Start by marking “Love's Promise (The First Street Church Romances Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Love's Promise (The First Street Church Romances Book 2)

Love's Promise (The First Street Church Romance #2)

This special pre-order price of 99 cents is available for a limited time only!

She's waiting for her prince to come … but was he right beside her all the time?

Kristina Rose Maher wants to know why fairytales never happen for fat girls. Certain that diner cook Jeff, handsome and fit, will never want her as more than a friend, she stuffs down her attraction to him. But wh
Published March 7th 2017 by Partridge & Pear Press

To ask other readers questions about Love's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Promise

Debra
Mar 05, 2017 Debra rated it it was amazing
Wow! LOVE'S PROMISE is a beautiful love story that comes true. Melissa Storm must knows firsthand how it feels to be overweight because she has written it perfectly and poignantly. This terrific read will have you laughing, crying and hoping that Kristina Rose and Jeffrey realize their friendship is the lasting foundation for their love. This is a great book, I highly recommend!
Carol and Gary Curtis
Very sweet but not always interesting story. The plot was simple with twists along the way. I couldn't feel any emotion but I slogged through.
Carrie Korschinowski
Mar 09, 2017 Carrie Korschinowski rated it really liked it
What a refreshing lovely story by Ms. Storm. She has a way of writing that makes you feel warm, fuzzy and content. Don't miss out on another fantastic read.
Heidi Lynn
First, I need to thank Melissa Storm for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review!
Love’s Promise by Melissa Storm is the second book in The First Street Church Romance series. This book is not a standalone and must be read in order. Reason being you will be lost in the storyline and the characters.
I am a huge Melissa Storm fan but none of her books have touched me more than Kristina Rose’s story has. Even though this was Melissa’s story about her own journey written through Kri
Donna
Mar 09, 2017 Donna rated it it was amazing
Love's Promise is another wonderful book by Melissa Storm. She is a terrific author and you need to read all of her books.

Love's Promise is a sweet romance and so much more. It deals with the struggle to love one's self in spite of the flaws and imperfections. Of being true to who you are and not letting others expectations/opinions determine how you live your life. Of the importance of faith in yourself.

Kristina Rose and Jeffrey are wonderful characters. People who, if they are in your life, ar
Evelyn Nathalia
Mar 10, 2017 Evelyn Nathalia rated it really liked it
Do you know the moment that you find a book that you've been looking for your whole life?

Melissa wrote the story beautifully and it has been an amazing journey with Jeffrey and Kristina.
It gives me hope and love that something good is going to happen one day and that love sees inner beauty.

Jeff is a remarkable guy. Not only he cooks, but also thoughtful. He finally managed to face his fears and that helps him to be closer to his family and God. Sometimes the path that we chose is not only the pa
Jessica Mitchell
Mar 19, 2017 Jessica Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Love's Promise
Melissa Storm

Love if fickle and it will hit you when you least expect it too. So come along for the ride in this sweet romantic story.

This is book 2 and can be read as a stand alone. All the characters do tie in together if you want to read in order.

A woman lost in thought of how to turn her life around and fine the one thing to make her happy. A man who is tired of his life being dictated by his family, he just wants to be happy and enjoy life.

