Start by marking “Twisted Fate (Twisted, #1)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Fate (Twisted, #1)

Twisted Fate

(Twisted #1)

I had a plan for my future.

None of it involved Tristan Westbrook.

He’s overbearing, infuriatingly arrogant, and worst of all, undeniably gorgeous.

Not only is he admired in the human world, but Tristan is the leader of the fae.

Powerful. Alluring. Dangerous.

And full of dark secrets.

But he can keep them.

All I want is to get back to my life, yet I’ve somehow managed to catch hi
Published February 13th 2018 by Jessi Elliott

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Fate, please sign up.
K.J. Sutton If you're looking for something fast-paced and romantic, definitely!

Start your review of Twisted Fate (Twisted, #1)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
 photo teaser-1_zpsge2oc1yb.png
First Read -13th February 2018 - 5 Stars
Re-read - 6th April 2019 - 4 Stars

( Edit- I didn’t enjoy it quite as much on the second read through mainly because this time around I around Aurora rather irritating and immature it’s still a good read though )

Twisted Fate (Twisted, #1) by Jessi Elliott is a fabulous debut offering.
In fact, it's hard to believe this is from a debut author.
Jessie Elliot has managed to completely smash it with Twisted Fate.
I don't usually read many New Adult novels, bu
Karlita | Tale Out Loud
Call me crazy, but I don’t make a habit of putting a book down halfway through the story.
Aurora Marshall was in her final year as a business student. Almost every detail of her life was already carefully mapped out, staying on her comfort zone and having control over her future. Wanting to start off her senior year right, she agreed to attend the first college party of the year with her friends.

But when she found herself being kidnapped because of a case of mistaken identity, the wor
stumbleduponabook
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Twisted Fate is Jessi Elliott’s debut novel and she knocked it out of the park. I enjoyed it so much, I stayed up late reading it.

The premise of the story intrigued me enough to give this one a chance, and I’m glad I did. Not only did it surprise me in the best way possible, but I’m already anxiously waiting for the next book.

I loved the banter between Tristan and Aurora. Every time these two were together I couldn’t help but have a big smile on my face.

Most people walk on eggshells around Trist
Jessi Elliott
Aug 15, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
TWISTED FATE IS AVAILABLE NOW!!!

***SNEAK PEEK***

He rises from his chair and walks around the desk, closing the space between us. He stops a mere foot away, so close I could lean in and feel his breath on my face. “It seems we both have things we don’t want to talk about.”
“I . . .” Blood rushes to my cheeks. “There’s nothing to talk about.”
He reaches forward and twirls a strand of my hair between his fingers. “You’d rather not talk, then?” he murmurs.
My heart lurches in my chest. This scenario co
Bookish Affair
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
⚪🔸⚫ 4.5 STARS⚫🔸⚪

< ⚫A R C R E V I E W ⚫ >
"He makes me feel right - But that’s not for tonight"
Never imagining to find herself landed in a world where Fae exist Aurora finds herself in a situation of do or die. Being in the clutches of the Fae leader is so not cool and to top it off the said king looks like a Sin waiting to happen. That's Lethal..
" He isn’t finished with you."
For Aurora, now to get out of his clutches, the only way left is consider all the demands made by him or else the life
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
For more review follow my blog shades of paper

This book was one of my most anticipated books of this year, and I had such high hopes, but unfortunately it ended up really disappointing me. When I first heard it was about faeries, I added to my TBR because I usually tend to love those type of books, but I felt that I didn’t get much from this one.

For starters, I didn’t like neither of the characters. I found them so lineal and underdeveloped, and none of them hardly had any development throughout
Mai
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an e-arc of this from the author, in exchange for an honest review, and I can’t thank her enough for that.

Twisted Fate is a contemporary fantasy novel. It follows Aurora, a business major, who is thrust out of her own life and into the world of Tristan the Fae leader. Aurora’s life gets entangled with not just his life, but also his world.

The novel is romance-centric, it focuses on Aurora and Tristan’s developing relationship, while in the same time discusses this world’s issues.

The t
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite

description

Jessi Elliott can write. There's no question about that. I enjoyed Twisted Fate, but there was something...well, someone, that didn't let me love the story as much as I was hoping to.

But first, let's talk about what I loved about the book.

