Start by marking “Jax Marlin - To Catch A Marlin” as Want to Read:
Jax Marlin - To Catch A Marlin

Jax Marlin - To Catch A Marlin

(To Catch A Marlin #1)

In the tail end of the 24th Century, Special Inspector Michael Pedroni pursues Jax Marlin, a beautiful and elusive vigilante. It’s a wild cat and mouse chase that will take him from Earth to the Bacchus Dome and beyond.

Jax Marlin is not your average criminal. She seeks out evil-doers and law-breakers, doling out justice in whatever way she sees fit. But lately, she finds
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition
Published January 24th 2017 (first published October 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Jax Marlin - To Catch A Marlin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jax Marlin - To Catch A Marlin

Start your review of Jax Marlin - To Catch A Marlin
Ant Richards
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To Catch a Marlin is a curious story that takes place a few centuries from now, but it's not necessarily set in the typical futuristic way one is used to. There are aspects that are easily related to our current times, which makes the story more credible.

The storyline is a love-hate relationship between a cop and a very sexy vigilante told in a very fresh, fun and laidback style. Travel, love, sex, crime, hedonistic space resorts all conspire to make this a very enjoyable read.

Spoilers? Nah, not
Angela
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Jax Marlin: To Catch a Marlin is the first book in the To Catch a Marlin Series by T.K Toppin. This is my first book by Ms. Toppin- and I was seriously blown away by her fantastic story. She definitely got my attention, and has me excited to read the rest of the series. There are several more books in the series, available now- which I will be diving into asap- because if this first book is anything to go by, the rest of the series is set to be quite an exciting and fun ride.
This is an
Shelly Wygant
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jax Marlin, the vigilante. After losing her family she makes it her life mission to rid the world of evil-doers and law-breakers. She is kick a$$. When four of the world’s leading criminals are lining up to form an alliance she is determined to stop them. She will gift wrap them for "her copper" to bring in.

This was a great read with a cross between sci-fi, mystery, and suspense. I will have to say that I loved, loved, loved Jax's fight scenes. They were so well written that you felt like you
Jenni Bishop
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jax Marlin - To Catch A Marlin by T.K. Toppin is a sci fi story set in the future but not a future that is too farfetched. The story is about the relationship between a cop and a vigilante or should I say the love/hate relationship between the two. The story is fun and easy to read as TK’s story telling is uncomplicated and refreshing.

Jax Marlin does not see herself as a vigilante but the law doesn’t agree with her. She sets out to right the wrongs of very horrible people and with good reason.
Gayle
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't Mess With Jax Marlin

TK Toppin, what a tease you are! I was riveted by this story, assuming there would be a great big sexy scene between Jax and her copper, and while their brief face-to-face was sexy, I guess I'll have to read Book 2 as I root for the vigilante and Petroni to hook up.

Love the characters of Marlin and Petroni. Jax is such a badass!
J.C. Cassels
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun ride!

From the start, the cat-and-mouse game between copper Pedroni and vigilante Jax had me hooked! I was in the boat from the get-go!

Pedroni is a burned-out police detective who would rather keep his feet on good old terra firma than go chasing a slippery vigilante to a space-based wonderland of debauchery. But because it's Jacinda Fish, a.k.a Jax Marlin, he goes.

In the tradition of Leslie Charteris classic series "The Saint," Jax is a cross of Catwoman, Xena, and Simon Templar,
Sadie Forsythe
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
First off, I love this cover. Props to whomever designed it. The story's pretty good too. The first 10-15% felt like it just rehashed the book's description repeatedly, but after that the action seemed to pick up. Pedroni and Marlin's cat and mouse game was amusing, as was the way Marlin managed to stay one step ahead of Pedroni but was never too far away. Her affection for him softened her personality and made it a lot easier to relate to her. Without it she would have felt too cold to like, ...more
Laurel
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Special Inspector Michael Pedroni is assigned to a kidnapping case – with a twist. A vigilante is now in the sights of the ICSP for rescuing the child from the kidnappers. And Pedroni is on her tail – or so he believes until she starts feeding him leads information as to where she will be next.

Jax Marlin, a victim of a crime when a child, is out to attain justice for victims when the ICSP are unable to intervene due to laws and regulations they must follow. And this time, it seems, she’s pulling
Judy Gill
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jax Marlin, by her lights, is not a criminal. She’s a vigilante with a more than adequate reason behind her successful vendetta against truly horrible people. Most citizens would cheer her on, but there is one small matter—The Law.
Special Inspector Michael Pedroni represents The Law. It is his job to catch those who break it and by his lights, Jax Marlin breaks it every day she stays on what she considers her job, bringing down the kind of people who hurt others.

