Start by marking “Writing my own Destiny” as Want to Read:
Writing my own Destiny

Writing my own Destiny

‘We love Aussies,’ they said, ‘the readers will eat you up’.

Those seven little words got me on a plane to the USA for the ‘Raunchy with a touch of sexiness – Valentine’s Day Author Event’ in Miami.

I’m a romance author. A girl with a vivid imagination, and an overactive sex drive.

Oh, and yes I’m Australian

When I agreed the so-called love of my life had just walked out on m
ebook, 1
Published 2017 by Stacey Johnston

To ask other readers questions about Writing my own Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Writing my own Destiny

Tianna
Apr 02, 2017 Tianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First thing's first. This story is nothing like Stacey Johnston's, California Dreaming Series. This story is a Romantic Comedy through and through. I literally couldn't contain my smile as I was reading or the laughter that would burst out randomly.

I LOVE Cait! She is hilarious and sassy! CJ is a typical ladies man but has an instant draw to Cait and goes for what he wants. That's where the hilarity and steaminess come in. They aren't censored together and aren't afraid to laugh when things don
Books and Boys Book Blog
** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Writing My Own Destiny… was destined to make you swoon.

I would have to say that this is my favorite book written by Stacey Johnston. This is a romance comedy that definitely brought out the gut filled laughs for sure. It is a story of recently divorced mother of two young girls from Australia, who was invited to Miami for an author signing. It was her first time to the states and she wanted to live life to its fullest with the hopes of having
Michelle
Apr 02, 2017 Michelle rated it really liked it
Fun quirky read that gives us bookaholoics an inside look into the world of romance writers. What happens when two romance writers hook up? And better yet, what do you do when a few days of fun turns into something much more and you live on opposite sides of the world?

This story is like a coming of age tale for Cait in a way, even though she's a divorced 40 year old mom. She really comes out of her shell in meeting CJ. And CJ is definitely all alpha male, but it's so sweet when he lets his vulne
Kelly Wood
Mar 30, 2017 Kelly Wood rated it it was amazing
Well, that escalated quickly.
Insta-lust turns right in to insta-love in this RomCom!
Cait is doing all kinds of things out of her normal comfort zone and you get to enjoy the journey with her! At her first book signing event, she runs into hottie CJ, a fellow author...and sparks fly immediately between the two! "Duly noted darlin'. Well, it's been a pleasure Cait, but we need to get **** done, and you're a distraction I'm going to search out later."
In a super short time frame, they both find the
Tracy
Mar 31, 2017 Tracy rated it it was amazing
amazing! quick..funny read with some very HOT scenes...light read...heroine with a bit of quirkiness..hot alpha male that's not over the top..all ingredients for a great read!
Mona williams
Mar 29, 2017 Mona williams rated it it was amazing
omg this book was amazing! hot sexy. its about a writer who comes to the states and hooks up with a hot american . they have some hot steamy times together . only to know she must leave soon. will they beable to part when there time is up? thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Ginger  Snaps
Apr 23, 2017 Ginger Snaps rated it it was amazing
Totally loved Caits quirkiness and humor and CJs protective side. But overall best part was that Cait was not a damsel in distress in need of saving. She could definitely stick up for herself but she gets to have CJ there as a shoulder to lean on which is pretty damn awesome I think! Totally recommend this steamy rom com!
Melissa Mendoza
“I feel everything, especially his heart as it races beneath me, alerting me of his excitement. His chest starts taking deeper breaths in and out, like waves on the shoreline. My whole body feels like it’s being sucked in towards the beach when he takes in those deep breaths and then in the next breath he is pushing me back out to sea.”

5+ everything happens for a reason Stars! I thought I loved Stacey before this book, but I’m officially obsessed!

I’ve been a fan of Stacey’s for awhile now, so wh
Tt
Apr 13, 2017 Tt rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review***

Writing My Own Destiny is a fun, light hearted read.

It all begins with Cait, an Aussie author with a inner wh**re that we all need to channel every once and a while. She ends up meeting CJ, who is a hot as hell American author at a book signing in the States.

CJ has swag, is a bit of a player that is looking to have some fun. Cait has been through the wringer thanks to her ex and is ready to take CJ up on his offer.

