Start by marking “Be Mine (At Last, The Beloved Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Be Mine (At Last, The Beloved Series, #2)

Be Mine

(At Last, The Beloved Series #2)

“My job is to protect you, not like you.”

After years of being bounced around the foster care system and an unwanted medical discharge from the Army, Jase Walker has finally found a place for himself as a bodyguard with Byrne Security. His loyalty to his job goes beyond professional dedication; the Byrnes treat him like family—the one thing he’s always wanted—and he’s not g
Published January 28th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Be Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Mine

Start your review of Be Mine (At Last, The Beloved Series, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

Be Mine takes place at the same time as Be True, and while it can be read as a standalone, I recommend reading Be True first for best results.

I'm a goner for the bodyguard, not to mention the enemies-to-lovers, trope and this story has both, plus oodles of unfulfilled sexual tension.

Jase is Kelly's bodyguard, and he takes his job very seriously. Kelly has been receiving death threats related to bLoved, the dating site he created so gay men could find true love. A stalker is blaming Kelly f
~Mindy Lynn~

This is another trope I enjoy, enemies to lovers. I was really excited for this one. But my excitement slowly died as I read the book.

It started out great. I loved all the sassy snark Kelly could throw. But eventually it got old. Kelly started getting annoying. The middle dragged like a saggy ass. The sexual frustration made me frustrated. I started skimming which is never a good sign. But then it started getting better again so I was therefore, happy again. So you could say this book was an up
* A Reader Obsessed *
3 Stars

Consistent Starling fluff.

As the owner of Bloved, Kelly has unfortunately made himself the target of a jilted psycho bent on revenge, thinking Kelly’s dating app stole his true love from him. The threats have escalated to disturbing proportions and against Kelly’s wishes, bodyguard Jase is called in to whisk him away from danger.

Jase and Kelly are like oil and water, and their clashing interactions were fun and amusing. Each think themselves as either not deserving of love or doomed to l
Meags
4 Stars

Stella Starling has become a safe bet for me, especially when flufftastic M/M romance is required to calm my mind and improve my mood.

I do love me a sexy bodyguard romance and this one worked a treat. Kelly and Jase played off an enemies-to-lovers vibe well, although they were never actually that considering how gobsmacked with immediate lust and awe the men were with one another from the get-go. Their UST built slowly and surely as the story progressed and when feelings and declarations
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2017
Really enjoyed this follow up to Be True. Not a lot of angst, no Big Misunderstanding or unnecessary conflict like with the previous book. Kelly is a bit high maintenance and he annoyed me a bit in the beginning but that really works for Jase. The chemistry between the two is there from the beginning, which I don't normally like but it worked fine for me here. It's missing some of the heat of the first book but lots of slow burny feelers up til about 75% when we finally get the only complete sex ...more
haletostilinski
This was a solid 4 star read for me. Kelly and Jase were good together, they had good chemistry, and I found them adorable and they made me go "aw," seriously.

I took off one star because the plot was a pretty predictable - and having the bad guy be who Brandon, the detective, thought it was from the beginning didn't make the "reveal" of it being that guy all that surprising, although maybe it wasn't meant to be surprising. Still, I didn't get much of a suspenseful feel from that storyline. Most
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
Man, this one totally missed the mark for me.

I’m sad.

I was really, really looking forward to Kelly’s story.

It’s one of those weird books. The kind where you enjoyed it because you knew what was coming, but the longer it took to get there the less you were invested. I think had it not taken so very long, we are talking like 70% here guys, I would have been seriously into it.

Jase and Kelly had so much potential and I liked their dynamic but it just stalled out and by the time it picked back up I k
Santy
2.5 Stars

I honestly didn't have high hopes for this book going in and with the way the first 60% went, I was prepared to trudge through Kelly's whining and general childishness/selfishness till the end.

However, somehow he got his head out of his butt and fixed his attitude. That's when things started looking up for the book. This was also a bit better with the steam than the other books by Stella Starling.