Kristina Rose has to have surgery to
Mar 07, 2017 Sarah rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written story that touched my heart. While the main focus is Kristina and her life before and after life-altering surgery, the theme of the book can relate to many things. It was a sweet love story about Kristina and Jeffery and their friendship that blossoms into something more. It was an inspirational story of knowing your own self-worth, understanding that how you see yourself is not how others see you. Accepting yourself, loving yourself and accepting the friendships and love t ...more
Robin
Mar 05, 2017 Robin rated it really liked it
This was a well-written, sweet, faith-based book. Kristina has decided to have weight loss surgery. Her co-worker, Jeffrey, has feelings for Kristina but doesn't want to lose her friendship. Both have to learn to love themselves before they can have the happily-ever-after they crave. This book can be read as a standalone story, though it is part of a series with related characters set in the same small town. I enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading more in this series and other bo ...more
Isha Coleman
Mar 13, 2017 Isha Coleman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
When you can see pieces of yourself within a story, you know that you've found something special. Ms. Storm spoke from the heart with Love's Promise. Kristin and Jeffrey could be any of us. The wounds run deep and the insecurities are at times hard to bear, but the message of hope and solidarity adds to the power and integrity of an uplifting journey. We all need a little help, that voice of encouragement to inspire us to push through and never give up. Love's Promise is that voice.
Gina
Mar 05, 2017 Gina rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of an overweight girl Kristina and Jeff her good friend and coworker. It is about letting faith drive out fear to open yourself up to love. The two main characters have feelings for each other but Kristina needs to work through her weight loss surgery and Jeff needs to figure things out about his future. When and how will they find the time to show their feelings to each other? I was given a copy of this book by the author with no obligation.
Linda Rainey
Mar 12, 2017 Linda Rainey rated it it was amazing
I am glad I found Melissa Storm and read this book.
My journey was like hers but over a period 40 plus years and over 100 pounds.
I have done the yo-yo, dieting, the exercise losing 50lbs so many times I lost count.
The weight is still there, the low self-esteem but no more yo-yo diets.
I need to learn to lean on God and let him take over.
This story gives me hope that it is even possible at 70.
Thank you, Melissa, for writing the book that I hope will change my life.
Ashley Hedden
Mar 09, 2017 Ashley Hedden rated it it was amazing
Love's Promise by Melissa Storm is a great book. I loved Kristina Rose and Jeffrey's story. I fell in love with the characters both individually and as a couple. Kristina Rose is going through a life altering surgery and has been looking for her Prince Charming. Little did she know he was near her all along. I absolutely loved this book and can't wait to read more by Melissa Storm.
Nati
Mar 06, 2017 Nati rated it it was amazing
Melissa has done it again. She makes you feel as if their characters are your friends too. She shows you all the emotions, feelings, thoughts their are going through. Kristina Rose and Jeffrey are best friends but they realise that their feeling are desperate in a very difficult time in their lives. But love, friendship and God help them reach each other and find true love.
Kaila
Mar 14, 2017 Kaila rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one.. Kristina is an amazing bbw who is strong and yet in some ways weak.. she thinks she needs to be a specific weight and look and it made me sad.. but it had so many emotions in this.. it was very well written and i loved watching from before the surgery and after. i really enjoyed it and im glad i got to review it
Jennifer Ellis
Mar 12, 2017 Jennifer Ellis rated it really liked it

Love's Promise by Melissa Storm is the second book in The First Street Church Romances Series. It may be part of a series but it can be read as a standalone.

I thought the first book in this series was cute and this book is just as good. Melissa manages to keep the story clean and upbeat while still delving into the ups and downs of confronting your issues and working through them.

Kristina Rose thought having gastric bypass surgery would solve all her problems, but she quickly learned that her p
Lucinda
Mar 06, 2017 Lucinda rated it liked it
Cute story with an interesting premise and diverse characters. I liked how Kristina Rose learns to change her life and like herself, and how Jeffrey is there for her.
Margaret Fraleigh
Mar 14, 2017 Margaret Fraleigh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: melissa-storm
This is book #2 in this series.

I love the story of Jeffery and Kristina Rose.

Looking forwarded to reading about Jennifer and Liam in Book #3
Pat Quinn
Mar 05, 2017 Pat Quinn rated it it was amazing
I received this book for an honest review.
This book is faith based. The characters had close friendships and love for each other. It was a breath of fresh air.
Elissa
Mar 12, 2017 Elissa rated it it was amazing
This is an engrossing story about a serious issue--health-threatening obesity. Our heroine, Kristina Rose, has a negative self-image thanks in part to her mother but largely due to her own large size. In fact, the bulk of the fat-shaming is what she does to herself! With a national epidemic of overweight offsetting all the pseudo, rah-rah . . . nope, not going to follow that train of thought. But if you are paying attention you should have caught a number of weighty puns sprinkled throughout. An ...more
Susan Shearer
Mar 07, 2017 Susan Shearer rated it really liked it
Melissa Storm has done it again in Love’s Promise! Told a story about life if a story you want to read! Melissa’s stories are based on her real life and can be related to others.
In this story we meet Kristina Rose Maher, an overweight young lady that is going to have a gastric bypass to lose the weight she has lived with all her life. Kristina Rose lives in the small town she grew up in, Sweet Grove. She works at Mabel’s Diner as a waitress.
Also working at Mabel’s is Jeffrey Berkley. Jeffrey is
Sharon Rudolph
Mar 20, 2017 Sharon Rudolph rated it it was amazing
What a great book! You could really feel the authors story in this book. She did such a great job with a difficult and hard subject. I really enjoyed getting to know the characters in this book, meeting their families and friends. I look forward to the next book in this series!
Alicia
Mar 09, 2017 Alicia rated it really liked it
"Love's Promise" (1st Street Church Romance Book 2) by Melissa Storm

