Start by marking “Twisted Fate (Twisted, #1)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Fate (Twisted, #1)

Twisted Fate

(Twisted #1)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  259 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
Being kidnapped by the leader of the fae really puts a dent in your senior year.

Aurora Marshall is sharp, witty, and always has a plan. Ready to finish her business degree and graduate, her life is going smoothly—until the night she meets Tristan Westbrook.

Tristan, the overbearing, gorgeous fae leader, and an admired businessman in the human world, is all kinds of dangerou
Published February 13th 2018 by Jessi Elliott

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
 photo teaser-1_zpsge2oc1yb.png
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 STARS
ARC Book Review
Release Date-13/2/18

Twisted Fate (Twisted, #1) by Jessi Elliott is a fabulous debut offering.
In fact, it's hard to believe this is from a debut author.
Jessie Elliot has managed to completely smash it with Twisted Fate.
I don't usually read many New Adult novels, but I do like to partake in a good fantasy and I'm a sucker for anything involving the fae.
This is a fantastic addition to the genre.

So in This, we have Aurora Marshall a fourth-year business student currently
Karlita | Tale Out Loud
Call me crazy, but I don’t make a habit of putting a book down halfway through the story.
Aurora Marshall was in her final year as a business student. Almost every detail of her life was already carefully mapped out, staying on her comfort zone and having control over her future. Wanting to start off her senior year right, she agreed to attend the first college party of the year with her friends.

But when she found herself being kidnapped because of a case of mistaken identity, the world she o
Yasmin
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Twisted Fate is Jessi Elliott’s debut novel and she knocked it out of the park. I enjoyed it so much, I stayed up late reading it.

The premise of the story intrigued me enough to give this one a chance, and I’m glad I did. Not only did it surprise me in the best way possible, but I’m already anxiously waiting for the next book.

I loved the banter between Tristan and Aurora. Every time these two were together I couldn’t help but have a big smile on my face.

Most people walk on eggshells around Trist
Jessi Elliott
Aug 15, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
TWISTED FATE IS AVAILABLE NOW!!!

***SNEAK PEEK***

He rises from his chair and walks around the desk, closing the space between us. He stops a mere foot away, so close I could lean in and feel his breath on my face. “It seems we both have things we don’t want to talk about.”
“I . . .” Blood rushes to my cheeks. “There’s nothing to talk about.”
He reaches forward and twirls a strand of my hair between his fingers. “You’d rather not talk, then?” he murmurs.
My heart lurches in my chest. This scenario co
bookish_affair
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
⚪🔸⚫ 4.5 STARS⚫🔸⚪

< ⚫A R C R E V I E W ⚫ >
"He makes me feel right - But that’s not for tonight"
Never imagining to find herself landed in a world where Fae exist Aurora finds herself in a situation of do or die. Being in the clutches of the Fae leader is so not cool and to top it off the said king looks like a Sin waiting to happen. That's Lethal..
" He isn’t finished with you."
For Aurora, now to get out of his clutches, the only way left is consider all the demands made by him or else th
Mai
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an e-arc of this from the author, in exchange for an honest review, and I can’t thank her enough for that.

Twisted Fate is a contemporary fantasy novel. It follows Aurora, a business major, who is thrust out of her own life and into the world of Tristan the Fae leader. Aurora’s life gets entangled with not just his life, but also his world.

The novel is romance-centric, it focuses on Aurora and Tristan’s developing relationship, while in the same time discusses this world’s issues.

The t
Tèo Sip
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
🔥Genre: Paranormal (Fae), Romance
🔥First-person heroine POV
🔥Cliffhanger: medium
🔥No love triangle nor cheating

Full review to come!
Kira
Aurora the 20 something year old human grabs the attention of the (probably) ancient fae leader. She was different and witty etc. although she really didn't stand out all that much IMO. Tristan was okay but too nice for a badass leader. His threatening bad boy image faded real fast. I appreciated that their relationship was slow burning but it was almost too slow.

Aurora was bossy forthright and self righteous kindly shared her opinions with others. She annoyed me sometimes when she thought she k
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite

description

Jessi Elliott can write. There's no question about that. I enjoyed Twisted Fate, but there was something...well, someone, that didn't let me love the story as much as I was hoping to.

But first, let's talk about what I loved about the book.

The cover.

Definitely one of my favorites!

Tristan...

I loved him!!!! He was this fucking delicious, arrogant man, ehem, ehem, fae, that I-wanted-to-bang-him-like-a-screen-door-in-a-hurricane, LOL.

Then, what I didn't like...

Aurora.

I'm sorry but I just couldn't
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
Elliott’s debut novel, Twisted Fate, was an exciting read. I was immediately drawn into the premise, an average, everyday college student, suddenly thrust into a world she didn’t know existed. A world filled with light and dark fae, in a war for power. As Aurora grows closer to the dark fae, and especially Tristan, their leader, the danger increases. Supernatural beings, suspense, danger, sexual tension…sign me up!

I enjoyed the banter between these characters. Aurora was headstrong and witty, an
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
For more review follow my blog shades of paper

This book was one of my most anticipated books of this year, and I had such high hopes, but unfortunately it ended up really disappointing me. When I first heard it was about faeries, I added to my TBR because I usually tend to love those type of books, but I felt that I didn’t get much from this one.

