Start by marking “The Marriage Pact (Viral, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Marriage Pact (Viral, #2)

The Marriage Pact

(Viral #2)

Ryan Walters and Jackie Bowen became instantaneous friends during their wild and free years of college. He, the rugged, yet all American football player from a stable family fell hard for Jackie, the exuberant, spontaneous girl from a broken home who lived and loved life to the fullest. Too young to commit and wary of damaging the unique bond they shared, the friends to lo ...more
ebook
Published April 1st 2017 by K Larsen

To ask other readers questions about The Marriage Pact, please sign up.
Alex Clifford Much like the real events from my life on which this book was based without my permission, no, it does not end happily. For me, it never ends at all,…moreMuch like the real events from my life on which this book was based without my permission, no, it does not end happily. For me, it never ends at all, although I have tried to end it by killing myself.(less)

Jennifer Kyle
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had liked the story (loved the writing thus 4 Stars but the ending gets ZERO Stars)

"She was a treasure, a beautiful, wonderful, warm, funny, generous girl, who had left the fear of abandonment do atrocious things to her. And Ryan, was fool enough to fall head over heels in love with her."

Then when I hit the 88 percent mark until the very last page...

description

The epilogue felt like a DD service announcement when a reader has invested hours and hours on this relationship.

OH How I wish the ending was r
Paige
5+ "True Love Affair" Stars

Beautifully devastating. Captivatingly emotional. Heart wrenchingly powerful.

Missed Connection was the very first 5 star book I read in 2016 so when The Marriage Pact was announced, I was over the moon. I had an idea of what to expect based on M.C., but Ms. White and Ms. Larsen have the ability to absolutely break me and mend me at the same time. Thus The Marriage Pact played out before my eyes with my heart in my throat the entire way through. I literally started thi
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
I absolutely love when Mara White and K. Larsen get together. Their writing flows seamlessly and their stories feel so REAL. I felt that I knew Ryan and Jackie, lived through their emotional highs and lows and and felt their pain.

This story is emotional, romantic, sexy and epic. The book spans many years but through it all, Ryan loved Jackie more than anything, even when she tried to place him firmly in the friend zone.

Jackie was always scared of an emotional attachment so Ryan was her best fr
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Ughhhhhh I'm a wreck. Once I get my emotions in check I'll write a spoiler-free review.

I’m not going to tell you much about The Marriage Pact. You need to go into this book blind.  Here are five things you need to know about this book:
1.The Marriage Pact is emotionally all-consuming, and you won’t be able to put down this highly addictive book.
2. Have a box of tissues ready. Trust me.
3. A book hangover is in your future.  If you have experienced a book hangover, you know what to expect.  Brace y
Michelle Rodriguez
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
These two ladies have teamed up yet again to write another book together. I’ve read their own books separately, but when they teamed up together to write Missed Connections, which was one of my favorites for 2016, I could not wait to see them write another book together. If you’ve read Missed Connection, these authors took a story from Craig’s list and wrote a beautiful second chance love story. Well the same thing holds true with The Marriage Pact, they saw a story on Reddit and decided “yeah l ...more
Alex Clifford
Oct 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is ripped off from a true story about MY LIFE that I posted on Reddit to my endless regret. I deleted it within half an hour but it was too late, and people like you got hold of it. You used my life and my story without my permission. You took my life and my pain, the worst thing that ever happened to me, and you made something fake out of it. It makes me feel every negative emotion I can think of, all at once. Why did you do this? What made you think this was a decent or moral thing to do?
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Shelves: 2017
description

‘He wanted to unzip her wounded heart, trace the open and vulnerable line with his tongue.’

We absolutely love the writing duo of K Larsen and Mara White; they’re pretty fabulous. Their writing is flawless, seamless and one completely complements the other. This story was superbly written, it was evocative with moments of stunning beauty. We could not put this story down and read with trepidation and worry, out of fear for where these two Authors were taking us.

“Since the day you joined the worl

Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Marriage Pact
By K. Larsen and Mara White
4.5 Emotional Stars

Ryan Walters-The all-American kid growing up in a loving family home. Getting as much love and attention any person growing up would thrive on. Now away at college, he meets Jackie Bowen.