Melissa Storm has taken a piece of her personal life and written a timely and poignant novel from it.

With a society that is tending to be overweight and the addiction of emotional eating quite common, yet one few recognize as having, the author takes this starting point and writes about one of her characters journey through bypass surgery, the changes she has to make in her life from that surgery -- emotionally, mentally, psych
Traci Sessions
Mar 18, 2017 Traci Sessions rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this book to review. I was excited to read it based on it being about someone feeling like they couldn't be loved because of their weight. It started out really good but then as the book went on it was like the author tried to hard with the characters and it didn't flow naturally. The epilogue didn't belong and felt totally out of place.
Jasmine
Mar 05, 2017 Jasmine rated it really liked it
Love's Promise is the second book of the First Street Church Romances. This one tells the story of Kristina Rose and Jeffrey, two characters you meet in Love's Prayer. Kristina Rose is a friend of Summer's, but you really don't need to read the first one to understand what goes on in this one. I'd recommend it, though, but that's just me.

Kristina Rose is, as she considers herself, the fat friend. It doesn't really seem to bother her too much until she has a health scare. Knowing she has to do so
charmaine White
Mar 17, 2017 charmaine White rated it liked it
Ok

I found it a little slow going.Was hard to keep up with and had way too much going on sorry.
Debra Watson Duncan
Mar 19, 2017 Debra Watson Duncan rated it it was amazing
Melissa has written another amazing book!! She addresses real life trials and handles them with faith and understanding with each character.
Gladys Mills
Mar 14, 2017 Gladys Mills rated it it was amazing
Love's Promise. This book was sweet and serene. I could feel what Kristina Rose was going through. Reading how she struggled with her weight and not feeling good about herself hit home. I know her pain. Jeffrey struggled with a lot of problems too. He needed to decide what he wanted not what everyone wanted for him. I enjoyed how he handled the situations. Jeffrey was a true man taking charge of his life and making sure Kristina Rose was in his life the right way. This small town has people who ...more
Anna Tan
Mar 07, 2017 Anna Tan rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, review-copy
Love's Promise is sweet. Definitely saccharine, diabetes-inducingly sweet. In a very clean, old-fashioned, charmingly pure way. Which is probably why I loved it and am not ashamed to say so.

Kristina Rose Maher has always been not-the-one and she knows it. Attempting to take her life by the reins, she opts for a gastric bypass. But recovery is difficult - food has always been her comfort go-to, but is definitely off the list forever. Then there's the way Jeffrey Berkley, her coworker, is suddenl
Readsandeats
Mar 12, 2017 Readsandeats rated it it was amazing
Mellsisa has done it again.
She gives us characters we can believe in, empathise with, want to be frineds with and puts them in situations where we can see ourselves.

In this story we meet Kristina Rose anf Jeffrey. Both are making difficult decisions, both feel that they will be letting family and friends down, no matter what. Krisina is haivng life altering surgery, is terrified that she will lose herslef once this happens. Jeffrey wants to stay being a chief but his father wants him to train to
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Melissa Storm is a mother first, and everything else second. She used to write under a pseudonym, but finally had the confidence to come out as herself to the world. Her fiction is highly personal and often based on true stories. Writing is Melissa's way of showing her daughter just how beautiful life can be, when you pay attention to the everyday wonders that surround us.

Melissa loves books so mu

More about Melissa Storm...

The First Street Church Romance (3 books)
  • Love's Prayer (The First Street Church Romances Book 1)
  • Love's Prophet (The First Street Church Romances Book 3)