For starters, I didn’t like neither of the characters. I found them so lineal and underdeveloped, and none of them hardly had any development throughout
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Milwaukee Baker
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I know I’ve enjoyed reading Jessi’s work whenever I was lucky enough for her to send me blurbs for feedback when we were in high school, so I knew I’d enjoy Twisted Fate too. I really was only going to read a couple chapters before bed last night…

But oh my word! Once I started, I could not put this book down!

I knew Twisted Fate was a new-adult, paranormal romance, but I don’t think I entirely knew what that meant going into this. I’m not a huge Romance reader (look at my ‘read’ shelf for proof)
Jess (the cozy reader)
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Big thanks to Jessi Elliott for an ARC copy for review

Oh sweet apple pie, this book was good! With a great atmosphere, the magical and deviant world of the fae, solid characters, and a romance that you cannot help, but get swept away in. Jessi Elliott did a fantastic job with her debut novel, Twisted Fate. I can’t wait for book two, Twisted Gift and for more Tristan Westbrook of course.

Anna
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fae
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
MY RATING: 3.5/5 STARS

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

When Jessi first approached me back in Summer of 2017 with hopes of letting me review her debut novel, I knew I had to get my hands on one. I loved romance but I didn't know what urban fantasy was nor did I know if I actually liked fantasy novels. Thank goodness, a long list of fantasy arcs from publishers fell into my hands and converted me into a fantasy lover so I absolutely had no doubts when I read th
Brandi (Brandi Janee's Bookshelf)
Twisted Fate follows Aurora, a senior in college about to graduate with a business degree. At the beginning of her second to last semester she goes out to a party with a couple friends to enjoy herself before the year gets too stressful. Not long after arriving to the party she wanders off to find the bathroom and ends up getting kidnapped. Aurora discovers that fate exist and she is being held hostage by Tristan, a Fae Leader.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't enjoy Twisted Fate as much
Shealea
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well, that was underwhelming. Review to follow!

Actual rating: 2 stars
Julz
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Mixed feelings with this book. Heroine struck me as a bit dumb most of the time. She moaned allot too. I will read to the second book to see if it improves.

Lady Elizabeth
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked the book up and couldn’t put it down. Seriously, I ended up with back pain, red eyes, and a numb arm, all of this because I was reading in bed and until very late at night.

Tristan. Oh My God, Tristan. He was as annoying as I could have thought the Leader of the Fae could get. At the same time, the guy was not only hot but genuine, so I couldn’t help but fell in love, head over heels even with the annoying parts of his personality.

Aurora was a tough cookie to swallow, not for me though,
Kayla Brunson
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy via the author for an honest review.

This was a great debut novel. I couldn’t even tell that this was her first book! A case of mistaken identity leads Aurora to be kidnapped by the fae. This will change her life in ways that she couldn’t see coming!

Aurora was a good heroine. She started off with so much sass that I loved her instantly. She wasn’t afraid to speak her mind at all. Especially to Tristan. Tristan was great! He had so many layers to him. He was sweet, he was dema
Becky Boudreau
Between 3.5 and 4.

I have a lot of thoughts. Full review coming soon.
Nini~
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! I enjoyed this book from start to finish 💖💖
Booknerdingout
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. From time to time I did get some twilight vibes

His lips twitch. "It would seem my manipulation doesn't work on you."

"The way he watches you, " mom says. "You seem important."

And was slightly turned off by it.

Still, the author pulled me into Tristan and Aurora's story. Tristan was just absolutely delicious. Capital D! Book boyfriend for sure! I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about Auroras character. I felt the author was trying to create a strong heroine but sometimes it
Kelsi
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A big thank you to Jessi Elliott for the ARC of Twisted Fate.

This was such an amazing story with so many twists and turns it kept me up reading early into the morning. Aurora our main female protagonist is one of the best female protagonist I’ve read in a long time. She’s the perfect mix of sassy, full of wit, and down to earth that it’s easy to relate to her and want her as your best friend. Plus how she responds to Tristian our main fae protagonist is just an added bonus that adds to her char
Destiny Murtaugh
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

When I finished reading the first chapter of Twisted Fate, I knew I was reading something special. This book is a stunning debut. Jessi weaves romance and fantasy together so well and brings Urban Fantasy to an all new level. Twisted Fate didn’t feel like a debut novel, and for that Jessi deserves extra congratulations. Her debut is poignant, humorous, exhilarating and downright magical.

Jessi has amazing skill in creating three-dimensional char
Jenna Streety
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
[I was given a free arc in exchange for an honest review. I was also a beta reader.]

FIVE STARS. FIVE STARS. FIVE STARS.

I can't believe the draft I read not too long ago has developed into this amazing novel in such a short period of time. Jessi worked her butt off and it shows.

Aurora and Tristian's story is one I'm always excited for and I can't wait for its sequel. It's funny, honest, and swoon-worthy. I'll ship this romance until I die. Even as someone out of the urban fantasy craze, this was
Jade Young
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of being an early beta reader of this book and receiving an ARC. I love the changes Jessi made to this book before publication. This book truly has something for everyone! There are twists and turns and a plot twist that will shock the pants off of you.

Trust me. The ending will have you wanting to call Jessi up and demand the sequel.

I LOVE the character development in this book. Jessi has created characters that are relatable and diverse. This book is also heavy on dialogue,
Jessi Elliott is a law clerk and author of both young adult and new adult romantic fiction. Her love of writing was born after many years of reading and reviewing books on her blog.

She lives in Southwestern Ontario with her adorable cat, Phoebe. Yes, named after the Friends character.

When she’s not plotting her next writing project, she likes to spend her time hanging with friends and family, gett