Start by marking “A Vampire's Tale (The Magicals, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Vampire's Tale (The Magicals, #1)

A Vampire's Tale

(The Magicals #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  47 ratings  ·  35 reviews
The best laid plans…

Marisa Clements was never satisfied writing the ‘gossip column’ in the local paper and she quit her job to follow her dream of writing fiction. Floundering in an unforgiving industry, she wrote about vampires, a popular subject she considered fascinating but as real as unicorns, to pay the rent.

Corgan was tired of human misconceptions about vampires and
Published March 22nd 2017 by Tirgearr Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Vampire's Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vampire's Tale

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of A Vampire's Tale (The Magicals, #1)
TDCbookreviews
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: maya-tyler
Have you ever wondered if Fate played a bigger part in your life than you were aware of?

Marissa, a writer unable to get out of this writing funk, has a character come to mind one night... only to have him appear in front of her. Not only was he in her mind, he has been a part of her life journey unbeknownst to her.

A tale of surprises, love, the paranormal, the power of true love's connection and the danger that protecting your loved one can bring.

An overall cute story, once you get into the p
Cathy Geha
A Vampire’s Tale by Maya Tyler

Sitting before her computer typing by candlelight one night an author thinks of her next vampire hero only to have him materialize from the darkness. A skeptic and unbeliever at first she is soon writing Corgan’s biography as he passes it on to her. Corgan fears for Marissa having seen a future for her he could not abide and hopes that by being nearby fate can be thwarted. Romance between Corgan and Marissa is a given but how the two will change her dire future requ
BeckieG
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A writer writing a book on a Vampire....wasn't too sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The story flowed and was insightful to a topic that has been a recent it and I enjoyed that element of it.

The book moves swiftly through the story and at times felt a little rushed and would have liked to have know a little more about the muse and her watcher pre their paths entwining but I enjoyed the premises of the book. The characters were well descript and plentiful. The romance was steady
Jennifer Tooker
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure, I was provided an advanced copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

An action packed paranormal romance

Marisa Clements is not your average romance novelist. An introvert by choice, she is rarely seen outside of her house; her only companion being her laptop and her vampire romance novels. With a nonexistent love life, she relies on her vivid imagination as fuel for her craft. Being a skeptic writing about the paranormal doesn’t make the task easier, but
Rebecca Larsen
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

A great plot, good character interaction, and plenty of action. Steady paced and will keep you interested. I feel the story could use more description and more emotional involvement.
Steph
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewer of 2 Girls Book Reviews
4 STARS

Let me start by telling you that Vampire's Tale is a stand alone. Therefore, all of you that dislike series or cliffhangers, don't worry and enjoy the ride.
This novel is a paranormal romance unlike any other I have read before. I must confess I was a little worried about the writer-vampire relationship.
Probably because I thought the romance will be a little cheesy and not too much action or plot development into it, but I am glad I was wrong. The
story end
Suzanne Hare
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Corgan Halton is very handsome, very old and very powerful. He is a vampire who feels it is time to end his existence but first wants to tell his tale. He chooses a struggling writer, Marisa Clements, as the one to write his story. Corgan can see into the future although it is not clear. There are two things he does know, she is the best. one to write his story but if she does, she will be in great danger. Marisa is unaware of how he has been manipulating her life and she also unaware of the pot ...more
Christina Belcher
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good intentions sometimes lead to horrific mistakes, intertwining paths of fate.

Following her passion for writing, Marisa Clements sacrifices a steady paycheck and benefits, to submerge in the world of make-believe and fiction. At least it paid the rent…barely.

Desperate for the truth to be revealed and to end his miserable existence and suffering, Corgan Halton exposes his true nature to Marisa, coercing her to write about the facts of vampires and demolish any misconceptions. Knowing she was fa
Karen Shortridge
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a standalone ( really wish it wasn't ) so if you're looking for one this is definitely one you will want to read. This paranormal romance is definitely one that I have never read like it before, I wasn't sure how it was going to go but I was really impressed with so much in it from humour, sweetness, romance, determination, loyalty, protection and so much more. The characters were absolutely brilliant and you do start wondering more about their history too. Marisa is doing a journalist j ...more
Belinda Wilson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“A Vampire’s Tale” is not about the typical Hollywood vampire with which everyone is familiar. Corgan Halton sets the reader straight in telling his life’s story. Corgan is a well-written, full-bodied character who is brilliantly described in this tale. He has a lot of depth and grows even more as the story progresses. Marisa Clements is artistic and a wordsmith, the perfect biographer for Corgan. She can be hard-headed and tangled up with folk-tales about vampires, but she is loyal to Corgan. I ...more
Clarice
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
As I began to read this book, I found myself identifying closely with the character of Marisa. Why? For a few reasons. I too originally set out to work in journalism and have a degree in the area. However, I too became somewhat dissatisfied with it before I even graduated. I happen to love reading (and writing) vampire romance. Last of all, I am not a big people person either.
The way Marisa seems to summon Corgan out of thin air was a bit strange. But that's somewhat explained later. Also, the
Kristin Scearce
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received an e-copy from the author in exchange for an honest review, positive or not.

I rather enjoyed this book. It's a different take on your usual vampire romance novel, and I like that it was a book-within-a-book at some points. The various characters were interesting, especially the group introduced toward the back half (don't want to give too much away), and the background information provided for the main characters was very intriguing.