I'm still on the fence about Brandon and Shane's book as I honestly can't tell how it mig
Gigi
Feb 27, 2017 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Shelves: mm-bodyguard
I'm going to pass since I didn't enjoy the first book in the series. ...more
Lily
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars. This was a very light and fluffy romance. Staring Kelly, founder of Bloved, and the surprisingly low angst orphan/war veteran Jase. Having read previous SS novels it was fun to see Kelly take the spotlight. He was more childish and funny than I would've thought. Straight-laced Jase was a good match. Seeing them clash and argue was both funny and sexy. Typical HEA.
I got the feeling a lot of side characters like Brandon, Shaw, and Jacob are probably main characters with their own books
Len Evans Jr
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.. so far this series is 2 for 2! I couldn't put this book down and read it straight through! Even tho the authors have only 3 books out thus far and a 4th on it way they write like someone with 100s of best sellers published. I especially love the epilogues at the end of each book.. WOW! Will be reading the prequel to this series "All I Want" (Elliott and Ash) next & can't wait till book 3 in the series "Be Loved" (Brandon and Shane) is released! Highly recommend all the books! ...more
Bibliophile
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Hot military guy? Hot military guy who also grew up in the foster system and felt unworthy of love? Uh, yes, sign me up! I really wanted to enjoy this book more than I did. I did like Jase's character but I will be honest and admit that I didn't understand what he found so attractive about Kelly. Kelly annoyed me in this story. And their relationship seemed to go from "ugh, you annoy me!" to "you're the only one for me" a little too rapidly for my tastes. Long lasting connections aren't instanta ...more
Sussu
2,8 stars

pretty average on all counts. completely insta-lovey and the sexual tension the author was trying to build just didn't happen in my experience, so while there were sex scenes, this wasn't all that steamy. there were some interesting themes in the book (mostly the insecurity of both characters'; Jase's insecurity about his amputation and Kelly's insecurity about his own worth.)

not the worst thing I ever read but still ended up feeling like a waste of a perfectly good sunday afternoon.
Bobbie  Bomber
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Be Mine is a fun and cute book from beginning to end. The characters are fun an likeable the plot moved along at a really good pace and the "villain" is just cheesy enough to fit into this adorable romcom. plus the fact that enemies to lovers of one of my favorite tropes didn't hurt at all.

The author Duo of Stella Starlings have now become my favorite in the M/M romance world their books have such an easy laid back quality to them that I don't even notice that I can't put the books down.
2mmommy
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly and Jase

I really loved these two. Their story was funny and super spot at times but I love a good love story.
Cadiva
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as good as the others in this series

It's as overblown as a Hallmark Valentine's but that's what makes it a perfect read. The romances in this new series are ridiculous and yet the storyline works.

This is the mirror of book one, while Logan and Trevor were falling in love, Kelly was holed up with bodyguard Jase hiding from a psycho stalker.

There wasn't the same level of steam in this one as the first because that one had needed Logan and Trevor to pretend to be in love.
Instead this one has t
Melissa
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At first I didn't like Kelly. However, the story ended up being really good. ...more
Sylvia
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it

This was my favorite one so far from the Beloved series.
I just loved Kelly and Jase ♡
Nic
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did not last

I struggled to get into this book. Which was a disappointment because I really enjoyed the first book. I am not sure why it was a bit annoying. Will think about reading the third one just because.
Jennie
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Volunteered to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.

This story felt close to home for me. Since I live practically right where the setting was set, and in a cabin no doubt, "robotic dear" and all. haha. Okay, so maybe ours are actually really REAL.

I really enjoyed this story. Enemies to Lovers tropes are always a fave of mine. And Stella Starling made this one, one of my favorites. The writing was very well done. The characters had plenty of background to get you connected to them.
Bo
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three-in-One

This review covers the three books in the "At Last, The Beloved Series" because they are sooooooo good and also intertwined with characters and plotlines. I happened to have read the authors' "Semper Fi" series first, which did not blunt my appreciation of this series even though the first book in the Semper Fi was really a follow-up to the third of At Last-Beloved.

First of all, be warned: If you are not a fan of Etta James' version of "At Last," you will not be forgiven, because it
Lulu Forth
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
'The best matches were where two people could fill in the missing pieces for each other.'

This is Kelly and Jase's story. This story is set at the same time as book one (Be True) they can be read as standalones but I recommend you read them in order. I really enjoyed book one and was looking forward to book 2 and it did not disappoint! Loved this book.

'He was the only man in bLoved’s database of hundreds of thousands of eager, eligible gay men for whom the algorithms had never found a match. He w

Katherine
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love for those that believe they'll never have it

I am beyond loving this series!

