe, Colorado.

Grace Robinson is on the run she was looking for the toilet but found something worse that she is trying to escape. The only job in Monroe is shovelling shit at the kennels. Grace had adjustment problems to her new life.

I found her to be quite whiney. But she pulls herself out of her pit
Erth
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let’s just say it—Hugh is a hoot! He is absolutely perfect for Grace aka Kaylee. He’s smarter than he sounds and has a fantastic K9 partner. This one is action-packed because both Hugh and Grace are on hit lists thanks to two drug traffickers. Plot lines are great. Characters are flawlessly portrayed. The storyline is interesting. And the entertainment value is superb.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This was pretty entertaining. I really enjoy books that have good banter between the main couple. It's more of the frustration, flirty banter if that makes sense. It had me laughing a lot.

In book one, Jules needed to save her siblings from her evil stepmom. She kidnaps them and has a "guy" create a whole new identity for them all and moves them to a new location where she falls in love with Theo, a cop. Theo and his partner, Hugh know Jules is hiding something, but Theo is so in love with her, h
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Contemporary Romance
Series : - 2nd in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author? - Yes
Rating - 5

★Review★

I adore this author and really enjoyed her Search and Resc
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Gracie is trying to out run things her eyes and memories will never let her forget. Her childhood created someone that would never have to nothing ever again, nice clothes, fancy shoes, houses so big people can get lost in them. No she’s on the run, fearing for her life, thrust back into nothingness. Learning to trust a small town cop to keep her safe, she never planned on him taking her heart in the process.

Hugh is still trying to recovery from a bullet wound when he starts hounding Gracie for
Mojca
***ARC provided by publisher through NetGalley***

While Kaylee was dating a Disney prince, fancying herself falling for him, she encountered three tortured men in his uncle’s basement, helped them escape, was also forcefully detained by said uncle, escaped herself, ran from the police, and got a new identity and a new location.

Unfortunately that new location comes with a sexy, but nosy cop without nothing better to do, since he’s on sick leave thanks to a hole in his leg, but poke his nose into h
RachelW (BamaGal)
DNF. Okay, as much as I enjoyed Ruggles first series, I'm not feeling the love with this one. It's pretty bland, generic, and I keep putting it down in disinterest. I don't even care enough to skim to see how it ends. Don't take my word, there are some gushing pre-reviews, so it might well just not be to my taste.

May or may not try the next one. I'm also bummed that for books with K9 in the series title, it doesn't make much use of the dogs other than window dressing.
☕️Kimberly
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kaylee Ramay, now Grace escaped from a horrific scene, but the perpetrator has power and connection forcing her to assume a new identity in Colorado Rockies. She finds herself sharing the house with Jules and her siblings. We meet them in Run to Ground, and like Grace, they are hiding from their past. This is why I feel you will want to read Run to Ground first and meet Jules and K9 Officer Theo Bosco. Theo's quirky partner, K9 Officer Hugh Murdoch can spot a lie a mile away, and he is obsessive ...more
Miranda
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 / 5 Fangs

On the Chase started off with a BANG, and I expect nothing less from Katie Ruggle! The beginning of this book was only a preview for how action packed and intense the rest of the book was going to be. This book had so much action, intrigue, and mystery to keep me on the edge of my seat!

The main female character, Grace, was a witty and strong woman. I admired how much she cared about those around her and how she never wanted anyone to get hurt. She did get a bit whiny at times, whic
CD {Boulder Blvd}
3.5 Stars rounded up.

This is book #2 in the Rocky Mountain K9 series which is set in Colorado. I love having Colorado as the setting and I'm a huge fan of animals in a book - so it's a great set-up. I was disappointed in the first book in this series and found I liked book #2 much better.

I really liked the start of the book with Kaylee/Gracie discovering kidnapped & beaten law enforcement officers during a dinner party at the home of her boyfriend's uncle. The family is definitely not what she o
Laz the Sailor
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book immediately following the first one, and I give the author credit for changing up the first section, where the danger is presented early on. However, the middle and end of the book were very similar to the first one. I recommend that you put some time between these books.