The two of them hit
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 05, 2017 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
I want to start out with saying that the beautiful cover of this book deserves 5 stars all by itself. With that being said, on to my review. Writing My Own Destiny is a fun filled book about an Australian author, Cait, who's coming to America for her first author signing event. She's coming off a divorce, so this is just what she needs to let loose. She meets CJ there, and that's where the fun really begins when she's able to let her inner whore out. OMG this story was so much fun to read. I spe ...more
Brandy Roberts
Apr 04, 2017 Brandy Roberts rated it it was amazing
I am such a huge fan of Stacey Johnston California Dreaming has to be one of my favorite series so it was a no brainier to start reading this one it was a completely different genre then her other books and I thought that was pretty awesome . I love a good rom com so that was a plus I needed this read after reading a really dark book so if you are looking for something that will help you with a book hangover then this is just what you need . Loooooved Cait brilliant heroine super funny and adora ...more
Kathy
Apr 11, 2017 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud funny!! CJ and Cait are amazing!
Karen
Apr 03, 2017 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An ARC was provided from the author for an honest review.
I have a serious girl crush on Cait! We need to be bffs. Cait is a romance author from Australia, her husband dumps her, and she goes to a author event in Miami. She gets her groove back with the hot CJ who also happens to be an author. If I learned one thing from reading this book is you have to find the one who let's your "inner whore" out as Cait would say
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Writing My Own Destiny is a romantic comedy full smiles and giggles. It has a unique story line and is a light, quick read.

Cait and CJ are both authors who meet at a signing in Miami. Cait is Australian and in the US for the first time. CJ is American. They have instant chemistry and spend nearly every day of Cait's two-week visit together. Will it be a quick fling? Or will it turn into something more? Can a relationship work when you are an ocean apart?

As I said above, the plot was unique, and
Aisling Cooper
Apr 26, 2017 Aisling Cooper rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as a reader I go to many book festivals and signings every year but it's so interesting to hear the thoughts, feelings and opinions of an author attending an event for the first time.

I loved the connection that CJ and Cait had right from the beginning and it only grew as the book went on. I loved how CJ accepted the little quirks about Cait and slowly brought her out of her shell and enabled her to start to heal.

I just hope that maybe Katie gets a book too and we see CJ and C
Victoria Philpott
May 17, 2017 Victoria Philpott rated it it was amazing
Omg so love this book. I won a copy of writing my own destiny and as soon as I started reading I haven't put it down. It took me 3 days to read and it is a fantastic book with romance and comedy I will recommend this book to my friends .
Amanda
This was a cute book but felt rushed. Total insta-love and constant sex for the sake of sex was a bit of a turnoff but the Rory Gilmore type humor and the visual into the life of an author and blogger book event made it quirky and entertaining.
Emilee Ashley
Emilee Ashley rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2017
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2017
Leanna Wallace
Leanna Wallace rated it really liked it
May 16, 2017
Renee
Renee rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2017
Lisa White
Apr 07, 2017 Lisa White rated it it was amazing
Received as an ARC for an Honest review from Author.

Stacey Johnston has outdone herself with this one. This book has it all: its funny, continuous banter, instant chemistry, discovering yourself and learning love again.

Cait is an author visiting the USA for an author signing event, after her recent divorce, she is in Miami for two weeks, while the ex has their 2 girls back home. Cait decides to make the most of her trip and let her real self show that has been hidden for so many years.

CJ, ano
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2017
Kristine Dugger
Kristine Dugger rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2017
Books and Boys Book Blog
Books and Boys Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2017
Donamae Clausen kutska
Donamae Clausen kutska rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2017
RBCRRBLOGGER
RBCRRBLOGGER rated it liked it
May 17, 2017
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Lainey Da Silva PA
Lainey Da Silva PA marked it as to-read
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Misti Murphy
Misti Murphy marked it as to-read
Sandra McMahon
Sandra McMahon marked it as to-read
Cat Wright
Cat Wright marked it as to-read
Sheena-kay Graham
Sheena-kay Graham marked it as to-read
CL
CL marked it as to-read
Sandra (bookjunkee)
Sandra (bookjunkee) marked it as to-read
Nisha Tissoo
Nisha Tissoo marked it as to-read
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
T Van
T Van marked it as to-read
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Agnete Askhøj
Agnete Askhøj marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2017
Maayan S.Y
Maayan S.Y marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2017
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2017
Shannon Godwin
Shannon Godwin marked it as to-read
LorettaLynn
LorettaLynn marked it as to-read
Azalea Ivashcov
Azalea Ivashcov marked it as to-read
Fiza
Fiza marked it as to-read
Nuz Winnhy
Nuz Winnhy marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2017
Making Connections: 4874. - WRITING MY OWN DESTINY by Stacey Johnston 1 4 Apr 05, 2017 07:13PM
What to tell you about myself??
When I sat down to set about the challenge of what I could say, I found that I didn’t really consider myself to be very interesting at all.
I’ve lived in Western Australia my whole life, only ever leaving the country once. Right now though I reside in a southern suburb close to the beach.
Above everything else I’m a wife and a mother. I’ve been married to a man I beli
More about Stacey Johnston...