It’s far in the future where the
T.M.
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cary Caffrey
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book by Ms. Toppin that I've had the pleasure of reading. Once again, she delivers a top-notch sci-fi romp of an adventure, chock-full of romance and intrigue. World-building, action, character: these are the areas where Ms. Toppin's talents really shine. The story is definitely interesting, as we follow along with Special Inspector Pedroni, hot on the trail of Earth's most notorious vigilante, Jax Marlin. Of course, as he closes in on his target, he finds himself becoming ...more
Patrick
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I admit to becoming a fan of Ms. Toppin' s works with the Lancaster trilogy. To Catch A Marlin has raised the bar yet again. This book is filled to the brim with action and adventure with a budding romance to boot. I can't decide which character I like better: Jax or Pedroni. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Laura Furuta
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jax Marlin – To Catch A Marlin
By T.K. Toppin
5 out of 5 stars

The story Jax Marlin - To Catch A Marlin is an amazing book to read. The story has action, danger, and a game of cat and mouse that is being played between the two main characters. I loved reading about Jax Marlin. She is called a vigilante; however, she sees herself as someone who finds and stops criminals her own way. She is intelligent, independent, strong, and beautiful. Special Agent Michael Pedroni is the one that has vowed to
Jonell
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible story! Somehow it managed to have all my favorite things...Pirates?! For Real. Jax Marlin is intelligent, tough and sexy. Michael Pedroni is a cop with a weary edge to him but honest and focused. It's his job to bring her in. This story was a great adventure, suspense, action, deep introspection. Everything that makes a story good and unforgettable. The main characters are thoughtfully crafted, and have you hooked in at the get go. The main supporting characters are just as ...more
Maura
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
You know how "they" say not to judge a book by its cover? Well JAX MARLIN - TO CATCH A MARLIN would be a very difficult book to do that with. The graphic gives no hint as to what the story could be about and the blurb gives only a little hint as to what is found between the covers of this story.

What IS between the covers is a well developed story with great world building and a fully thought out story. It is a story of suspense and intrigue and futuristic developments. A vigilante, a detective
Madison Degraffenreid
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019read
Jax Marlin – To Catch A Marlin by T.K. Toppin

5-Stars

Jax Marlin – To Catch A Marlin by T.K. Toppin was a wonderful read. I loved the mystery and suspense in this novel. I also loved how it was set in a time in the future. The authors futuristic ideas and creativity were amazing to read as the story unfolded. It was a lot of fun! There was also enough detail to easily visualize characters and settings. The storyline was easy to follow and organized. I loved this book and I highly recommend it.
Bobbi Wagner
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, I look forward to reading more from this series. This is a well developed story with lots of action, suspense and even some romance. The characters are strong, well rounded and make the story realistic. Jax is a vigilante who has Special Inspector Pedroni right on her trail. The closer he gets the more intrigued he gets with her. Than you four big time criminals forming an alliance that Jax is out to stop. I highly recommend reading this book to see how it all will end.
Kerry Baker
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jax Marlin by T.K. Toppin was an unexpectedly brilliant book and not at all what I thought I was going to be like. This book was so entertaining in all ways and I enjoyed every second of reading it.
Not only was it exciting and intriguing I also found it to be quite amusing as well. I loved the main characters. They had such life about them.
The overall story was interesting and well developed. This was a new author to me and I can definitely say I am excited to read more.
Leah Skinner
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This first book (in a seven book series) follows the trail of the sexy and elusive vigilante, Jax Marlin as she toys with Inspector Pedroni while bringing hardened criminals to justice. This book is exciting and fast-paced, and so well written. There's some sexual tension building between Marlin and Pedroni, making this suspenseful sci-fi mystery an all-around excellent read.

I Can't wait to read more...
Mirela
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jax Marlin – To Catch A Marlin by T.K. Toppin was a great read! I would rate this book a five out of five stars. I loved the mystery and the plot of the story. I loved Pedroni's point of view his character intrigued me and kept me glued to the book. I appreciated his point of view and it was a different way of thinking. I loved the mystery and hunt. I look forward to more books!
Roy Huff
rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2016
Aimee
Jun 05, 2018

• Hang On To Your Shirt Tails (Chasing Tails #2)
  • Vampire State
  • Lost in Carmel
  • Higher Elevation Series : Books 1-3
  • Hitting The High Note (Four Horsemen #3)
  • Drawing Strength From Words (Four Horsemen #2)
  • Journeys Through SpaceTime
  • Diamonds & Deception (Karina Cardinal Mystery, #3)
  • Supernatural Love Stories in the Absurd: Four Book Collection
  • Evergreen
  • Ricochet
  • Stalking the Stalker
  • Fire & Ice (Spicetopia #3)
  • The Rise of House Valdis (House Valdis #1)
  • Found in the Lost (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / The Leonidas Corporation Book 1)
  • Magic-Price (The Crown of Stones, #1)
  • Love & Omens (Crescent City Ghost Tours, #2)
  • Beneath the Fallen City (The Omni Towers, #1)
Science fiction/Speculative fiction writer, touched with a little romance (SFR), some humour, lots of action and adventure.

Author of the Lancaster Trilogy (The Lancaster Rule, The Master Key, and The Eternal Knot), previously published by Champagne Book Group and now re-released and available on Amazon.

Jax Marlin - To Catch A Marlin (series) previously published by Ring of Fire Publishing,

To Catch A Marlin (7 books)
  • Purged In Fire (To Catch A Marlin, #2)
  • The Marlin Strikes Again (To Catch A Marlin, #3)
  • The Necromancer of the Avon (To Catch A Marlin #4)
  • The Devil Inside (To Catch A Marlin #5)
  • The Edge of the Blade (To Catch A Marlin #6)
  • The Angel of Mercy (To Catch A Marlin #7)