I gave the first book 4 stars, and I will do the same here, but with less enthusiasm.
Sophia
After adoring Run to Ground, the first in the Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, I was prepared to settle back and enjoy this second book in the series. Katie Ruggle's books delight me, what more can I say?

So yes, On the Chase is book two. I would say that it would be okay as a standalone in a pinch since it tackles a new couple and main plot, but, truly it works best following its predecessor where most of the cast and some ongoing situational things were introduced.

I was eager to get back to the little q
Kelly
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Hugh. I LIKED HIM. From his joking to his pointed questions to his determination to keep Kaylee/Grace safe no matter the cost. (And from here on out, I'll refer to her as Grace just so I don't confuse myself more than I normally am.) *le sigh*

While Hugh plays the friendly joker, Grace is struggling. As I'm sure we all know, things are never simple when you're running from the mob and have no one but yourself to rely on. Except Grace really does have a few people she can trust. Jules and her
ambe_loves2read
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
On the Chase is the 2nd book in the Rocky Mountain K9 Unit by Katie Ruggle. In this story we are introduced to Kaylee who is forced to Monroe after witnessing a terrible crime; here she moves in with Jules and her siblings and becomes Grace-a dog kennel employee. When she first meets Hugh Murdoch, she tries to fight her growing attraction to the man even as he continuously annoys her. When both Hugh and Grace end up in the middle of a dangerous plan to take them out, Hugh promises to keep her sa ...more
Caitlyn Lynch
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
On The Chase is a book in the Rocky Mountain K9 Unit series, and the very existence of a unit containing three police dogs and their handlers in a town small enough to have only one diner honestly had me questioning the whole premise from the get-go. As did the idea of a girl who'd moved to California because she loves the warmth and sunshine happily settling down in a back-of-beyond Colorado snow town.

If you can get past those unlikely issues, though, there's a lot to enjoy in this book. Hugh
 Reading In Pajamas
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spotlight, Review, Excerpt & Giveaway: ON THE CHASE (Rocky Mountain K-9 Unit) by Katie Ruggle http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-9EQ
►Enter Rafflecopter (Search & Rescue Prize Pack) ➢ http://bit.ly/2iNhMsT
Publication Date: September 5, 2017
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 5 Stars

I love Katie Ruggle’s stories, the characters are fun and realistic no matter what situation they’re in. Hugh is, of course, handsome, and he has a sense of humor that is not over the top. I wasn’t sur
Anita
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
I absolutely love the three K-9 Officers and their doggy partners in this series. Hugh, Otto and Theo are just the kind of handsome, hunky and lovable alpha heroes I love to read. The doggie partners are wonderful too, always coming to the rescue but not hogging the story like some other books with an animal character. This book is about Hugh and Kaylee/Grace and is full of witty banter between the two main characters, which is one of the high points for this book, although I began to wonder if ...more
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Only one more to go!

This book, what happened to Kaylee scares the crap outta me. The masks people wear so professionally their own mother wouldn't recognize them. *shudders*

I actually thought Hugh would be my fav what with his ability to always make you laugh and I liked Kaylee too but I'm just not sold.

Guess I'll have to wait till end of book three to pick a fav :D
Dawn
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Katie Ruggle has quickly become an auto buy for me. And this new book in the Rocky Mountain K-9 Unit just proves it again!

This is Kaylee and Hugh's story and it's humorous as well as action filled and has the plus of the K-9 partners.

Kaylee is dating a new guy, Noah, and her friend, Penny is not a fan. When she goes to meet Noah's uncle for a dinner party she stumbles on something that has her running for her life.

