Start by marking “From Russia, With Love” as Want to Read:
From Russia, With Love

From Russia, With Love

Ahha (Anna) Antipova was four the day her strung-out mother left her and her brother on the side of the road. After a year in a Russian orphanage, the siblings were brought to America by English-speaking people who promised a safe, forever family. Learning a new language and culture was nothing to Anna, who grew into an overachiever in a family with strict rules around bio ...more
ebook
Published May 20th 2017 by Bella Tulip Publishing

To ask other readers questions about From Russia, With Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Russia, With Love

Start your review of From Russia, With Love
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Erin Lee read and I'm kicking myself for waiting so long as this was a really great read.

Anna hasn't had an easy life and she's still only eighteen. Abandoned by her mother she as well as her brother is adopted by an American couple. She believes her life will get better but she's so wrong.
Elliott and his family is her salvation. They show Anna what being part of a family and being loved is all about.

This is a heartfelt story based on true events. I highly recommend this beau
Philomena Callan Cheekypee

This is a heartfelt story based on true events. I highly recommend this beau
Diana
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the most moving book I have read from Lee so far.
I was instantly drawn to Anna and everything that she had to deal with in life. It is so inspiring to see someone so young hold their head up despite all the struggles and the never-ending feeling of being beat down. I think Lee covered every emotion possible in this book. It really tugs at your heartstrings with such intensity. Anna is definitely one that will stay in your head long after the book is over.
Samantha
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was very excited to be given the opportunity to read this book. I've loved everything that I have been reading lately by Erin Lee and I was very interested in the idea of this story.
The author's note already had me intrigued about this story and its connections to real life people/events. When Elliot showed his mom the picture of Anna, I had chills. I was so worried about what would happen next. The confrontation with Anna's father was interesting to say the least. I became very frustrated by
Karen Hartsfield-Voliva
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read anything by Erin Lee and I can say bravo. Erin touch on a subject most people don't want to talk about, or do talk but do nothing. This being a true story I can imagine Mrs. Lee had a hard time with the details but she did a fantastic job.
Anna was born in Russia, her and her brother was left on the side of the road by her birth mother when Anna was four years old. The only thing Anna had of her mother is a key that was tied around her neck. Anna start in life w
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
4.5 Stars from me!

You know how I know Erin Lee has a rare and special talent for writing stories… she pulls these intensely, strong emotions from you. She makes it so you are either crying your eyes out for a based-on-true events story that shows how horrible a race we really can be or she’s scaring you so badly you’re jumping over every creak in the floor. This book will pull your heart strings. Lee also gives you an intimate viewing of the system and man, it’s messed up and slow! The writing a
Kimberly Hostetler
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I have read by Erin Lee and now I am hooked.

From Russia With Love will have you wrapped up in Anna's world from the very first sentence. My heart broke for her so many times but I also admired her. The strength and courage it took for her to get help and the fact that after everything she had gone through she could still love and trust. You can't help but fall in love with her.
This book was beautiful and a little challenging on the emotions, but it is also one of the best
Energy
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From Russia With Love is an extremely well-written, fact-based example of Lee's work in trying to rescue kids that cannot use their own voices to be heard. A heartbreaking and heartwarming tale of a girl that went from abandoned to used and abused, and to freedom. Love, compassion, and persistence are forces to be reckoned with, especially when they come from someone who loves with the fierceness of a mother. Lee brings us through the struggles that agencies deal with in trying to work with the ...more
Mona williams
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
omg this book brought tears to my eyes and hot close to home for me. its about a young woman who when younger her mom left her and her brother on the side of the road. they are sent to america to live with foster family. things are not as they appear . there is abuse going on and being covered up. this book was amazing!
Shelby
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the author's note to the turning of the very last page, this novella has totally grabbed my thumping heart. I knew, I would possibly need a couple of tissues after reading the blurb, but was not expecting to use the sleeves on my shirt, as well. The tears just wouldn't stop. This story was filled with sadness but definitely dominated by hope and happiness. Such a beautiful story.
Lisa
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing strength

Wow. Anna has the most amazing strength I've ever seen. She struggled so much and it turned her into a great person. I'd love to meet the real life Anna someday just to give her a hug. Fabulous story, everyone should read this.
Meleaha Howard
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I loved this book! Anna was born in Russia, where her birth mother abandoned her and her brother. From there, they were put in foster care until an American couple adopted them. This should be where her life takes a turn for the better, but it doesn't. It isn't until she meets Elliot in high school that things begin to get better for her. Elliot loves her and will do all he can to protect her, including involving social services to get her safely away from her abusive family. The love and c ...more
Shelli
This is a book based on actual events, written by the author about someone close to her, and it reads that way. This does not feel like fiction, and it's not a novel read for sheer escapism and enjoyment. It is an inspiring story, one that will leave you feeling better at the end of it, despite the darkness traveled thru to get there.

This book will make those of us with good mothers appreciate them even more, and realize that not all families are formed thru blood bonds, some families are chosen
Tabitha Hartman
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so inspiring! They always say a mother knows, in this book she sure did... It was amazing to read about the strength and courage Anna had to overcome all the abuse she went through and I'm so happy she found her happiness and freedom.
Sharon Mason
Aug 03, 2017
Loves
added it
Sep 03, 2017
Erin Lee is a USA TODAY bestselling multi genre author and therapist chasing a crazy dream one crazy story at a time. She also writes under the name EL George.

She is the author of Crazy Like Me, a novel published in 2015 by Savant Books and Publications, LLC,, Wave to Papa, 2015, by Limitless Publishing, LLC and Nine Lives (2016). She’s also author of Alters, Host, and Merge of the “Lola, Party o