Jackie knows heart break…hell she’s lived the majority of her life dealing with one heart break after another. Just never getting the chance to live the life she so deserves because she is always taking care of someone else.

When Ryan and Jackie meet
Betül
Mar 29, 2017 rated it liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"You are...everything. Please let me love you. Please."

The first book I read by these authors was Missed Connection, which was one of my favorite reads of last year. So I was pretty excited to get my hands on this book. I enjoy friends-to-lovers romances and from what I already had read from these authors my expectations were high. Unfortunately this book did not meet that expectations. There were things I really liked, I enjoyed reading about Jac
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review

[image error]

This book! I absolutely love reading from new-to-me authors. The Marriage Pact is just that, a marriage pact between best friends. But it's SO. MUCH. MORE.

We're met with Ryan talking to a legion of college students in what we assume is present-day. I'll leave out what he's talking about as that would be a spoiler. Ryan is basically your dream hero. He's a football player, sexy, smart and absolutely ADORES Jackie.

Jackie has had a very tough start in life. She lost her mom
R.L. Griffin
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been so busy that I haven't been able to devour a book in one or two sittings. The Marriage Pact changed that for me. This book dazzled me. I've had to say on multiple occasions I'm not a huge romance fan, but this book was everything I would want in a romance book. (Some of you may disagree with me after you read it and throw all the things across the room) I loved and hated this book. I was sucked into the story. I wanted to know everything, I didn't want it to end.

The writing duo of Kat
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Day Mara White and Katie Ferrari Larsen decided to write together, is the day I bought shares in Kleenex. And boy I alone can push their sales up.
The story will scoop your guts with a dull spoon, it's that sweet and heartbreaking wrenching
Ryan Walters and Jackie Bowen meet in University of Wisconsin , and they literally fall in love at that exact moment he spots her in Starbucks line , cursing other customers out loudly ( like I'm cursing Katie and Mara now !!!) . They just don't know it ye
Amy
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm an emotional wreck. I started this book yesterday at lunch. Last night @ 11 am I finished and UGLY CRIED! My heart was drop kicked across the country.

Ryan met Jackie and slowly, fell in love. This is an epic romance that spans years, but their love stayed true to each other. Through thick and thin Ryan loved Jackie and vice versa.

Jackie was skittish in college, a commitment-phobe. Never wanting to give herself completely to anyone. Ryan was her best friend and her friend with benefits. She
Kerry Melton
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marriage Pact is a beautifully written story by a duo who definitely knows how to tell a story! It takes you on a rollercoaster of emotion where I laughed out loud one moment and the next I cried like a baby. I devoured this book! I actually lost sleep because I needed to finish this! I really enjoyed the characters and I thought the writing even better.
Marriage Pact is about friendship, love, and loss. It makes you think of what is important in life and not to take anything for granted. It's b
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe
Tanaka K
Ever had a book that makes you breathless? Ever had a book that emotionally rips you apart? Ever had a book that makes you bleed out and drown in your own tears? Ever had a book that completely changes you both in and out? Well. The Marriage Pact was that book for me. When I read the blurb. I expected a book about single friends doing a marriage pact. Nope this book was full on tragedy and emotions. Damn, I was struck by it until I could every facet of it. The Marriage Pact ruined me. Utterly de ...more
The Book Bee
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: 5 Stars
"No one else had ever spoke to his heart like she did, and honestly, he didn't want them to."

Well......shit.

I willingly give my heart to these two authors and I don't even question it. Willingly!!! They have "magical heartbreak" down to a science. This is now the second book that they have broken my heart with. The second time they've made me cry. And while this is the second book in the Viral Series, it is a complete standalone and the only connection to the first book is that
Grace
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Every time I sit down to read a book by this author duo, I need to mentally prepare myself. I've come to learn how they like to end their books. On top of that, this is part of the same series as Missed Connections, one of my ugly cry books last year. I will note up front, that I didn't cry. That's not to say there aren't any any heartbreaking moments. There are plenty. In fact, my co-blogger did cry. So it could go either way for you. Just know it will be an emotional ride.