I dropped a star due to some scenes, inc
Virginia Lee
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you love reading about vampires, then you will fall in love with this story. Marisa falls in to finding out that what she thought was something she wrote can be alive. What do you do when you find out that vampires are real? Maybe the story that Marisa has been writing was base of the memories of Corgan. This was a wonderful twist of vampires and mystery. Find that one you fall hard for but what happens when you write the end? Highly recommend this book
BRVL --Book Review Virginia Lee

Heather Wamboldt
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Vampire's Tale is the first book in The Magicals Series. I enjoyed this paranormal romance between human Marisa Clements and vampire Corgan Halton. The story flowed nicely and was well written. The characters were well developed and it was enjoyable to have Marisa start to believe in vampires. The romance was sweet and nicely done.

I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Scarolet Ellis
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Vampire's Tale by Maya Tyler is a wonderful story that I have read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series writen by a brand new author for me to read. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about vampires and paranormal romance.

Nadia Stephens
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Vampire’s Tale by Maya Tyler is about Marisa writing a book about the life of Corgan and falling in love. This would be a great read for anyone that loved Interview with a Vampire or loves to read about vampires and wizards. I would’ve enjoyed this more if it wasn’t to predictable and less dramatic.

Elizabeth McDaniel
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marisa needs protection. But from whom? Corgan is a vampire, a beast in her eyes, and yet...Corgan needs Marisa. Corgan and Marisa are on quite the exciting and dangerous adventure in this fun read.

Barbara
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book one in The Magicals Series a well written story by a new Author to me. This is Marisa Clements and vampire Corgan Halton's story that kept me turning pages. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Michelle Shemon
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Vampire's Tale
The Magicals Series, #1
Maya Tyler

Loved it! This was a great book. Once I started reading I could not put it down. The characters were amazing, and the storyline was full of adventure!! A can't miss!!!
Debbie Eyre
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This novel approach to this vampire romance story is off to a great start! Filled with mystery, suspense, drama and some great characters I found myself glued to the pages in this fantasy read and can’t wait to read the next book!

Autumn
Apr 29, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf, 2018
No review. Got 40% in and could not get any further. DNF
Rose Brown
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
“A Vampire’s Tale” is a witty paranormal romance with a predictable storyline and lovable characters. A good read for a Saturday afternoon.

Krissy
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A humdrum writer, Marisa, getting the story of a lifetime....writing the life of a Vampire in his own words!! Why choose her to tell it? Great book but a little predictable in the storyline.

Dawn Milligan
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thai is a stand alone which I like it's a good light read I enjoyed the story the characters are good it's got some sweet moments and over all I would read more books from this author.
Tayra Sanders
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story got my attention. I liked it, it is an entertaining story. I received this book as an advanced reader copy from book sprout for my honest review.
Angela
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was decent. I loved how badass Marissa got at the end. I kind of wish she would have kept some of the humor from the beginning, though. I liked the back and forth banter with Marissa and Corgan. It seemed kind of rushed for everything that happened. Overall, it was a short, cute read with a small battle. Good for a novella length, though!
Julie Ramsey
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story

Overall a very good story. I really liked the premise of the book and the world the author created. The love between the main characters was very quick to start and not very believable. Saying that i still enjoyed the story and would read this author again for sure. Definitely an author to watch.
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Reviewed by Emerald Book Reviews

A Vampire’s Tale by Maya Tyler

I read many different genres of books but without a doubt one of my favourites is paranormal. Give me vampires, shifters and fae any day over a rock star or mafia boss.
A Vampire’s Tale is a unique type of romance. It is essentially a slow burn for most of the story, a deep and progressive tale of love between our intrepid heroine Marisa and the enigmatic vampire Corgan.
For me this book was reminiscent of Interview with a Vampire, a t
Oh My Bookness
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
So, ‘A Vampire’s Tale’ the description alone in the beginning set an alarm ringing in my head, those who remember ‘Interview with the Vampire’ a bicentennial vampire who was eager to tell his past to a biographer. Corgan Halton also an ancient vampire wants his story to be told by Marisa Clements who is a struggling writer. Corgan can see the future and fears for Marisa life who he has grown to care for. Something else reminds me of another story of like Marisa, she is able to shut Corgan out of ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Marisa Clements is a fiction writer and loves to write about vampires but of course she knows they are not real until she meets a real (or dead/undead) live vampire that is, Corgan Halton. Marisa grew tired of her mundane life so she gave up her job to follow her dreams of becoming a fiction writer and hopes that one day it will pay the bills.

Corgan is tired of living and has made a date with the sun. He has lived a very long time as he is probably hundreds of years old. He is tired of the same
The Perks Of Bein...: New releases 1 9 Mar 21, 2017 11:40AM

• Dangerously Wicked (Uniting the Packs Book 1)
  • Malicious Prince (Territorial Mates #3)
  • Claiming Claire
  • Stone Heart (The Gargoyle Protectors #1)
  • Demon's Mark
  • Renewal (Enchanted Foxes, #4)
  • Dragonsworn
  • Scorpio's Grace: Book One in the Scorpio's Grace Saga
  • Charmed by the Fae (The Love's Protector Series Book 3)
  • Seduced by the Fae (The Love's Protector Series Book 2)
  • Francesca, The Great and Terrible
  • Rising Tide: Dark Innocence (The Maura DeLuca Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Knight
  • Third Eye Blind (Mystic Hallows Harem #4)
  • Sloth (The Deadly Seven, #4)
  • Daughter of Rage and Beauty (Berserker Academy, #1)
  • Sapphire (Jewels Cafe: Sapphire, #1)
  • Dark Skies 1-3 (Dark Skies, #1-3)
Maya Tyler is a multi-published author of paranormal romance novels. An avid reader, Maya writes the books she loves to read—romances! She still believes that “True Love's Kiss” is the most powerful thing in the world. Her paranormal romances come with complex plot twists and happily-ever-afters. Maya draws inspiration for her stories from her active imagination, real-life experiences, and educati ...more

The Magicals (2 books)
  • A Wizard's Choice (The Magicals, #2)

News & Interviews