When she employs the service of Mr. Espina she ends up visiting Jules and the k
Jackie
Book Info
Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Expected publication: September 5th 2017 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN 1492643076 (ISBN13: 9781492643074)
Edition Language English

B&N

BOOK BLURB

Kimberley C.
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first novel by Katie Ruggle I have read and I enjoyed it, but I found a lot of the plot to be worthy of a big fat eye roll. Of course, if you can suspend belief, which I'm quite good at, it's a suspenseful read with a dash of romance thrown in.

Kaylee has found her disney prince and is enjoying a dinner party at her new beau's family estate, owned by Martin, his uncle. Kaylee finds Martin creepy but overlooks it, and heads to the restroom to freshen up. Of course, the estate is enormo
Kathy Martin
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kaylee Ramay is on the run from a dangerous criminal mastermind and finds herself in Monroe, Colorado, with a new name, no home, and no job. Now Grace Robinson, she finds herself living with another family also on the run.

Grace finds a job working at a kennel and cleaning up dog poo which is quite a change from her previous position as a fund raiser for a college. In Monroe, she meets Hugh Murdoch who is a police officer on medical leave until he heels from a gunshot wound to his thigh. Hugh is
Amanda
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
On the Chase provides a stellar follow-up to Run to Ground, making Ruggle's Rocky Mountain K9 Unit series one that's not to be missed.

After Kaylee witnesses a crime, she goes on the run and becomes Grace. She finds sanctuary with Jules, heroine of book 1. And while Jules's storyline isn't advanced with this book, that doesn't matter because it allows the focus to stay on Grace and Hugh.

Recovering from an injury, Hugh is antsy and itching for something (anything) to do. When mysterious Grace roll
Christine
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Katie Ruggle is on my auto-buy list, but this was not a favorite. I miss the most small town feel of her Search and Rescue series, and the feistiness of her S&R heroines. But most of all, I miss the stalwart alpha S&R guys.

Kaylee is running for her life but she, just like Jules from Run to Ground (book 1), gets sidetracked by a good looking K9 police officer. On the run from a shady businessman who viciously tortures people, Kaylee-now-Grace had to give up her identity and creature comforts for
Loriidae
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-read
Unrealistic/immature behaviour from a police officer. (view spoiler) ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Play Book Tag: On the Chase - Katie Ruggle - 3.5 Stars 1 6 Oct 19, 2020 08:55AM
Play Book Tag: [Poll Ballot] On the Chase by Katie Ruggle 4 stars 1 8 Sep 10, 2020 05:39PM

• Extreme Honor (True Heroes, #1)
  • Armed 'N' Ready (Federal K-9 #2)
  • Ultimate Courage (True Heroes, #2)
  • Lock 'N' Load (Federal K-9, #1)
  • Absolute Trust (True Heroes, #3)
  • Dark 'N' Deadly (Federal K-9, #3)
  • Irresistible Force (K-9 Rescue #1)
  • Total Bravery (True Heroes, #4)
  • Blood Money (NYPD Blue & Gold, #2)
  • Lethal Redemption (Steele Ops, #2)
  • Rowan (The K9 Files #10)
  • Ryland’s Reach (Bullard's Battle #1)
  • Deadly Obsession (Steele Ops, #1)
  • Fierce Justice (True Heroes, #5)
  • Devil and the Deep (Deep Six, #2)
  • Trap 'N' Trace (Federal K-9, #4)
  • Primal Force (K-9 Rescue, #3)
  • Hell or High Water (Deep Six, #1)
A fan of the old adage “write what you know”, Katie Ruggle lived in an off-grid, solar- and wind-powered house in the Rocky Mountains until her family lured her back to Minnesota. When she’s not writing, Katie rides horses, trains her three dogs, cross-country skis (badly) and travels to warm places where she can scuba dive. A graduate of the Police Academy, Katie received her ice-rescue certifica ...more

Rocky Mountain K9 Unit (4 books)
  • Run to Ground (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #1)
  • Survive the Night (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #3)
  • Through the Fire (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #4)