The cover.

Definitely one of my favorites!

Tristan...

I loved him!!!! He was this fucking delicious, arrogant man, ehem, ehem, fae, that I-wanted-to-bang-him-like-a-screen-door-in-a-hurricane, LOL.

Then, what I didn't like...

Aurora.

I'm sorry but I just couldn't
Kira
Aurora the 20 something year old human grabs the attention of the (probably) ancient fae leader. She was different and witty etc. although she really didn't stand out all that much IMO. Tristan was okay but too nice for a badass leader. His threatening bad boy image faded real fast. I appreciated that their relationship was slow burning but it was almost too slow.

Aurora was bossy forthright and self righteous kindly shared her opinions with others. She annoyed me sometimes when she thought she k
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
Elliott’s debut novel, Twisted Fate, was an exciting read. I was immediately drawn into the premise, an average, everyday college student, suddenly thrust into a world she didn’t know existed. A world filled with light and dark fae, in a war for power. As Aurora grows closer to the dark fae, and especially Tristan, their leader, the danger increases. Supernatural beings, suspense, danger, sexual tension…sign me up!

I enjoyed the banter between these characters. Aurora was headstrong and witty, an
Emma-Kate
Jun 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Brooke
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It has been a while since I have read a fantasy romance and I tend to like the stories about Faes. The the book first started I was unsure how I was going to like the characters. Aurora definitely grew on me with her sarcasm and witty comebacks. I wish though that the readers would have got to read some chapters in Tristian's perspective. Overall, I loved the story!
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Milwaukee Baker
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I know I’ve enjoyed reading Jessi’s work whenever I was lucky enough for her to send me blurbs for feedback when we were in high school, so I knew I’d enjoy Twisted Fate too. I really was only going to read a couple chapters before bed last night…

But oh my word! Once I started, I could not put this book down!

I knew Twisted Fate was a new-adult, paranormal romance, but I don’t think I entirely knew what that meant going into this. I’m not a huge Romance reader (look at my ‘read’ shelf for proof)
Jess (the cozy reader)
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
Big thanks to Jessi Elliott for an ARC copy for review

Oh sweet apple pie, this book was good! With a great atmosphere, the magical and deviant world of the fae, solid characters, and a romance that you cannot help, but get swept away in. Jessi Elliott did a fantastic job with her debut novel, Twisted Fate. I can’t wait for book two, Twisted Gift and for more Tristan Westbrook of course.

Rebecca
Apr 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF at 25%. I gave this one so many extra chances because it was on my phone for half a year and some stubborn part of me kept trying despite the dozens of other novels that wouldn't make me feel like a brain cell was being killed off with each melodramatic sentence.

It read like bad Mary Sue fanfiction and both main characters were so stereotypical that at one point, I actually thought it was meant to be a parody. It's actually like some new form of YA or NA or whatever-it's-called torture for t
Amber
Feb 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Reading this book was a lot like reading fanfiction for source material you're not familiar with. There's no real world building or character development, and without that framework the story just isn't as engaging. This trend of lackluster delivery extends to other elements of the novel as well. The characters will often remark that somebody is witty, or full of sass, yet the actual dialogue never reflects that. While this novel is far from the worst things out there, it does ultimately fall fi ...more
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
"The plot was really intriguing and I loved every moment of it, I seriously cannot wait for the next book it left on such a cliffhanger that I want to know what happens next. I need the sequel like right now. I didn’t know where it was going and I did not see the twists or turns that were coming and it still loves me shocked thinking about them now."

Full review at ABookHaven
Shealea
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-review
Well, that was underwhelming. Review to follow!

Actual rating: 2 stars
Cynthia
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-books
Twisted Fate is about a snarky young woman who is misidentified as the target of a Fae kidnapping... but something about her makes it impossible for the Fae to erase her memories.

This book was highly enjoyable and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys a mouthy female lead and light erotica. As for content on the latter, there was one short explicit sex scene towards the end, so that makes this an adult novel, but far tamer than most romances which go into that territory.

