Start by marking “Good Night, Sweetie” as Want to Read:
Good Night, Sweetie

Good Night, Sweetie

Joyce Wan helps little ones get ready for sleep in a sparkly ode to all things bedtime!

This dreamy board book includes Wan's iconic bold lines, glitter, and embossing on the cover as well as eye-catching spreads featuring an irresistible cast of chubby, sleepy characters, such as a wishing star, a lovable snuggly, a bedtime book, and more. And at the end of the story you
Board book, 14 pages
Published August 29th 2017 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Good Night, Sweetie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Night, Sweetie

Colette
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a giant fan of Joyce Wan's. As always, this book is the perfect format and length for a little one. The illustrations are gorgeous and the color is bright and vivid.
Becky
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
First sentence: You are my wish upon a star. My bright, shining moon from afar.

Premise/plot: Good Night, Sweetie is a sweet, glittery bedtime board book.

My thoughts: Joyce Wan has written a handful of board books. My favorite by far is You Are My Cupcake. What I loved about You Are My Cupcake was that you could easily, effortlessly sing it to the tune of "You Are My Sunshine." (True you might have to add a syllable or two. But still easy for anyone who loves to sing.) None of Wan's other boo
zapkode
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
{My thoughts} – This is one of those must have infant board books. The cover is gorgeous with its embossed title and illustrations.

It has simple one line phrases on each page. It is very colorful and eye catching to little eyes. It has emphasized words with chubby print and adorable illustrations throughout.

I love that this book is short and you can turn the pages rather quickly as my one year old doesn’t enjoy sitting through long winded books, but does enjoy being read
Meredith
This board book wishes young readers good night using common nighttime objects.

A star, moon, teddy bear, lullaby, mobile, and bedtime story all soothe young readers to sleep. Joyce Wan's bold, bright, and friendly illustrations depict an inviting bedtime ritual, making this the perfect bedtime story for very young readers.

Jesse
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We have probably read this book 100 times. At least twice every night for several months. I had to sneak it out of the house to return it to the library this morning. Berry LOVES this book! When we get to the lullaby page she starts "reading" with me. We're going to have to add this to our personal collection, I think. :)
Deb
Nov 20, 2017 added it
I received this book from the Goodreads Giveaway. The book is a delightful, lyrical read. It is nicely illustrated with large, simple images that youngsters will enjoy. It's a great board book for children.
Kimberly
Three stars from me, the mom who has to read this cute but not particularly interesting book two or three times per night. Five stars from my toddler, who is obsessed with this book and wants to read it two or three times per night.
A.M.
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is like painfully adorable
MaryLibrarianOH
Was just okay.
Lili Kim
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVE Joyce Wan, and all her adorable books! My son memorized all the pages when he was just a couple years old, and I was able to meet Joyce in person! Super amazing!
Jocelin
Always super cute and super sweet, Joyce Wan has done it again!
Peacegal
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Adorable, happy illustrations in a style reminiscent of Hello Kitty.
Ellen
Fans of Hello Kitty and Pusheen will enjoy the art in this book, which is pretty darn cute.
Drew Graham
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
All the cozy elements of bedtime come together for a snuggly goodnight.

Another win from Joyce Wan. Will I ever get tired of her style? Probably not. These books are short, colorful and endlessly appealing. I will say that her "sleepy eyes" look kind of sinister to me... the slightest tilt of a line or curve would make all the difference.
Jacki

• Hello, World! Solar System
  • Ducks Away!
  • Saffron Ice Cream
  • Detention of Doom
  • Star Wars: Jedi Academy 6: The Principal Strikes Back (Jedi Academy, #6)
  • The Ugly Five
  • Weather or Not (Upside-Down Magic, #5)
  • The Sun Is Kind of a Big Deal
Award-winning author-illustrator, JOYCE WAN, designed her first greeting card when she was in first grade for a city-wide greeting card design contest. The design won first place and was subsequently sold through a major department store chain. Twenty years later, after a brief stint as an architect, that design would inspire a line of greeting cards and eventually a design studio called Wanart wh ...more