Before I get into the
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

The only reason this book got 4 instead of 5 stars is that I think some grammatical editing is needed. With that said, this book shattered me. Obliterated me. Annihilated me.

Not Once
Not Twice
Not even Three times

No this book shattered me at every turn. Every time something good happened and melted my heart or made me laugh something ten times worse happened and severed my heart. The worst part is that stories like this happen every damn day in real life.

Ryan and Jackie are
Thai Holman
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't expecting the emotions I got from this. I was all over the place from this. I loved it.
I had so many different type of feelings reading this. I was mad at one point, sad then happy. I didn't know what rating I was going to give until I sat and thought. I COULDN'T PUT DOWN. So 5 stars highly recommend this. Loved the emotions I felt. A page turner.
Erika
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't say much about this one without giving anything away. I will tell you this...
I laughed
I cringed
I yelled but mostly
I cried.
My heart broke but the book was worth it.
Flo Grugel
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book! .....im sitting here with all the feels!
*~* Susie
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
Paula
Apr 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Not sure about this one. I didn't feel their connection and I'm not sure if it's because of how much time they were apart or because I didn't care for the h.
Reckless Readers
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars
The Marriage Pact will take you on a roller coaster of emotions, you are left devastatingly heartbroken while at the same time completely in awe at the love that Jackie and Ryan share. Jackie is the free spirit that never gives up and Ryan is the All American boy with the heart of gold. Their story is not a quick one and covers over a decade in this book. Ryan and Jackie love story is about finding that one person that makes you feel safe, gives your life purpose, and makes anywhere
Nina
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I instantly fell in love with Ryan and Jackie and felt every twist and pull they went through. Jackie and Ryan met in college. They we’re complete opposites but that didn’t prevent Ryan from falling in love with her. Jackie was afraid of commitment so she kept Ryan in the friend zone even when she had feelings for him. One dreadful call changed their lives. Jackie left college to go back home. Right before she leaves, they make a pact to find one another at the age of 30 and marry if not already ...more
ToniAnn Papa
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Be prepared to go through all the feels with this book. Grab a few tissues. I promise this book will leave you want to love all over again, feel broken, and cry your heart out.
Jackie is in love with Ryan and vice versa. They met in college and had fun. Jackie's life got turned upset down. Ryan and Jackie made a pack, but the time they were 30 they would get married. As much as Ryan tried, Jackie pushed him away. As Jackie says, her heart was dead. Her life was crazy. Ryan tired to get over Jacki
May
Jul 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
The fact they stole this entire storyline from a viral Reddit post makes me questions the author's morals and sense of decency.

The original Reddit poster deleted their post almost immediately as they didn't want their story shared, and has expressed his displeasure on this thread itself. Every time you read this, you are reliving someone's worst nightmare and seeking entertainment from a mediocre, badly edited version of the worst pain someone else has experienced.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lost
  • We All Fall Down (Of Love and Madness, #2)
  • Rainfall
  • Garden of Goodbyes
  • Maldeamores: Lovesick (Maldeamores, #1)
  • Shattered (Shattered, #1)
  • Chasing Fire (Fire and Fury, #1)
  • The Muse
  • Black Rain (Let it Rain, #1)
  • After All Is Said and Done - A Novel of Infidelity, Healing, & Forgiveness
  • 39 & Holding
  • The Absence of Olivia (Love and Loss, #1)
  • The Time Until
  • My Perfect Ex-Boyfriend (Perfect Guy #1)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • Starting Fires
  • Double Betrayal (Surviving #3)
  • Finding Solace (Flawlessly Broken #1)

I am an avid reader, coffee drinker, and chocolate eater who loves writing.

Come hang out with me

On amazon: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00AN1BSIE

@klarsen_author

Viral (2 books)
  • Missed Connection (Viral, #1)
“Pain fades, even if only by an invisible fraction every day. You keep going, you keep pushing and one day you wake up and you start to function better than you ever imagined you could.” 0 likes