What I didn't like: The
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
MY RATING: 3.5/5 STARS

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

When Jessi first approached me back in Summer of 2017 with hopes of letting me review her debut novel, I knew I had to get my hands on one. I loved romance but I didn't know what urban fantasy was nor did I know if I actually liked fantasy novels. Thank goodness, a long list of fantasy arcs from publishers fell into my hands and converted me into a fantasy lover so I absolutely had no doubts when I read th
Jennifer / JG's Reads
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, riri
The synopsis was really intriguing, so I was excited to read this book. I liked it, but I had a difficult time really connecting with the story. I felt like the world of the book wasn't fully developed, especially regarding the fae. I liked Aurora's feistiness, but at times she acted really reckless, especially considering she was dealing with the fae. I also liked Tristan, but he didn't seem like a strong enough character to be the leader of the dark fae. Most of the characters seemed pretty on ...more
Av Sahota
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC for this book in return for an unbiased review.

Wow what a book!

Paranormal/Fantasy books are not normally my top picks but I am so happy I took a chance on this book and author. I loved the main characters Aurora and Tristan and could feel the tension between them from their first meeting. I was sat on the edge of my seat as I read this book their were so many twists and turns one minute I was crying the next minute I was laughing out load.

This was definitely a slow burn romanc
Ally *Wasted Life Books & Romance*
Wow!!! Those twists and turns were not at all what I was expecting! I was not expecting to laugh as much as I did! I loved the dialogue and wit between characters!
Aurora Marshall has her perfectly planned life turned upside when mistakenly kidnapped by the Fae. With one look at her captor, Tristan, ruler of a group of Fae, she and the reader couldn’t help but wickedly smile!
Her no fear, say exactly what she’s thinking attitude intrigues Tristan and only endears her to him further.
Despite what
Brandi (Brandi Janee's Bookshelf)
Twisted Fate follows Aurora, a senior in college about to graduate with a business degree. At the beginning of her second to last semester she goes out to a party with a couple friends to enjoy herself before the year gets too stressful. Not long after arriving to the party she wanders off to find the bathroom and ends up getting kidnapped. Aurora discovers that fate exist and she is being held hostage by Tristan, a Fae Leader.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't enjoy Twisted Fate as much
Christa
Underdeveloped and rushed world building with instalove romance.
&#x1f159;&#x1d532;&#x1d529;&#x1d537;
Mixed feelings with this book. Heroine struck me as a bit dumb most of the time. She moaned allot too. I will read to the second book to see if it improves.

Anna
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fae
Eileen (BookCatPin)
What to say about Twisted Fate... I think I'm a little burnt out over paranormal stories so I wasn't able to enjoy this one as much as I wanted to. Everything about the story felt formulaic.

I want to say I enjoyed the school setting, the forbidden romance and tension-filled situations but they felt so standard. Nothing that happened surprised me. There was barely a climax and very little character growths. More importantly I never felt a need to know what's next. For a supernatural story, nothin
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Book listings missing installment numbers 17 261 Feb 18, 2020 11:40AM

• Keeper (Keeper Duology #1)
  • Three Deadly Trials (Battle for The Dark King, #1)
  • To Kill a Fae (Hollowcliff Detectives #1
  • Magic in Light (Supernatural Community #1)
  • Restless Slumber (Fortuna Sworn, #2)
  • Prince of Never: A Fae Romance (Black Blood Fae, #1)
  • Vampire Mage (Clutch Mistress, #1)
  • The Vampire Debt (Shadow World: The Vampire Debt #1)
  • Mated For Life (Second Chance Alpha, #1)
  • Wicked Soul (Ancient Blood #1)
  • Conspiracy of Ravens (Raven Crawford, #1)
  • Evalene's Number: The Number Series
  • Divine Blood (Guardians of the Maiden, #1)
  • Queen of Storms (Institute of the Storm Fae #1)
  • Love Bitten (Vampire Blood Royals, #1)
  • To Kill a King (Hollowcliff Detectives Book 2)
  • Vicious
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
Jessi Elliott is a law clerk and author of both young adult and new adult romantic fiction. Her love of writing was born after many years of reading and reviewing books on her blog.

She lives in Southwestern Ontario with her adorable cat, Phoebe. Yes, named after the Friends character.

When she’s not plotting her next writing project, she likes to spend her time hanging with friends and family, gett

Twisted (4 books)
  • Twisted Gift (Twisted, #2)
  • Twisted Desire (Twisted, #3)
  • Twisted Devotion (Twisted, #4)