I'm a huge romantic and this pings every romantic bone in my body. Getting to see Kelly and Jase together was so rewarding and I can't wait to read the next book!

From the first book we had already met Kelly. The creator of bLoved, he made the app to find himself a love match, but to find out that he didn't match to anyone out there. While he has resigned himself to flings, a part of him still pines for love and hurts
Lee Rey
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy*
Another fabulous series from a fantastic duo of authors. This is book 2 of the series, and it runs chronologically the same time frame as Be True, book 1. It can be read as a stand alone, but I highly recommend reading All I Want 1st then Be True and then Be Mine. This is the story of how the creator of the gay dating app bLoved, Kelly is in danger from an intelligent and resourceful stalker that threatens to harm him soon. Kelly is alone, he jumps in be
Jenny
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another good romance and I enjoyed it, but I was able to get out of the romance-fog and catch some flaws that may have gone unnoticed in the first few books I read.

The series seems to follow the same pattern--one guy is rough around the edges while the other is a serial dater that wants love. They are totally hot for each other but spend most of the time angsting about it and not just being honest. There is much internal dialogue and not enough action between the characters, IMO. I want
Jaimed
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved

Jace has a lot of hurt from his childhood and the only people to really "keep" him are his best friend, his best friend's uncle and his family. He haven't felt loved from anyone else and wants to be wanted no matter what he says.
Kelly has always wanted love, but hasn't been able to find it. It hurts to connect so many people, but never find your match.
Reading about these two is fun and touching. I live how feisty Kelly is and how hard Jace has to try to not show emotion around him. I'm so h
Hiridessa
I'm amazed at how much sweet I'm capable of standing.

This was cute, and overly sweet. It didn't blow my mind, by any means, and the "mysterious"/ action oriented plot wasn't my cuppa; but it was nice enough.
I like the way the MCs love each other. It's almost too much.
I just came down from a high of a great book (just my type of good), so it's going to be even harder to topple that. I'm even more critical and less surprised that usual. Stella is very entertaining though.
Maybe I'll edit this,
Ruth Evans
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow this is the second book I have read by this author I loved Logan and Trevors story in Be true. I honestly didn't think it could get any better but it just did, when I read Be mine. Amazing characters, wonderful story line and just so well written its addictive! Every page was as illuminating as the last. The end had me in tears in a great way. Stella Starling is definitely becoming a favourite and I can't wait for the next book by this author.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers co
Becky Baldridge
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great in this series. Be Mine is well-written, the dialogue is witty and often hilarious, and the characters practically leap off the page. I loved Logan & Trevor's story, it was so good and I was worried that I'd be disappointed in comparison. Boy, was I wrong. If this is any indication of what's to come in this series, I can't wait for what's next! Jase and Kelly are great together and Kelly's snark kept me smiling throughout. Adding in a bit of suspense and action and it was impossibl ...more
Jacey Jeffrey
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This a great book in the already phenomenal Beloved Series. This is Jase and Kelly's story. Kelly has been getting death threats and his company and the police feels that Kelly needs a bodyguard. Jase is hired as the man who is going to protect Kelly. There is a lot of back and forth between the two. The attraction and chemistry is apparent but Jase is resist or tries to be.

I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it. I can't wait to see what's next for this series. Well done!!!

I volunta
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Faker Rulebook
  • Operation Meet Cute (Operation HEA #1)
  • The Dating Experiment (Better With You, #2)
  • By the Numbers (Love Logic, #3)
  • Fools (Licking Thicket, #3)
  • Someday (Delicious #1)
  • Fake the Date (#Love Wins, #1)
  • Falling for the Geek (His Best Friend's Brother, #1)
  • Following the Rules (The Script Club, #1)
  • Stripped (Four Bears Construction #6)
  • Bad Intentions (Intentions Duet, #1)
  • Virtually Screwed (Love & Luck, #2)
  • Line Mates & Study Dates (CU Hockey, #4)
  • Good Intentions (Intentions Duet, #2)
  • Stud (Four Bears Construction #5)
  • Sleight of Hand (The Kings: Wild Cards, #3)
  • Off Balance (Painted Bay, #1)
  • The Stopping Place
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…

At Last, The Beloved Series (3 books)
  • Be True (At Last, The Beloved Series, #1)
  • Be Loved (At Last, The Beloved Series, #3)