Start by marking “Sexy Web Design” as Want to Read:
Sexy Web Design

Sexy Web Design

Sexy Web Design is an easy-to-follow guide that reveals the secrets of how to build your own breathtaking web interfaces from scratch. You'll be guided through the entire process of creating a gorgeous, usable web site by applying the timeless principles of user-centered design.

Even if you're short on design skills, with this book you'll be creating your own stunning web s
Published April 4th 2009 by SitePoint (first published February 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Sexy Web Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sexy Web Design

Hanady
Sep 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
كتاب مفيد وبسيط الأسلوب فى مجال تصميم واجهة الموقع استفدت من المفاهيم كبداية لى
لا يتحدث عن طريق تصميم محددة ولكن يتكلم بشكل عام عن المعايير الواجب توافرهافى التصميم ومراحل تصميم الموقع استفدت من جزء الأسئلة التى يجب طرحها على العميل
واهمية استخدام ال
Wire frames

and

The Rule of Thirds
A simpler version of the same principle is the rule of thirds. One way to use this is to divide your
designs into thirds, fill two thirds with content, and leave one third for whitespace

beside color wheel and how t
Chad Warner
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
A simple introduction to the principles of presentational, front-end web design. It’s a very easy, visual read, full of colorful examples. It covers several specific techniques, but it’s more inspirational than a reference book. I was hoping for more practical tips on using graphics and CSS.

Stocks says there’s no universal truth to creating an aesthetically pleasing site, but there are tried-and-true design frameworks that have developed over millennia. He shows how to start with traditional des
Dhuaine
Apr 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: web design starters
Shelves: tech
I had high hopes for this book. I bought it expecting it to be - as advertised - an easy to digest yet informative and competent design manual, going into detail over types of web pages, different elements and of course variety of tricks to make the design pretty, all this supplied with commentary on usability, psychological reaction of viewers and customers' expectations.

Well, this is what I wanted this book to contain.

And it is there... It spans more or less 20 pages, out of 160, somewhere in
J. Pedro Ribeiro
Aug 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: web-design
Have you ever wondered if your design process is the right one for your projects? Have you ever thought that maybe there’s a step missing or maybe a specific phase that needs more emphasis on? After doing some research on the subject I found out that Elliot Jay Stocks, a very cool designer from the UK, had recently written a book about this called Sexy Web Design published by Sitepoint, a cool Aussie based book publisher and web & design reference website.

Overall idea of the book

In this book
Carly
Dec 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Read my review of Elloit Jay Stocks' book, 'Sexy Web Design.'

I purchased this book because I know the author writes great articles in .net magazine and I’ve read his blog entries on several occasions. I must say the book has lived up to my expectations – it’s taught me some great new methods to use while designing interfaces and reinforced a lot of things I’ve often thought but never known why!

I think the main thing this book has proven, is that firing up Photoshop should be the last part of you
Guilherme
Apr 13, 2010 rated it liked it
I like the Sitepoint books very much. That said, I hoped this book would bring something good about the design of web sites.

However, for me, who has some experience already, found almost nothing new or specially useful. The book does not go into detail in any subject. It's always "this would span a full book, so I will not get into detail".

Maybe for beginners this book should be of some use. But I got nothing from it, unfortunately. It's a shame, because Elliot is a great web designer and I'm su
Cgoldby
Jan 01, 2010 rated it liked it
Has some good basic advice on web design, and some good beginning pointers - but not really very much substance to it. There is no info in here on coding, this is strictly design principals. Last chapter on exactly what should be considered in deliverables for the design stage was nice though.
Dimitrios Diamantaras
Good information on web design, but too short for a non-graphic-design oriented person such as myself. I realize it would have too be very long, however, to deal with this complaint... Good complement to some other web design books I have.
Hannes
Apr 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lots of good examples. Great tips.
Giuseppe Pizzimenti
divertente ma il livello è decisamente introduttivo
Leonard Houx
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
My friend Alex, who is a shit-hot web designer, recommended this book. It took me maybe three hours to read the whole thing. It was ok. A good overview, but not as substantial as I had hoped.
Eydie
May 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
The information is basic and supports a standard design process. The benefit is the informal, straight forward presentaion as well as examples and inspirational reference.
Furiousball
Sep 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Nolvelyn